WBCS Answer Key 2022 – West Bengal Public Service Commission releases the answer key of the WBCS preliminary examination on the official website, wbpsc.gov.in. Candidates can get the answer keys of WBCS 2022 from this page. By using the WBCS 2022 answer key, candidates can calculate their tentative score, before the WBCS result is out finally. To know how to download the WBCS Answer Key 2022 and what is the marking scheme of the exam, read this article carefully.
WBCS Answer Key 2022
Refer to the table given below to know the important schedule related to the WBCS Answer Key 2022.
|Date of preliminary exam||20, 21, 22, and 24 May 2022|
|Availability of preliminary exam answer keys||To be announced|
|Submit Objections, if any||To be announced|
|Date of main exam||To be announced|
|Availability of main exam answer keys||to be announced|
Download Here: Candidates can download WBCS Answer Key 2022 from the official website, wbpsc.gov.in.
How to download the WBCS Answer Key 2022?
WBCS Answer Key is released, on the official website, which is pscwbonline.gov.in. Steps to download the answer key are given below:
- 1st step: Go to the official website, as mentioned above
- 2nd step: Answer key for WBCS will either be available on the home page or on the dashboard
- 3rd step: If the answer key is available on the home page then candidates can directly download it by clicking on the pdf. To get the answer key from the dashboard candidates have to log in
- 4th step: After downloading the pdf, candidates can compare their answers with the answers present in the answer key
- 5th step: Candidates can add +1 marks for every right and there is a provision of negative marking. Accordingly, they can calculate their score, by summing up the total amount
How to calculate the marks by WBCS Answer Key 2022
Calculating the marks from the WBCS answer key is simple. All a candidate has to do it, keep on adding +1 arks for every right answer and deduct the marks for wrong answers. In the end, sum up the count and they will be able to get their tentative final score. Aspirants can check out the marking scheme, exam pattern, and marks distributions below.
WBCS Marking Scheme
The preliminary exam of WBCS 2022 is based on General Studies and has 200 multiple choice questions of 200 marks. Candidates get two and a half hours to finish the paper. Questions asked in the exam are of graduate-level covering the following topics
- English Composition
- Current events of National & International Importance
- General Science
- Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal, History of India
- Indian National Movement
- Indian Polity and Economy and General Mental Ability
Marking Scheme: Each question carries 01 marks and there is a provision of negative marking for multiple-choice questions.
Important Update on Mark Deductions:
WBCS Qualifying Marks
Minimum qualifying marks for WBCS are decided by the commission. Aspirants once done calculating the scores can compare the tentative scores with qualifying marks to know the status of their selection. Here is the screenshot explaining the same:
What After WBCS Answer Key is out?
After the preliminary exam of WBCS 2022 is over, candidates who have qualified it will be called for the main examination. A preliminary exam is considered as the screening test to shortlist the candidates for the main exam. After clearing the main exam and personality test the WBCS result 2022 is declared on the official website.
Previous year Question paper, Solution & Answer key
Download WBCS 2020 answer key:
Click here to download WBCS Answer Key 2020.
Ans: The official answer key of WBCS Exam 2022 will be published separately for both prelims & mains examination.
Ans: Yes, you use the unofficial answer key just for reference purposes only. It is always advised to use the official answer key in order to calculate your marks & check your performance.
Ans: Yes, there is a negative marking of 1/3 for an incorrect answer in both the prelims & mains of the WBCS Exam.