Gramin Dak Sevak, who runs post office single-handedly in the rural areas. Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment 2018-19 Notification has been released in state wise postal circle. Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) Recruitment 2018-19 for the selection and engagement to the posts of Gramin Dak Sevaks under various Circle. Interested candidates have to fill the eligibility conditions to participate in the selection process. Candidates are requested to read the complete information from here before filling the Application form. Application Form for GDS Recruitment 2018-19 is going on, candidates have to fill their Application form within schedule date. All the candidates who are interested and going to participate in the Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) Recruitment 2018-19 can check the complete information like Application process, eligibility criteria, selection process etc through this page below.
Latest: Registrations for Delhi, Himachal Pradesh and Jharkhand have started. Scroll down to check the same.
Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) Recruitment 2018-19
The candidate may refer to the below-listed table to get State Circle wise Advertisement and information of the last date to apply for GDS Recruitment.
State wise GDS Recruitment 2019
|State wise GDS Recruitment 2019||Advertisement
|Online Application Schedule|
|Jharkhand Gramin Dak Sevak 2019||Click Here||13 Jun to 19 Jul 2019|
|Himachal Pradesh Gramin Dak Sevak 2019||Click Here||13 Jun to 19 Jul 2019|
|Delhi Gramin Dak Sevak 2019||Click Here||13 Jun to 19 Jul 2019|
|Odisha Gramin Dak Sevak 2019 (Adv No.-EST/1-151/2019(B3))||Click Here||15 Mar to 15 Apr 2019|
|Tamil Nadu Gramin Dak Sevak 2019 (Adv No.-STC/12-GDSONLINE/2019)||Click Here | Corrigendum||15 Mar to 15 Apr 2019|
State wise GDS Recruitment 2017-18
|State wise GDS Recruitment 2017-18||Advertisement
|Online Application Schedule|
|Uttarakhand Gramin Dak Sevak 2018||Click Here||21 May to 20 Jun 2018|
|West Bengal Gramin Dak Sevak 2018||Click Here||04 Apr to 04 May 2018|
|Madhya Pradesh Gramin Dak Sevak 2018||Click Here||19 Jan to 24 Feb 2018|
|Maharastra Gramin Dak Sevak 2017||Click Here||01 to 30 Dec 2017|
|UP Gramin Dak Sevak 2017||Click Here||30 Oct to 04 Dec 2017|
|Rajasthan Gramin Dak Sevak 2017||Click Here||03 May to 29 Jul 2017|
|Assam Gramin Dak Sevak 2017||Click Here||24 May to 29 Jul 2017|
|North Eastern Gramin Dak Sevak 2017||Click Here||19 Jun 2017|
Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) Recruitment 2018-19 Vacancy Details
Gramin Dak Sevak Vacancy is given below, Candidates can check vacancy details through the below-listed table. Gramin Dak Sevak Vacancy may vary circle to circle, Candidates are advised to check vacancy details circle wise accordingly.
Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) Recruitment 2019 Vacancy Details
|Tamil Nadu Circle||2007||1144||574||55||164||498||4442|
Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) Recruitment 2018 Vacancy Details
|Andhra Pradesh Circle||88||57||34||3||–||182|
|Madhya Pradesh Circle||732||301||309||517||–||1859|
|Himachal Pradesh Circle||212||84||78||17||–||391|
|North Eastern Circle||372||34||43||299||–||748|
|West Bengal Circle||2561||1224||945||252||–||4982|
Before filling the application form candidates should first read the eligibility criteria. If candidates found ineligible at any stage of the recruitment those will be not considered for the further recruitment process. Check the eligibility criteria from below.
Age Limit: The minimum and maximum age for the purpose of engagement to Gramin Dak Sevaks posts should be between 18 and 40 years as on the last date of submission of application through online. The maximum age will be relaxable by 03 (three) years to those belonging to OBC categories and 05 (five) years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST. [10 years for PH above the respective category]
Educational Qualification: The candidate should pass 10th standard from approved state boards by the respective State Govt. / Central Govt. The state wise list of approved boards is at Annexure ‘A’. No weightage will be given for possessing any qualification(s) higher than the mandatory educational qualification. The Candidate passed Xth class examination in first attempt will be treated as meritorious against those passed compartmentally.
Computer Knowledge: The candidate should have computer knowledge and will be required to furnish the basic computer training certificate for at least 60 days from a recognized Computer Training Institute. Certificates from Central Government/ State Government/ University/ Boards etc will also be acceptable for this purpose. This requirement of basic computer knowledge certificate shall be relaxable in cases where a candidate has studied computer as a subject in Class X or Class XII or higher educational qualification provided the candidate submits a certificate of Class X or Class XII or higher educational qualification in which he/she has studied computer as a subject.
In the form, candidates must fill the valid details. In the application form candidates have to provide the personal detail, contact detail, education detail, qualification details and have to upload the scanned passport size photograph and signature. The candidates who submit the form till the last date those are only taken into consideration for further process.
From below candidates can check the Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) Recruitment Selection Process.
- Selection will be made as per the automatically generated merit list as per the rules based on the candidates online submitted applications.
- No weightage will be given for higher educational qualification. Only marks obtained in 10th standard of approved Boards aggregated to the percentage to the accuracy of 4 decimals will be the criteria for finalizing the selection. Passing of all the subjects as per the respective approved board norms is mandatory for taking the candidate into account for calculating the merit.
- In case candidates get the same marks, the merit order would be taken as DOB(higher age as merit), ST female, SC female, OBC female, UR female, ST Male, SC Male, OBC male, UR male.
- Candidate can opt any five choices of posts with the preference of priority from the Circle/Circles applied. In case if the candidate is selected in all choices the lowest priority preference will be retained and all other candidatures will be forfeited.
Ex: If a candidate opts for five posts with preference post1, post2, post3, post4, post5 etc and selected as meritorious in more than one post, the post in the order of preference will be offered and the candidature for all the remaining posts will be forfeited.
- In case of candidate willfully uploads wrong documents/information and unnecessary documents, his candidature will not be considered. Similarly, in case the candidate enter marks erroneously either high or low with reference to marks list uploaded then the candidature will also not be considered.
- The candidate will get an SMS on his provisional selection on the prescribed date after selection. Mere getting SMS or any other communication on selection will not entitle the candidate to claim for regular selection/appointment. The final selection/appointment will be based on satisfactory completion of verification and genuineness of all educational & other documents produced by the candidates by the concerned authorities.
- a) Department is not responsible for non-receipt of email/SMS by the candidate due to any specific reason or without any reason arising out of providers services and other dependencies. However, a physical communication in regard to provisional selection intimation will be sent by respective recruiting authorities in due course as per the selection procedure.
- b) Applicants submitted applications without complete data will also be rejected from consideration.
- Candidate can view his/her result status on the website by providing the reference number till the results are announced. once results are declared and post is filled, it can be viewed in the results status which provides all details of the candidates applied for that post.
Selection will be made as per the automatically generated merit list as per the rules based on the
candidates online submitted applications. At last the final merit list will be released by the higher authority. The candidates whose name and roll number will be there in the list those will be selected for the applied post.
About the GDS Job Profile
Gramin Dak Sevak Work (job) Profile: Backbone of the postal department is Gramin Dak Sevaks, Almost every postal service, for example, M.N.R.E.G.S., Postal Life Insurance ( P.L.I/R.P.L.I) old age pension is provided in one or the other way at the Branch offices manned by the Gramin Dak Sevaks.
Gramin Dak Sevak Salary 2018-19 (Pay scale in GDS Recruitment)
The candidates must know the below-mentioned points regarding appointment as Gramin Dak Sevak. Check the salary details from below.
- The candidate applying for the post shall note that he/ she will have adequate means of livelihood to support himself/ herself and his/ her family from other sources so as to have to supplement his/her income.
- However, this shall not be a prerequisite for candidates for the purpose. The selected candidate shall be required to comply with this condition within 30 days after selection but before engagement.
- The candidate shall furnish an undertaking in the application itself that he/she has other sources of income besides the allowances to be paid by the Government for adequate means of livelihood for himself/ herself and his/her family.
- The candidate after selection as Gramin Dak Sevak shall have to give the undertaking again before engagement.
- The candidate may also refer India Post RTI Manual 10 regarding monthly remuneration received by the Gramin Dak Sevak and other employees/officer.
Discussion: If you have any query ask here.