WBCS 2020 Answer Key- West Bengal Public Service Commission has released answer key of WBCS preliminary examination. Candidates can get the answer keys of WBCS 2020 from this page. By using the WBCS 2020 answer key, candidates can calculate their tentative score, before the result is out finally. To know how to download the answer key of WBCS 2020 and what is the marking scheme of the exam, read this article carefully.
Latest: WBCS answer key 2020 is out. Scroll down to check the same.
WBCS 2020 Answer Key
Refer the table given below to know the important schedule related to the WBCS 2020 Answer Key 2020.
|Date of preliminary exam||09 Feb 2020|
|Availability of preliminary exam answer keys||10 Feb 2020|
|Date of main exam||19 Dec & 26 Dec 2020|
|Availability of main exam answer keys||to be announced|
Download Here: Click here to download WBCS 2020 Answer Key.
How to download the WBCS 2020 Answer Key?
WBCS 2020 Answer Key is released, on the official website, which is pscwbonline.gov.in. Steps to download the answer key are given below:
- Step 1: Go to the official website, as mentioned above
- Step 2: Answer key for WBCS will either be available on the home page or in the dashboard
- Step 3: If the answer key is available on the home page then candidates can directly download it by clicking on the pdf. To get the answer key from the dashboard candidates have to login
- Step 4: After downloading the pdf, candidates can compare their answers with the answers present in the answer key
- Step 5: Candidates can add +1 marks for every right and there is a provision of negative marking. Accordingly, they can calculate their score, by summing up the total amount
WBCS 2020 Marking Scheme
Preliminary exam of WBCS 2020 is based on General Studies and has 200 multiple choice questions of 200 marks. Candidates get two and a half hours to finish the paper. Questions asked in the exam are of graduate level covering the following topics
- English Composition
- Current events of National & International Importance
- General Science
- Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal, History of India
- Indian National Movement
- Indian Polity and Economy and General Mental Ability
Marking Scheme: Each question carries 01 marks and there is a provision of negative marking for multiple choice questions.
Important Update on Mark Deductions:
WBCS 2020 Answer Key & Qualifying Marks
Minimum qualifying marks for WBCS 2020 is decided by the commission. Here is the screenshot explaining the same:
How to calculate the marks by WBCS 2020 Answer Key
Calculating the marks from the WBCS 2020 Answer Key is a cakewalk. All a candidate has to do it, keep on adding +1 arks for every right answer and deduct the marks for wrong answers. At the end sum up the count and they will be able to get their tentative final score.
WBCS 2020 Result
After the preliminary exam of WBCS 2020 is over, candidates who have qualified it, will be called for the main examination. Preliminary exam is considered as the screening test to shortlist the candidates for main exam. After clearing the main exam and personality test the rsult for WBCS 2020 is declared on the official website.
Previous year Question paper, Solution & Answer key
WBCS 2020 Answer Key Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : The official answer key of WBCS Exam 2020 will be published separately for both prelims & mains examination.
Ans : Yes, you use the unofficial answer key just for the reference purposes only. It is always advised to use the official answer key in order to calculate your marks & to check your performance.
Ans : Yes, there is negative marking of 1/3 for an incorrect answer in the both the prelims & mains of WBCS Exam 2020.