Karnataka High Court Civil Judge Recruitment 2020: Official notice is released by Karnataka High Court for the recruitment of 53 Civil Judges in 2020. The online application window is open for recruitment. Candidates can get a direct link to apply for the post in this article. The application link is to remain active only till June 24, 2020 at the official website, karnatakajudiciary.kar.nic.in. The complete details of the application form, eligibility, vacancies, selection procedure, and other information are provided in this article. To know more about Karnataka High Court Civil Judge recruitment 2020, read till the end.
Latest: The application form for Karnataka High Court Civil Judge 2020 are now available. Apply now!
Karnataka High Court Civil Judge Recruitment 2020
Once the result for the preliminary examination is out, candidates have to pay application fee for the main examination. It is advised to pay application fee within 15 days from the declaration of preliminary result. Refer to the important dates for Karnataka High Court Civil Judge Recruitment 2020 from the table below.
|Karnataka High Court Civil Judge Recruitment 2020||Important Dates|
|Release of notification||25 Feb 2020|
|Start date of application form||25 Feb 2020|
|Last date to apply||26 Mar 2020|
|Re-start of application form||20 – 24 Jun 2020|
|Karnataka High Court Civil Judge 2020 Exam Date||To be announced|
|Declaration of result||To be announced|
Karnataka High Court Civil Judge Recruitment 2020 Notification
Karnataka High Court has released the official notification for the recruitment of Civil Judge. Candidates can download the notification by clicking on the image provided below:
Karnataka High Court Civil Judge Recruitment 2020 Vacancies
This year, a total of 53 vacancies are released for the post of civil judge. Refer to the image provided below to know about the distribution of vacancies.
Karnataka High Court Civil Judge Recruitment 2020 Application Form
Karnataka High Court releases the application form for civil Judge online. To apply for the post, candidates must visit the official website, karnatakajudiciary.kar.nic.in.
How to apply?
- Reach the official website of Karnataka High Court.
- Under the notification section, click on ‘recruitment’ tab.
- Search for the link for civil judge notification.
- A new page is displayed where candidates have to click on ‘to apply online application – click here’ link.
- Click on ‘online application’ and start filling Karnataka High Court Civil Judge application form.
- Candidates can pay fee either through online payment or offline mode through challan.
|General Category/ Category IIA/ IIB/ IIIA/ IIIB||Rs.500/-|
Karnataka High Court Civil Judge Recruitment 2020 Eligibility
To know about the minimum educational qualification and age limit for Civil Judge, refer to the eligibility criteria mentioned below:
- Candidates must have a degree in law and must have enrolled as an Advocate.
- SC or ST applicants must have completed 38 years of age (as on the last date to submit the application form).
- Unreserved candidates must have completed 35 years of age.
- Candidates belonging to the ex-servicemen category can get 03 years of age relaxation.
Recruitment of In-service Candidates
- Must have a degree in law awarded by a recognised University in India.
- SC or ST candidates must have attained the age of 43 years.
- Unreserved candidates must have attained the age of 40 years.
- Those who have required qualification and are working in High court and in District Judiciary are eligible to apply.
- Those who are working in the Department of Prosecutions and government litigation as assistant public prosecutors cum additional government pleaders can apply.
Karnataka High Court Civil Judge Admit Card 2020
Once the application process for Karnataka High Court Civil Judge is over, the conducting body releases the admit card online. To download the Karnataka High Court Civil Judge admit card, candidates have to visit karnatakajudiciary.kar.nic.in. Karnataka High court releases the hall ticket through login. So, it is advised to keep their application number and date of birth ready to login. The details that are present on the admit card are exam centre, exam date, timing for the examination.
Karnataka High Court Civil Judge 2020 Exam Pattern
To start the preparation for Civil Judge, candidates can take reference from the Karnataka High Court Civil Judge exam pattern below:
Examination Pattern for Preliminary Examination
- Maximum Marks: 100 marks
- Type of questions: Objective type questions
- Number of sections/Parts: 03 parts
|Part A||Code of Civil Procedure, 1908|
|Negotiable Instrucments Act, 1981|
|Transfer of Property Act, 1882|
|Indian Contract Act, 1872|
|Specific Relief Act, 1963|
|Karnataka Rent Act, 1999|
|Part B||Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973|
|Indian Penal Code, 1860|
|Indian Evidence Act, 1872|
|Part C||General Knowledge – Test of reasoning and mental ability|
Examination Pattern for Main Examination
- Mode of examination: Written examination
- Maximum Marks: 400 marks (100 marks for each topic)
- Distribution of papers:
|Translation Paper||100 marks|
|Law Paper I||100 marks|
|Law Paper II||100 marks|
|Law Paper III||100 marks|
Selection Procedure of Karnataka High Court Civil Judge 2020
The selection of candidates is done by direct recruitment based on the aggregate marks secured in competitive examination. Know about the detailed selection procedure from the information given below:
- Preliminary examination: This stage acts as the screening test to shortlist candidates for the main examination. Candidates have to secure the minimum qualifying marks to become eligible for the main examination.
- Main examination: Marks secured by the candidates in the main examination and interview round are used to calculate a candidate’s result.
- Interview round: Candidates are called for interview round to test their general knowledge, principles of law and suitability of the appointment for the post. Civil Judge interview round is conducted for 25 marks.
- Computer test: This round is conducted to test the candidate’s knowledge of computers. Marks secured in computer examination are not considered for the preparation of the result. The maximum marks allotted to the computer test are 25 marks.
After qualifying all the rounds, candidates have to be present for the documents verification round. For this, candidates have to carry the following certificates in original and photocopies:
- 10th certificate as date of birth proof
- ID proof
- Marks cards of degree
- Law degree
- Convocation certificate
- Caste certificate
- Certificate if claiming of reservation benefits
Karnataka High Court Civil Judge Result 2020
Candidates can check their Karnataka High Court Civil Judge result online. To check the result, candidates are advised to visit karnatakajudiciary.kar.nic.in. Karnataka High Court declares the result in PDF format. In the result PDF, information like candidate’s name, register number, the category is provided. Candidates can check whether they have qualified the examination or not with the help of their name or the register number.
Karnataka High Court Civil Judge Probation Period
Once the final selection of the candidates has been done, initially they will be serving a probation period. The probation period is organized for 02 years. The newly appointed Civil Judge, during the probation period shall:
- Undergo training period of 01 years or more than 01 year (specified by high Court).
- Pass Kannada Language Examination conducted by Karnataka Public Service Commission. This examination is conducted only for those candidates who have not passed the language examination earlier.
About Karnataka High Court
Karnataka High Court (it is also officially known as Karnataka Uccha Nyayalaya) is the high court of the state of Karnataka. Karnataka High Court was established in the year 1884; around 136 years ago. High court of Karnataka is located in Bangalore, Karnataka. Earlier, it was called High court of Mysore. Currently, Abhay Shreeniwas Oka serves as the Chief Justice of the high court.
Official website: karnatakajudiciary.kar.nic.in
For more details related to Karnataka High Court Civil Judge 2020, download the notification.
Karnataka High Court Civil Judge 2020 Recruitment Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Karnataka High Court has released 53 vacancies for the post of Civil Judge.
Ans : To apply for the post of civil judge, candidates must have a law degree. Also, he/she must have been enrolled as an advocate.
Ans : Candidates have to pay Rs.500/- for the preliminary examination. Separate examination fee is required for the main examination.
Ans : No. Those who took the Kannada language examination earlier have to take the examination.