Bihar Police Sub Ordinate Services Commission has published Bihar Police Sub Inspector (SI) 2017 notification. Bihar Police SI 2017 recruitment is for 1717 vacancies. Candidates qualifying physical, preliminary test, mains get selected to the post. The format of the exam and physical parameters are prescribed by the Commission and are given here. Eligible aspirants applied by filling up the application form and paying application fees. BPSSC looks after issuing of the application form, admit card, result, the conduct of exam. Get here complete details of Bihar Police Sub Inspector 2017 recruitment details such as notification, dates, exam pattern, physical standards, application form, admit card, result, cut off.
Bihar Police Sub Inspector 2017
There are 1717 vacancies for Sub Inspectors in Bihar Police. This recruitment seeks to fill these vacancies through a transparent selection process.
|Publication of Bihar Police SI 2017 notification||16 Sep 2017|
|Start of application form submission||24 Oct 2017|
|Last date to submit application form||30 Nov 2017|
|Preliminary Admit Card||26 Feb 2018|
|Date of preliminary test||11 Mar 2018|
The notification as of this date mentions exam details. Keep checking this page and official website regularly for updates.
Bihar Police Sub Inspector Application Form 2017
To fill the online application form, the candidates need to follow these steps:
- First, the candidates need to access the link above and then Register themselves
- Make payment for the application form
- Fill details in the application form
- Upload scanned photograph and signature
- Then submit the application form by clicking on the submit button.
For complete information regarding filling the online application form click on the “Application Form” link above.
- Scheduled caste – 300
- Scheduled tribe – 09
- Extremely Backward caste – 296
- Backward caste – 172
- Backward caste females (3%) – 48
- General – 892
- Total – 1717
Notice: Click here to check the notice for Category-wise No. of Reserved Seats for Women.
Bihar Police Sub Inspector Recruitment 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check eligibility criteria before applying. Note eligibility conditions below.
Education: Those who have graduation from a recognized institution as on 01.01.2017 are eligible.
Age: As on 01.01.2017, age of candidate should be
- General male candidates – 20 years old (minimum) to 37 years old (maximum).
- BC / OBC male candidates – 20 years old (minimum) to 40 years old (maximum).
- General / BC / OBC female candidates – 20 years old (minimum) to 40 years old (maximum).
- SC / ST male and female candidates – 20 years old (minimum) to 42 years old (maximum).
- General / BC / OBC male: Minimum 165 centimeters.
- SC / ST male: Minimum 160 centimetres.
- All categories female: Minimum 160 centimetres, and minimum weight 48 Kilograms.
Chest (only for males)
- General / BC / OBC: Minimum 81 centimetres unexpanded, Minimum 86 centimetres expanded. A difference of at least 5 centimetres is needed between unexpanded and expanded.
- SC / ST: Minimum 79 centimetres unexpanded, Minimum 84 centimetres expanded. A difference of at least 5 centimetres is needed between unexpanded and expanded.
Reservation is applicable only for candidates from Bihar state. Those who apply from other states will be counted as general candidates.
Stages of selection
There are 3 stages of selection, namely:
- Preliminary Test
- Physical Test
- The preliminary exam is of 200 marks. There is a single question paper with 100 questions in it. Duration of exam is 2 hours.
- Questions in preliminary are on general knowledge and contemporary issues.
- Cut Off: 30%
- Candidates who obtain cut off marks (30%) qualify for mains. Number of candidates qualifying prelims for mains exam are 20 times the vacancies.
Qualified candidates of prelims can attend mains. This exam has 2 papers.
- Paper I is on General Hindi. It contains 100 questions. This paper is of 200 marks. Exam duration is of 2 hours.
- Cut off: 30%
- Marks in Paper I will not be added for merit list determination.
- Paper II is on General Studies, General Science, Civics, Indian History, Indian Geography, Mathematics, Mental Ability. This paper has 100 questions. Maximum marks of paper 2 is 200. exam duration is 2 hours.
Negative marking (prelims and mains)
- 0.2 Marks are deducted for incorrect answers.
Candidates get two copies of the paper. One copy is submitted to Commission for safe keep. The number of candidates qualifying mains for the physical test is 6 times the vacancies.
Physical standard test
One must qualify physical standards tests to finally get recruited.
- For males: One mile run, Time limit 6 minutes.
- For females: One kilometre run, Time limit 6 minutes.
- For males: Minimum 4 feet
- For females: Minimum 3 feet
- For males: Minimum 12 feet
- For females: Minimum 9 feet
- For males: Throw a 16-pound gola to a minimum distance of 16 feet.
- For females: Throw a 12-pound gola to a minimum distance of 10 feet.
Bihar Police SI Result (Merit List) 2017
- Result of prelims indicates list of candidates who got cut off marks (30%) and qualified for Mains. Number of candidates called through this list for Mains exam is 20 times the number of vacancies.
- Result of mains indicates list of candidates who have secured marks high enough to be eligible for physical standards test. Overall candidates called through this is 6 times the number of vacancies.
The Commission draws up merit list on basis of marks obtained in mains. Merit list preparation is category-wise.
- If two or more candidates get equal marks, then tie breaking is as per age. One who is older gets higher merit.
- If tie still exists, then merit determination is as per physical standards.
- If tie persists then resolution is as per alphabetical order of name in class 10th certificate.
Final merit list (as per mains exam) cut off
Minimum marks required to be in final merit list is given below for each category.
|SC / ST||33.5%|
|OBC / BC||35%|