National Fertilizers Limited (NFL) is a PSU which largely deals in the production of chemical fertilizers, organic fertilizers and industrial chemicals. It is the second largest producer of the key fertiliser Urea in India. NFL was incorporated on August 23, 1974. It has its registered office in New Delhi and corporate office at Noida. It is a Schedule ‘A’ & a Mini Ratna (Category-I) Company, which conducts recruitment for various positions through its own entrance test and through the scores of GATE
The company has a vision to be a leading Indian company in fertilizers and beyond with commitment to all stakeholder. The NFL has an authorized capital of around Rs. 1000 crore and a paid up capital of Rs. 490.58 crore out of which there is 74.71% of Government of India’s share. The NFL currently has a total manpower of 3464 against 4068 as on April 1, 2014.
Mission of the National Fertilizer Limited Company
The mission of the company is to become a dynamic organization committed to serve the farming community and other customers to their satisfaction through timely supply of products & services. The company continually strives to achieve the goal, highest standards in quality, safety, ethics, professionalism, energy conservation with a concern for ecology and maximizing returns to the stakeholders.
Ongoing NFL Recruitment
Candidates can check the ongoing recruitment at NFL provided int he table below:
|NFL Recruitment Management Trainee – Announced!||Click Here|
|NFL Recruitment through GATE|
|NFL Recruitment through GATE – Announced!||Click Here|
The NFL has five gas based Ammonia-Urea plants:
- Nangal & Bathinda plants in Punjab
- Panipat plant in Haryana
- Two plants at Vijaipur at District Guna, in Madhya Pradesh.
The Ammonia-Urea plants were revamped for improvement for feed stock conversion from Fuel Oil to Natural Gas during 2012-13 / 2013-14. It helped it increasing its total annual capacity from 20.66 LMT from 17.29 LMT, an increase of 20%. Currently, the company has a total annual installed capacity of 35.68 LMT & is the 2nd largest producer of Urea in the country with a share of about 16% of total Urea production in the country.
Other than that, the company has a Bio-Fertilizers Plant at Vijaipur with a capacity enough to produce three strains of Bio-Fertilizers, namely:
Products manufactured by NFL
NFL is largely engaged in manufacturing and marketing of Neem Coated Urea, three main strains of Bio-Fertilizers (solid & liquid) and other allied Industrial products like Ammonia, Nitric Acid, Ammonium Nitrate, Sodium Nitrite and Sodium Nitrate.
Nonetheless, the company is popularly known in the market as ‘KISAN’.
Other than that, the company has also started production of certified seeds under its Seeds Multiplication Program for sale under its own brand name as Kisan Beej.
NFL Marketing Units
The NFL Marketing Setup comprises of Central Marketing Office at Noids and three Zonal Offices at Bhopal, Lucknow & Chandigarh, 16 State & 2 UT Offices and 35 Area offices spread across the marketing territory of NFL. The company is not only expanding the manufacturing business but the company is also spreading its business, by way of imports and trading of various agro-inputs like Non-Urea Fertilizers, certified seeds, Agrochemicals, Bentonite Sulphur, City compost.
NFL Research & Development Centers
The company has set up a R&D center at each Manufacturing Unit i.e. Nangal, Panipat, Bathinda and Vijaipur as well as at Corporate Office (Noida). The R&D center primarily focuses and undertakes various innovation studies to develop new, efficient & safer processes, value added products and suggest implementation of eco-friendly schemes.
The company is expanding its business steadily by making new investments:
- NFL is soon setting up a Bentonite Sulphur Plant of 25000 MTPA capacity at Panipat Unit with a cost of Rs. 42 crore which is expected to be commissioned by December 2017.
- Exploring setting up an 8000 MTPA plant to manufacture Murate of Potash (MoP) from subsoil bitterns at Little Rann of Kutch
- Setting up Di-nitrogen Tetroxide (N2O4) plant at Vijaipur Unit on Built Own Operate & Supply basis (BOOS) for ISRO.
- R&D initiative with M/s IARI, New Delhi to design & develop an applicator & logistic arrangement for application of Urea Ammonia Nitrate (UAN) which is envisaged to be manufactured at Nangal Unit.
Besides above, the company is also envisaging the following investments:
- Construction of Natural draft prilling towers at Panipat & Bathinda Units to improve Urea prill size with estimated cost of Rs. 90 crore (Rs. 45 crore each for Panipat & Bathinda Unit).
- Agro Chemical plant at Bathinda for production of farm insecticides
- Di-Ammonium Phosphate (DAP) plant of 10 LMT per annum along with Phosphoric Acid Plant in Algeria under buy back arrangement & in Joint Venture mode with GSFC, RCF and NMDC.