Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) is a Navaratna Public Sector Undertaking. BPCL is an Indian state controlled oil and gas company. The headquarter of the company is located in Maharashtra and operates two large refineries in the country located at Mumbai and Kochi. In 2016, the company was ranked 358th on the Fortune Global 500 list of the world’s biggest corporations. As per the 2016 data, around 13,535 employees worked in the company. Other products in which the company deals are petroleum, natural gas and petrochemicals.
The eligible and willing candidates will be able to apply on bharatpetroleum.com. The recruitment in the organization opens for various post. Right now, the Management Trainee recruitment through GATE 2018 has been announced. Apart from this, it announces vacancies for numerous other post and the recruitment of these are done as per the process below.
- Written Test
- Skill Test
- Pre- Employment Medical Test
Note: For some positions, direct interviews are also conducted.
Ongoing Recruitment in BPCL
The candidates can check details about the current recruitments from the links below.
|Advertisement – For Process Technician and Utility Operator||Click Here|
|Admit Card||Click Here|
|Recruitment through GATE|
|BPCL MT Recruitment through GATE 2018 – Announced!||Click Here|
Positions for Recruitment other than through GATE
- Process Technician / Utility Operator / Utility Operator – Boiler in Mumbai Refinery
- Chemist Trainee / General Workman-B (Trainee) positions in Kochi Refinery
- Special Recruitment Drive for Persons with Disabilities (PWD) for the posts of HR, Finance, Legal, Official Language Implementation, Computer Science Engineers and Mechanical Engineers.
- Operator (field) at various locations in marketing division of BPCL across India (Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Bengal)
- Experience Chemical Engineer in the areas of petrochemical plant operations / processes for petrochemicals.
Pay scale of Various Positions
|Name of the post||Grade and||Pay scale (in Rs)|
|Chemist Trainee||Grade IV||13500-31000|
|General Workman-B (Trainee) – CHEMICAL||Grade I||11500-20000|
|General Workman-B (Trainee) – MECHANICAL||Grade I||11500-20000|
|Process Technician / Utility Operator / Utility Operator (Boiler)||Grade VII||13,800-41,000|
|Special Recruitment Drive for Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||24900 – 50500|
CTC per annum (in lakhs) – 11.5
|Operator (Field)||Grade I||9,250-20,000|
|Experienced Chemical Engineer||The CTC offered to the selected candidates would be ranging from 12 lakh to 20 lakh (approx) per annum|
Note: The appropriate Pay Scale and Job Group for the right candidates will be decided by the panel after due assessment of profile suitability and performance in the selection process for the post of experienced chemical engineer in the areas of petrochemical plant operations/processes for petrochemicals.
The Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited operates at the following refineries:
- Mumbai Refinery: Located near Mumbai, Maharashtra has a capacity of 13 million metric tonnes per year.
- Kochi Refineries: Located near Kochi, Kerala has a capacity of 15.5 million metric tonnes per year.
- Bina Refinery: Located near Bina, Sagar district, Madhya Pradesh has a capacity of 6 million metric tonnes per year. The Bina refinery is operated by Bharat Oman Refineries Limited, a joint venture between Bharat Petroleum and Oman Oil Company.
- Numaligarh Refinery: Located near Numaligarh, Golaghat district, Assam has a capacity of 3 million metric tonnes per year.
More About BPCL
The Company was formed on 3 November 1952 under the name Burmah Shell Refineries Limited (BSR). The BPCL became the country’s second-largest oil company, as it announced the launch of its `Petro Card’ for the retail market in Gujarat in the year 2000. The company business is divided into 7 Strategic Business Units (SBUs), like Retail, Lubricants, Aviation, Refinery, Gas, I&C and LPG.
If there is any query regarding BPCL Recruitment, please ask in comments below.