Indian Navy MR Syllabus – The examination of Matric Recruitment (MR) is conducted by the Indian Navy. A computer-based examination is conducted for Indian Navy MR recruitment. Multiple choice questions are asked in the examination. The level of the examination is of 10th standard. For each correct answer +1 marks are awarded. There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks in the examination. With the help of syllabus, candidates will be able to have an idea about the questions asked in the examination. To have more knowledge about the Indian Navy MR Syllabus read the complete article.
Indian Navy MR Syllabus
Indian Navy releases the syllabus for the post of Matric Recruits (MR). Candidates have to prepare for the examination as per the examination pattern and syllabus. There will be two sections in the question paper. The first section is of science and mathematics. And the second section is general awareness. Candidates can check the syllabus for the Indian Navy MR below.
Syllabus for Science and Mathematics
- Nature of matter
- Universe (Planets/ Satellite, Sun, Earth)
- Electricity and its Applications
- Force and gravitation
- Newton’s laws of motion
- Work, energy and power
- Heat and temperatyure
- Metals and non-metals
- Carbon and its compounds
- Measurements in science
- Sound and wave motion
- Atomic structure
- Mathematical simplefication
- Ratio and proportion
- Algebraic identities
- Linear equations
- Basic trigonometry
- Simultaneous equations
- Simple mensuration
- Measures of central tendency (Median, average and mode)
- Profit and loss
- Work and time
- Speed and distance
Syllabus for General Awareness
- Geography -Rivers, Ports, Inland, Mountains, Harbours, Soil.
- History – Culture and Religion , Freedom Movement, Heritage, Arts and Dance, Important National Facts about India.
- History, Awards, and Authors, Wars and neighbours, Defence, Discoveries, Diseases and Nutrition.
- Current Affairs, Capitals and Currencies, Languages, Common Names, Full Forms and Abbreviations.
- Eminent Personalities, National Bird, Anthem, Animal, Flower, Song, Flag, Sport, Monuments.
- Sports Championships, Winner, Terms, Number of Players in different sports.
Indian Navy MR Exam Pattern
Now you know about the syllabus, have a look into the exam pattern for Indian Navy MR.
- Mode of examination: Computer based test is conducted for Indian Navy MR.
- Types of questions: Questions asked will be objective type.
- Total number of questions: 50 questions will be there in the question paper.
- Language of the question paper: Question paper will be available in both Hindi and English language.
- Section in the paper: There will be two section of the question paper – Science and Mathematics, and General awareness.
- Marking scheme:
|For each correct answer||+1 mark|
|For each incorrect answer||-0.25 marks|
Indian Navy MR Preparation Tips
If you are preparing for Indian Navy MR, you need to keep your calm and stay positive.Trust on what you have prepared so far. You may refer to the preparation tips for Indian Navy MR below.
- Refer to NCERT Books : As the questions asked are of 10th standard, instead of preparing from outside reference books refer NCERT. Your basic concepts can only be cleared from NCERT textbooks.
- Time management: Examination will be conducted in online mode, so you need to manage your time. Do not waste your time on one question.
- Time table: Prepare a timetable for yourself. You can clear any examination, with self-study. Just read NCERT and clear all your concepts.
- Speed and Accuracy: Try to keep up your accuracy with speed. As mentioned above, never waste time on one question. Mark any answer only if you know the answer.
Books for the preparation of Indian Navy MR
To prepare for Indian Navy MR, candidates require some important books. With the ocean of books available in the market, you can refer to the books mentioned below. As the standard of the examination is of 10th class, you can prepare using books for 10th standard books.
|Indian Navy Matric Recruit (MR)||Click here to buy|
|Lucent General Knowledge||Click here to buy|
About Indian Navy MR
Indian Navy conducts the examination for Matric Recruit (MR) each year. To be eligible to apply for Indian Navy MR, candidates must have passed 10th standard (Matriculation). Only male unmarried candidates can apply for this post. The selection for this post is done in three stages. The first stage is computer-based examination, second is the physical standard test and third is medical standard. Under the post of MR seats are released under Admiral, Vice Admiral, Rear Admiral, Commodore, Captain, Commander, Lieutenant Commander, Sub Lieutenant, Midshipman.