The Teachers Recruitment Board, Tamil Nadu, has announced the recruitment of 3375 (Revised vacancies) teachers. The applications had been invited to fill the vacancies for Post Graduate Assistant and Physical Education Director (Grade -1). The application form for the recruitment had also been released. The candidates had applied online, from this page. Check more details about TRB Recruitment 2017 PG Assistant and PD Director from this page.
|Application Form||Click Here|
|Admit Card||Click Here|
|Answer key||Click Here|
TRB Recruitment 2017 for PG Assistant and PE Director Post
As per the notification, 1712 additional vacancies in the Department of School Education are also added and totally for 3375 vacancies are hereby notified. These 1712 vacancies are also considered for the selection process along with the 1663 vacancies already
notified vide the above-said notification.
Click here to check Addendum to Notification regarding vacancies.
The pay scale under TRB recruitment is Rs. 9300 – 34800 but the Grade Pay of the candidates will be Rs. 4800.
The Important Dates of TRB Recruitment 2017 are as below:
|Official notification was released on||May 09, 2017|
|Online application form were released on||May 10, 2017|
|Last date to submit the application form||May 30, 2017|
|Written examination held on||July 02, 2017|
|Result of exam||August 11, 2017|
Eligibility Criteria of TRB Recruitment 2017
It is utmost important to fulfill the eligibility criteria. Candidates who will not be satisfy the eligibility requirement will not be recruited. The criteria needed to be met are as below:
Age Limit: The age of the aspirant must not have exceeded 57 years, as on July 01, 2017.
Education Qualification: Candidates must possess a B.Ed. degree, from a recognised University/Institute, in relevant subject.
- The institute from where the degree has been awarded must have been recognised by University Grants Commission.
- Candidates must have passed 10, 12, and UG course, before attaining the B.Ed degree.
- If candidate is applying for the post of Physical Director Grade-I, then they need to possess M.P.Ed Degree as well.
Who are not eligible for TRB Recruitment 2017
- Those who attained their degree after after undergoing a course of 1 year.
- A candidate, who obtained any of 10, 12 or UG, PG degree together.
Reservation Under TRB Recruitment 2017
There is a vertical and horizontal reservation under TRB Recruitment 2017 and it goes as below:
Vertical Reservation – Communal reservation of 69% will be as per the rules of Government. The distribution of it is a below:
- SC – 18%
- ST – 1%
- BC – 26.5%
- OBC – 3.5%
- MBC – 20%
The remaining 31% shall be filled on the basis of merit list.
Horizontal Reservation – The reservation of 30% is applicable for women. Person who studied in Tamil Nadu have the privilege of 20% reservation. Lastly, for the person with disability there is 3% reservation. However, it should be noted that there is no reservation for deaf candidates.
Application Form of TRB Recruitment 2017
The application form for TRM Recruitment 2017 are only available online. To submit the application form, the candidates will have to first details about themselves and the education qualification that they had. Candidates who will be making any sort of claims will be required to submit the respective certificate supporting the claim.
Application Fee: Submitting application fee is also important. The form will not be accepted, if the fee is not paid.
The fee amount for applying is Rs. 500. However, candidates belonging to SC/ST category need to remit Rs. 250.
- Net Banking
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
Exam Pattern of TRB Recruitment 2017
The pattern of exam is as mentioned below:
- Duration – 3 hours
- Total Questions – 150
- Type of Questions – Multiple Choice Type (MCQs)
- Sections in the Exam – 3
The table below will help candidates in understanding the pattern of the written examination better:
|Subject||Number of Questions|
Syllabus of TRB Recruitment 2017
The syllabus of the examination has been provided by the conducting body. It has been given separately for the following subjects:
|General Knowledge||Check Here|
|Political Science||Check Here|
|Physical Education Director Grade I||Check Here|
|Education Methodology||Check Here|
|Micro Biology||Check Here|
Cutoff of TRB Recruitment 2017
The candidates must score 50% marks in the examination. The candidates who will score above 50% will be considered for recruitment.
- It should be noted that for the SC and ST candidates, the minimum qualifying percentage is 45% and 40%, respectively.
Selection procedure for TRB Recruitment 2017
Candidates will be selected on the basis of the performance in written examination and awarding weightage marks during Certificate Verification.
Once the certificate verification is done, the following marks will be awarded to the candidates:
|Particulars||Number of Years||Marks|
|Period of wait after registration in the Professional & Executive Employment Office, Chennai – 600 004.||Less than 1 year||0|
|1 to 3 years||1|
|3 to 5 years||2|
|5 to 10 years||3|
|Above 10 years||4|
|Experience of teaching in their PG Degree Major Subject for Hr. Sec. Classes in a recognised School.||1 to 2 years||1|
|2 to 5 years||2|
|Above 5 years||3|
How to Prepare for TRB Recruitment 2017
- First and foremost, the candidates are advised to master their main subject. It will carry the highest weightage and the candidates must prepare it well.
- To crack the General Knowledge section, it is advised that candidates read news papers and subscribe to magazines, such as Competition Success.
- Education Methodology is a very practical subject which cannot be learned just by reading. Candidates need to understand the facets of it.
- To crack the recruitment entrance exam, the candidates must prepare a time-table and prepare according to it.