TGC Indian Army Job profile- Indian army TGC is Technical Graduate course offered by Indian army for the Unmarried engineering graduates for permanent commission in Indian Military Academy. Indian army select candidates on the basis of qualifying marks followed by two-stage tests. Candidates selected are provided short service commission on probation in the post of lieutenant. Selected candidates are entitled to full pay and allowances admissible to lieutenant at the time of probation period. Unmarried graduate candidates can check the eligibility criteria before applying and appear for the two-stage tests. Candidates who get selected are not allowed to marry until the successful completion of their training period. Various job profiles and promotion criteria at Indian Army is explained below. Check all the details regarding TGC Indian Army Job profile below.
TGC Indian Army Job profile
The entire cost of training at Indian army is at government expense. Promotion to the candidates is given after successful completion of their training. There will be three types of commission entitled to the candidates which will decide their rank and seniority in Indian army. Commissions and Ranking explained below.
Ranking and Promotion Criteria
Candidates selected in the final merit list will be issued joining letters for pre-commissioning training at IMA for the post of Lieutenant. Further promotions at various ranking will be based on their duration of service. Various ranks and promotion criteria at Indian army TGC is as follows:
- Lieutenant: At the time of commission.
- Captain: Cadets will be given the post of Captain at the end of successful completion of 02 years.
- Major: Major post at the successful completion of 06 years.
- Lt. Colonel: At the successful completion of 13 years.
- Colonel (TS): After successful completion of 26 years of service cadets will b promoted at the post of Colonel (TS).
- Further Promotion will be subject to the basis of fulfillment of requisite service conditions. Ranks given will be:
|Colonel||HAG + Scale* (Admissible to 1/3rd of the total strength of Lt Gens)|
|Brigadier||VCOAS/Army Cdr/Lt Gen (NFSG)|
|LT General/ HAG Scale|
Type Of Commission
- Grant of Commission: Candidates shortlisted will be entitled to Short Service Commission on probation in the rank of Lt from the date of commencement of the course or the date of reporting at IMA and will be entitled to full pay and allowances. Pay & allowances will be paid after successful completion of training.
- Permanent Commission: On successful completion of training cadets will be granted Permanent Commission in the Army in the rank of Lieutenant.
- Antedate Seniority: One-year antedate seniority from the date of the commission will be granted to Engineering Graduates of TGC Entry.
Selected candidates have to go under one-year training at Indian Military Academy, Dehradun.
- Selected candidates will be detailed for training at Indian Military Academy, Dehradun according to their position in the final order of merit up to the number of vacancies available in each stream.
- Candidates neither be allowed to marry during the period of training nor he is allowed to live with parents/Guardians. A candidate who marries during training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the government. A candidate, who marries subsequent to the date of his application, though successful, will not be selected for training.
- Cost of Training: The entire cost of training is at Government expense. In case the GC is withdrawn from training academy due to reasons other than Medical ground or the reasons not beyond his control, he will be liable to refund the cost of training @ Rs. 10247/ -per week (or as notified from time to time) for the period of his stay at Indian Military Academy.
Discipline wise Vacancies
Check here the various disciplines you can apply for and their vacancies available for Indian Army TGC 128.
|Engineering Streams (Listen to AI)||Engineering Streams (AICET Appd)||Vacancies|
|Civil||Civil Engg, Civil Engg (Structural Engg), Structural Engg||10|
|Mechanical||Mechanical Engg, Mechanical (Mechatronics) Engg., Mechanical and Automation Engg||04|
|Electrical / Electrical and Electronics||Electrical Engg, Electrical Engg (Electronics and Power), Power System Engg, Electrical and Electronics Engg||05|
|Computer SC & Engg / Computer Technology / Info Tech / M.Sc (Computer Sc)||Computer Engg, Computer Science, Computer Science Engg, Computer Science & Engg, Information Science and Engg||06|
|Electronics and Telecommunication / Electronics and Communication / Satellite Communication||Electronics & Telecommunication Engg, Telecommunication Engg, Electronics and Communication Engg, Electronics and Electrical Communication Engg||07|
|Mettallurgical||Power Electronics and Drives||02|
|Electronics and Instrumentation / Instrumentation||Metallurgical Engg, Metallurgy and Material Technology, Metallurgy and Material Engg, Metallurgy & Engg & Material Science, Metallurgy and Explosives||02|
|Micro Electronics and Microwave||Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engg, Electronics & Instrumentation Engg, Electronics & Instrumentation & Control Engg, Instrumentation & Control Engg, Instrumentation Technology||01|