AFCAT 2 2021 – Indian Air Force conducts Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) to recruit eligible candidates as Group A Gazetted Officers in Flying and Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) branches. As of now, IAF has not yet released AFCAT 2 2021 Notification. Aspirants must regularly visit the official website. afcat.cdac.in to get the latest updates. Moreover, AFCAT 2 2021 Exam is expected to take place in August 2021. AFCAT exam is done through four stages – written examination, AFSB Testing, medical examination, and All India merit list. Furthermore, the result for AFCAT 1 2021 is released by India Air Force (IAF). To know more about AFCAT 2 2021 including eligibility, online application, vacancies, and other important aspects, read this article.
Latest: AFCAT 2 2021 is expected to be held in the month of August 2021. Check details here.
AFCAT 2 2021
AFCAT is held twice every year for the recruitment in Indian Air Force – in February and August. Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) is conducted for flying branch and ground duty (technical and non-technical). Indian Air Force invites both male and female for these branches.
|Event||AFCAT 01/2021||AFCAT 02/2021|
|Start date of filling the Application Form||01 Dec 2020||June 2021|
|Last date of filling the Application Form||30 Dec 2020||June 2021|
|Last date of filling the Application Form |
for Women candidates
|11 Jan 2021||June 2021|
|AFCAT Admit Card||05 Feb 2021||Jul/ Aug 2021|
|AFCAT 2021 Exam Date||20, 21 and 22 Feb 2021||August 2021|
|AFCAT Result Date||09 Mar 2021||Aug/Sept 2021|
|The start date for Seat Selection Process||To be announced||To be announced|
|Last date for Seat Selection Process||To be announced||To be announced|
|SSB Dates||To be announced||To be announced|
|Commencement of Course||Jan 2022||To be announced|
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2021
Read the eligibility criteria for the submission of the AFCAT 2 2021.
- Flying Branch – Candidates must have passed 10+2 with Maths and Physics securing minimum 50% marks, and
- Graduation with minimum of 03 years course with a minimum of 60% marks OR
- BE/B.Tech for 04 years with minimum 60% marks OR
- Those who have cleared section A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers or Aeronautical Society of India with minimum 60% marks.
- Ground Duty (Technical Branch) –
- Candidates must have minimum 50% marks in 10+2 exam passed with Maths and Physics and 04 years graduation/integrated postgraduation qualification in Engineering/Technology
- OR Those who have cleared section A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers or Aeronautical Society of India with minimum 60% marks
- Ground Duty (Non-Technical Branch) –
- Candidates must have minimum 50% marks in 10+2 exam passed with Maths and Physics and 03 years graduation, OR
- Cleared section A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers or Aeronautical Society of India with minimum 60% marks
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 and post-graduation with 50% marks
- Post-graduate Degree in Science/Maths/Computer Applications/Statistics/Geography/Applied Physics/Oceanography/Agricultural Meteorology/Ecology & Environment/Meteorology/Geophysics/ Environmental Biology with minimum 50% marks.
- Minimum age limit: 20 years
- Maximum age limit (for the flying branch): 24 years
- Upper age limit (ground duty): 26 years
AFCAT Application Form 2021
Candidates have to submit their applications through online mode. Visit the official website which is afcat.cdac.in for AFCAT 2021 application form. IAF allows candidates to register first and then proceed for the submission of the application form. Keep the Aadhar number ready as it is mandatory for the IAF AFCAT registration. Refer to the application fee for Air force Common Admission Test (AFCAT).
- Candidates have to pay Rs. 250/- (non-refundable) as the application fee.
- NCC candidates are exempted from fee submission.
- Mode of payment –
- Net banking
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
AFCAT Exam Preparation Tips
With less than a month left for the preparations, candidates must start their preparation now. Refer to the video given below by “Sugandha Sharma” to crack the AFCAT exam in the first attempt.
AFCAT 2021 Exam Pattern
Refer to the examination pattern below.
- Mode of examination: Online mode
- Duration of examination: Exam is conducted for 2 hours for AFCAT and 45 minutes for EKT
- Language of the question paper: English language
- Type of questions: Objective questions
- Number of questions: 100 questions in AFCAT and 50 questions in EKT
- Maximum marks: 300 marks for AFCAT and 150 marks for EKT
- Marking scheme:
|For correct question||+3 marks|
|For incorrect question||-1 mark|
|For unattempted question||0 marks|
- Distribution of question:
|Exam||Total Questions||Maximum Marks|
AFCAT 2 2021 Admit Card
The admit cards for AFCAT exam releases through online process only. Candidates can download their AFCAT 2 2021 admit card from afcat.cdac.in. As the call letters releases through login, keep the username, email id and password ready. The important information for the AFCAT exam such as exam centre and schedule for the exam is conveyed through the AFCAT call letters. So, candidates must download their respective admit cards within the stipulated time.
AFCAT 2021 Exam Selection Process
The selection of candidates for AFCAT 2021 is done through 04 stages – written examination, psychological test, medical examination, and merit list.
Written examination is the first stage of the selection procedure. This round involves AFCAT examination and EKT. AFCAT is conducted for 02 hours whereas EKT is conducted for 45 minutes. Candidates are shortlisted for psychological examination based on the marks secured in the written examination
A written psychological exam is conducted for those shortlisted for candidates. The psychological exam is conducted on Day 1 (Afternoon). Group tests and interview is conducted after the document checking in the next 05 days.
For the flying branch, a Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS) is organized. Those who were earlier declared fail in CPSS/PABT or a flight cadet who was suspended from flying training are not eligible for this round.
Candidates have to fulfil the required medical standards for the selection. Candidates are sent to medical examination either at Air Force Central Medical Establishment (AFCME), New Delhi or Institute of Aviation Medicine, Bengaluru.
Final merit list
The merit list for AFCAT is prepared on the basis of written examination and AFSB test. Candidates are placed in merit list depending upon the marks secured by them in written and AFSB test.
AFCAT 2021 Answer Key
Once the examination for AFCAT 2021 is over, what candidates await is the official answer key. Applicants who appear in the online examination can download the official answer key from the website, afcat.cdac.in. Right after the examination, several coaching institutes releases memory-based answers keys online. Aspirants can refer to that along wth the official one. With the help of AFCAT 2 2021 official answer key, candidates can calculate the expected marks in the examination.
AFCAT 2021 Result
Indian Air Force releases the result for AFCAT exam through online process. To check AFCAT 2021 result, visit the official website, afcat.cdac.in. AFCAT result is released in login. For this, candidates must keep their ‘candidate login’ details ready – email address and password. As mentioned above, the result is prepared based on the marks secured in the written and AFSB test. After the release of the final merit list, candidates have to be present for training.
AFCAT Exam Cut Offs
Refer to the previous year cut off marks for AFCAT examination below:
|AFCAT||AFCAT Cut Off (out of 300)||EKT Cut Off (out of 150)|
|AFCAT 01/2016||132||52 / 150|
|AFCAT 02/2015||144||52 / 150|
|AFCAT 01/2015||126||55 / 150|
|AFCAT 02/2014||123||45 / 150|
|AFCAT Exam||Direct Link|
|AFAT 01/2021 Notification||Click here|
|Detailed notification – AFCAT 01/2021||Click here|
|AFAT 01/2021 Corrigendum||Click here|
|AFCAT 2020||Important Links|
|AFCAT 02/2020 Notification||Click Here|
|Detailed notification – AFCAT 01/2020||Click here|
- March 17, 2020: AFCAT 1 2020 Result released. Check here
- February 23, 2020: AFCAT Questions with Answers 23 Feb 2020 Shift 2 is now available. Check Here
- February 23, 2020: AFCAT 1 2020 Exam Analysis and Review for 23 Feb Shift 1. Check Here
- February 23, 2020: AFCAT Answer Key of 23 Feb 2020 Shift 1 is now available. Check here
- February 22, 2020: AFCAT 2020 Exam Analysis of 22nd Feb, Shift 2 Exam. Check Here
- February 22, 2020: AFCAT 2020 Exam Analysis of 22nd Feb, Shift 1 Exam. Check Here
- February 22, 2020: AFCAT Questions with Answers 22 Feb 2020 Shift 2 is now available. Check Here
- February 22, 2020: AFCAT Questions with Answers 22 Feb 2020 Shift 1 is now available. Check here
- February 21, 2020: IAF Officially Releases AFCAT 2020 Model Question Papers with Answer Keys. Read More.
- February 21, 2020: AFCAT 2020 Exam Day Guidelines, Do’s and Don’ts, Last-minute Preparation Tips. Read More.
- February 8, 2020: AFCAT 2020 Preparation Tips for Numerical Ability, and 10 Questions Asked In Previous Year Question Papers. Read more.
- February 7, 2020: AFCAT 2020 English Syllabus, Preparation Tips, 10 Questions Asked In Previous Year Question Papers. Read more.
- February 6, 2020: AFCAT 2020 Preparation Tips for General Awareness, and 10 Questions Asked In Previous Year Question Papers. Read more.
Ans : AFCAT is conducted twice in one year – in February and August.
Ans : AFCAT is conducted in an online mode only.
Ans : Candidates need to have a graduation degree in order to be eligible for AFCAT