AAI Recruitment Through GATE 2019: Airports Authority of India (AAI) has announced the recruitment of Junior Executive in various disciplines of engineering after completion of GATE 2019. Advt No. 03/2020 is published at the official website i.e. aai.aero inviting applications for recruitment into 150 vacancies. The online application process is commencing on August 03, 2020. The last date of submission of online applications is extended up to September 15, 2020. Eligible engineering graduates who have appeared GATE 2019 can apply for the recruitment. The selection of the candidates for the post of Junior Executive in Civil, Electrical, and Electronics is on the basis of GATE 2019 marks. Read this article to know more about AAI Recruitment Through GATE 2019.
Latest: The last date to apply for AAI Recruitment through GATE is now extended. Apply through the link provided below.
AAI Recruitment Through GATE 2019
The recruitment of Engineering graduates on the basis of GATE 2019 scores is being conducted by the AAI for three disciplines. 180 vacancies are announced out of which, 15 are for the Civil discipline, 15 are for the Electrical discipline and 150 are for the Electronics discipline. The selection of eligible applicants is done through documents verification for which, candidates are issued call letters as per schedule. Check the complete schedule of events related to AAI Recruitment Through GATE 2019 below.
|Start of online application||03 Aug 2020|
|Last date to apply online|
|Admit card release||To be announced|
|Document Verification||To be announced|
|Release of Merit lists||To be announced|
Apply Online: Click here to apply online for AAI Recruitment.
Latest updates on AAI Recruitment Through Gate 2019
Corrigendum regrading the extension of last date to apply and change of vacancies
The type of disability for the vacancies of PWD for the posts of Junior Executive (Engineering Civil) and Junior Executive (Engineering Electrical) posts has been changed. Also, the last date to apply online for AAI Recruitment Through Gate 2019 has been extended from September 02, 2020 to September 15, 2020. Check official notice below:
Eligibility Criteria For AAI Recruitment Through Gate 2019
AAI has specified the minimum conditions of eligibility for recruitment. Indian nationals who have attained the minimum age and possess the specified educational qualifications are eligible to apply for the recruitment. In addition, candidates must have appeared and completed the GATE 2019 exam since the selection is done on the basis of the GATE 2019 scores. Candidates are advised to ensure that they fulfil the below-mentioned minimum eligibility conditions before proceeding to apply online.
- Candidates within the maximum age of 27 years are eligible to apply
- Date of birth is accepted as recorded in Class 10/12 exam certificates.
- SC/ST candidates can avail relaxation of upto 05 years while OBC candidates can avail relaxation of upto 03 years.
- PWD candidates can avaail age relaxation of up to 10 years in addition to the relaxation based on their category.
- Candidates domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir between 01.01.1980 and 31.12.1989 can avail 05 years relaxation.
- Ex-servicemen can avail up to 5 years of relaxation.
- AAI regular service holders can avail relaxation by up to 10 years.
- The crucial date of determination of the age is the last date of submission of online applications.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Engineering degree in Civil, Electrical, Electronics, Telecommunications or Electrical (with specialization in Electronics) in order to apply for the recruitment.
- Must have obtained a minimum of 60% in the Bachelor’s Degree.
- The degree must be obtained from a recognized/deemed university or apex institute such as IIT.
Check out discipline-wise GATE Paper Codes below
|Name of post||GATE Code|
|Junior Executive Civil Engineering||CE|
|Junior Executive Electrical Engineering||EE|
|Junior Executive Electronics||EC|
Application Process for AAI Recruitment Through GATE 2019
Eligible candidates can apply online after ensuring that they fulfil all the specified minimum eligibility conditions. Candidates are advised in their own interest to ensure this before applying in order to avoid disqualification at later stages of selection. The complete guide to the application process can be checked below.
How to Apply Online?
In order to apply online, candidates have to visit the official website. The applications are accepted through this mode only and applications submitted through any other mode are rejected. Check out the simple step by step guide on the application process below.
- Go to the official website i.e. aai.aero and click on the “CAREERS” tab
- The link for submission of online applications can then be found under it. Click on the link
- Enter the necessary details to complete the registration and application process
- While filling up the form, ensure that all information is correct and supported by relevant documents.
- Make the payment of the fee online
- Finally submit the application form online.
- Educational qualification details with the percentage of marks/GATE Score Card etc., as per eligibility criteria.
- Personal details.
- Caste/Category Certificate (for SC/OBC-NCL Candidates).
- Discharge Certificate in case of Ex-Serviceman Candidates.
- Scanned photograph and signature (as per the dimensions).
- Any other details/documents required relating to eligibility criteria.
|Images to be uploaded||Dimensions||File Size|
Application Fee For AAI Recruitment Through GATE 2019
An application fee of Rs 300 must be paid by the applicants in order to apply online. The application fee can be paid online only. However, not all candidates are required to pay the fees,and candidates of special reserved categories are exempted from the payment of the application fee. Check out the details below.
Admit Card For AAI Recruitment Through GATE 2019
AAI issued admit cards to eligible and shortlisted candidates to appear in the document verification stage. After the completion of the online application process, the authorities conduct the initial screening based on the GATE 2019 scores of the applicants. The merit list of selected candidates is published on the website and call letters for attending the document verification are issued through registered email id. Candidates must ensure to download the call letter and generate a print out of the same before attending the document verification. Production of the call letter at the venue indicated on the admit card is mandatory. Alongside this, candidates are also advised to carry a government-issued photo identification to the document verification.
Selection Process of AAI Recruitment Through GATE 2019
- The selection of the candidate will be on the basis of marks of GATE 2019.
- The candidates shortlisted, will be called for the document verification. A call letter for the shortlisted candidates to appear for the document verification round will be sent to their registered email id.
- On completion of document verification, the selection will be made as per the merit list prepared on the GATE Marks of applied candidates.
Pay Scale of AAI Recruitment Through GATE 2019
The selected candidates are to be appointed at the executive level at the below mentioned scale of pay.
Pay scale: Rs.40000‐3%‐140000 (E‐1)
In addition to Basic Pay, increment @ 3% of Basic Pay per annum, Dearness Allowance, Perks @ 35% of Basic Pay, HRA, and Other benefits which include CPF, Gratuity, Social Security Schemes, Medical Benefits, uniform allowance, etc., are admissible as per AAI rules. The Cost to Company per annum would be around Rs 11 lakhs approximately for the post of Junior Executive.
Result of AAI Recruitment through GATE 2019
The list of candidates shortlisted for document verification is released after the initial shortlisting based on GATE 2019 scores. The link for checking the merit lists is updated here when available. Candidates have to appear for the document verification round and then the final result is released indicating those candidates who are eligible for appointment. Selected candidates have to sign a surety bond of Rs 7.00 lacs before joining to serve in the position for at least 03 years from the date of joining.
AAI Recruitment through GATE Cutoffs
Candidates who secure the minimum cut-off marks or above are eligible for selection and shortlisting. The cut-offs from previous years are provided below for reference.
|Junior Executive (Electronics)|
|Junior Executive (Engg.Electrical)|
|Junior Executive (Engg. Civil)|
|Junior Executive (Architect)|
About Airports Authority of India (AAI)
The Airports Authority of India (AAI) was constituted by an Act of Parliament and came into existence on 1st April 1995 by merging erstwhile National Airports Authority and International Airports Authority of India. It manages 125 airports, which include 11 International Airport, 08 Customs Airports, 81 Domestic Airports and 25 Civil Enclaves at Defense airfields. AAI provides air navigation services over 2.8 million square nautical miles of airspace.
Official Website: aai.aero
For more details regarding AAI Recruitment through GATE 2019 – Download Notification
AAI Recruitment through GATE Archives
Q1. What is the official website?
Ans. The official website of AAI is aai.aero
Q2. Is there any written exam for this recruitment?
Ans. No the selection is to be done on the basis of GATE 2019 scores
Q3. How much is the application fee?
Ans. The application fee is Rs 300 for Unreserved and EWS candidates only.