TN Postal Circle MTS Recruitment 2020 – Tamil Nadu Postal Circle has released the official notification for TN Postal Circle MTS recruitment. Candidates can get the official notification on the official website tamilnadupost.nic.in. TN Postal Circle MTS 2020 exam is scheduled on March 15, 2020. Candidates have to take two papers for TN postal circle MTS recruitment having 10 minutes break. The post advertised is of Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) cadre. To get complete information related to TN Postal Circle MTS recruitment 2020 application form, examination pattern, syllabus, vacancies, and other information read the complete article.
TN Postal Circle MTS Recruitment 2020
The recruitment process for TN Postal Circle MTS recruitment 2020 is for the vacancy 20198 and vacancy 2019. Get the important dates for TN Postal Circle MTS Recruitment 2020 from the table provided below:
|TN Postal Circle MTS Recruitment 2020||Important Dates|
|Date of notification||04 Feb 2020|
|Last date for the submission of the application form at divisional office||17 Feb 2020|
|Last date for the receipt of the application form at RO by divisional office||24 Feb 2020|
|Last date for sending copy is the final permitted list of candidates to circle office by Regional Office||28 Feb 2020|
|Issue of Admit Card||02 Mar 2020|
|Date of examination||15 Mar 2020|
TN Postal Circle MTS Recruitment 2020 Notification
The official notification for TN Postal Circle 2020 has been released. Candidates can get TN Postal Circle MTS Recruitment 2020 official notification by clicking on the image provided below:
TN Postal Circle MTS Recruitment 2020 Vacancies
The recruitment for TN postal service MTS recruitment is done for the year 2018 and 2019. Check the number of vacancies released for TN Postal Service Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) cadre below.
For the year 2019
For the year 2018
TN Postal Circle MTS Application Form 2020
The process for the submission of application form is carried in offline mode. Get more details about the TN Postal Circle MTS application form 2020 below:
- Candidates have to send offline application form for TN Postal Circle MTS Recruitment 2020.
- The last date for the submission is Feb 17, 2020.
- Applicants must attach 02 passport size photographs with the application form.
- While sending the application form from Divisional office to regional office, one photograph is affixed on the form. One photo should be attested on the form and the other one is retained by the division.
- The regional office has the right to finalise eligible candidates for the examination.
- If no application is received by the office, a NIL report is sent to the circle office.
TN Postal Circle MTS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before beginning with the application procedure, refer to the eligibility criteria for TN Postal Circle MTS Recruitment 2020 below:
- Candidates who have worked earlier as Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) on regular basis for 03 years are eligible.
- There is not any educational qualification specified for TN Postal Circle MTS Recruitment 2020.
- Age limit: There is no upper age limit for Gramin Dak Sevak.
TN Postal Circle MTS Recruitment 2020 Exam Pattern
Check the examination pattern for TN Postal Circle MTS Recruitment 2020:
- Nature of examination: Competitive examination.
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions
- Maximum marks: 100 in 2 parts (60 marks for Part 1 and 40 marks for Part 2)
- Duration of examination: 01 hours (60 minutes)
- Language of examination: Bilingual – question paper is designed in Hindi and English language.
- Language of the answer: Not applicable as the questions are asked in MCQ format
- Nature of examination: Paper 2 of TN Postal Circle MTS is qualifying in nature
- Type of questions: The question paper is set in 2 forms- multiple choice question type and subjective type.
- Maximum marks: 50 marks
- Duration of examination: 01 hour (60) minutes
- Language of examination: Question paper is set in Bilingual language (Hindi and English)
- Language of answer: As per the language of the question
TN Postal Circle MTS Recruitment 2020 Syllabus
Get the syllabus for TN Postal Circle MTS Recruitment 2020 below:
Syllabus for Paper 1 Part A
Post Office Guide Part 1
- Organization of the department
- Type of post offices
- Business hours
- Payment of postage, stamps and stationery
- General rules as to packing, sealing and posting, manner of affixing postage stamps
- Methods of address
- Postboxes and postbags
- Duties of letterbox peon
- Official postal articles
- Prohibited postal articles
- Products and services: Mails, Banking and Remittances, insurance, Stamps and business (reference India Post Website)
Postal Manual Volume V
Syllabus for Paper 1 Part B
- Indian geography
- General knowledge
- Indian culture and freedom struggle
- Ethics and morale study
- Profit and loss
- Simple interest
- Time and work
- Time and distance
- Unitary method
Syllabus for Paper 2
- Translation of words from English to local language
- Translation of words from local language to English
- Letter writing in local language
- Paragraph/short essay in the local language
TN Postal Circle MTS Recruitment 2020 Examination Timings
In the official notification, the examination timings for TN Postal Cirlce MTS recruitment has been released. There is only 10 minutes break between Paper 1 and Paper 2. However, candidates are not allowed to leave the examination hall/centre. Check the examination timings in the table provided below:
|Paper 1||10:00 AM to 11:00 PM|
|Paper 2||11:00 AM to 12:00 PM|
TN Postal Circle MTS Recruitment 2020 Examination Centre
The examination for TN Postal Circle MTS Recruitment 2020 will be conducted at the following examination centres. APS candidates have to appear on the day of examination from the regional centre, to which they belong.
Qualifying Marks for TN Postal Circle MTS Recruitment 2020
Check the qualifying marks for TN Postal Circle MTS Recruitment 2020 for each paper and category below.
Qualifying marks for Paper 1
Qualifying marks for Paper 2
Criteria for Selection for TN Postal Circle MTS Recruitment 2020
Check the criteria for the selection as Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) under TN Postal Circle Recruitment below:
- The examination of Paper 1 and Paper 2 is conducted in continuity
- Candidates have to secure qualifying marks in each paper for selection. However, the merit list is prepared based on the marks secured in Paper 1. Marks of Paper 2 is not added as it is qualifying in nature.
- The number of candidates selected is equal to the number of vacancies.
- If any vacancy remain unfilled due to non-joining of the candidate, then the next candidate is called for selection.
About TN Postal Circle
Tamil Nadu Postal Circle is one of the 22 postal circles in the country. It holds to the responsibility to manage regular functioning of Head offices, Sub post offices and branch post offices. The department of postal circle posts issues the notification for Tamil Nadu Postal Circle recruitment for various posts. To name a few postman, mail guard in postal and multi-tasking staff.
Official website: tamilnadupost.nic.in
For more information related to TN Postal Circle MTS Recruitment 2020, download notification