NCERT Doctoral Fellowship 2020 – National Council of educational research and Training (NCERT) has announced a Doctoral Fellowship. For this, NCERT has published a detailed notification online at ncert.nic.in. Currently, the conducting is inviting online applications for Doctoral Fellowship 2020. Aspirants have to appear for a personal interview to qualify for NCERT Doctoral Fellowship Scheme 2020. This year, 10 seats are available for Doctoral Fellowship. Get complete details on NCERT Doctoral Fellowship 2020 from this article.
Latest: NCERT Doctoral Fellowship application form 2020 is now available. Get the direct link below.
NCERT Doctoral Fellowship 2020
The Doctoral Fellowship by NCERT is announced in the field of education and other disciplines directly related to education. Check all the important dates regarding NCERT Doctoral Fellowship 2020 from the table below.
|Start of registration||Ongoing|
|Last date to apply||30 days from the date of advertisement|
|Interview||To be announced|
NCERT Doctoral Fellowship 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are applying for the NCERT Doctoral Fellowship recruitment must ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria. So, read the detailed eligibility criteria for Doctoral Fellowship below.
- Must have good academic records with minimum 60% marks at both Graduate and Postgraduate.
- Their age should not be more than 35 years as on the last date of the application procedure.
- Candidates who have registered for PhD degree or working toward PhD registration are eligible to apply for the Doctoral Fellowship.
NCERT Doctoral Fellowship 2020 Application Form
Applications for NCERT Doctoral Fellowship are accepted only through the online procedure. Know some important aspects for the submission of the Doctoral Fellowship 2020 Application Form below.
Click here to submit NCERT Doctoral Fellowship 2020 Application Form
- The format of the Doctoral Fellowship application form is now available at the official website, ncert.nic.in.
- Along with the Doctoral Fellowship, aspirants also have to submit proforma. This can be downloaded from the website only.
- The last date to submit the complete application form is one month from the release of notification.
The Objective of NCERT Doctoral Fellowship 2020 Scheme
NCERT is offering Doctoral Fellowship to eligible candidates for the 10 vacant seats. So, candidates who are interested to take part in this fellowship program can check the objective of the same below.
- It provides an opportunity for young scholars to research in the field of education from different disciplinary perspectives.
- It helps to build the knowledge base of education in a contemporary context.
- Scope: It enables Fellows to pursue doctoral research in education and other disciplines. A doctoral fellow can pursue their work in a recognised university/ research institution
Priority Areas of Doctoral Fellowship 2020
Fellowship is provided for research in the following priority areas:
- Teacher Educators’ Education
- Education of the Disadvantaged
- Classroom Processes and Practices
- Curricular Areas
- Education for Peace
- Psycho-social Development of Children
- Any Burning Issue in School Education
NCERT Doctoral Fellowship Selection Procedure 2020
Selection Procedure for Doctoral Fellowship included only one stage which is the personal interview. Shortlisted candidates have to appear for the Doctoral Fellowship interview as per the schedule shared by NCERT. Along with the interview, they also have to include a presentation for the proposal. Aspirants who are appearing for the interview will be paid second sleeper class train fare by the shortest route.
NCERT Doctoral Fellowship Result 2020
The result for NCERT Doctoral Fellowship is declared online at the ncert.nic.in. Aspirants who are participating this year can check their respective Doctoral Fellowship result after the interview. They have to visit the website and click on announcement > vacancies > result button to check the result. Qualifying candidates are shortlisted for the Doctoral Fellowship.
What After Doctoral Fellowship Result Declaration 2020
After the result of the interview is out, NCERT Doctoral Fellows have to perform a certain research programme and presentation. Apart from that, they also receive a monthly fellowship. Read more on what happens after the declaration of Doctoral Fellowship result below.
- After the declaration of result, NCERT Doctoral Fellows gets a fellowship of Rs. 23,000/- pm (for Non-NET) and Rs. 25,000/- pm (for NET qualified).
- This fellowship is provided only for a maximum period of 03 years from the date of PhD registration and/ or date of the selection in NCERT.
- Also, candidates will get a contingency grant of RS. 10,000/- per annum.
- The Fellowship and contingency amount are sent to the saving account of the candidate.
- For this, each fellow has to submit a certificate of attendance and satisfactory work performance.
- The doctoral fellow also has to submit six-monthly progress reports to their supervisors or Head of the Department and Research advisors of NCERT.
- They also have to participate in the research colloquium that takes place annually. Here, candidates have to present the process of their research. If the Experts committee found the report unsatisfactory, fellows are terminated right away.
Other conditions for NCERT Doctoral Fellowship 2020
Read the important conditions for Doctoral Fellowship by NCERT below.
- Out of the 10 fellowships advertised, 04 are reserved for four regional institutes of Education (RIEs) which are Ajmer, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar and Mysore.
- The fellowship is limited to extremely talented candidates. If the experts committee is unable to find eligible candidates for 10 Fellowships then the council may not select at all.
- Candidates who are applying for Doctoral Fellowship should either have completed a predoctoral research methodology course or have enrolled/ selected for such course.
- At the end of each semester, each doctoral fellow has to present a seminar at the end of each semester.
- Candidates shortlisted for Fellowship have to contribute to the RIE teaching programme, field research and/ or the curriculum for 30 days in a year.
- The fellow has to present a public lecture on larger issues of public interest regarding doctoral research work.
Ans 1. This year, NCERT has announced 10 seats for the Doctoral Fellowship.
Ans 2. Aspirants first have to make sure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria. Then, NCERT conducts interview round.
Ans 3. To receive the Doctoral Fellowship, candidates must have saving account. Candidates can visit the bank and open an account before they start the fellowship.