Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India has released official notification of BSF Constable Tradesmen Recruitment 2017. Applications are invited for Male Indian Citizens only. Candidates have to fill their Application Form for following posts of Constable (Tradesmen) in Border Security Force in the pay band-I, pay scale of Rs. 5200-20200 + Grade pay Rs. 2000/- per month (Pre-revised) (Revised Pay matrix Level -3 of 7th CPC) and other allowances as admissible to Central Govt. employees from time to time. The posts are temporary but likely to become permanent. Candidates are required to fill all the details and read all the instruction carefully. All the participants are strictly advised must ensure their eligibility criteria while filling the application form. Get BSF Constable Tradesmen Recruitment 2017 complete information about application process, eligibility criteria, selection process and other information through this page below.
BSF Constable Tradesmen Recruitment 2017
Total No. of Vacancies – 1074
Age Limit (as on 01.08.2017) – Between 18 to 23 years.
Educational Qualification – Matriculation or equivalent from a recognized University / Board.
Selection Process-Candidates will be selected on the basis of following rounds. Those who clear all the round will be selected for the desired position.
BSF Constable Tradesmen Recruitment 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Matriculation or equivalent from a recognized University / Board with:-
- Two years work experience in respective trades;
- One year certificate course from Industrial Training Institute of Vocational Institute with at least one year experience in the trade;
- Two years Diploma from Industrial Training Institute in the trade or similar trade.
Age Limit – Between 18 to 23 years as on 1st Aug 2017. Relaxation for candidates of SC/ST/OBC category and other special categories of personnel in accordance with the instruction issued by Central Govt from time to time.
BSF Constable Tradesmen Recruitment 2017 Selection Process
Candidates have to go through the following selection rounds:
(A) Physical Standard Test (PST)
(B) Physical Efficiency Test (PET) – 5 Kms race to be completed within 24 minutes.
(C) Documentation (Original documents will be checked)
(D) Trade Test – Only qualifying in nature.
- The candidates who qualify the PST/PET/Documentation will be put through the respective Trade Test. Each candidate will be allowed to appear for one trade test only as entered in the application form.
(E) Written Test for 100 marks:-
- The Written Test for 100 marks containing 100 questions (qualifying marks 35% for GC & Ex-Servicemen and 33% for SC/ST/OBC) will consist of only OMR Based objective type multiple choice questions to be answered using Blue or Black Ball Point Pen only. The duration of the written test will be 2 hours.
- The question paper will be set to assess the (1) General Awareness / General Knowledge (2) Knowledge of elementary mathematic, (3) Analytical aptitude and ability to observe the distinguish patterns and to test the (4) basic knowledge of the candidates in English / Hindi. The question will be set both in Hindi and English. The papers can be answered either in Hindi or in English.
The candidates will be medically examined to assess their physical & medical fitness as prescribed in the eligibility conditions as per revised uniform medical guidelines issued by MHA. The candidates must not have knock knees, flat foot varicose vein or squint in eyes.
Medical examination will be conducted after the written test. Candidates will be called for medical examination in order of merit. Such candidates will be called till such time all vacancies in their respective categories are filled up.
Candidates having Tattoos will be considered as per following instructions:-
- Content – Being a secular country, the religious sentiments of our countrymen are to be respected and thus, tattoos depicting religious symbol or figures and the name as followed in Indian Army are to be permitted.
- Location – Tattoos marked on traditional sites of the body like inner aspect of forearm but only left forearm, being non-saluting limb or dorsum of the hands are to be allowed.
- Size – Size must be less than ¼ of the particular part (Elbow or Hand) of the body.