RBI Grade B Syllabus 2022 – Reserve Bank of India releases official notification for syllabus of RBI Grade B. The syllabus released contains all the topics that a candidate has to prepare for appearing for the exams. Before starting the preparation of the RBI Grade B 2022, the candidate should be well aware of the syllabus. Read the article to get complete details of the syllabus to be covered for RBI Grade B 2022. RBI Grade B 2022 shall be conducted under two phases. The candidates shall have to qualify phase I to appear for Phase II and thereafter the passing candidates appear for the personal interview.
RBI Grade B Syllabus 2022
RBI has released the official notification containing the important recommended books and paper wise syllabus to be followed by the candidate for strategically preparing for the exam. Candidates can check the detailed previous year RBI Grade B syllabus of each subject from below.
Syllabus for RBI Grade B (DR) -General Phase 2
The paper wise syllabus for the examination is posted below, candidates can refer to this while preparing for the same.
Paper-I – Economic and Social Issues:
- Growth and Development
- Measurement of growth: National Income and per capita income
- Poverty Alleviation and Employment Generation in India
- Sustainable Development and Environmental issues.
- Indian Economy
- Economic Reforms in India, Monetary and Fiscal Policy, Industrial and Labour Policy, Privatization and Role of Economic Planning.
- Opening up of the Indian Economy, Export-Import Policy, Balance of Payments, IMF and World Bank – WTO, International Economic Institutions and Regional Economic Co-operation.
- Social Structure in India
- Multiculturalism, Social Justice: Positive Discrimination in favour of the underprivileged, Indian Political System, Demographic Trends, Human Development Urbanization and Migration, Gender Issues, Social Movement, Social Sectors in India health and Education.
Paper-II -English (Writing Skills):
The paper on English shall be framed in a manner to assess the writing skills including expression and understanding of the topic.
Paper-III -Finance and Management:
(a) Financial System
- Regulators of Banks and Financial Institutions
- Reserve Bank of India- functions and conduct of monetary policy
- Banking System in India
- Impact of Global Financial Crisis
(b) Financial Markets
Primary and Secondary Markets (Forex, Money, Bond, Equity, etc.), functions, instruments, recent developments.
(c) General Topics
- Risk Management in Banking Sector
- Basics of Derivatives
- Global financial markets and international banking
- Financial Inclusion
- Alternate source of finance, private and social cost-benefit, Public-Private Partnership
- Corporate Governance in Banking Sector, the role of e-governance in addressing the issues of corruption and inefficiency in the government sector.
- The Union Budget – Concepts, approach and broad trends
- Inflation: Definition, trends, estimates, consequences, and remedies (control): WPI, CPI – components and trends.
- Fundamentals of Management and Organizational Behaviour
- Introduction, Evolution; Management functions and Managerial roles; Nudge theory
- Meaning and concept of organizational behavioural; Personality: meaning, factors that affect personality, Big five model of personality; and others.
- Leadership: Concept, Theories
- Organisational Development: Concept, Kurt Lewin Theory of Change; Organisational Change, Strategies for Change, and others.
- Ethics of Workplace and corporate governance
- Meaning of ethics, Theories of Ethics, Corporate Governance, Communication
Syllabus for RBI Grade B (DR) – DEPR
- Standard syllabus for economics would be that of a master’s degree in economics of any central university in India.
- Syllabus for English contains the following:
1. Precis writing
2. Comprehension and Business/Office Correspondence
Syllabus for RBI Grade B (DR) – DSIM
Standard of paper is that of the Master’s degree examination of any central university in India.
Paper 1: Probability: Definition of Probability, Large and small sample theory, Standard distribution, Estimation, Analysis of Variance, Testing of Hypotheses, Multivariate analysis and Stochastic Processes.
Paper 2: Questions would cover (i) Probability and Sampling, (ii) Linear Models and Economic Statistics, (iii) Statistical Inference: Estimation, Testing of hypothesis and Non-parametric Test, (iv) Stochastic Processes, (v) Multivariate analysis and (vi) Numerical Analysis and Basic Computer Techniques.
Paper 3: English: Essay, Précis writing, Comprehension and Business/Office
RBI Grade B Syllabus PDF – Download HERE!
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern 2022
The applicants must be clear regarding the exam pattern of the RBI Grade B post before applying for the exam. The exam consists of three phases.
Phase I comprises four sections. The duration for the exam is 120 minutes and marks distribution for the same has been mentioned below
|English (Writing skills)||30||30|
Phase II of RBI Grade B 2022 comprises three sections. Each section should be completed within 90 minutes. The marks distribution has been mentioned below
|Subject||Type of paper||Marks|
|Economic and social issues||MCQ||100|
RBI Grade B Recommended Books 2022
Candidates can check the suggested books by RBI for the Grade B preparations below.
|Indian Economy: Uma Kapila.||Click here|
|Indian Economy: Mishra Puri.||Click here|
|Growth And Development: Devraj Ray||Click here|
|Sociology: C.N. Shankar Rao||Click here|
|An introduction to Economics – A W Stonier and D C Hauge||Click here|
|Monetary Theory and Public Policy – Kenneth Kurihara||Click here|
|Indian Economy – Mishra and Puri||Click here|
|Financial Management – Prasanna Chandra||Click here|
Recommended reading for RBI Grade B(DR) – DEPR
RBI publications viz., Annual Report, Report on Trend and Progress of Banking in India, Monetary Policy Report and the Financial Stability Report and the Economic Survey published by the Government of India over the previous two years.
About RBI Grade B
The examinations for the post of RBI Grade B Officer is conducted by the Reserve Bank of India. The posts include Grade (B) General, Department of Economic and Policy Research (DEPR), and Department of Statistics and Information Management (DSIM). It is a prestigious job in the banking sector and the main responsibility of a RBI Grade B officer includes overlooking the functioning of banks and its members.
Ans. There are a total of three phases in RBI Grade B 2022
Ans. No, It is a descriptive type paper
Ans. There are 200 questions to be asked in phase I of RBI Grade B 2022