ARS 2021 – Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board (ASRB) has released an ARS 2021 Notification online at asrb.org.in. The online registration for ARS is started from April 05, 2021 onwards. The last date for the submission of the ARS application for 2021 is April 25, 2021. Candidates who have relevant educational qualification are eligible for the Agricultural Research Service (ARS). The ARS Prelims Exam 2021 will take place from June 21 to 27, 2021. The ART-2021 Mains Exam is scheduled for September 19, 2021. Get complete details on ARS 2021 in this article.
Latest: ARS 2021 Application Form is now available. Us the link below to apply online.
This year, ASRB will conduct a combined examination for NET-2021, ARS-2021 Preliminary and Senior Technical Officer (STO). Check all the important ates for ARS 2021 below.
|Release of notification||30 Mar 2021|
|Start of online registration||05 Apr 2021|
|Last date to apply online||25 Apr 2021|
|Last date for fee payment||25 Apr 2021|
|Date of ARS 2021 prelims exam||21 to 27 Jun 2021|
|Date of ARS 2021 mains exam||19 Sep 2021|
ARS 2021 Notification
A combined notification for ARS, NET and STO is out. Tap on the snapshot of he notification below to download the advertisement.
Vacancies for ARS
ASRB has announced the tentative vacancies for the Agricultural Research Service. Aspirants can check the image below to check the distribution of vacancies and others.
ARS 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants can check the eligibility criteria for ARS Exam 2021 below.
Candidates should have Masters Degree or equivalent from a recognized university.
Minimum age limit – 21 years
Maximum age limit: 32 years
|Category of candidate||Age Relaxable Upto|
|Domiciled in JnK during 1 Jan 1980 to 31 Dec 1989||5 years|
Number of attempts
- Unreserved category candidates can appear in ARS exam for a maximum of 6 times.
- OBC and Divyang candidates can appear in it for 9 times.
- SC and ST candidates do not have attempts limit applicable on them.
Important notes regarding attempts limit
- Please note that attempts before ARS exam 2011 shall not be counted.
- Also note that attempting prelims exam is counted as attempt.
ARS 2021 Application Form
The application procedure for ARS 2021 Recruitment takes place online at the ASRB website. Aspirants can check the detailed procedure and application fee below.
How To Apply?
Aspirants who are eligible can submit their applications by submitting the following steps available below.
- First of all candidates have to visit official website that is asrb.org.in.
- Then they have to locate the apply online link and click it.
- From there onwards, it is a completely online process which starts with filling your personal details.
- Then you have to fill details like exam centre choice, educational qualification, and so on.
- After that there will be a step where you have to upload your photograph and signature as per specifications.
- Finally you have to pay the application fee.
Apply Here: Click here to apply online for ARS 2021.
Last time application fee was as follows.
|S.No.||Category of candidate||Only ARS|
|3||SC / ST / Divyang / Women||0|
ARS 2021 Exam Pattern
Aspirants can check the exam pattern for each stage of the selection procedure below:
ARS Preliminary Exam
- Total questions: It will be a single paper of 150 marks.
- Type of questions: All questions will be objective.
- Duration of exam: 2 hours.
- Mode of exam: Exam will be held in online computer based test format.
- Language of exam: Questions will be framed in English as well as Hindi.
- Marking scheme: Candidates gets 1 mark for every correct answer, and 1/3 mark are deducted for every wrong answer (negative marking).
- Nature of exam: This exam is qualifying in nature.
ARS Mains Exam
Key highlights of ARS Mains Exam
- Total marks: It will be a single paper of 240 marks.
- Duration of exam: 3 hours.
- Number of sections: 03 sections
Exam pattern is as follows
|Part||No. of qs||Marks per qs||Total Marks|
Short Answer Type Questions
One or two paragraphs and/or graphic explanation
Descriptive Type questions
- The ARS interview is taken by a group of competent and unbiased experts in respective disciplines.
- The purpose of viva-voce is to assess the suitability of the candidate for the service.
- Candidates will be tested on their curiosity, critical thinking, decision making, presence of mind, social skills, character, scientific bent of mind.
- The technique of the viva voce will not be of a strict cross-examination, rather it will be natural and directed purposeful conversation.
Note: Syllabus for ARS 2021 Preliminary Exam and Mains Exam releases online at ASRB website.
Test Centres for ARS 2021
Aspirants can refer to the exam centre for ARS Prelims and Mains below.
ARS Prelims Exam Centre
|Barrackpore/ Kolkata||West Bengal|
|Jammu||Jammu and Kashmir|
|Port blair||Andaman and Nicobar islands|
ARS Mains Exam Centre
ARS 2021 Admit Card
Eligible candidates will get ARS admit card online at asrb.org.in. They will get the direct link to download the ARS admit card 2021 on the homepage only. Moreover, once aspirants reach the login page aspirants have to enter the registration number and date of birth. Carefully verify all the information and download the call letter for the exam. Candidates have to carry the ARS call letter to the exam centre along with a photo ID. We suggest aspirants keeping the admit card till the recruitment process is over.
Qualifying Marks for ARS 2021
It is mandatory for candidates to obtain the minimum qualifying marks in order to qualify for the exam. Check out the ARS Prelims Qualifying Marks below.
Minimum Qualifying Marks
|Category||Min Qualifying Marks|
ARS 2021 Answer Key
The conducting body publishes the official ARS answer key online at the asrb.org.in. With the help of the answer key, candidates can check the correct answers to all the questions that are asked in the ARS exam. Also, they can calculate the estimated scores for the ARS 2021 exam with the ARS answer key. There is no provision for re-evaluation of the answer script. Hence, no request regarding the re-evaluation of the answer script will be entertained.
ARS Tie-Breaking Criteria 2021
If two or more candidates get same marks (in ARS Mains + Viva Voce), then ASRB will implement the tie breaking process. Tie between candidates will be broken by following method.
- Candidate with more marks in the mains exam will get a higher rank.
- If the tie still persists, candidates who have secures higher marks in prelim is placed higher/
- If the tie persists then the candidate who is older in age will get a higher rank.
What After ARS Result 2021 Is Out?
The result for ARS 2021 Recruitment releases online at asrb.org.in. Candidates who qualify all the stages are recruited as Scientists in the Service. Interested candidates can check the complete details on what happens after the result declaration below.
- Recruited candidates will be on probation for a period of two years.
- Aspirants who are selected on the basis of competitive exam have to undergo an intensive course of study and training for a specified period.
- On the completion of training candidates will be posted anywhere in India according to the Research priorities of the Council.
- They are liable to serve initial place of posting at least for 05 years for category A Stations and 3 years for category B Stations before transfer.
ARS NET Archives
Ans. ASRB has announced 222 vacancies for Agricultural Research Service.
Ans. Aspirants can get the ARS admit card from asrb.org.in.
Ans. Candidates with Master’s degree are eligible for the ARS exam.