RBI Grade B 2019 – Reserve Bank of India has revised the dates for RBI Grade B interview for DEPR/DSIM. The official notice regarding the same has been released at rbi.org.in. The recruitment for RBI Grade B 2019 is done in 2 phases (Phase 1 and 2). The phase 1 exam was held on November 09, 2019, whereas the phase 2 exam was held on December 01, 2019. It is the best opportunity for candidates who are waiting to join the officer level jobs in RBI. A total of 199 vacancies are to be filled under the RBI Grade B recruitment process 2019. Candidates can check below the exam pattern, eligibility criteria, and selection process of RBI Grade B recruitment 2019.
Latest: Reserve Bank of India has again revised the RBI Grade B 2019 interview dates. Check here!
RBI Grade B 2019
Candidates can check below some important dates related to RBI Grade B Recruitment 2019.
|Release of online application form||21 Sep 2019|
|Last date to submit the application form||11 Oct 2019|
|Release of Admit Card||24 Oct 2019|
|Gr B (DR) General phase 1 and DEPR/DSIM paper 1 examination||1 Dec 2019|
|Gr B (DR) DEPR/DSIM paper 2 and 3 examination||2 Dec 2019|
|Result declaration||Phase – I: 18 Nov 2019|
Phase-II: 18 & 26 Dec 2019
|Interview Dates||DSIM– 08-12 Oct 2020|
DEPR – 05-07 Oct 2020
RBI Grade B 2019 Result
The Reserve Bank of India releases RBI Grade B officer result 2019. The result is announced in the form of pdf. Only the region and roll number of qualified candidates will be mentioned in the pdf. The result is announced separately for General, DEPR, and DSIM. A category wise cut off is also released and displayed on the website.
Candidates who qualify the exam will be eligible to appear for the interview process. Candidates will get call letters for interviews indicating the roll number, date, time and venue of interview on the registered email id.
RBI Grade B 2019 Admit Card
Admit cards has been released in online mode. The admit card will only be released for registered candidates. Admit card is present inside the candidate login. Candidates have to enter the Registration number and Password to download the admit card from login. It is compulsory for candidates to carry the admit card along with a valid photo Id proof at the exam centre.
Admit card acts as a verification for students at the exam centre. Candidates can check below the list of acceptable photo Id proofs.
- PAN Card
- Driving Licence
- Voter’s Card
- Bank Passbook with photograph
- Photo identity
- Photo identity proof issued by a People’s Representative on official letterhead
- e-Aadhar card
- Employee ID
- Bar Council Identity card with photograph
RBI Grade B 2019 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check below the exam pattern for RBI Grade B 2019 exam.
- Duration of Exam – 2 hours.
- Maximum marks – 200.
- Questions Type – Objective type.
|General awareness||Not specified|
|English language||Not specified|
|Quantitative aptitude||Not specified|
- Exam Duration – 90 minutes each paper
- Total duration – 4.5 hours.
- Maximum marks – 300.
|Paper I – Economic and Social Issues||100|
|Paper-II – English (writing skills)||100|
|Paper III – Finance and Management||100|
Preparation for RBI Grade B 2019 Exam
The exam is conducted in 2 phases. The syllabus for both the phases is very different. Phase 1 has more of English language, Quantitative aptitude, General awareness and reasoning type questions. Whereas phase 2 is conducted for 3 papers Economic and social issues, English and finance and management.
Some preparation tips and tricks for candidates who want to appear for RBI Grade B 2019 exam.
- Syllabus and Preparation material – It is important to understand the requirements of the entrance exam to start preparing for it. RBI has given its particular set of the syllabus for the entrance exam in the official brochure.
- Time Management – It is the most important aspect be it any entrance exam time management is always important. Work on accuracy and speed from the initial phase only.
- Practise previous year question papers – Candidates should make it a habit to practise previous years question paper. Practising previous years question papers gives an idea of the exam pattern.
Books for RBI Grade B 2019 Exam
Candidates can check below the section-wise book for RBI Grade B 2019 exam.
For General awareness
|Books||Link to buy|
|Banking Awareness||Click here to buy|
|Banking Awareness for SBI/IBPS Bank/ Clerk/PO/SO/RRB and RBI exams||Click here to buy|
For Current Affairs
|Books||Link to buy|
|Manorama yearbook 2019 (English)||Click here to buy|
|India yearbook 2019||Click here to buy|
|General Knowledge 2019||Click here to buy|
RBI Grade B 2019 Exam Centre
Candidates can check below the exam centre for RBI Grade B 2019 exam. The exam centres given below are on the basis of last year exam.
For Phase 1
|Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh & Telangana||Guntur, Narasaraopet, Hyderabad, Rangareddy-Kodada, Karimnagar, Warangal, Rajahmundry, Kakinada, Tirupati, Chittoor, Vijaywada, Kanchikacherla, Gudlavalleru, Eluru, Vishakhapatnam, Vizianagaram|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Itanagar,Naharlagun city|
|Assam||Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Silchar|
|Bihar||Bhagalpur, Muzaffarpur, Patna|
|Daman & Diu||Jamnagar|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Gandhi Nagar, Bhavnagar, Jamnagar, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara|
|Haryana||Hissar, Karnal, Rohtak|
|Himachal Pradesh||Dharamsala, Shimla|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro, Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Ranch|
|Karnataka||Belgaum, Bagalkot, Bengaluru, Chikaballapur, Kolar, Tumkur, Gulbarga, Bidar, Hubli, Dharwad, Haliyal, Gadag, Mangalore, Mysore, Mandya, Udipi|
|Kerala||Kannur, Kasargod, Kochi, Alappuzha, Kottayam, Pathanamthitta, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Thrichur, Palakkad, Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Nagercoil|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior , Indore, Jabalpur|
|Maharashtra||Aurangabad, Kolhapur, Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Thane, Nagpur, Nasik, Pune, Solapur|
|New Delhi||Delhi –NCR|
|Orissa||Balasore, Berhampur (Ganjam), Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Sambalpur|
|Puducherry||Puducherry, Cuddalore, Villupuram|
|Punjab||Amritsar, Bhatinda, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Patiala|
|Rajasthan||Ajmer, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Udaipur|
|Sikkim||Gangtok, Bardang City|
|Tamilnadu||Chennai, Vellore, Coimbatore, Erode, Thirupur, Madurai, Virudhunagar, Dindigul Salem, Namakkal, Tiruchirapalli, Perambalur, Pudukottai, Thanjavur, Tirunelveli, Kanyakumari, Tuticorin|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Gorakhpur, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Varanasi|
|Uttarakhand||Dehradun, Haldwani, Nainital, Roorkee City|
|West Bengal||Berhampore (WB), Durgapur, Kolkata, Greater Kolkata, Howrah, Hooghly, Kalyani,Siliguri|
Centres for Phase – II – Gr B (DR) – General / Paper II & III (DEPR /DSIM)
RBI Grade B 2019 Application form
The application form for RBI Grade B 2019 is released in online mode. Candidates can check below the steps to fill the application form.
Step 1. First, the candidates have to register themselves to fill the application form. Candidates name, email id and Contact details will be required for the registration process.
Step 2. After the registration, a Registration Id and password will be generated.
Step 3. Candidates can use the same Id and password to fill out the application form.
Step 4. Candidates also have to pay the application fee to successfully submit the application form.
Candidates can check below the application fee as per last year exam.
|Category||Fees in Rs.|
|General and OBC||800|
RBI Grade B 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check below the eligibility criteria for RBI Grade B 2019.
Age Limit – The applicant should be more than 21 years of age and less than 30 years of age, as on May 01 2019. Applicants can check below the relaxation in upper age limit below.
- SC/ST – 5 years
- OBC – 3 years
- J&K (Domicile issued between January 01, 1980, to the December 31, 1989) – 5 years
- Ex-Service Men – 5 years
- PwD – 10 years
Nationality – Applicant should be an Indian citizen. The citizens of Nepal, Bhutan, Tibet, Refugee, Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, The United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam can also apply only if they want to settle in India permanently.
Educational Qualification – Different educational qualification is required for each post. Candidates can check below the requirements for each post.
- Minimum aggrgate marks needed:
|Post||Min. Marks in class 10 and 12||Min. Marks in UG||Min Mars in PG|
|Officers in Gr B (DR) – General||– 60%|
– 50% in case of SC/ST/PwBD
– 50% in case of SC/ST/PwBD
|Officers in Gr B (DR) – DEPR||NA||NA||– 55%|
– 50% in case of SC/ST/PwBD
|Officers in Gr B (DR) – DSIM||NA||NA||– 55%|
– 50% in case of SC/ST/PwBD
- Subjects needed in Masters for the Officers in Gr B (DR) – DEPR and Officers in Gr B (DR) – DSIM
|Officers in Gr B (DR) – DEPR||A Master’s Degree in Economics / Econometrics / Quantitative Economics / Mathematical Economics / Integrated Economics Course/ Finance/PGDM/ MBA Finance/Master’s Degree in Economics in any of the sub-categories of economics i.e.agricultural/ business/ developmental/ applied|
|Officers in Gr B (DR) – DSIM||A Master’s Degree in Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Mathematical Economics/|
Econometrics/ Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Kharagpur/ Applied Statistics &
Informatics from IIT-Bombay/Master’s Degree in Mathematics/M. Stat. Degree of Indian Statistical Institute/Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics (PGDBA) jointly offered by ISI Kolkata, IIT Kharagpur and IIM Calcutta
Number of Attempts – General category students who have appeared for paper 1 six times are no more eligible. Whereas there is no bar for the reserved category to appear for the exam.
RBI Grade B 2019 Vacancies
Candidates can check below the number of vacancies for different posts for recruitment in RBI.
|Officers in Grade B (DR General)||156|
|Officers in Grade B (DR DEPR)(Department of Economic and Policy Research)||20|
|Officers in Grade B (DR DSIM)(Department of Statistics and Information Management)||23|
RBI Grade B 2019 Syllabus
Candidates can check below the syllabus as per last year’s exam.
Syllabus for Phase 1
RBI Grade B Reasoning syllabus.
- Blood relation
- Inference, assumption, argument and conclusions based on statements
- Coding – decoding
- Data sufficiency and Interpretation
- Analogy Test
- Seating arrangement
- Weight arrangement
- Classification (Odd Man Out) Test
- Inequality based statement-conclusions
- Logical reasoning based on the paragraph.
- Find the odd words in the group
- Direction and Distance Test
- Series Test
- Problems on symmetry and visual ability
RBI Grade B English Language Syllabus
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze test(fill in the blanks)
- Sentence Formation
- Para jumbles
RBI Grade B Quantitative Aptitude
- Data Interpretation
- Quadratic Equation Comparison
- Data Sufficiency
- Time Speed and Distance
Syllabus for Phase 2
Economic and Social Issues (Paper 1)
- Growth and Development
- Measurement of growth: National Income and per capita income
- Poverty Alleviation and Employment Generation in India
- Sustainable Development and Environmental issues.
- Economic Reforms in India – Industrial and Labour Policy
- Monetary and Fiscal Policy
- Role of Economic Planning.
- Globalization – Opening up of the Indian Economy – Balance of Payments, Export-Import Policy – International Economic Institutions – IMF and World Bank – WTO – Regional Economic Co-operation.
- Social Structure in India – Multiculturalism – Demographic Trends – Urbanization and Migration – Gender Issues – Social Justice
- Positive Discrimination in favor of the underprivileged – Social Movements – Indian Political System – Human Development – Social Sectors in India, Health and Education.
Finance and Management (Paper-III)
- Financial System
- Financial Markets
- General Topics
- Management: its nature and scope
- The Management Processes
- Planning, Organisation, Staffing, Directing and Controlling
- The Role of a Manager in an Organisation.
- Leadership: The Tasks of a Leader; Leadership Styles
- Leadership Theories; A successful Leader versus an effective Leader. Human Resource Development: Concept of HRD
- Goals of HRD; Performance Appraisal – Potential appraisal and development – Feedback and Performance Counselling – Career Planning – Training and Development – Rewards – Employee Welfare. Motivation,
- Reserve Bank of India Services Board, Mumbai Advt. No. 5A/2016-17 Page 28 of 34
- Morale and Incentives: Theories of Motivation
- How Managers Motivate; Concept of Morale; Factors determining morale; Role of Incentives in Building up Morale.
- Communication: Steps in the Communication Process; Communication Channels; Oral versus Written Communication
- Verbal versus non-verbal Communication
- Upward, downward and lateral communication
- Barriers to Communication, the Role of Information Technology. Corporate Governance: Factors affecting Corporate Governance
- Mechanisms of Corporate Governance.
RBI Grade B 2019 Selection Process
It is a four phase selection process.
- First the candidates have to appear for preliminary exam (PHASE 1)
- Candidates who qualify the preliminary exam are eligible to appear for the Phase 2 exam.
- Candidates who qualify the Phase 2 exam will be called for Interview round
- The final selection of candidates will be on the basis of both the Written exam and the interview round.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) was founded in 1935. It is fully owned by the Government of India and plays a major role in the economic development of India and development of a strategy for the Government of India. It controls the issuance and supply of rupee. It conducts recruitment for government job seekers and bank job aspirants. Their recruitment is done for several posts from time to time. RBI has four regional representation South in Chennai, East in Kolkata, West in Mumbai and North in New Delhi.
RBI Grade B 2019 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : The selection process consists of PHase-1 preliminary exam, phase-2 exam and personal interview. The final selection is made on the basis of candidate's performance in all the 3 phases of the recruitment process.
Ans : You must take photo ID proof along with the admit card to the exam centre for all the stages of RBI Grade B exam.
Ans : There are 3 papers in RBI Grade 3 exam. The first paper will be Economic and Social Issues, the second will be English (writing skills) anf the last paper will be Finance and Management.
Ans : The paper will be of 2 hours with 200 objective type questions.
Ans : There are total of 199 vacancies for RBI Grade B recruitment 2019.
Ans : Yes, the result of all the stages of the recruitment process is declared separately.