The Indian Navy invites Engineers to join the Navy as Short Service Commission Officers in Executive Branch (General Service/ Hydro Cadre)/ Technical Branch (General Service/ Naval Architecture) and as Permanent Commission Officers in Naval Armament Inspectorate Cadre Scheme January 2019 Course. The unmarried male/female candidates born between January 02, 1994 and July 01, 1999 who have passed Engineering Degree with 60% marks till 5th/7th semester in bachelors are eligible. The Short Service Commission and Permanent Commission (PC) in Naval Armament Inspectorate Cadre (NAIC) courses will be conducted at Indian Naval Academy (INA) Ezhimala, Kerala. Candidates must fulfill conditions of nationality as laid down by the Government of India.
Indian Navy Officer Jan 2019
So now that you know all the essentials, candidates who are interested in applying can begin to check these important dates so that they do not miss the schedule planned for these events. Applications are available since January 05, 2018 and will end by January 25, 2018. There is not much time. Candidates are advised to apply as soon as they can.
|Online application starts||05 Jan 2018|
|Online application ends||25 Jan 2018|
|SSB interview||May – July 2018|
|Training Commences on||Jan 2019|
Permanent body tattoos are not permitted on any part of the body, however, certain concessions are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal areas communities as declared by the Government of India. For other candidates permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand.
- Name of the organizer: The Indian Navy
- Name for the post: Short Service Commissions and Permanent Service Commission
- Number of Vacancies Available: 108
- Selection procedure: Interview based on marks in bachelors
- Gender preference: For General Service/ Hydrography Cadre// NAIC/ Engineering Branch (General Service)/ Electrical Branch (General Service) only males should apply and
Pay Scale & Promotions
The promotion from Sub Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis subject to completion of mandatory courses, sea time and medical condition. The PayScale and promotion as per 7th CPC.
|Rank||Pay As Per Defence Matrix||Level||MSP|
|Lieutenant Commander(Lt Cdr)||69400-136900||11||15500|
Candidates are required to register and fill the application by visiting the official website at joinindiannavy.gov.in or Click Here. The candidates need to begin applying from from the scheduled date given above. It is mandatory to fill the personal details such as personal particulars, e-mail address, mobile number in correct order. Other than that, you must keep the required documents already prepared for uploading
The documents required while filling the application form:-
- Marks sheets upto 5th & 7th semester for regular and integrated courses respectively
- date of birth proof (as per 10th & 12th certificate),
- CGPA conversion formula for BE/B.Tech) and
- a recent passport size colour photograph should be scanned in original JPG/FITT format, respectively for attaching the same while filling up the application.
Special Note: Applications by candidates are subject to subsequent scrutiny and the application can be rejected, if found INELIGIBLE/INVALID at any point of time.
Age Criteria: the candidate must have born between 02 Jan 1994 and 01 Jul 1999 (both dates inclusive).
Educational Qualification requirement
(a) Academic Qualification Requirement: Candidates who have passed Engineering Degree or are in the final year of Engineering course in any of the under mentioned disciplines from a recognized educational institute with 60% marks till 5th/7th semester in regular/integrated course respectively.
(b) Call Up for SSB: Candidates will be issued Call Up for Service Selection Board (SSB) interview based on their academic performance till 5th/7th semester for all eligible regular/integrated course respectively.
(c) Minimum %age on joining INA: The candidates will, however be required to pass final examination (BE/B Tech) with minimum 60% before joining INA. The candidates failing to meet minimum cut off %age will not be permitted to join INA Ezhimala.
Call letter for Interview
Short Selection Board will issue Call Up letter for appearing in interview. The applications are reviewed based on the academic performance of the candidate till 5th/7th semester in regular/integrated course respectively.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on applications received. For shortlisting the criteria used is that marks obtained in BE/B.Tech are considered. The IHQ and MoD sets a fix cut off. Then the shortlisted and called for interview at Bangalore/Bhopal/Coimbatore/Visakhapatnam during May – July 2018. Change of SSB Centre for interview is not permissible under any circumstance.
- The intimation regarding the selection for interview round is sent on e-mail or through SMS.
- The Interview will be conducted in 2 stages: Stage I: Tests candidates based on their Intelligence, Picture Perception and Discussion. The test will be conducted on the first day of arrival at SSB. this stage is qualifying in nature. Those candidate who fail to qualify this round will not proceed forward. Stage II: Consists of testing candidates on Psychological, Group testing.
- The Interview will last for 04 days.
The candidates are required to undergo the medical examination in which they will be tested on the following measures:-
|Branch/Specialisation||Eyesight||Height & Weight|
|Without glasses||With glasses|
|Minimum height – 157 cm with correlated weight.|
|Technical (General Service)||6/24
After all these procedures, recommended candidates will be appointed for training as per all India merit of SSB marks depending on the number of vacancies.
Candidates who are recommended by the committee will be engaged in a training period of specified weeks. The candidates will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant initially. They will receive their training at Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala. Officer of Tech (GS) & NA/NAIC of 22 Weeks. The candidates for Naval Orientation Course and Officer of Executive GS(X)/Hydro will undergo 44 Weeks Naval orientation Course training at the Naval Academy, Ezhimala. This formal training will be followed by professional training in Naval Ships and Training Establishments. Full pay & allowances are admissible to officers whilst under training.
Benefits of Joining
Privileges- Navy provides free medical facilities for self & dependents, LTC, Canteen Facilities, Mess/ Club/ Sports facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation, Car/Housing Loan at subsidised rates.
Group Insurance & Gratuity- Insurance cover of Rs. 75 lakhs for Executive(GS/X/Hydro/NAIC) and Tech (GS/NA) (on contribution). Gratuity will be granted to the officer as per the latest rules in force.
Leave Entitlements- On Commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual leave and 20 days casual leave. Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in force. Rail concession for self and dependents as applicable.
Sports & Adventure– The Navy provides facilities to pursue various sports. One can also learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hand gliding, windsurfing etc.
- Probation period for NAIC Officers is 3 years and
- GS(X)/Hydro/SSC (Tech)/SSC (NA)- 2 years
For Further information refer to the Official Advertisement of Indian Navy Officer Jan 2019.