CTET Eligibility 2022 – Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has prescribed CTET eligibility criteria 2022 in the official notification. The required educational qualification for the Primary and Elementary stage is different. Candidates who wish to teach classes I to V should apply for primary stage. To teach classes VI to VIII, applicants should apply for the elementary stage. For each stage candidates must check the eligibility criteria before CTET 2022 application procedure. Get here CTET 2022 eligibility for the primary and elementary stage through this page.
CTET 2022 Eligibility
It is important for candidates to know the eligibility criteria for the stage they are applying for. We are providing here with the eligibility criteria for CTET. Also, there is no age limit for CTET exam 2022.
Eligibility Criteria for Primary Stage (Class I to Class V)
- Passed 12th with minimum of 50% marks and passed or in the final year of 2-year diploma in elementary education can apply.
- Passed 12th or its equivalent with a minimum of 45% marks and have passed or appearing in the final year of 2-year diploma in elementary education.
- Passed 12th or its equivalent with minimum 50% marks and is appearing in final year or passed 4 years Bachelor of elementary education (B.El.Ed).
- Passed 12th class with minimum 50% marks and is in final year or passed 2 year diploma in education (special education).
- Candidates who have passed graduation with a minimum of 50% marks with Bachelor of Education (B.Ed).
Candidates who are selected for the appointment of primary teacher have to undergo a six month Bridge course in elementary education. This course should be done within two year of the appointment a primary teacher.
Eligibility Criteria for Elementary Stage (Class VI to Class VIII)
- Must have a graduation degree and have passed or in the final year of 2 years diploma in elementary education.
- Graduate with a minimum of 50% marks and have passed or in the 1 year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed).
- Graduation with minimum 45% marks and have passed or appearing in 1 year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) in accordance with NCTE.
- 12th or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks and have passed or in the final year of 4-year Bachelor in elementary education (B.El.Ed).
- 12th or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks and have passed or in the final year of 4 year BA/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed.
- The candidate who has qualified B.Ed recognized by NCTE is eligible to take TET/CTET. Also, those candidates who are pursuing teacher education course recognized by NCTE are eligible.
Are you eligible? Submit CTET application form 2022 now!
Other important information related to CTET 2022 Eligibility
Here are some important things related to the eligibility criteria for CTET 2022.
- SC/ST/OBC/differently-abled candidates are provided with 5% relaxation in qualifying marks of educational qualification.
- Diploma or degree course in teacher education should be recognized by NCTE. However, diploma in education (special education) and B.Ed (special education) course should be recognized by rehabilitation council of India (RCI).
- After the appointment, the candidate with D.Ed (special education) has to undergo training. This is a course recognized by NCTE – 6 months of a special programme in elementary education.
- The educational qualification given above is for teachers of language, social science, mathematics, science, etc. For teacher of physical education, the eligibility criteria should be referred from NCTE regulation, dated 3 November 2001. For the teachers of art education, craft education, work education, home science, etc the norms prescribed by the state government is applicable.
- Candidate pursuing teachers education course recognised by NCTE is also eligible.
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET). It is a national level test to test candidates’ eligibility for the post of teacher. The aspirant who wish to build their career as a teacher need to qualify for the CTET exam first. Paper I exam is for candidates for Primary Level Teaching and Paper 2 is for Elementary Level Teaching.
Official website: ctet.nic.in
Ans. Candidates who have passed class 12th/ graduation are eligible for CTET.
Ans. Yes. Eligible candidates can apply for CTET Paper 1 and Paper 2.
Ans. No there is no age limit on CTET exam.
Ans. There is no such limit on the number of attempts for CTET exam.