AFCAT 2018 Syllabus is an important part which the candidate should be familiarised with. Before appearing for an exam, it is crucial that the students must know the exam pattern. AFCAT 2018 is an Air Force Common Admission Test which is held for the admission of eligible candidates in the following posts of Indian Air Force: Flying Branch, Technical Branch, and Ground Duty Branches respectively. Candidates who wish to apply for Ground Duty Technical Branch need to appear for EKT. AFCAT for the first time will be held online, i.e., it will be a computer based test. Check complete details regarding the AFCAT 2018 Syllabus in the page below.
AFCAT 2018 Syllabus
Before proceeding to check the schedule and exam pattern for the exam, candidates can check the schedule for AFCAT 2018 in the table given below:
|Availability of admit card||After 31 Jan 2018|
|AFCAT 01/2018 Exam Date||25 Feb 2018|
AFCAT 2018 Exam Pattern
- Mode of the Exam: Computer- based
- Type of Questions: MCQ
- Number of Questions: 100
- Medium of the test: English for both AFCAT and EKT
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, 03 marks will be given
- Negative Marking: There is a negative marking of 01 marks for incorrect answer
- No marks will be given or deducted for unattempted questions
The AFCAT (and EKT) will be conducted in two shifts. The exam pattern for AFCAT 2018 is as follows:
|Exam||Subject||Duration of the exam||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|AFCAT||General Awareness, Verbal Ability in English, Numerical Ability and Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test||02 Hours||100||200|
|EKT(For Ground Duty Technical Branch only)||Mechanical, Computer Science and Electrical and Electronics||45 minutes||50||150|
AFCAT 2018 Syllabus
Each Question Paper will have questions from the following topics:
- General Awareness: To test your knowledge on the current topics regarding history, science, defence, sports, economics, etc.
- Verbal Ability in English: To test the skills of English language Error detection, synonyms, antonyms, word-meanings, comprehensions are asked in this section.
- Numerical Ability: Contains mathematical section up to 12th class with interest rate, numerical fractions, average, etc
- Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test: Spatial abilities and verbal skills are the parts of this section
The AFCAT 2018 Syllabus for Flying Branch, AFCAT Syllabus for Technical Branch or AFCAT Syllabus for Ground Duty is same as given below.
- General Awareness – History, Sports, Geography, Environment, Civics, Basic Science, Defence, Art, Culture, Current Affairs, Politics etc.
- English – Comprehension, Error Detection, Sentence Completion/Filling in of correct word, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary, Idioms, and Phrases.
- Numerical Ability – Decimal Fraction, Time and Work, Average, Profit & Loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple Interest, Time & Distance (Trains/Boats & Streams).
- Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test – Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability.
Standard of the exam: The standard of Numerical Ability Questions will be of Matriculation
level. The standard of questions in other subjects will be of graduation level (Indian University)