Indian Navy SSR Syllabus 2020 – Indian Navy conducts the examination for Senior Secondary Recruit (SSR). Candidates are selected through this examination for the post of Sailor dealing with highly technical aircraft and submarines. Examination for Indian Navy SSR is conducted online. The examination is conducted for a complete hour. The Indian Navy SSR exam consists of 100 questions. There will be negative marking for every incorrect answer marked. Candidates who wish to be selected for SSR, needs to prepare before the commencement of the examination. You need proper syllabus and some preparation tips. Read the complete article given below for Indian Navy SSR Syllabus 2020.
Indian Navy SSR Syllabus 2020
The syllabus for Senior Secondary Recruit (SSR) is issued by Indian Army on the website. You can start preparing for Indian Navy SSR with the reference of the syllabus provided below. The examination for Indian Navy SSR will have 4 sections – Science, Mathematics, English, and General Awareness. Check the syllabus for Indian Navy SSR 2020 below.
Syllabus for Science
Physical world and measurement, Kinematics,Laws of Motion, Work , energy and power, Motion of system of particles and rigid body, Gravitation, Mechanics of solids and fluids, Heat and thermodynamics, Oscillations, Waves, Current , Electricity, Magnetic effect of current and magnetism, Electromagnetic induction, Alternating current, Electromagnetic waves, Principle of communication, Optics, Dual anture of matter and radiations, Atomic nucleus, Solid and semiconductor, Metals and Non-Metals, Organic Chemistry, Food,Nutrition and Health, Physiology and Human Diseases, Computer Science
Syllabus for Mathematics
Logarithms, Relations and Functions, Quadratics Equations,Trigonometry,Sequences and series,Cartesian System of Rectangular Coordinates,Complex Numbers, Straight Lines Family of Straight Lines,Circles,Conic Section,Permutations and Combinations,Vectors,Exponentialand LogarithmicSeries, Sets and Set Theory, Statistics, Introduction to Three Dimensional Geometry, ProbabilityFunction, Limits and Continuity, Differentiation, Applications of Derivatives, Indefinite Integrals, Binomial Theorem, Matrices, Determinants, Definite Integrals.
Syllabus For English
Passage, Correction of Sentences, Change to passive or active voice, Change to direct to indrect or indirect to direct, Verbs, Tense, Non-finite, Punctuation, Substituing phrasal verbs for expression, Meanings of difficult words, Synonyms and antonyms, Use of adjectives, Preposition, Deteminers, Use of pronouns, Compound prepositions.
Syllabus for General Awareness
Culture and religion, Geography – Mountains, Ports, Inland harbours, Freedom movement, Rivers, Sports – Winners, Rules, Number of players, Championships, Current affairs, Important national facts about India and heritage, Histroy, National languages, Bird, Animal, Flag, Song, Currencies, Capitals, Common names, Full forms and abbreviations, Discoveries, Nutrition and diseases, Eminent personalities, Spatial, Numerical, Reasoning and associative ability, Unscrambling, Coding and decoding.
Indian Navy SSR Exam Pattern
Along with syllabus, refer to the exam pattern provided here. With the help of exam pattern candidates can start preparing for the Indian Navy SSR exam. Check the pattern for Indian Navy SSR below.
- Mode of Examination – Indian Navy SSR examination is conducted in online mode (Computer based examination).
- Duration of examination – Exam is conducted for complete 1 hour.
- Type of question- Questions will be MCQ format.
- Language of the question paper – Question paper will be available in Hindi as well as English language.
- Total questions – There will be 100 questions in SSR exam.
- Sections in the question paper – 4 sections will be there in paper – English, Mathematics, Science, and General Awareness.
- Marking scheme–
|Marks for correct answer||+1 mark|
|Marks for incorrect answer||-0.25 marks|
Indian Army SSR Preparation Tips
If you are preparing for Indian Navy SSR examination, stay positive and believe in yourself. Keep your calm and trust yourself. Refer to the preparation tips given below to prepare better for Indian Navy SSR.
- Refer to NCERT Books for your preparation. With these books, you will be able to clear all your basis concepts. Focus more on NCERT books and less on other reference books.
- As the examination is conducted online, you have to learn how to manage your time. Avoid wasting your time on a single question. Manage your time equally amongst all the sections.
- Try of make notes of whatever important you study. It will help you in remembering facts and it will be easy to revise them as well.
- Keep your focus on your books while studying. If you are studying for 3 hours without focus then it is of no use.
- Maintain your speed of attempting questions. Try to solve as much questions as possible in one hour. Do not try to attempt 100 questions in 60 minutes. It will make you nervous and you wll not be able to do questions that you know.
- Accuracy is the key to score high. If you want to get selected try to balance between speed and accuracy. It can never be achieved overnight.
- Practice more and more to get your hands on the question paper.
Indian Navy SSR Preparation Books
Starting with the preparation of any examination, a candidate requires some books. There are several books available in the market. But not all books will promise you selection. If you really want to prepare for Indian Navy SSR, refer to these books in the table given below.
|Books Name||Buy Here|
|Indian Navy Senior Secondary (SSR) by Arihant Experts||Click here to buy|
|Indian Navy SSR Englsih Medium Paper Set||Click here to buy|
|Indian Navy (SSR) Sailor Recruitment Exam Guide||Click here to buy|
About Indian Navy SSR
Indian Navy conducts the examination for Senior Secondary Recruit (SSR) each year. Those who qualify this examination are selected as a sailor and become a part of a highly technical organization. After selection candidates will deal in powerful and modern ships like Aircraft Carriers, Frigates and Guided Missile Destroyers, Replenishment Ships and highly technical aircrafts and submarines. To apply for this post, candidates must have passed 10+2 with maths and physics. The selection procedure for Indian Navy SSR is done in three stages. First stage is computer based examination, second is physical fitness and third is medical standards. After qualifying all the stages of selection, candidates are called for final selection.