RSMSSB Librarian Syllabus 2020 – The Rajasthan Subordinate and Ministerial Services Selection Board (RSMSSB) has released a total of 700 vacancies for the recruitment of Librarian Grade III. From this page candidates can download the complete syllabus for RSMSSB Librarian Recruitment 2020. The syllabus is also available on the official website i.e rsmssb.rajasthan.gov.in. For the preparation of the RSMSSB Librarian Recruitment 2020 examination, the syllabus is required as it covers all the important topics and helps to prepare a strategy about how and from where to start the preparation. For complete details regarding RSMSSB Librarian Syllabus 2020 read the article below.
RSMSSB Librarian Syllabus 2020
The RSMSSB Librarian 2020 Syllabus includes subjects like General Knowledge, Library & Information Science and the Basic Knowledge of Computer. From below candidates can check or download the complete syllabus for RSMSSB Librarian Syllabus 2020.
RSMSSB Librarian Syllabus 2020
Eligible candidates can check the complete syllabus and exam pattern for RSMSSB Librarian recruitment 2020 from below.
|B||Library and Information Science and|
Basic Knowledge of Computer
- Type of exam – Objective type Questions.
- Total duaration of exam – 3hrs
- Total no of Question – 150
- Total marks – 300 Marks.
- For every wrong answer – 1/3 marks will be deducted.
RSMSSB Librarian Syllabus 2020 consists of 2 parts-
Part A – General Knowledge
Part B – Library and Information Science and Basic Knowledge of Computer
Foundation of library and information Science:
- Concept of library
- Information and society
- Information society,
- Library as a social institution
- Types of libraries: Academic
- Special and Public National Library of India,
- Five laws of library science and their implications
- Concept of information literacy
- Library movement in India,
- Library legislation, Library acts in India
- Intellectual property rights and law
- Censorship, Extension activities, and public relation work,
- Role and activities of I.L.A., IFLA, and UNESCO and RRRLF
- Library resource sharing.
Library Classification and Cataloguing:
- Definition, need, purpose and function
- Notation: Types and qualities.
- Main features of Colon Classification and Dewey Decimal
- Classification Schemes
- Principles of helpful sequence
- General aspects of common
- isolates/standard sub-divisions
- Devices used in C. C. and D.D. C.
- Steps in practical, classification
- Library Cataloguing: Definition, need, purpose and function
- History of Classified Catalogue Code and Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Kinds of entries: Main entry and added entries of Classified Catalogue Code,
- Kind of catalogue: Classified and dictionary,
- Physical and inner forms of catalogue,
- Subject cataloging and chain procedure, OPAC
Library Organisation and Management:
- General and scientific principles of management and their implication to library administration.
- Function of administration
- Sections of a library: Acquisition section -Book selection, procedure and accessioning
- Technical processing section (Classification and Cataloguing of books)
- Periodical section
- Circulation section: Newark and Browne, Maintenance: Open access system
- care and repair (binding) of books and journals
- Stock rectification and verification
- Library display
- Library rules
- Library statistics,
Reference Service and Information Sources:
- Reference and Information Services: Need and purpose
- Ready reference service
- Long range reference service,
- Reference service in School and public library,
- Organisation of reference department,
- Qualities of a reference librarian,
- CAS and SDI
- Information Sources: Need and types: Primary
- Secondary and tertiary
Basics of Computer:
- Introduction to computer-Characteristics
- use, and types of computers
- Computer generations, and computer architecture: Hardware
- Input and output devices
- Software: Need, purpose, and types
- Operating system
- Library software: Proprietary
- Open source software.
- Role of library automation.
- Use of the Internet in libraries.
- Electronic Resources: E-Books, E-Journals, databases.
Click here to download the complete RSMSSB Librarian Syllabus 2020
Official website: rsmssb.rajasthan.gov.in