The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) intends to offer fellowships, named as NCERT Doctoral Fellowships, for conducting research at the doctoral level. The objectives of the Scheme are to provide opportunities to young scholars to research the field of education from different disciplinary perspectives and to build the knowledge base of education in the contemporary context.
Get here complete details of NCERT Doctoral Fellowship for PhD Students in India 2017 such as notification, eligibility, application form, hall ticket (admit card), result etc.
|Result and Selected Candidates List||Click Here|
NCERT Doctoral Fellowship for PhD Students 2017
|AIMS ATMA 2018 Exam||Register to get Top MBA College|
|Times Group Bennett University||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
The NCERT Doctoral Fellowships are intended to enable young scholars to pursue doctoral research in education and other related disciplines. Doctoral Fellows can pursue their work in a recognized university/research institution of their choice. The NCERT encourages original thinking in conceptualization of the problem and use of innovative methodology in conduct of the research related to school education.
Priority Areas – Fellowship will be given for research pertaining to the following priority areas:
- Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA)
- Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA)
- Concerns related to Teacher Education Schemes
- Teacher Educators’ Education
- Education of the Disadvantaged
- Classroom Processes and Practices
- Curricular Areas
- Education for Peace
- Psycho-social Development of Children
Fellowship Amount : NCERT Doctoral Fellows will receive a fellowship of Rs.14,000/- per month (for NonNET) and Rs.16,000/- per month (in case of NET qualified candidates) for a maximum period of three years.
Age – Maximum age should not be more than 35 years.
Reservation of Seats – The statutory provisions for reservation of seats will be applicable to the candidates belonging to different categories.
Educational Qualification – Good Academic record with at least 60% marks at both Graduate and Post Graduate Levels.
Selection Procedure – The procedure for short listing of applicants will be designed by NCERT.
How to apply – Application should be field in the prescribed format available online at the NCERT website. Only online applications will be accepted.
NCERT Doctoral Fellowship Application Form
The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) has released an application form for NCERT Doctoral Fellowship for PhD Students in India 2017. Candidates can now apply online for the same on the official website of NCERT or by a direct link that is posted on this page below.
NCERT Doctoral Fellowship Application Form 2017 – Click Here
The last date for online application is 60 days from the publication of advertisement in the newspaper.
- Candidates registered for Ph.D. degree in a recognized university/ or working toward their Ph.D. registration are eligible to apply.
- Good Academic record with at least 60% marks at both Graduate and Post Graduate Levels.
- Candidates should not be more than 35 years of age as on the last date of receipt of applications.
How to Apply
Candidates can apply in online mode only for the NCERT Doctoral Fellowship for PhD Students. Application should be field in the prescribed format available online at the NCERT website (www.ncert.nic.in). The last date for online application is 21 November, 2017.
Conditions for the Fellowship
- Four out of 10 fellowships are reserved for 4 Regional Institutes of Education (RIEs) one each for Ajmer, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar and Mysore.
- The fellowships will be limited to extremely deserving candidates only. If suitable candidates are not available, Council may not select all 10 Fellows.
- Candidate applying for Doctoral Fellowship should have either completed predoctoral research methodology course or enrolled / selected for such course for appropriate duration as approved by UGC. The fellowship will start after completion of the course and confirmed registration with the University for Ph.D. work.
- Each Doctoral Fellow will be required to present a seminar at the end of each semester.
- The NCERT Doctoral Fellow will be required to contribute to the RIE teaching programme, field research and/or the curriculum development and textbook 3 development programmes of NCERT for 30 days in a year. The Fellow will be provided III AC fare for the travel, and accommodation in the RIE hostel.
- The Doctoral Fellow will be under obligation to present public lecture on larger issues of public interest relevant to his/her doctoral research work, if so invited. The seminar may be held at RIEs or NCERT headquarter and the fellows will be given the III AC fare for travel for the same.
- The candidate will submit with their applications, the CV of the research supervisor which should clearly indicate the research work done by them in the last five years. NCERT reserved the right to advise the candidate to chose a new research supervisor if needed. The candidate may select a supervisor/research guide approved by NCERT. The fellowship of the last three months and contingency of the third year will be released only after receipt of the thesis.