RPF SI PET and PMT 2019 – The dates for the RPF SI PET and PMT 2019 Group A and B second round exam date has been announced. Candidates who have secured the cutoff marks are called for Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and Physical Measurement Test (PMT). Total 12678 candidates have cleared the CBT round and are going to appear for the PET. In the PMT test, a candidate’s height is measured, and in the case of males, the chest size is also taken into consideration. The PET requires a candidate to showcase the jumping and running abilities in a specific time limit. Check more details information about the RPF SI PET and PMT 2019 from this page.
RPF SI PET and PMT 2019
Candidates qualifying the CBT exam are called for PET and PMT. The RPF SI PET is based upon the robustness of a candidate. Candidates can check the important dates of RPF SI PET and PMT 2019 from the table below.
|RPF SI PET and PMT 2019||Dates|
|RPF SI CBT||19 Dec to 13 Jan 2019|
|Availability of PET / PMT Admit Card for Group E||07 Feb 2019|
|Issuance of PET / PMT Admit Card for Group F||08 Feb 2019|
|RPF SI PET / PMT Admit Card for Group A||27 Feb 2019|
|RPF SI PET / PMT exam dates for Group E and F||Last week of Feb 2019|
|Exam dates for RPF SI PET / PMT Group A||19 to 20 Mar 2019|
|RPF SI PET / PMT exam dates for Group C||23 to 25 Mar 2019|
|RPF SI PET / PMT exam dates for Group B and D||24 to 25 Mar 2019|
|RPF SI PET / PMT exam dates for Group E Second Round||1st week of Apr 2019|
|RPF SI PET / PMT exam dates for Group A Second Round||2nd week of Apr 2019|
|RPF SI PET / PMT exam dates for Group B Second Round||3rd week of Apr 2019|
Attestation Form: The RPF SI Attestation Form for Medical Exam is available now. Click here
Who are Selected for RPF SI PET and PMT 2019?
Candidates clearing the RPF SI Computer Based Test (CBT) are called for the PET and PMT examinations. The number of candidates shortlisted is 10 times more than the number of vacancies. The merit list is prepared for the candidates who have been shortlisted for the PET / PMT on the basis of the performance in the CBT. While the CBT is a marks based examination, the PET is just a qualifying exam. PET is qualifying in nature but it is mandatory for the candidates to clear the exam as then only they are going to be eligible for the next round. Candidates, who get selected for PET, need to also have the required measurements or they are disqualified.
Details About RPF SI PET and PMT 2019
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
In the Physical Efficiency Test, a candidate’s physical abilities are examined. One needs to perform tasks like running and jumping, within a time period. Here are the requirements for both the male and female candidates.
|Candidate||Test Type||Distance and Time||Chances|
|Male||1600 M running||6 minutes 30 Seconds||1|
|Long Jump||12 feet||2|
|High Jump||3 feet 9 Inches||2|
|Female||800 M Running||4 minutes||1|
|Long Jump||9 feet||2|
|High Jump||3 feet||2|
Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
The Physical Measurement Test is done to determine the height of a candidate. For males, a chest measurement is also done. Candidates should meet the specifications in order to move further in the Selection Process. Here is the PMT criteria for both male and female given in the table below.
For Male Candidates
|Cateogry||Height(In Centimeters)||Unexpanded Chest Size(In Centimeters)||Expanded Chest Size(In Centimeters)|
|Garwhalis, Gorkhas, Marathas, Dogras, Kumaonese, and other categories specified by the Government||160||80||85|
For Female Candidates
|Garwhalis, Gorkhas, Marathas, Dogras, Kumaonese, and other categories specified by the Government||155|
RPF SI Admit Card for PET / PMT 2019
RPF has issued the Admit for the RPF SI PET / PMT examination Group A, B, E and F. The Admit Card can be downloaded from the official website of the RPF SI, si.rpfonlinereg.org. The Admit Card contains important details like a Name of Candidate, Date of Birth, Test Centre, Session, Date of the Exam, Exam time, etc. The RPF SI Admit Card is an important document and is produced on the day of the Physical Efficiency Test along with valid photo id proof, and passport size photograph. Without the Admit Card, a candidate will not be allowed to take the exam. So, do not forget to carry it on the day of the exam.
RPF SI Medical Exam 2019
The final merit list for RPF SI Group F has been released. Those candidates whose names are in the merit list are eligible for the medical exam. The medical fitness test is going to be conducted at the Railway Hospitals. Candidates are required to qualify the medical standard ‘B-1’ as per laid by the Indian Railways in the medical manual.
Candidates having a flat foot, knock knee, squint eyes, color blindness, wears glasses or any other bodily impairments are not be considered for the final appointment. Students should am sure that on the day of medical exam they carry the attestation form in the prescribed format. The attestation form link is given above on this page.
How to Prepare for RPF SI PET 2019
For the RPF SI PET requires a candidate to be disciplined and follow the schedule with devotion. Here are some points related to the RPF SI PET preparation-
Importance of schedule
- It is preferable to make a morning based schedule for running exercises. The body absorbs all the nutrients at night and the energy to perform the running exercises is highest in the morning, and the calories are burned in a better way too.
Importance of Diet and Hydration
- Make sure you cut oily foods from your diet. Eat green vegetables, consume protein based diets and avoid trans fat at all cost. You can include citrus fruits like oranges in your diet. Green vegetables and a healthy salad can help in the supplementation of nutrition.
- Drink a lot of water during the exercises and also throughout the day. It is essential to be hydrated to avoid cramps and dehydration problems.
Tips related to Exercises
- Make sure you do the leg exercises like squats in a proper way as it can help in avoiding the injuries and extract the maximum out of their exercises.
- Candidates should engage in physical activities like swimming, cycling, and mountain climbing. These activities build leg muscles, which will help better the running and jumping abilities.
- Do a lot of stretching before the exercises and make sure your body is properly warmed up. It helps in avoiding injuries and also improving the flexibility of the body.
- Make sure you do some breathing exercises to increase lung capacity. High lung capacity and efficient breathing means that the body can be pushed during the exercises. It also helps in increasing the durability of a body.
- Playing some form of sports can also help in the preparation. Sports like Basketball require a lot of jumping and running in a quick space of time, while playing football requires a lot of stamina and body strength as well. Always remember to warm down after any intense physical activity, it helps in increasing the durability of a body.