UPSC SO/Steno Result 2021 – Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) releases the result for SO/Steno 2021 online. Candidates can check their result for Section Officer or stenographer at upsc.gov.in. After the declaration of the written exam result, candidates are called for the evaluation of service record. Aspirants who applied for stenographers, have to undergo shorthand test (qualifying in nature). Get information related to UPSC SO/Steno result 2021 including the process to check result, previous year cut-off, selection procedure, etc, from this article.
UPSC SO/Steno Result 2021
UPSC releases SO/Steno result in merit list format. The names and roll number of selected candidates are provided on the merit list. Important dates for UPSC SO/Steno recruitment 2021 is given below.
|Exam date||11 & 12 Dec 2021|
|Declaration of result||To be announced|
Check result here: Candidates can check UPSC SO/Steno result 2021 at upsc.gov.in.
UPSC SO Steno 2021 Result Date
The UPSC SO/ Steno exam is now over. Last time, UPSC SO Steno exam was organized in the year 2015 on October 17, 2015. The result for the same was released on January 20, 2021. However, this year, it is expected that UPSC shall declare UPSC SO Steno 2021 result soon most probably next month.
Categories for UPSC SO/Steno 2021
The different categories under which UPSC releases vacancies for SO/Steno are as follows:
- Category 1 – Section Officers’ Grade of the Central Secretariat Service
- Category 2 – Sections Officers’ Grade (Integrated Grade II & III) of the General Cadre of the Indian Foreign Service, Branch ‘B’
- Category 3 – Section Officers’ Grade of the Railway Board Secretariat Service
- Category 4 – Private Secretary Grade of the Central Secretariat Stenographers’ Service
- Category 5 – Grade I of the Stenographers’ Cadre of the Indian Foreign Service, Branch ‘B’
- Category 6 – Grade ‘A & ‘B’ merged of the Armed Forces Headquarters Stenographers’ Service
- Category 7 – Grade ‘B’ of the Railway Board Secretariat Stenographer’s Service
- Category 8 – Section Officers’ Grade of the Intelligence Bureau
- Category 9 – Private Secretary Grade in Employees’ State Insurance Corporation
UPSC SO/Steno 2021 Selection Procedure
The selection of candidates is done through 2 stages –
- Written examination: Candidates have to take a written examination which is common for both the posts – section officer (SO) and stenographer. Syllabus for written examination is different for different categories. Candidates have to secure the minimum qualifying marks as prescribed by the Commission. After written examination, stenographers have to take shorthand test as well.
- Evaluation of service record: In this, the work experience of the candidates are taken into consideration. Different categories have different service requirements which are verified.
Shorthand stage for UPSC SO/Steno 2021
Applicants who applied for the post of stenographers have to go through shorthand test as well. Candidates are called for the evaluation of service record once they qualify written and shorthand tests. Some of the important information about the shorthand test is as follows:
- Shorthand test is conducted in Hindi or English language.
- It is qualifying in nature.
- The required speed for stenographer is 100 WPM.
- Candidates have to transcribe shorthand notes on the system provided to them at the exam centre by the commission.
- Candidate competing for category IV, V, VI, VII and IX are required to take shorthand test.
How to check UPSC SO/Steno Result 2021?
Result for UPSC SO/Steno releases in online in PDF form. To check UPSC SO/Steno result, follow the steps given below.
1st step: Visit the official website of upsc.gov.in or click on the direct link provided on this page.
2nd step: Once on the home page, click on ‘written result’ tab.
3rd step: After clicking on the appropriate link, candidates can check their result for UPSC SO/Steno 2021.
4th step: Download the merit list and check the status of selection.
UPSC SO/Steno Cut Off 2021
The cut-off marks for previous year UPSC SO/Steno is provided below.
Cut-off for the year 2014
Information about UPSC SO/Steno 2021
Following are some points marking important information about UPSC SO/Steno 2021:
- UPSC SO/Steno LDCE is a competitive examination and not qualifying examination.
- The number of candidates listed on the select list is within the competence of the government.
- If the candidate has qualified the examination, the final selection is done after cross-checking the eligibility of the particular category. If on verification candidate is found ineligible, their candidature for the examination is cancelled.
- The minimum qualifying marks as per previous year notification is 40% marks for evaluation of service record. Candidate’s ranking depends upon the marks secured in the evaluation of service.
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) was set up on October 01, 1926. UPSC is India’s central recruiting agency which conducts the recruitment process for Central Services and All India Services. The function of the Commission, under Article 320 of the Indian constitution, is direct recruitment which is done through interview. It works for the appointment of offers, on promotion, deputation, and absorption of the civil servants. UPSC frames and amends the recruitment rules for various services and rules. UPSC constitutes of total 11 members which include Arvind Saxena as chairman and 10 other members.