Karnataka High Court Civil Judge 2021: Karnataka High Court in Bengaluru has advertised 94 vacancies for the post of Civil Judge. The HC has released the official notification at karnatakajudiciary.kar.nic.in. Eligible candidates are invited to apply online to appear in the Prelims exam at first. The last date to apply online is April 27, 2021 while the application fee can be remitted online/offline till April 30, 2021. Karnataka High Court is expected to announce the exam dates soon. The Preliminary stage exam is qualifying in nature and selection of candidates is done on the basis of merit in the Main exam & Viva-Voce stage subject to fulfilment of eligibility. Read this article for the complete details of Karnataka High Court Civil Judge 2021 including all the important dates, eligibility, application process, syllabus & more.
Latest: Karnataka HC Civil Judge Application Form 2021 is open now! Click Here to apply!
Karnataka High Court Civil Judge 2021
Once the result for the preliminary examination is out, candidates have to pay application fee for the main examination within 15 days from the declaration of preliminary result. Check out the complete schedule of events of the Karnataka Civil Judge Recruitment 2021 here.
|Release of notification||26 Mar 2021|
|Start date of application form||26 Mar 2021|
|Last date to apply||27 Apr 2021|
|Last date to pay application fee||30 Apr 2021|
|Admit Card release||To be announced|
|Karnataka High Court Civil Judge 2021 Prelims Exam Date||To be announced|
|Declaration of Prelims result||To be announced|
|Karnataka High Court Civil Judge 2021 Main Exam Date||To be announced|
|Declaration of Main result||To be announced|
|Final Viva-Voce||To be announced|
|Declaration of Final Merit List||To be announced|
Karnataka High Court Civil Judge 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Certain minimum eligibility conditions must be fulfilled in order to apply for the Karnataka High Court Civil Judge 2021 recruitment. Verification of eligibility is done at the final stage before appointment.
- Candidates must have a degree in law and must be enrolled as an Advocate.
- Unreserved candidates must not have completed 35 years of age as on the last date to apply.
- The maximum age of SC/ST candidates is 38 years.
- Candidates belonging to the ex-servicemen category can get 03 years of age relaxation.
Recruitment of In-service Candidates
- Must have a degree in law awarded by a recognized University in India.
- Unreserved candidates must not have completed the age of 40 years.
- The maximum age limit for SC/ST candidates is 43 years.
- Those who have required qualification and are working in High court and in District Judiciary are eligible to apply.
- Those who are working in the Department of Prosecutions and government litigation as assistant public prosecutors cum additional government pleaders can apply.
Karnataka High Court Civil Judge 2021 Application Form
Karnataka High Court releases the application form for civil Judge online. To apply for the post, candidates must visit the official website, karnatakajudiciary.kar.nic.in. The simple step by step guideline to apply online for the Karnataka High Court Civil Judge 2021 recruitment is given below.
1st Step: Open the official website of Karnataka High Court i.e. karnatakajudiciary.kar.nic.in.
2nd Step: Under the Notification section, click on ‘Recruitment’ tab.
3rd Step: Search for the link for civil judge notification and click on it.
4th Step: A new page is displayed where candidates have to click on ‘to apply online application – click here‘ link.
5th Step: Click on ‘online application’ and start filling Karnataka High Court Civil Judge application form.
6th Step: Using the login created, upload the scanned images & enter other details of fill up the form to complete the form.
7th Step: Preview the application form & submit it. Generate a print out for future reference.
- Candidates can pay fee either through online payment or offline mode through challan.
Fee for Prelims Exam
|General Category/ Category IIA/ IIB/ IIIA/ IIIB||Rs.500/-|
Fee for Main Exam
|General Category/ Category IIA/ IIB/ IIIA/ IIIB||Rs. 1000/-|
Karnataka High Court Civil Judge 2021 Exam Pattern
To start the preparation for the two stage examinations of Karnataka High Court Civil Judge 2021 recruitment, candidates can take reference from the Karnataka High Court Civil Judge exam pattern below:
Prelims Exam Pattern
- Total Marks: 100 marks
- Type of questions: Objective type questions
- Number of Questions: 100
- Number of sections: 03 Sections
Main Exam Pattern
- Type of Questions: Descriptive Type
- Maximum Marks: 400 marks (100 marks for each topic)
- Distribution of papers:
|Translation Paper||100 marks|
|Law Paper I||100 marks|
|Law Paper II||100 marks|
|Law Paper III||100 marks|
Karnataka High Court Civil Judge 2021 Syllabus
The High Court has already indicated the specific areas of law based on which the Prelims & Main exam question papers are prepared. Candidates can check the indicative topics of the Karnataka High Court Civil Judge 2021 Syllabus here below.
Syllabus of Prelims Exam
|Part A||Code of Civil Procedure, 1908|
|Negotiable Instrucments Act, 1981|
|Transfer of Property Act, 1882|
|Indian Contract Act, 1872|
|Specific Relief Act, 1963|
|Karnataka Rent Act, 1999|
|Part B||Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973|
|Indian Penal Code, 1860|
|Indian Evidence Act, 1872|
|Part C||General Knowledge – Test of reasoning and mental ability|
Syllabus of the Main Exam
|Law Paper I||Code of Civil Procedure 1908|
Code of Criminal Procedure 1973
Indian Evidence Act 1872
Principles of Pleading & the Constitution of India
|Law Paper II||Framing of Issues in Civil Cases|
Writing of Judgments in Civil Cases
|Law Paper III||Framing of charges in Criminal Cases|
Writing of Judgments in Criminal Cases
Karnataka High Court Civil Judge Admit Card 2021
The High Court releases the the admit card/hall ticket for the Prelims & Main exam of Karnataka High Court Civil Judge 2021 recruitment online. The hall ticket releases separately before each examination stage at the official website only.
- To download the Karnataka High Court Civil Judge admit card, candidates have to visit karnatakajudiciary.kar.nic.in.
- Karnataka High court releases the hall ticket through candidate login.
- One must know the application number and date of birth in order to log in.
- The details present on the Karnataka Civil Judge admit card are exam centre, exam date, timing for the examination among others.
Selection Procedure of Karnataka High Court Civil Judge Recruitment 2021
The selection of candidates is done by direct recruitment method based on the aggregate marks secured in competitive examination. There are essentially three stages of selection where the initial stage is of qualifying in nature. The final result indicating the list of candidates shortlisted for appointment is prepared on the basis of merit in the Main exam & the final stage of Viva-Voce. Know about each stage of the selection process below.
- Preliminary examination: This stage acts as the screening test to shortlist candidates for the main examination. Candidates have to secure the minimum qualifying marks to become eligible for the main examination.
- Main examination: Marks secured by the candidates in the main examination and interview round are used to calculate a candidate’s result.
- Viva-Voce round: Candidates are called for interview round to test their general knowledge, principles of law and suitability of the appointment for the post. Civil Judge interview round is conducted for 100 marks.
- Computer test: This round is conducted to test the candidate’s knowledge of computers. Marks secured in computer examination are not considered for the preparation of the result. The maximum marks allotted to the computer test are 25 marks.
After qualifying all the rounds, candidates have to be present for the documents verification round. For this, candidates have to carry the following certificates in original and photocopies:
- 10th certificate as date of birth proof
- ID proof
- Marks cards of degree
- Law degree
- Convocation certificate
- Caste certificate
- Certificate if claiming of reservation benefits
Karnataka High Court Civil Judge Result 2021
Candidates can check their Karnataka High Court Civil Judge result online at the website karnatakajudiciary.kar.nic.in. The result of each stage i.e. the Prelims result, Main exam result & Final result after Viva-Voce releases online after completion of each stage. Those who qualify in the Prelims are eligible to appear in the Main exam. Likewise, candidates successful in the Main exam are called to appear in the final selection stages.
- Karnataka High Court declares the result in PDF format.
- In the result PDF, information like candidate’s name, register number, the category is provided.
- Candidates can check whether they have qualified the examination or not with the help of their name or the register number.
- The final result is prepared on the basis of merit in the Main exam & Final Viva-Voce stage.
- The preliminary exam is only qualifying in nature. However, qualifying the Prelims is mandatory to appear for the Main exam.
Karnataka High Court Civil Judge 2021 Minimum Qualifying Marks
Candidates have to secure a minimum percentage of marks out of the total marks in each examination stage. This is the minimum qualifying marks required to qualify through the particular examination stage in Karnataka High Court Civil Judge 2021 recruitment. Candidates can check out the stage-wise minimum qualifying marks below.
|Exam/Selection Stage||Min Marks (UR)||Min Marks (SC/ST)|
Karnataka High Court Civil Judge 2021 Vacancy Details
This year, a total of 94 vacancies are released for the post of civil judge. Check out the excerpt from the official notification below. Take a note of the Scale of Pay at the top of the image below.
About Karnataka High Court
Karnataka High Court is also officially known as the Karnataka Uccha Nyayalaya. It is the high court of the state of Karnataka and located in the premises of Bengaluru, Karnataka. Karnataka High Court was established in the year 1884; around 136 years ago.
Earlier, Karnataka High Court was referred to as the High court of Mysore. Currently, Abhay Shreeniwas Oka serves as the Chief Justice of the high court.Its current operations as the apex court of the State are facilitated from the Bangalore premises itself.
|Official Notification||Click Here|
Official website: karnatakajudiciary.kar.nic.in
Download the last year recruitment notification. Click Here
Karnataka High Court Civil Judge 2020 Recruitment Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Karnataka High Court has released 53 vacancies for the post of Civil Judge.
Ans : To apply for the post of civil judge, candidates must have a law degree. Also, he/she must have been enrolled as an advocate.
Ans : Candidates have to pay Rs.500/- for the preliminary examination. Separate examination fee is required for the main examination.
Ans : No. Those who took the Kannada language examination earlier have to take the examination.