Odisha High Court District Judge Recruitment 2016-2017 – High Court of Odisha has published a notification for recruitment of the District Judge for the year 2016. Eligible candidates can check all the information related to this recruitment is available on this page like application process, admit card, important dates, eligibility criteria, result, etc.
Selection of the District Judge will be based on the written examination and interview. Candidates who will qualify the written examination will only eligible for the Interview.
Latest – Written Exam Result of Odisha High Court District Judge Recruitment 2016-17 has been announced!
Odisha High Court District Judge Recruitment 2016-2017
Interested candidates can apply for Odisha High Court District Judge Recruitment 2016 as per the schedule. All the important information related to this recruitment is available on this page. Candidates must check all the information before applying.
Name of the Post : District Judge
Tota No. of Vacancies : 10
Pay Scale : Rs. 51,550/- to 63,070/-
Educational Qualification : Graduate in Law of a recognized University or an Institution recognized by the Government
Age Limit : 35 years to 45 years
Application Fee : Rs. 500/-
How to Apply : Candidates have to fill the application form and send it to the given address along with the required document.
|Last date for receipt of Application Form||21 Oct 2016|
Odisha High Court District Judge Application Form 2016 -2017
The application process of Odisha High Court District Judge Recruitment has been started. Interested candidates can send their application form along with the required document to the address given on this page before the last date for the receipt of Application form.
Application in prescribed format is available on the official website or on this page.
Incomplete and/or defective application and application received after due date shall be summarily rejected.
Note : Envelope containing application must be inscribed ” District Judge Examination – 2016″
Every application submitted directly to the High Court shall be accompanied by a Bank draft of Rs.500/- in favor of the Registrar (Administration), Orissa High Court, Cuttack payable at S.B.I. Cuttack (Main Branch).
Document to be submitted along with the Application Form
A candidate must submit self-attested true copies of the following documents with the application.
- Matriculation/ H.S.C.E. or equivalent Certificate in support of his / her age.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law.
- Certificate from the concerned District Judge I Judicial Officer in charge of District Judge of the district showing the period of his/her practice at Bar issued within a period of 3 (three) months prior to 21 Oct 2016 i.e. the last date of receipt of the application.
- Four passport size recent photographs signed by him / her on its face.
- Original Bank Draft amounting to Rs.500/-.
- Character Certificates from two Gazetted Officers.
- Two self-addressed envelopes with the stamp for correspondence by Speed Post I Registered Post.
- Certificate from the competent authority in proof of passing Odia of Middle School Standard.
- Candidate must be a graduate in Law of a recognized University or an Institution recognized by the Government.
- Candidates should be having at least seven years of practice as an advocate on the 1st day of Aug 2016.
- Not below 35 years of age and above 45 years of age as on 1st day of Aug 2016.
- A candidate is not eligible if he is a man has more than one wife living and if a woman has more than one husband living or has married a man who has already another wife living.
Odisha High Court District Judge Admit Card 2016 -2017
Admit Card for the written test of Odisha High Court District Judge Recruitment 2016-2017 will be issued to the candidates after the application process is over. Date, Time and Venue of the written examination will be mentioned on the admit card. No candidate will be allowed to appear in the examination without admit card.
1. Written Examination – 200 Marks
The Examination shall be conducted in accordance with the provisions of the Orissa Superior Judicial Service and Orissa Judicial Service Rules, 2007, as amended in the year 2013. There shall be a written examination consisting of two papers carrying 100 marks each having a duration of two hours.
Paper I : Code of Civil Procedure -30 Marks, Personal Law-30 Marks. Transfer of Property Act, Specific Relief Act, Limitation Act, Law of Contract, Orissa Consolidation of Holdings and Prevention of Fragmentation of Land Act, O.E.A. Act, Orissa Land Reforms Act and Law of Motor Accident Claim-40 Marks.
Paper II : Code of Criminal Procedure- 30 Marks. Indian Penal Code -30 Marks. Indian Evidence Act- 30 Marks. N.D.P.S Act, Prevention of Food Adulteration Act, Prevention of Corruption Act, Essential Commodities Act, Environment Protection Act, Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act & Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989-10 Marks.
2. Interview – 30 Marks
Candidates shall be called for interview in a proportion of 1:10 provided that such candidates have obtained at least forty five percent marks in each of the written papers and fifty percent of marks in aggregate.
A candidate shall not be included in the merit list unless he / she secure a minimum of 40% of marks in the interview.
The selected candidates must be physically fit and shall be required to appear before the State Medical Board before final appointment.