DBT JRF BET Result 2019 has been announced on May 22, 2019, at bcil.nic.in. On basis of result of BET 2019, two merit lists namely Category I and Category II are compiled. Those who qualify the Biotechnology Eligibility Test under Category I can avail fellowship under DBT-JRF programme, tenable at Indian institute where candidate registers for PhD. Whereas those who qualify in Category II will be eligible for appointment in DBT sponsored project and can avail fellowship from project equivalent to NET / GATE. Get here complete details of DBT JRF BET Result 2019 including date, process, score card.
DBT JRF BET Result 2019
Candidates who are shortlisted as per result of DBT JRF BET 2019, and have completed their qualifying degree, should send requisite documents to DBTJRF programme by deadline. Check important dates in table below.
|DBT JRF 2019||Important Dates|
|Conduct of Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET) 2019||14 Apr 2019|
|Issuance of answer keys||15 Apr 2019|
|Last date to submit discrepancy in question paper and answer key||25 Apr 2019|
|Declaration of DBT JRF BET 2019 Result||22 May 2019|
DBT JRF BET 2019 Cut Off
DBT has published BET 2019 Cut Off for DBT JRF Category I and Category II along with result. Cut Offs are published in the result PDF only.
|Category||Cat I Cut Off||Cat II Cut Off|
In addition, you can see past year cut offs below.
|Category||2018 Cut Off||2017 Cut Off|
|Cat I||Cat II||Cat I||Cat II|
List of documents
Qualified candidates must send photocopy of documents, preferably attested by HOD or gazette officer or at least self-attested. List of documents include the following
- Copy of the BET 2019 Admit Card
- Date of Birth Certificate (preferably SSC certificate)
- Final mark sheet of the qualifying degree
- Certificate of the qualifying degree
- SC/ST/PH candidates must submit proof for the category
- OBC candidates must submit latest non-creamy layer certificate
- EWS candidates must submit EWS certificate
- A Cover letter mentioning address for communication, phone/mobile number and email id.
Address to send documents:
Biotech Consortium India Limited
5th Floor, Anuvrat Bhawan 210,
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Marg,
New Delhi – 110 002
Candidates will be given Award Letters after their eligibility documents are verified, including the final semester marksheet of qualifying degree. This is done within 1 year from date of declaration of BET result 2019. If there are such candidates whose result is awaited, then their shortlisting shall be valid only upon fulfilling eligibility criteria. If eligibility documents are not in order, then shortlisting can be revoked.
DBT JRF Fellowship Activation
Candidates can activate fellowship after joining institute / university, within 2 years from date of issuance of DBT JRF 2019 Award Letter. The DBT JRF Fellowship shall start from date of issuance of award letter, or date of joining institute/university, whichever comes later.
- Category I candidates can activate fellowhip on joining PhD.
- Category II candidates will be eligible for joining in DBT sponsored research projects with fellowship equivalent to NET / GATE as per existing DST guidelines, if they are selected through institutional selection process. They will not receive any fellowship from DBT JRF programme.
DBT JRF BET 2019 Score Card
Candidates can download score card from official website upon declaration of result.
How to download score card?
- Click on link to download scorecard given above (available as per schedule).
- Then enter user ID or application sequence number, same as in application form of BET 2019.
- After that enter password.
- Then hit login button.
- You can now download scorecard.
- On the same page, to download score card, click Forgot Password button just besides login.
- Now enter your User ID, captcha code.
- Hit get password link.
DBT JRF Programme Selection Process
Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India gives fellowship to meritorious students in order to pursue research in Biotechnology through DBT JRF programme. The selection is done on basis of Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET).
On basis of BET, two merit lists are prepared.
- Category I: Top 275
- Category I: Next 100 in merit list
Who are eligible?
- Candidates must have at least 60% marks (55% for SC / ST / PH) in qualifying exam.
- They can be at max 28 years old (5 yrs relaxation for SC / ST / PH / VH / Females, 3 yrs for OBC NCL).
Biotechnology Eligibility Test
It is a MCQ based test with two parts. BET has to be attempted in 3 hours. The paper has negative marking.
|Section||Questions||No. of Qs||No. Of Qs To Attempt||Marks|
|Part A||General Science, Mathematics, Chemistry, General Aptitude, Analytical, Quantitative Ability, General Biotechnology||50||50||150|
|Part B||Specific Areas of Biotechnology||150||50||150|
Revised Research Fellowships
Research personnel working on RnD programmes funded by Central Govt department / agencies are now under revised fellowships.
|Designation and Qualification||Revised Emoluments Per Month|
|Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Post Graduate degree in Basic Science or Graduate / Post Graduate degree in professional course selected through a process under any of the following
– Scholars selected through National Eligibility Tests such as CSIR UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE.
– Selection through National level examinations conducted by Central Govt departments and their agencies and institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER.
|Senior Research Fellow (SRF)
Qualification prescribed for JRF with 2 years of research experience
DBT JRF Result Archives
The result has been released online. Candidates can download the Score and check their Result after the examination. The DBT JRF Result has been released in PDF format. The direct link for check the DBT Junior Research Fellowship 2018 has also been posted here for your convenience.
|Date of Online Test||18 Mar 2018|
|Results BET 2017||27 Apr 2018|
Steps to check the DBT JRF Result
- Visit the official website of BCIL or click on the direct link provided above.
- Find the link which navigates the DBT JRF Result .
- Click on the Link.
- After Clicking the link a PDF File will be opened.
- For checking their Score/marks, press ctrl+f and type your name or roll number as per requirement.
Candidates are requested to enter the correct application ID/name etc for finding your name in the selection list issued by Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt of India. Candidate are also advised must keep their Result copy safely till the selection process is over.
If you have any queries regarding DBT JRF BET Result 2019, then please ask in comments below.