JK SET 2018 is a state level eligibility test conducted under the supervision of University of Kashmir. JK SET 2018 exam conducted on March 11, 2018. Candidates needed to register themselves online to appear in this test. Online registration for JK SET started on December 13, 2017. The last date to register for J&K State Eligibility Test 2018 was December 28, 2017. Candidates should have made sure that to complete the registration process successfully candidates needed to submit their category certificates etc by January 03, 2018. This test has been conducted in two exam centers namely Srinagar & Jammu. SET conducted in 37 subjects. This exam is conducted annually to recruit eligible candidates as Assistant Professors/Assistant Professors in the various Colleges and the Universities of Jammu and Kashmir State. Candidates can get complete details regarding JK SET 2018 on this page below.
JK SET 2018
The University of Kashmir has released detailed notification for J&K State Eligibility Test 2018 for the post of Assistant Professor in the colleges/universities of Jammu and Kashmir. The online Application form has also been made available. Schedule for JK SET 2018 is given here.
|Release of Official notification||30 Nov 2017|
|Online application registration||13 Dec 2017|
|Last date to register||28 Dec 2017|
|Last date for receipt of Category Certificates at SET Office etc.||03 Jan 2018|
|JK SET 2018 exam date||11 Mar 2018|
|JK SET 2018 Answer Key||19 Mar 2018|
JK SET Application Form 2018
The application form for JK SET 2018 released online at the official website of the University. The eligible aspirants applied online for JK SET 2018 from December 13 till 28, 2017. In the JK SET 2018 Application Form, applicants needed to enter their Personal Details, Educational Qualification Details, choose the course for which they wished to appear for and preferable exam center. Also, applicants needed to upload their recent passport size photograph in the online application form as per the specifications. The application fee for JK SET 2018 was to be paid by online mode only. Submit the application online, note down the form number and take a print out of the completed application form.
The candidate who wanted to apply for JK SET 2018 had to pay the following amount for the application fee:
JK SET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria are crucial norms for candidate eligibility and for the JK SET 2018 exam these are set up by the University of Kashmir which is the conducting authority of this exam. The candidates who want to gain the eligibility for the Assistant Professorship through this exam must satisfy all the eligibility criteria for the same first. All the conditions for the eligibility have been given below.
Norm 1 – Academic Requirement
- Candidates should have qualified their UGC exams from a recognized university.
- Students who have their Ph.D. degree and have completed their master’s by 19 Sep 1991 will be given a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET.
- It is advised that the candidates appear in the subject of their post-graduation only.
- There is no minimum upper age limit for applying for this post.
Norm 2 – Exemption from the test
- Candidates, those who have qualified the NET/SLET/UGC/CSIR JRF exams are exempted from the JK SET 2018 exam.
Norm 3 – Residential Status
- The candidates are NOT required to be a permanent resident of the J&K State.
Norm 4 – Qualifying Exam and Scores
- Candidates belonging to general category must have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off and reserved category candidates must have secured 50% marks in their last qualifying exams.
- Candidates who will be appearing or have appeared for the qualifying Master’s degree examination may also apply for this Test.
JK SET 2018 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of an exam tells about the basic details of the question paper for an exam. The candidates who shall be taking part in this exam must essentially know about the exam pattern details and everything regarding it. The details such as the time allotted, the number of papers, the number of questions, type of questions, marking scheme etc. are important and must be known to every aspirant. The exam pattern details regarding the JK SET 2018 exam have been given below.
There are total 3 papers put up and all of these 3 papers consist of objective type questions.
The details can be checked from the following table.
|Paper 1||60 (50 to be attempted)||100||1 ¼ hours|
|Paper 2||50 (All Compulsory)||100||1 ¼ hours|
|Paper 3||75 (All Compulsory)||150||2 ½ hours|
Procedure & Criteria for Preparation and Declaration of Result
- It is expected that the results of the exam will be hosted on the official websites in the month of June 2018. There has been no information regarding the release of the results till now.
- The result generation will be a step-by-step process which is explained as follows.
- Minimum marks to be obtained in SET for considering a candidate for eligibility for Assistant Professor –
|Category||Minimum Percentage of Marks in each paper|
|Paper 1||Paper 2||Paper 3|
- The candidates securing more marks than the ones mentioned in the above table will be included in a merit list which will be prepared subject wise for all the categories.
- The merit list will be prepared on the subject-wise and category-wise basis. It will be using the aggregate marks of all the three papers secured by such candidates.
- Candidates who have appeared for all three papers and have secured 40% aggregate for general category and 35% for the reserved category from the merit list. Only top 6% of these candidates will be declared SET qualified for eligibility for lectureship only.