Uttarakhand Board of School Education, Government of Uttarakhand had released the notification for the Uttarakhand Teacher Eligibility Test (UTET) 1 & 2 2017. The OMR applications were invited from the candidates seeking job opportunities for the post of the Teachers for the Classes I – VIII. The eligible candidates were able to apply by obtaining the application form from the various post offices situated in the different districts of the State along with the payment of the prescribed amount. The UTET 1 & 2 2017 are going to be conducted on December 15, 2017. The candidates can appear for both the papers i.e. UTET 1 2017 is for Classes I-V and UTET 2 2017 is for the Classes VI-VIII and they are going to be held at the different time schedule. To get all the relevant information regarding the ÚTET 1 & 2 2017 such as eligibility criteria, application process, selection process, admit card etc, the candidates can refer to the information or the official website.
The candidates who are willing to apply for the test are required to fulfill the eligibility criteria specified by the conducting body for the concerned post. The applications will be accepted from those candidates only who are eligible as per the prescribed criteria. The candidates will have to go through the various stages of the recruitment process such as filling the application form, downloading the admit card, appearing the UTET 1 & 2 2017 examination and lastly being selected for the desired post. As the application process has started today i.e. September 1, 2017, therefore, the candidates can start filling the application forms and must complete the application process before the last date for submission of the form.
Important Dates for the UTET 1 & 2 2017
The candidates who are going to appear for the recruitment process need to go through the important dates regarding the Uttarakhand Teacher Eligibility Test (UTET) 2017 as given in the table below:
|Availability of Application Form||September 1, 2017|
|Last Date for Obtaining the Application Form||September 27, 2017|
|Last Date for Submission of Duly Filled Application Form||September 30, 2017|
|Date of UTET 1||December 15, 2017 (10:00 am – 12:30 pm)|
|Date of UTET 2||December 15, 2017 (2:00 pm – 4:30 pm)|
|UTET Advertisement||Click Here|
|UTET Application Form||Click Here|
|UTET Admit Card||Click Here|
|UTET Answer Key||Click Here|
|UTET Result||Click Here|
Eligibility Criteria for UTET 1 and 2 2017
The candidates who are willing to apply for the recruitment process of the offered post need to satisfy the eligibility conditions prescribed by the conducting body. As both the papers are going to be conducted for different classes, therefore, the following eligibility criteria is also different for the candidates as given below:
For UTET 1 2017 (Classes I – V)
The eligibility conditions for the primary teachers consist of the following minimum qualification as mentioned below:
- Senior secondary (or its equivalent) with the minimum 50% marks and 2 years Diploma in Elementary Education ((D.EL.Ed/ BTC)
- Senior secondary (or its equivalent) with minimum 45% marks and 2 years Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known), in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure) as per the Regulations 2002.
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with the minimum 50% marks and 4-year preliminary Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.EI.ED)
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) and education with minimum 50% marks and 2 years Diploma in Education (Special Education)
- Graduation (or its equivalent) and 2 years Diploma in Elementary Education (D.EI.Ed)/ BTC.
- Siksha Mitra who passed 2 years Diploma (D.EL.Ed) from IGNOU.
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and D.Ed/B.Ed (Special Education).
For UTET 2 2017 (Classes VI – VIII)
The eligibility conditions for the Higher primary teachers consist of the following minimum qualification as mentioned below:
- Graduation (or its equivalent) and passed or appearing in final year of 2 years Diploma ((B.T.C/ D.EL.Ed) in Elementary Education.
- Graduation (or its equivalent) with minimum 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1 year Bachelor (B.Ed/L.T/Shiksha Shastri) in Education.
- Graduation (or its equivalent) with minimum 45% marks and passed or appearing in 1 year Bachelor (B.Ed/L.T/Siksha Shastri) in Education, in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure) Regulations issued from time to time in this regard.
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with minimum 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4 years Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.EL.ED).
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with minimum 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4 years B.A/ B.Sc.Ed or B.Sc.Ed.
- Graduation with minimum 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1 year B.Ed. (Special Education).
Selection Process for UTET 1 & 2 2017
The candidates will be selected on the basis of the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) 1 & 2 2017 for the mentioned post. The candidates need to obtain the minimum marks as per the qualifying standards to get selected for the recruitment to the desired post. The candidates need to go through all the stages of all the recruitment process which should be complete in all respects and within the given period of time.
How To Apply
The candidates are required to fill the application form by purchasing the required fee from the Post Offices of the various districts of the State.The candidates can apply as per the above-mentioned dates only. The requisite fee for UTET 1 & 2 2017 is as follows:
|Category||Only UTET 1 or UTET 2||Both UTET 1 and UTET 2|
|General/OBC||Rs. 600/-||Rs. 1000/-|
|SC/ST/Differently Abled Category||Rs. 300/-||Rs. 500/-|
The candidates have to fill the OMR Application Form complete in all respects and sent it by Speed Post/Registered Post to the prescribed address of the office of Secretary, Uttarakhand School Education Council, Ramnagar, Nainital Pin Code-244715. The candidates must complete the application process within the given time period as late and incomplete application forms will be rejected by the conducting body.
Admit Card for the UTET 1 & 2 2017
After the successful application process, the candidates can get the Admit Card in order to appear for the examination. The admit card will be available at the official website i.e. ubse.uk.gov.in under the link of Departmental Exam/UTET. It can only be obtained through the website; no candidates will get the admit card through any other mode. The candidates can download the admit card by entering their OMR application number or name and date of birth. The notification regarding the admit card will be provided to the candidates through the newspapers. The admit card will be an important document for the examination, therefore, it is mandatory for the candidates to carry it on the day of the examination.
Exam Pattern for UTET 1 & 2 2017
The Teacher Eligibility test will be based on multiple choice questions. Each question will be of 1 mark and there will not be given any negative marks for wrong answers. The exam duration is 2 hours 30 minutes and the total number of questions will be 150 questions. The distribution of the marks for the various sections are as follows:
For Primary Level (I – V) UTET 1
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Child development and padagazi||30||30|
For Higher Primary Level (VI-VIII) UTET 2
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Child development and padagazi||30||30|
|First Language (Hindi/English)||30||30|
|Second Language (Hindi/English/Sanskrit/Urdu)||30||30|
|Mathematics/Science(for Mathematics and Science Teachers)
Social Studies (for Social Studies Teachers)
Others (for Other Subject Teachers)
Declaration of Result
The result will be declared for the candidates who will appear for the Uttarakhand Teacher Eligibility Test (UTET) 1 & 2 2017. It will consist of the marks obtained by the candidates in the examination. On the basis of these marks, the candidates will be selected for the final selection of the recruitment to the concerned post. The selected candidates will also be provided with the Teacher Eligibility Test Certificate which will contain the following details along with the marks obtained by them in the examination.
Minimum Qualifying Marks
The candidates who will appear for the Teacher Eligibility Test will have to score minimum qualifying marks in order to be taken into consideration for the final selection. The category-wise qualifying marks are as follows:
- General – 60% marks
- SC/ST – 40% marks
- OBC/Differently Abled Class – 50% marks
The candidates who will qualify the examination will be strictly selected on the basis of the merit obtained by them as no other mode of selection will be accepted by the conducting body.