AFCAT 2 2021 – Indian Air Force (IAF) has declared AFCAT 2 2021 resultonline at afcat.cdac.in through candidate login. AFCAT 2 2021 Exam Date was held on August 28, 29 and 30, 2021. IAF conducts Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) to recruit eligible candidates as Group A Gazetted Officers in Flying and Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) branches. AFCAT exam is done through four stages – written exam, AFSB Testing, medical exam, and All India merit list. To know more about AFCAT 2 2021 including eligibility, online application, vacancies, and other important aspects, read this article.
Latest: AFCAT 2 2021 result has been declared. Check here
AFCAT 2 2021
AFCAT is held twice every year for the recruitment in Indian Air Force – in February and August. Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) is conducted for flying branch and ground duty (technical and non-technical). Indian Air Force invites both male and female for these branches.
|Event||AFCAT 01/2021||AFCAT 02/2021|
|Start date of filling the Application Form||01 Dec 2020||01 Jun 2021|
|Last date of filling the Application Form||30 Dec 2020||30 Jun 2021|
|Last date of filling the Application Form |
for Women candidates
|11 Jan 2021||June 2021|
|Edit window opens||–||26-28 Jul 2021|
|AFCAT Admit Card||05 Feb 2021||20 Aug 2021|
|AFCAT 2021 Exam Date||20, 21 and 22 Feb 2021||28, 29 and 30 Aug 2021|
|AFCAT Result Date||09 Mar 2021||17 Sep 2021|
|The start date for Seat Selection Process||13 Mar 221||To be announced|
|Last date for Seat Selection Process||16 Mar 2021||To be announced|
|SSB Dates||To be announced||To be announced|
|Commencement of Course||Jan 2022||Jul 2022|
Latest News on AFCAT 2021
17 Sep 2021: IAF has announced AFCAT 2 Result 2021 @ afcat.cdac.in Login; Cut Off Dips to 157. Read More
27 Aug 2021: AFCAT 2 2021 Exam Tomorrow Onwards; Last Minute Preparation Tips and Exam Day Guidelines. Read more
26 Aug 2021: AFCAT 2 2021 on 28-30 Aug; Last Minute Preparation Tips and Exam Guidelines. Read More
20 Aug 2021: AFCAT 2 2021 admit card out. Read more.
18 Aug 2021: IAF has announced that AFCAT admit card for 02/2021 shall release on August 20, 2021.
12 Aug 2021: AFCAT 2021: The Last 2 Weeks Preparation Guide To Ace Air Force Common Admission Test. Read More
11 Aug 2021: When Will IAF Release AFCAT 2 Admit Card 2021? Candidates Resort To Continuously Checking afcat.cdac.in Login. Read More.
10 Aug 2021: AFCAT 2 Admit Card 2021 Release Date Delayed? Here’s What We Know So Far. Read More
09 Aug 2021: AFCAT 2021 Admit Card releasing on August 09, 2021. Read more.
01 Jun 2021 – Online registrations for AFCAT 2 2021 Exam has started from June 01, 2021. Eligible candidates interested in the AFCAT exam can apply before June 30, 2021 They have have to create a candidates login to apply. Read more.
AFCAT 2021 Result
Indian Air Force declares the result for AFCAT exam online process at afcat.cdac.i,. To check AFCAT 2021 result, aspirants hav to log in using the login credentials. Candidates must keep their ‘candidate login’ details ready – email address and password. As mentioned above, the result is prepared based on the marks secured in the written and AFSB test. After the release of the final merit list, candidates have to be present for training.
AFCAT 2 2021 Admit Card
The admit cards for AFCAT exam releases through online process only. Candidates can download their AFCAT 2 2021 admit card from afcat.cdac.in. As the call letters releases through login, keep the username, email id and password ready. The important information for the AFCAT exam such as exam centre and schedule for the exam is conveyed through the AFCAT call letters. So, candidates must download their respective admit cards within the stipulated time.
AFCAT Exam Preparation Tips
With less than a month left for the preparations, candidates must start their preparation now. Refer to the video given below by “Sugandha Sharma” to crack the AFCAT exam in the first attempt.
AFCAT 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates appearing for AFCAT 2 2021 Exam should start their preparation a few months before the exam. They can start with the AFCAT exam pattern and syllabus. They two are the basics of the AFCAT exam which will help candidates to know the important topics and other aspects of exam. Refer to the exam pattern below.
- Mode of exam: Online mode
- Duration of exam: Exam is conducted for 2 hours for AFCAT and 45 minutes for EKT
- Language of the question paper: English language
- Type of questions: Objective questions
- Number of questions: 100 questions in AFCAT and 50 questions in EKT
- Maximum marks: 300 marks for AFCAT and 150 marks for EKT
- Marking scheme:
|For correct question||+3 marks|
|For incorrect question||-1 mark|
|For unattempted question||0 marks|
- Distribution of question:
|Exam||Total Questions||Maximum Marks|
AFCAT Syllabus 2021
Aspirants preparing for AFCAT exam can check the AFCAT syllabus below.
- English: Comprehension, antonyms, synonyms, filling in of correct word/sentence completion, vocabulary, error detection, idioms and phrases.
- General awareness: Geography, polity, history, current affairs, basic science, environment, culture, defence, art, sports, etc.
- Numerical ability: Time and work, average, ratio and proportion, profit and loss, percentage, time and distance (train, boat and stream), decimal fraction, simple interest.
- Reasoning and military aptitude test: AFCAT reasoning syllabus comprises Spatial ability, verbal skills.
AFCAT 2021 Exam Selection Process
The selection of candidates for AFCAT 2021 is done through 04 stages – written exam, psychological test, medical exam, and merit list.
Written exam is the first stage of the selection procedure. This round involves AFCAT exam and EKT. AFCAT is conducted for 02 hours whereas EKT is conducted for 45 minutes. Candidates are shortlisted for psychological exam based on the marks secured in the written exam.
A written psychological exam is conducted for those shortlisted for candidates. The psychological exam is conducted on Day 1 (Afternoon). Group tests and interview is conducted after the document checking in the next 05 days.
For the flying branch, a Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS) is organized. Those who were earlier declared fail in CPSS/PABT or a flight cadet who was suspended from flying training are not eligible for this round.
Candidates have to fulfil the required medical standards for the selection. Candidates are sent to medical exam either at Air Force Central Medical Establishment (AFCME), New Delhi or Institute of Aviation Medicine, Bengaluru.
Final merit list
The merit list for AFCAT is prepared on the basis of written exam and AFSB test. Candidates are placed in merit list depending upon the marks secured by them in written and AFSB test.
AFCAT 2021 Answer Key
Once the exam for AFCAT 2021 is over, what candidates await is the official AFCAT answer key. Applicants who appear in the online exam can download the official answer key from the website, afcat.cdac.in. Right after the exam, several coaching institutes also publish memory-based answers keys online. Aspirants can refer to that along with the official one. With the help of AFCAT 2 2021 official answer key, candidates can calculate the expected marks in the exam.
This year, IAF has announced AFCAT 02/2021 cycle Exam for 334 vacancies. check out the distribution of vacancies below.
AFCAT Exam Cut Offs
Refer to the previous year cut off marks for AFCAT exam below:
|AFCAT||AFCAT Cut Off (out of 300)||EKT Cut Off (out of 150)|
|AFCAT 01/2016||132||52 / 150|
|AFCAT 02/2015||144||52 / 150|
|AFCAT 01/2015||126||55 / 150|
|AFCAT 02/2014||123||45 / 150|
Qualifying candidates are required to take part in the AFCAT training organized by Indian Air Force. The training will commence in the first week of July 29222 for all courses at Air Force Academy Dundigal ( Hyderabad). The training will be organized for a duration of 74 weeks for the Flying and Ground Duty (Technical Branches) and 52 weeks for Ground Duty (Non-Technical) Branches. Aspirants who are shortlisted for AFCAT Training have to carry PAN card and account in SBI/ Nationalised Bank at the time of joining Air Force Academy. Also, aadhar card is mandatory for registration.
Officers selected for the Ground Duty and Flying branch are offered salary under the fixed stipend of Rs. 56,100/- per month during the one year training. Check out the table below to know the AFCAT salary
|Rank||Pay as per Defence Matrix||Level||MSP|
|Flying Officer||Rs. 56100 – 177500||10||Rs. 15500|
AFCAT 2 2021 Notification
IAF has recently released AFCAT notification for the second session. Candidates can check the AFCAT 2 2021 Notification from the screenshot below.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2021
Read the eligibility criteria for the submission of the AFCAT 2021.
- Flying Branch – Candidates must have passed 10+2 with Maths and Physics securing minimum 50% marks, and
- Graduation with minimum of 03 years course with a minimum of 60% marks OR
- BE/B.Tech for 04 years with minimum 60% marks OR
- Those who have cleared section A and B exam of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers or Aeronautical Society of India with minimum 60% marks.
- Ground Duty (Technical Branch) –
- Candidates must have minimum 50% marks in 10+2 exam passed with Maths and Physics and 04 years graduation/integrated postgraduation qualification in Engineering/Technology
- OR Those who have cleared section A and B exam of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers or Aeronautical Society of India with minimum 60% marks
- Ground Duty (Non-Technical Branch) –
- Candidates must have minimum 50% marks in 10+2 exam passed with Maths and Physics and 03 years graduation, OR
- Cleared section A and B exam of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers or Aeronautical Society of India with minimum 60% marks
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 and post-graduation with 50% marks
- Post-graduate Degree in Science/Maths/Computer Applications/Statistics/Geography/Applied Physics/Oceanography/Agricultural Meteorology/Ecology & Environment/Meteorology/Geophysics/ Environmental Biology with minimum 50% marks.
Age (as on July 1, 2022)
- Minimum age limit: 20 years
- Maximum age limit (for the flying branch): 24 years
- Upper age limit (ground duty): 26 years
AFCAT 2021 Application Form
Candidates have to submit their applications through online mode by visiting afcat.cdac.in. IAF allows candidates to register first and then proceed for the submission of AFCAT application form 2021. Keep the Aadhar number ready as it is mandatory for the IAF AFCAT registration. Refer to the application fee for Air force Common Admission Test (AFCAT).
- Candidates have to pay Rs. 250/- (non-refundable) as the application fee.
- Aspirants appearing for NCC Special Entry and Meteorology are not required to pay the application fee.
- Mode of payment –
- Net banking
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
|AFCAT Exam||Direct Link|
|AFAT 01/2021 Notification||Click here|
|Detailed notification – AFCAT 01/2021||Click here|
|AFAT 01/2021 Corrigendum||Click here|
|AFCAT 2020||Important Links|
|AFCAT 02/2020 Notification||Click Here|
|Detailed notification – AFCAT 01/2020||Click here|
- March 17, 2020: AFCAT 1 2020 Result released. Check here
- February 23, 2020: AFCAT Questions with Answers 23 Feb 2020 Shift 2 is now available. Check Here
- February 23, 2020: AFCAT 1 2020 Exam Analysis and Review for 23 Feb Shift 1. Check Here
- February 23, 2020: AFCAT Answer Key of 23 Feb 2020 Shift 1 is now available. Check here
- February 22, 2020: AFCAT 2020 Exam Analysis of 22nd Feb, Shift 2 Exam. Check Here
- February 22, 2020: AFCAT 2020 Exam Analysis of 22nd Feb, Shift 1 Exam. Check Here
- February 22, 2020: AFCAT Questions with Answers 22 Feb 2020 Shift 2 is now available. Check Here
- February 22, 2020: AFCAT Questions with Answers 22 Feb 2020 Shift 1 is now available. Check here
- February 21, 2020: IAF Officially Releases AFCAT 2020 Model Question Papers with Answer Keys. Read More.
- February 21, 2020: AFCAT 2020 Exam Day Guidelines, Do’s and Don’ts, Last-minute Preparation Tips. Read More.
- February 8, 2020: AFCAT 2020 Preparation Tips for Numerical Ability, and 10 Questions Asked In Previous Year Question Papers. Read more.
- February 7, 2020: AFCAT 2020 English Syllabus, Preparation Tips, 10 Questions Asked In Previous Year Question Papers. Read more.
- February 6, 2020: AFCAT 2020 Preparation Tips for General Awareness, and 10 Questions Asked In Previous Year Question Papers. Read more.
Ans : AFCAT is conducted twice in one year – in February and August.
Ans : AFCAT is conducted in an online mode only.
Ans : Candidates need to have a graduation degree in order to be eligible for AFCAT.
Ans. During the training session, candidates will receive monthly salary of Rs. 56,100/-. Thereafter, the Flying Officer get salary of Rs. 56100 – 1,77,500.