BRO GREF 2019: The application forms for BRO GREF has been invited by the Border Road Organisation (BRO) for the post of Driver Engine Static (Multi Skilled Worker). The application form will be filled in offline format only and to be sent Commandant, GREF CENTRE, Dighi Camp, Pune. Only the male candidates are allowed to apply for this post. There are total 540 vacancies for BRO GREF Recruitment 2019. The selection procedure consists of physical eligiblity test, trade test, written exam and medical exam. The candidates finally recruited will be under probation for a period of 2 years. Candidates who wish to know more about BRO GREF 2019 must read the article below.
BRO GREF 2019
The pay scale for this post will be as per the 7th commission Level-1 which will be Rs. 18000 per month. The candidates have to score 50% marks in the written exam to clear it. The score for the trade test must be at least 40% of the total marks. Below is the schedule of all the related date of BRO GREF 2019 exam:
|Application form||To be Announced|
|Last date to submit Application form for all states||To be Announced|
|Admit Card Availability||To be Announced|
|Physical Efficiency Test and Practical Test||To be Announced|
|Result||To be Announced|
BRO GREF Application Form 2019
The application form for the BRO GREF post can be filled in offline mode only. However, the application fee for the form can be paid in online form only. The SC, ST and PwD candidates do not need to pay the application fee. The fee for all the other candidates is Rs. 50. Fee of the application form can not be refunded back. The candidates have to fill the application form and paste a passport size photo which should not be less than 3 months old and must be attested by a Gazetted Officer.
You have to post the filled application form through registered post to Commandant, GREF CENTRE, Dighi Camp, Pune – 411 015 with acknowledgement. The eligibility of the candidates will be considered as on the last date of filing the application form.
BRO GREF Eligibility Criteria 2019
Refer below the eligibility criteria for the exam of BRO GREF 2019 for the age limit, age relaxation, nationality etc.
Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India only.
Gender: Only the male candidates can appear for this post. There are no vacancies for the female candidates.
Age Limit: The candidate applying for this post must be of age between 18 to 25 years.
Age Relaxation: Below is the age relaxation that the candidates must refer to for the upper age limit.
|Central Government Civilian employee and departmental candidates ith service rendered of three years||Up to 45 years for SC/ST, |
43 years for OBC and
40 years for UR for Group C.
|ESM||Candidate with more than 6 months of service in armed forces six months continuous will be allowed deduction of the period of such service from his actual age plus 3|
years in addition to age relaxation admissible to OBC/SC/ST category.
|Jammu & Kashmir Migrant||5 years|
Education Qualification: The candidate must have the following education and experience qualifications:
- Matriculation from a recognized Board or equivalent
- Possessing certificate of Mechanic Motor /Vehicles / Tractors from Industrial Training Institute / Industrial Trade Certificate / National Council for Training in the Vocational Trades / State Council for Vocational Training.
Passed Class 2 course for Driver Plant and Mechanical Transport as laid down in Defence Service Regulations. (Qualification Regulations for Soldiers) from office of Records/Centres or similar establishment of Defence.
- Should qualify in proficiency test in the trade to be conducted
- by Border Roads Organisation.
- Should qualify physical tests as per Border Roads Organisation guidelines.
- Should meet physical and medical standards as per Border Roads Organisation guidelines.
BRO GREF Admit Card 2019
The admit card for BRO GREF is issued to the eligible candidates only. It is sent to the candidates on the cost of the government through the post. The candidates must carry the call letter to the exam centre of every stage of the selection procedure along with the other required documents. A list for all the candidate to whom the admit cards are issued will be published on the official website. This list is issued long with the name of the exam centre and the date of the exam. Commandant, GREF Centre will not be responsible for wrong delivery of the admit card. The admit cards for the GREF exam physical eligibility test will be sent to the candidates in a ratio of 10 times the total no. of vacancies.
BRO GREF Exam Pattern 2019
Below is the exam pattern for the written exam to be held for the recruitment of drivers for BRO 2019:
Mode of Exam: The paper will be in Pen paper offline mode.
Language: The question paper will be in English and Hindi Language.
Duration: The exam can be between 1 to 3 hours duration.
Type of Questions: The question paper will consists of objective as well as subjective type of questions.
Total Marks: The question paper will be of 100 marks in the written exam.
Qualifying marks: The candidates mmust score 50% marks (40% in case of ST and SC candidates) to clear the written exam.
Sections: Below are the sections that will be asked in the exam for the BRO GREF:
- Operation of static engine/Generator set / Concrete Mixers
- Checking of faults & Maint of Static Engines/Generator set / Concrete Mixers
- Use of fuels / oils / lubs in static engines
- General Knowledge
BRO GREF Result 2019
The result for BRO GREF 2019 releases separately for all the stages of the selection process. The result will be a merit list of all the candidates who cleared the stage of the recruitment process. In the first stage, the result is released as the merit list of all the candidates who filled the application form and cleared the minimum cut-off in the 10th class.
The candidates who cleared the physical exam will be called for the trade test. The candidates clearing the trade test will be appearing in the written exam. The candidates who have scored at least 50% marks in the written exam and 40% in case of SC/ST candidates will be called for the medical exam before the final selection.
Physical Standard for BRO GREF 2019
Below is the physical standard that the candidates have to clear in the physical efficiency test after filling the application form:
|Categories||Height (cms)||Chest (cms)||Weights (Kgs)|
|WESTERN HIMALAYAN REGION||158||75||47.5|
|EASTERN HIMALAYAN REGION||152||75||47.5|
|WEST PLAIN REGION||162.5||76||50|
|EAST PLAIN REGION||157||75||50|
|GORKHAS (INDIAN DOMICILE)||152||75||47.5|
|RELAXATION TO SONS OF SERVING/EX GREF PERSONS||2||1||2|
The expansion of the chest of 5 cm will also be checked for all the candidates. The candidates also have to run 1 mile in minimum of 10 minutes.
Selection Procedure of BRO GREF 2019
Refer below the selection procedure for the recruitment of the drivers engine static in the Border Roads Organisation:
- Application Form: The candidates have filled the application form in offline mode and then sent it to the address stated in the information brochure. The candidates will be selected for the physical eligibility test in a ratio of 10 times the total no. of vacancies. The candidates have to clear the cut-off as per the marks in the 10th class.
- Physical Eligibility test: The candidates will be called for the physical eligibility test after the application form . The candidates who clear the physical eligibility round to appear for the trade test. The height, weight and chest of the candidates are measured in this round and a merit list is prepared.
- Trade test: The candidates who clear the physical eligibility test appear for the trade test. The trade test will be of 25 marks and will include Identification of engine parts of Static Engines, Identification of oils / lubes and identification of tools, equipment. The candidates have to score at least 40% marks to qualify for the written exam.
- Written Test: The written exam will be of 100 marks. The candidates who cleared the trade test will appear for the written exam. The written exam will have 4 sections. The question paper will only be in Eglish and Hindi. The candidates who clear this exam will appear for the medical exam before final selection.
Vacancies of BRO GREF 2019
Below is the vacancy table that you can refer for the division of the vacancies among various categories. The physically handicapped candidates will have 4% reservation in this post.
About BRO GREF Post
The pay band of the post of BRO GREF is as per the 7th commission Level – 1 which will be Rs. 18000 per month. The recruited candidates will also have the compensations as per Contribution Pension Scheme, Leave Travel Concession, Children Education allowance, Group Insurance, Injury benefits, Medical Treatment and other concessions including family accommodation as applicable to Central Govt. employees.
The candidates will also be allowed free rations as per authorised scale, clothing allowance, free single accommodation, special compensatory allowances/remote locality allowances and local allowances
such as HRA, TPT etc as admissible. The candidates are supposed to be under a probation period of 2 years for this post.
About Border Road Organisation
The Border Road Organisation (BRO) is an organisation that maintains roads transportation networks in the areas of borders with the neighbouring country. The organisation works under the Ministry of Defense and the General Reserve Engineer Force (GREF). The BRO was formed in the year 1960 on May 7. Presently, BRO is working on 18 projects in 21 states and 1 Union Territory.
Official Website: www.bro.gov.in
For more information regarding BRO GREF Recruitment 2019, Download Information Brochure