JK SET 2018 – The exam of JK SET 2018 is scheduled to be held in March 2018. The exam which is also known as the J & K State Eligibility Test 2018 is being conducted by the University of Kashmir. This exam is conducted for shortlisting the candidates for the post of Assistant Professor in the colleges/universities of Jammu and Kashmir. All other important information about the JK SET 2018 exam and its other related terms are given below.
JK SET 2018 – About the Exam
- Name of the exam: JK SET 2018
- Also known as: J & K State Eligibility Test 2018
- Level: State Level
- Conducting Authority: University of Kashmir
JK SET 2018
University of Kashmir will release detailed notification for J & K State Eligibility Test 2018 for the post of Assistant Professor in the colleges / universities of Jammu and Kashmir. Online Application form will also be made available at the time of notification release.
Schedule for JK SET 2018 is given here.
|Online application submission begins||Dec 2017 / Jan 2018|
|Download JK SET 2018 Admit Card||Feb 2018 / Mar 2018|
|Date of Exam||Mar 2018|
|Date of Declaration of Result||May 2018|
Please note that details given below are based on previous examination and should be used only for reference purpose. Details will be updated as soon as they are released by the university.
JK SET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria are crucial norms for candidate eligibility and for the JK SET 2018 exam these are set up by the University of Kashmir which is the conducting authority of this exam. The candidates who want to gain the eligibility for the Assistant Professorship through this exam must satisfy all the eligibility criteria for the same first. All the conditions for the eligibility have been given below.
Norm 1 – Academic Requirement
- The candidates must have cleared the Master’s degree in the relevant field or an equivalent exam. Candidates appearing for the final year examinations of their master degree are also eligible.
- The candidates who have completed their Ph.D. along with the master’s degree.
Norm 2 – Exemption from the test
- Candidates, those who have qualified the NET/SLET/UGC/CSIR JRF exams are exempted from the JK SET 2018 exam.
Norm 3 – Residential Status
- The candidates are NOT required to be a permanent resident of the J&K State.
Norm 4 – Qualifying Exam and Scores
- The candidates must have passed the qualifying exam which shall be the masters exam in the respective field.
- The minimum score for this exam will be 55% for the General Category and 50% for the ST/PWD/SC and OBC candidates.
JK SET 2018 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of an exam tells about the basic details of the question paper for an exam. The candidates who shall be taking part in this exam must essentially know about the exam pattern details and everything regarding it. The details such as the time allotted, the number of papers, the number of questions, type of questions, marking scheme etc. are important and must be known to every aspirant. The exam pattern details regarding the JK SET 2018 exam have been given below.
There are total 3 papers put up and all of these 3 papers consist of objective type questions.
The details can be checked from the following table.
|Paper 1||60 (50 to be attempted)||100||1 ¼ hours|
|Paper 2||50 (All Compulsory)||100||1 ¼ hours|
|Paper 3||75 (All Compulsory)||150||2 ½ hours|
Procedure & Criteria for Preparation and Declaration of Result
- It is expected that the results of the exam will be hosted on the official websites in the month of June 2018. There has been no information regarding the release of the results till now.
- The result generation will be a step-by-step process which is explained as follows.
- Minimum marks to be obtained in SET for considering a candidate for eligibility for Assistant Professor –
|Category||Minimum Percentage of Marks in each paper|
|Paper 1||Paper 2||Paper 3|
|General||40 (40%)||40 (40%)||75 (50%)|
|ST/OBC/SC/PWD||35 (35%)||35 (35%)||60 (40%)|
- The candidates securing more marks than the ones mentioned in the above table will be included in a merit list which will be prepared subject wise for all the categories.
- From this merit list, only TOP 15% will be considered as the JKSET 2018 qualified and will be termed as eligible for the lectureship only.