The candidates who wish to teach from class VI to class VIII will have to appear in Paper 2. The candidates are advised to do the preparation according to CTET syllabus. Lakhs of candidates apply for CTET but very less get selected. So it is important to do a good preparation to score well. Sometimes candidates get confused about the preparation of CTET. It is not so easy to crack CTET but it is not impossible also. The candidates who wish to score good marks can get it by making the plan about the preparation of CTET. The candidates are advised to check the entire page regarding the preparation of CTET to score good marks.
How to prepare for CTET Paper 2
To prepare CTET it is very important to get the knowledge about the exam pattern. CTET Paper 2 is a multiple choice paper. There will be 150 questions which will have to be completed in 150 minutes. The candidates can check the exam pattern of Paper 2 from the table below.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Total Time|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||2 Hours and 30 Minutes|
|Child Development (Primary School Child)||15||30|
|Concept of Inclusive education and understanding children with special needs||05|
|Learning and Pedagogy||10|
|Pedagogy of Language Development||15|
|Language – II|
|Pedagogy of Language Development||15|
|Mathematics & Science|
|Social Studies/Social Sciences|
|History, Geography and Social and Political Life||30||60|
The candidates can also follow some tips to get the good score in CTET. Tips about the preparation of Paper-2 are given below.
- First of all, you are advised to prepare a plan for the preparation. Start the preparation according to that schedule. Analyse your preparation time to time by giving the mock tests. It will help you to secure the good marks.
- Equal weightage of marks has been given to Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I and Language – II. So try to prepare these three subjects with equal dedication.
- The most weightage has been given to Mathematics & Science and Social Studies/Social Sciences. The candidates will get the paper according to the subject they want to choose among these two. So prepare these subject by giving extra attention to it.
- For Child Development and Pedagogy, it is important to learn about the Inclusive education and understanding children with special needs.
- For Language I and Language II, the proficiency of Language will be checked in this subject. So try to improve your proficiency. Prepare the unseen passages related prose and drama.
- Learn all the formulas and small tricks to solve the questions asked in Mathematics subject.
- Read all the books from class VI to VIII for Social Studies/Social Sciences. All the questions will come of the standard of class VI to VIII.
- Solve all the previous year question papers to avoid the inconsistency of preparation.
Recommended Books for CTET Paper 2
The candidates should do preparation from the best books recommended for the exam of CTET. You can check the recommended books from the table below.
|CTET & TETs Solved Papers (2011-2017) Class VI-VIII Mathematics & Science (Paperback, Arihant Expert)||Arihant||Buy Now|
|CTET Success Master Paper-II Teacher Selection for Class VI-VIII MATHS & SCIENCE (English, Paperback, Arihant Expert)||Arihant||Buy Now|
|Child Development & Pedagogy for CTET & STET (Paper 1 & 2) 2nd Edition||Shalini Punjabi||Buy Now|
|CTET Practice Workbook Paper 1 – English (8 Solved + 10 Mock papers)||Disha Experts||Buy Now|
|Crack CTET 2014 Paper 2 Social Studies (Guide + Practice Workbook): Set of 2 Books 2nd Edition (English, Paperback, Disha Experts)||Disha Experts||Buy Now|
|15 Practice Sets CTET Central Teacher Eligibility Test Paper II Social Science Teacher Selection for Class VI-VIII 8 Edition||Arihant||Buy Now|
|Central Teacher Eligibility Test Elementary Stage (Paper-II) (For Classes VI-VIII) Social Studies||Anshu Mangal, Singh Dr. S. Anand||Buy Now|
|(CTET /TET) Bal Vikas Aur Adhyapan Kala||Ragini Kaveendra||Buy Now|
Official website: ctet.nic.in