MP SET 2021: Once a year, the Madhya Pradesh State Eligibility Test (MP SET) is conducted by the Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC). It is a state-level exam conducted to award eligibility for the post of Assistant Professor at various colleges and universities in Madhya Pradesh. A selection exam is conducted to qualify applicants. The expected date of the release of the MP SET 2021 Application Form is during the second week of October 2021 online at mppsc.nic.in. Postgraduates in various disciplines are eligible to apply for MP SET 2021. Candidates are selected on the basis of the performance in the written test. Know about all important details including eligibility, pattern, syllabus, best books, and more in this article.
MP SET 2021
There are two papers in MP SET 2021. Paper I is common for all applicants while for the Paper-II, all candidates must choose one from the 19 different subjects offered by the Commission to take the test. Check out the important dates related to MP SET 2021 below:
|Start of online applications||To be announced|
|Last date to apply online||To be announced|
|Last date to submit the form offline||To be announced|
|Application form correction||To be announced|
|Admit card release||To be announced|
|Exam date||To be announced|
|Official answer key||To be announced|
|Result||To be announced|
|e-Certificate release||To be announced|
An Overview of MP SET 2021
The complete information of MP SET 2021 is provided in this page for the convenience of applicants. Before jumping into more details, go through the main points of the MP SET 2021 exam below.
|Exam Name||Madhya Pradesh State Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Body||Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|Last conducted in||2018|
|Post details||Assistant Professor|
|Medium||English & Hindi|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Application fees||Rs 1200|
MP SET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to check if they conform to the minimum eligibility standards as specified by the Commission. The minimum eligibility conditions are specified below.
Qualification of the candidates:
- Candidates must have done their Master from a recognized college/ university.
- All those candidates who are still in their last year of post-graduation can appear for MP SET 2021 provisionally. After two years since SET 2021, they must submit their record of scoring qualifying marks in the graduation to the Commission. If the candidate fails to do so, the Commission can declare them disqualified.
- Candidates who completed their Ph. D before September 19, 1991, are also eligible to apply for MP SET 2021.
- General category candidates must have an aggregate of 55 % marks in post-graduation.
- Reserved category candidates must have an aggregate of 50 % marks in post-graduation.
- All the candidates whose Ph.D was completed before September 19, 1991, must have 50% aggregate marks in post-graduation degree.
MP SET 2021 Application Form
Candidates can apply for MP SET 2021 on the official website only. The provisional eligibility is granted on the basis of the information furnished in the application form. As such, candidates must first check if they conform to the eligibility and then enter the accurate details in the application form. All the candidates found ineligible due to incorrect information cannot are liable to be rejected. Candidates must note that the application process is conducted online only and any other form of application is not accepted. Follow the simple steps given below to apply online as per schedule.
#1: Go to the official website of the MPPPSC.
#2: Thereby click on the “Apply Online” link.
#3: Click on the relevant link to apply for the MP SET 2021 exam.
#4: You will be redirected to the application window.
#5: Complete the registration and application process by carefully filling up the application form and depositing the exam fee.
#6: Click on final submission only after reviewing the authenticity of the information provided.
#7: Generate a print out of the submitted application form.
Check out the application fee for MP SET 2021 exam for both general and reserved category candidates. The available modes of payment of the application fee is also provided alongside.
|Category||Fees||Mode of Payment|
|General||Rs. 1200||Debit card/ |
|Reserved||Rs. 600||Debit card/ |
MP SET 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus is released by the Commission at the official website as per schedule. It is important that candidates download the syllabus before starting preparations. Candidates can check out the indicative MP SET 2021 syllabus below:
Paper I Syllabus
|MP SET 2021 Paper I||Syllabus|
|General Paper on General Awareness/ Teaching and Research Aptitude||
|MP SET 2021 Subject Papers and Paper Code||Syllabus|
|Chemical Sciences – 01||
|Commerce – 02||
|Defence & Strategic Studies – 03||Click Here to view Syllabus|
|Economics – 04||Click Here to view Syllabus|
|English – 05||Click Here to view Syllabus|
|Geography – 06||Click Here to view Syllabus|
|Hindi – 07||Click Here to view Syllabus|
|History – 08||Click Here to view Syllabus|
|Home Science – 09||Click Here to view Syllabus|
|Law – 10||Click Here to view Syllabus|
|Life Sciences – 11||Click Here to view Syllabus|
|Mathematical Sciences – 12||Click Here to view Syllabus|
|Music – 13||Click Here to view Syllabus|
|Philosophy – 14||Click Here to view Syllabus|
|Physical Sciences – 15||Click Here to view Syllabus|
|Political Sciences – 16||Click Here to view Syllabus|
|Sanskrit – 17||Click Here to view Syllabus|
|Sociology – 18||Click Here to view Syllabus|
|Urdu – 19||Click Here to view Syllabus|
How to Prepare for MP SET 2021?
Candidates are advised not to wait until the last few weeks but start preparing for the exam as soon as possible. This is to cover the vast syllabus of the MP SET 2021 exam. However, one must also take care to study smartly instead of just memorizing text books. Here are some tips which you can refer for MP SET 2021 Preparation:
- Know the Syllabus: It is very important to know the syllabus before starting any preparations. Do not just go blindfolded about the preparations. Download the syllabus first.
- Identify strong and weak areas: Once all strengths and weaknesses are defined, candidates can now plan the strategy to work harder to cover the weak areas and improve their strengths.
- Solve Question Papers: This is very important while preparing for MP SET 2021. Candidates can learn to manage the duration of the exam effectively by solving mock tests.
- Mock Tests: Make sure you attempt mock tests for MP SET 2021 frequently. An important objective for solving mock tests is to improve the number of good attempts and increase the overall score.
- Refer the Best Books: You must refer the best books only for MP SET 2021 as per your subject paper. This is a smart study policy to save time that is spent in learning things that are not required to score well in the exam.
Preparation Strategy For MP SET 2021
Candidates must have a well informed strategy to ace the MP SET exam. It is important to study smart instead of just working hard. Therefore, we suggest some important strategies based on expert opinion published by peers in this section.
MP SET Preparation Strategy by Tut2Learn
MP SET Preparation Strategy by Ecoholics
MP SET 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check out the Exam Pattern for MP SET 2021 below for Paper I and Paper II. The
For Paper I: (General Awareness/ Teacher Research and Aptitude)
- The duration of the exam is 1 hour.
- The mode of the exam is Online mode.
- There are 50 MCQs type questions in this paper.
- Each question carries 2 marks
- The total number of marks is 100.
- Candidates get 2 marks for every correct answer.
- There is no negative marking.
For Paper II:
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours
- The exam mode is Online.
- There are 100 MCQs (Matching, True/ False/ Assertion Reasoning Type Questions), type questions in this paper.
- Each question carries 2 marks
- Total number of marks is 200.
- For every correct answer a candidates gets 2 marks
- There is no negative marking.
Check out the marking scheme below
|Paper||No. of Questions||Marking Scheme|
|Paper I||50 Questions||
|Paper II||100 Questions||
MP SET 2021 Admit Card
Admit Card of MP SET 2021 is released online by MPPSC before the examination. Candidates can download their admit card by entering the following information:
- Application Number
- Date of Birth
- Security code given below.
The admit card is the only proof of provisional eligibility of candidates. It is mandatory to carry the admit card to the exam center on the day of exam. These include a valid photo identity proof such as a driver’s license or the Aadhar card. The Commission does not send the admit card by post or by any other means. They must download the same from the website as per schedule.
MP SET 2021 Exam Centers
Candidates can check out the possible MP SET 2021 Exam Centers based on the previous exams
|Test Centers||Test Centers Code|
Best Books for MP SET 20220 Preparation
Candidates can refer the books for MP SET 2021 Preparation which are based on State Eligibility Test (SET) syllabus and exam pattern below:
|MP Assistant Professor |
Exam General Studies paper
|Dr. Jayantilal Bhandari||Click Here to Buy|
|NTA UGC NET/SET/JRF – Paper 1: |
Teaching and Research Aptitude by Pearson
|KVS Madaan||Click Here to Buy|
|NTA UGC NET / SET / JRF – |
Paper 1 Teaching and Research Aptitude
|Arihant Experts||Click Here to Buy|
MP SET 2021 Answer Key
MPPSC releases the provisional answer key a few days after the exam. Candidates can check the provisional answer key on the official website. The Commission also releases the Candidate Response Sheet along with the provisional answer key. Candidates can download their MP SET 2021 Response Sheet by entering their Roll Number and Password.
What is the significance of Answer key?
- Answer key is important to maintain the transparency of result evaluation of the exam.
- Candidates can calculate their score based on the MP SET 2021 Marking Scheme.
- They can challenge the answer key in case of any discrepancies.
What is meant by Challenging the Answer key?
- Challenging the answer key means to raise objections against any of the wrong answers given in the answer key.
- MPPSC opens the window to challenge the answer key for a short duration.
- Candidates have to pay a sum of Rs. 100 for each question they want to challenge.
MP SET 2021 Selection Procedure
MP SET selection process can be understood from the following points.
- Candidates must attempt both of the exam papers.
- The qualifying marks for MP SET 2021 is 40 % (General Category) and 35 % (Reserved Category)
- 6 % of the total number of candidates who qualify are finally selected as eligible for MP SET 2021 certification.
- All the candidates who qualify MP SET 2021 are awarded an e-certificate which they can download from the official website.
MP SET 2021 Result
The Commission publishes the result on the official website after the release of answer keys. The Commission also releases a cut off list and a merit list. The qualified candidates are then selected as eligible for recruitment to the post of Assistant Professor as per the reservation policy of the Govt. of Madhya Pradesh.
How to Check your MP SET 2021 Result?
- Open the link provided for the official website on this page below.
- Click on the link for the MP SET 2021 Result on the home page.
- Enter your Roll Number and Password.
- Your MP SET 2021 result will display on the next page. You can download it and take out multiple printouts.
Disclaimer: Information provided in this page is as per the previous iterations of the MP SET exam. Get the latest updates of MP SET 2021 as the official notice releases.
Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC) conducts many recruitment exams for the Government of Madhya Pradesh various departments. It conducts civil service exams and other exams of the State too. MPPSC is also referred to as Madhya Pradesh Lok Seva Ayog. Candidates can refer to the official website for latest information about various recruitment notification, result declaration, answer key release, syllabus, question papers, etc.
Official Website: www.mppsc.nic.in
Previous Year’s Information Brochure: MP SET 2018