The Electronics Corporation of India Limited (ECIL) is a leading Public Sector Company which is primarily engaged in the area of Strategic Electronics with thrust on innovation. The company has a turnover of Rs. 1500 crore. ECIL has also diversified into strategic sectors such as Nuclear, Defence, Security, Aerospace, Information Technology, Telecom, and e-Governance. ECIL develops a number of products and technologies including Solid State Television, Digital Computer, Cockpit Voice Recorders, Electronic Voting Machines, Programmable Logic Controllers, Earth Station and Deep Space Network Antennas. The company has close collaboration with National R&D laboratories as well as academic institutes. ECIL has been involved in the projects of national importance.
ECIL recruits candidates from areas including Design & Development, Projects, Marketing, Production, QA and Field of Engineering at its Headquarters which is located in Hyderabad or to any of Zonal/Branch/Site Offices located across India. The details of the various positions offered at ECIL has been given below. Candidates can more information regarding ECIL Recruitment on this page.
Ongoing ECIL Recruitment
The ongoing recruitment can be checked from the table below:
|Advt No||ECIL Recruitment||Links|
|20/2020||ECIL Recruitment of Technical Officer||Click Here | Result|
|17/2020||ECIL Recruitment of Technical Officer on contract||Click Here | Apply Online|
|37/2019||ECIL Recruitment (JTO) 2019||Click Here|
|–||ECIL Recruitment through GATE -2018||Click Here|
The company was setup under the Department of Atomic Energy on 11th April 1967 with a view to generate a strong indigenous capability in the field of professional grade electronics. Over the years, ECIL developed various complex electronics products without any external technological help and created several ‘firsts’ such as:
- First Digital Computer
- First Solid State TV
- First Computerized Operator Information System
- First Electronic Voting Machines
- First Earth Station Antenna, and the list goes on
Joint Ventures of ECIL
In collaboration with OSI Systems Inc, ECIL set up a Joint Venture “ECIL-RAPISCAN LIMITED”. In this, the joint venture manufactures the equipment manufactured by RAPISCAN, U.K and U.S.A with the same state of art Technology. Requisite Technology is supplied by RAPISCAN and the final product is manufactured at ECIL facility. This Joint Venture has supplied many X-RAY BAGGAGE/CARGO INSPECTION SYSTEMS (XBIS) of this Technology to high profile Indian Customers like Customs, Airports Authority, Parliament House, Defence, Airlines, State Police etc.
Projects Developed by ECIL
The company over the years has evolved into various and pioneered various projects, as listed below:
- 3060 (thirty sixty) VUHF Radio Communication system with frequency hopping & Encryption for the ship to ship, ship to shore and ship to air communications on sail even in the dense electromagnetic field often encountered in the battlefield.
- Class Room Electronic Warfare Simulator (CREWS) for training army personnel on ECM & ECCM Operations
- Satellite Monitoring Systems
- Limb Monitor and Portal Monitors
- Radiation Detectors like Boron Lined Counters, BF3 Counters, High-Temperature Fission Counters, and Ionization Chamber.
- Closed Circuit Television Systems
- Fire Alarm Systems
- Finger Print Matching Software
- Signature Scanning and Verification Systems
- Troposcatter antennas
Carrer Opportunities at ECIL
The recruitment of candidates at ECIL is by two ways. The candidates can apply for different posts in the company directly or can apply through GATE 2018. The company conducts its own computer-based test, followed by Interview. The company also conducts Walk-in Interview for various posts of Technical Officer on Contract, etc.
Through Computer Based Test + Interview\
To apply for the below-given posts the candidates need to apply online by filling up necessary details in the online application form, uploading the scanned image of their photograph and signature, paying the application fee. Then they need to appear for the CBT which will be held bY ECIL. The test will be of 1½ hours duration and will consist of Objective Type questions. The qualifiers of CBT will then be shortlisted to appear for Interview. The date, time and venue of interview will be given to the shortlisted candidates by e-mail / SMS. Also, at the time of Interview, the candidate need to bring along relevant documents in prof their Category, Date of Birth, Academic Background, etc.
|Graduate Trainee Engineer (Discipline wise)||Number of Post||Reservation||Upper Age Limit||Educational Qualification|
|ECE||25||12||07||04||02||25 years||Candidates should possess a first class Engineering Degree with minimum of 65% marks in aggregate (55% for SC/STs) from AICTE approved Colleges / Recognized Indian Universities in the relevant discipline|
- The selected candidates will undergo training for a period of one year on a stipend of Rs.38,430/- per month. Also, they are entitled for Provident Fund and leaves etc., as per rules of the
- On successful completion of training, they will be appointed as Engineer for a period of 03 years with total emoluments of Rs. 47,780/-/-p.m., during 1st year, Rs.49,210/-p.m., during 2nd year & Rs.50,690/-p.m., during 3rd year (for all Metros) which includes variable DA, HRA and benefits under Cafeteria approach.
- On successful completion of contract appointment, they will be absorbed as Technical Officer in the scale of pay of Rs.16,400-40,500/- [with an increment @ 3%] with total emoluments of Rs.52,210/- (with variable DA, HRA & Fringe benefits under cafeteria approach).
- Furthermore, on completion of one year service as Technical Officer, they will be considered for promotion to the post of Senior Technical Officer, in the scale of pay of Rs.20,600-46,500/- [with an increment @ 3%] depending on their performance and suitability.
Walk In Interview
The walk-in interview is conducted for various posts such as Technical Officer on contract and Scientific Asst-A on contract & Jr. Artisan on contract. The recruitment of candidates is on contract basis initially for a period of one year (extendable by one more year depending upon on project requirements) having
maintenance experience to work at our sites like RAPS-Kota, TAPS-Tarapur, Kakrapar & NPCIL Mumbai.
|Name of the Post||Number of Posts||Post qualification experience||Upper Age limit (in years)||Consolidated contract Pay (inclusive all) (in Rs.)|
|Technical Officer on contract|
|Scientific Asst-A on Contract|
|Junior Artisan on Contract|
The selection will be on the basis of Interview for Technical Officer on contract and Written / Practical Test for Scientific Asst-A on contract& Jr. Artisan on contract.