The Indian Navy invites online applications for unmarried male candidates for enrolment as Sailors for Matric Recruitment (Musician) – 02/2019 Batch. A widower or a person who has divorced his wife shall not be treated as an unmarried male for the purpose of this regulation. Candidates can apply online only on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in within the given timeframe. Selection of recruits is based on the order of merit on their performance in Preliminary Screening Board and Final Screening Board. Online applications will be further scrutinized for eligibility and may be rejected if found not eligible in any respect. Continue reading and grasp more details on Indian Navy MR Musician 2019.
Indian Navy MR Musician 2019
The applications are to be filled online on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in and all required documents in original are to be scanned and uploaded. Application received through speed post/ registered post or couriers will be rejected. The recruitment process will be held as per the below schedule:
|Recruitment Events||Important dates|
|Last date of Online Application Submission||19 May 2019|
|Availability of Admit Card||Jun 2019|
|Preliminary Screening Board||06 – 10 Jul 2019|
|Final Screening Board||03 – 06 Sep|
|Result||To be notified later!|
Online Application Form
Before filling online application, keep music certificate, matric pass certificate & 10th Mark sheet ready for reference. Update your Aadhaar details if you wish to use the simplified application process.
Register yourself on www.joinindiannavy.gov.in with your E-mail ID, if not registered already. The Applicants must ensure that while filling their Application Form, they are providing their valid and active e-mail IDs and mobile numbers as the Navy may use electronic mode of communication while contacting them at any stages.
Fill up the Form completely. Before clicking the „Submit‟ button make sure all the details are correct and all required documents are scanned in original and uploaded.
The Application Process is over now!!!
Eligibility Conditions For Indian Navy MR Musician
Only eligible candidates would be able to apply online for the recruitment process. Check the eligibility criteria given below:
Educational Qualification: Candidate must have passed Matriculation Examination from the Boards of School Education recognized by MHRD, Govt. of India.
Age: Candidates should be born between 01 Oct 1994 to 30 Sep 2002 (Both dates inclusive). No age relaxation is permissible.
Musical Ability: Selection is on Merit basis only. The candidate should have proficiency in Aural Aptitude for music with accuracy in Tempo, Pitch and singing one complete song. Should also have actual practical skill on any instrument of Indian or foreign origin with proficiency in the tuning of the instrument, matching unknown notes with the instrument, prepared piece, sight reading of Indian Classical/ Tabulature/ Staff Notation, the performance of Scale/ Raaga/ Taala and basic theory of Indian or International music.
Type of Instruments on which Proficiency Required: The candidates would be required to perform with expertise on one or more instruments such as Keyboard/ String/ Wind instruments or any other instrument of Indian or Foreign origin. Candidates performing on Indefinite Pitch Instruments such as Jazz Drums set, Brass Drum, Snare Drums, Side Drums, Cymbals, Non-Chromatic instruments such as Bugle & monotone instruments used to produce only one note or drone will not be eligible for recruitment.
Musical Experience Certificate:
- Candidates performing Hindustani or Carnatic Classical music on Wind Instruments will require a musical experience certificate from any musical Institute or organization of repute.
- A certificate of minimum Initial Grade from International Boards such as Trinity College of Music, London or Royal School of Music, London will be mandatory for candidates performing western notation or western music on Wind Instruments.
- Other candidates will be required to submit certificates of participation/ awards presented at various events.
Indian Navy MR Musician Admit Card
Call up Letters cum Admit Cards (CLACs) for eligible candidates indicating date, time and place for Preliminary Screening Test will be uploaded on website tentatively by End Jun 2019. The candidate would be required to download CLACs from the official website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. No Call-up Letter cum Admit Cards (CLACs) will be sent by post.
Selection of recruits is based on the order of merit on their performance in Preliminary Screening Board and Final Screening Board.
Preliminary Screening Board will be conducted in two phases. In the first phase, verification of age, education qualification, music certificates and musical ability of the candidate will be assessed. The candidates who are suitable to undertake the final test will be subjected to the second phase of PSB. In the second phase, the physical fitness test and initial recruitment medical examination will be conducted.
Those who qualify the Preliminary Screening Board will be required to undergo a Final Screening Board. All qualified candidates will be called to INS Kunjali, Colaba, Mumbai for the final screening test, final medical examination and selection on All India Basis.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT):
- Qualifying in Physical Fitness Test is mandatory for selection.
- PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorized military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
- Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum Chest expansion of 5 cms. Details regarding minimum height standards for entry into the Indian Navy as Sailors, including applicable relaxations, can be accessed from the official recruitment website.
- The candidates must be in good physical and medical health free, from any defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties both ashore and afloat under peace as well as war conditions in any part of the world as per Navy Order (Spl) 01/2008.
- Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on the inner face of forearms i.e from inside of elbow to the wrist and back (dorsal) part of the hand/reverse side of the palm. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body is not acceptable and the candidate will be banned from recruitment.
- Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination.
|Without Glasses||With Glasses|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
Note: Applicants declared Permanent medically unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital in previous recruitment for the same entry in Navy need not apply.
A merit list will be prepared from all the candidates who qualify in the Final Screening Board in all respects depending upon vacancies. The Merit list will be available on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. All select list candidates will have to undergo a Final Enrolment Medical Examination at INS Kunjali, Mumbai. Candidates declared Temporary/ Permanent unfit candidates at Final Medical Examination will be given an option for Appeal Medical Examination at INHS Asvini, Mumbai only within a maximum period of 21 days. This Appeal Medical Examination shall be treated as final.
Official Website: www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
Check the Official Notification to know more about Indian Navy MR Musician 2019.