DBT JRF Result 2020 – Department of Biotechnology declares the result of the DBT JRF Biotechnology Entrance Examination at rcb.res.in. To check the DBT JRF scorecard 2020, enter the user ID and password. On the basis of the result of BET 2020, two merit lists namely Category I and Category II are compiled. Those who qualify the Biotechnology Eligibility Test under Category I can avail fellowship under the DBT-JRF program, tenable at Indian institute where candidate registers for Ph.D. Whereas those who qualify in Category II will be eligible for appointment in DBT sponsored project and can avail of the fellowship from project equivalent to NET / GATE. Get here complete details of DBT JRF Result 2020 including date, process, scorecard.
Latest: DBT JRF 2020 cut off (Category I,II) is now available. Check below.
DBT JRF Result 2020
The scorecard of DBT JRF BET 2020 releases on the website. After the scorecard, the result declares online in the pdf file form which can be downloaded. The complete schedule of DBT JRF Result 2020 is as follows.
|DBT JRF 2020||Important Dates|
|Date of DBT JRF 2020|
03 Oct 2020
|Declaration of DBT JRF Result 2020||28 Oct 2020|
Check Here: Click here to check DBT JRF Result/Scorecard 2020.
Cut Off: Click here to check Category-wise cutoff marks for DBT-JRF BET-2020 under both categories I and II
DBT JRF BET 2020 Cut Off
DBT will publish BET 2020 Cut Off for DBT JRF Category I and Category II along with DBT JRF Result 2020. Cut Offs are published in the result PDF only.
In the meantime you can check last year’s cut offs below.
|Category||Cat I Cut Off||Cat II Cut Off|
In addition, you can see two more years cut offs below.
|Category||2018 Cut Off||2017 Cut Off|
How to check DBT JRF Result 2020?
The result for DBT JRF 2020 can be checked online on the official website. The scorecard will be released first and candidates can check the score card as follows.
- First of all you have to visit the official website and click on score card.
- The login page will appear asking for user Id and password. Enter these and click on login.
- The score card can be downloaded from the portal.
To download the DBT JRF result follow the steps as follows.
- To download the result you have to visit the official website and click on result.
- The pdf file will open containing the result.
- You can download the result pdf in your computer.
- After this you have to search for your name in the pdf. The name can be either in section 1 or section 2 depending on the score.
What to do after DBT JRF Result 2020?
After the result the selected students have to send some documents in the form of photocopy preferably attested by HOD or a gazetted officer else self-attested to DBT JRF program office at the earliest. The documents that needs to be sent are as follows.
- Copy of BET 2020 admit card
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Final/ consolidated mark sheet of the qualifying degree
- Certificate of the qualifying degree
- or SC/ST/PH candidates, proof for the category (preferably in English)
- For OBC candidates, non-creamy layer certificate (preferably in English)
- For EWS candidates, EWS certificate duly signed and stamped
- A Cover letter mentioning address for communication, phone/mobile number and email id.
The award letter will only be issued after verification of all the documents. For those candidates whose result is awaited shortlisting will only be valid if the candidate qualify all the eligibility criteria. Shortlisting can be revoked if any irregularity is found in documents.
Candidates qualifying under category 1 will be eligible for fellowship upon joining PhD program in any University or Institute in India. However the candidates qualifying under Category 2 will be eligible for joining in DBT sponsored research projects.
Candidates will be given Award Letters after their eligibility documents are verified, including the final semester marksheet of qualifying degree. This is done within 1 year from date of declaration of BET result 2020. If there are such candidates whose result is awaited, then their shortlisting shall be valid only upon fulfilling eligibility criteria. If eligibility documents are not in order, then shortlisting can be revoked.
DBT JRF Fellowship Activation
Candidates can activate fellowship after joining institute / university, within 2 years from date of issuance of DBT JRF 2019 Award Letter. The DBT JRF Fellowship shall start from date of issuance of award letter, or date of joining institute/university, whichever comes later.
- Category I candidates can activate fellowhip on joining PhD.
- Category II candidates will be eligible for joining in DBT sponsored research projects with fellowship equivalent to NET / GATE as per existing DST guidelines, if they are selected through institutional selection process. They will not receive any fellowship from DBT JRF programme.
DBT JRF BET 2020 Score Card
Candidates can download score card from official website upon declaration of result.
How to download score card?
- Click on link to download scorecard given above (available as per schedule).
- Then enter user ID or application sequence number, same as in application form of BET 2020.
- After that enter password.
- Then hit login button.
- You can now download scorecard.
- On the same page, to download score card, click Forgot Password button just besides login.
- Now enter your User ID, captcha code.
- Hit get password link.
DBT JRF Programme Selection Process
Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India gives fellowship to meritorious students in order to pursue research in Biotechnology through DBT JRF programme. The selection is done on basis of Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET).
On basis of BET, two merit lists are prepared.
- Category I: Top 275
- Category I: Next 100 in merit list
Who are eligible?
- Candidates must have at least 60% marks (55% for SC / ST / PH) in qualifying exam.
- They can be at max 28 years old (5 yrs relaxation for SC / ST / PH / VH / Females, 3 yrs for OBC NCL).
Biotechnology Eligibility Test
It is a MCQ based test with two parts. BET has to be attempted in 3 hours. The paper has negative marking.
|Section||Questions||No. of Qs||No. Of Qs To Attempt||Marks|
|Part A||General Science, Mathematics, Chemistry|
, General Aptitude, Analytical, Quantitative Ability,
|Part B||Specific Areas of Biotechnology||150||50||150|
Revised Research Fellowships
Research personnel working on RnD programmes funded by Central Govt department / agencies are now under revised fellowships.
|Designation and Qualification||Revised Emoluments Per Month|
|Junior Research Fellow (JRF)|
Post Graduate degree in Basic Science or Graduate / Post Graduate degree
in professional course selected through a process under any of the following
– Scholars selected through National Eligibility Tests such as CSIR UGC NET
including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE.
– Selection through National level examinations conducted by
Central Govt departments and their agencies and institutions
such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER.
|Senior Research Fellow (SRF)|
Qualification prescribed for JRF with 2 years of research experience
DBT JRF Result Archives
If you have any queries regarding DBT JRF Result 2020, then please ask in comments below.