|SRM University MBA Admission 2018||Apply Here!|
|Times Group Bennett University||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
The Airports Authority of India (AAI), is a Government of India Public Sector Enterprise, constituted by an Act of Parliament. The AAI has the responsibility of creating, upgrading, maintaining and managing civil aviation infrastructure both on the ground and airspace in the country. It has been granted the Mini Ratna Category – I status. With the implementation of Automatic Dependence Surveillance System (ADSS), at Kolkata and Chennai Air Traffic Control Centres, made India the first country to use this technology in the South East Asian region thus enabling Air Traffic Control over oceanic areas using satellite mode of communication. The AAI has ground installations at all Airport and 25 other locations to ensure the safety of Aircraft operations.
Airports Authority of India (AAI) Recruitment
The candidates can check all the ongoing recruitments from the table below:
|AAI Junior Assistant Recruitment 2017 – 2018 (NER Region)||Click Here|
|AAI Junior Assistant Recruitment 2017 – 2018 (WR Region)||Click Here|
|AAI Junior Assistant Recruitment 2017 – 2018 (ER Region)||Click Here|
|AAI Junior Assistant Recruitment 2017 – 2018 (NR Region)||Click Here|
|Apprentices Recruitment 2016||Click Here|
|Recruitment Through GATE|
|AAI Recruitment through GATE 2018||Click Here|
Functions of AAI
Given below are the various functions that AAI performs:
- Design, Develop, Operate and Maintain international and domestic airports and civil enclaves.
- Control and Management of the Indian airspace extending beyond the territorial limits of the country, as accepted by ICAO.
- Construction, Modification, and Management of passenger terminals.
- Development and Management of cargo terminals at international and domestic airports.
- Provision of passenger facilities and information system at the passenger terminals at airports.
- Expansion and strengthening of operation area, viz. Runways, Aprons, Taxiway etc.
- Provision of visual aids.
- Provision of Communication and Navigation aids, viz. ILS, DVOR, DME, Radar etc.
The AAI recruits willing and eligible candidates for various posts. The recruitment is conducted either on the basis of marks in the GATE or through its own recruitment process which includes a written test and document verification.
Various posts for which recruitment is conducted:
- Junior Assistant (Fire Services) at Eastern Region
- Junior Assistant (Fire Services) in AAI- Northern Region
- Junior Executive (Engg.- Civil, Electrical, Electronics) – Through GATE
- Senior Assistant (Electronics) in AAI- Northern Region
The AAI has also been involved with various International Projects, where it provides trained personnel, for operation, maintenance and management of airports. AAI is involved in consultancy projects with the following countries:
Projects and Initiatives by AAI
- AAI has undertaken GAGAN project in technological collaboration with Indian Space and Research Organization (ISRO), where the satellite-based system will be used for navigation. The main idea of the project is to navigation signals received from the GPS to be augmented to achieve the navigational requirement of aircrafts.
- The AAI is planning to provide Ground Based Augmentation System (GBAS) at Delhi and Mumbai Airports. With the help of this, the GBAS equipment will be capable of providing Category-II (curved approach) landing signals to the aircrafts. Installing of this equipment will replace the existing instrument landing system in the long run, which is required at each end of the runway.
- It has also undertaken initiatives to upgrade training facilities at CATC Allahabad and Hyderabad Airport. Aerodrome Visual Simulator (AVS) has been provided at CATC recently and non-radar procedural ATC simulator equipment is being supplied to CATC Allahabad and Hyderabad Airport.
AAI has established four training centers namely:
- Civil Aviation Training College (CATC) – Allahabad
- National Institute of Aviation Management and Research (NIAMAR) – Delhi
- Fire Training Centres (FTCs) at Delhi & Kolkata
AAI Organizational Structure