DRDO RAC Recruitment 2020 – Recruitment and Assessment Center invites online applications for graduate engineers and postgraduates in Science. The application form is now available at the official website of RAC, rac.gov.infor direct recruitment to the posts of Scientist B. The last date to apply for DRDO RAC Recruitment 2020 is extended up to August 17, 2020. There are a total of 167 posts for various scientific and engineering disciplines. For more details like the total number of vacant posts, names of the different posts & for the link to apply, candidates are advised to go through this article of DRDO RAC recruitment 2020.
Latest: Important notice regarding DRDO RAC recruitment 2020 has been released. Check below.
DRDO RAC Recruitment 2020
The online application form releases online on the official website. The interested applicants can fill the online application from the Recruitment and Assessment Centre (RAC) official website i.e, rac.gov.in and the online application portal/window is open for 21 days from the date of its official release. Check below all the important dates regarding the DRDO RAC Recruitment 2020.
|DRDO RAC Recruitment||Dates|
|Opening of the Application window|
|Last date to apply|
|Availability of Admit Card||To be announced!|
|Descriptive Examination||October 2020|
|Date of the Personal Interview||To be announced!|
|Final Result Declaration||To be announced!|
Latest Updates on DRDO RAC Recruitment 2020
In view of the declaration of the UGC NET results of June-2020 examination on November 30, 2020, candidates who have applied against item no. 12 of advertisement No. 137 and appeared for the NET June 2020 examination in Psychology are required to upload their NET certificate/score on the website of RAC – rac.gov.in by December 14, 2020 (in accordance with advertisement No. 137).
Last Date Extension Notice
The last date to submit application form for DRDO RAC Recruitment 2020 has been extended from July 10, 2020 to August 17, 2020. Check more details from the image provided below.
DRDO RAC Addendum Notice
Recruitment and Assessment Center has released addendum notice regarding the vacancies and application procedure for various scientific and engineering disciplines. Check the notice below.
Click here to check DRDO RAC Addendum Notice.
DRDO RAC Recruitment Vacancy Details
Total No. of Vacancies – 167
There are total number of 167 vacancies is available for the posts of Scientist B. The discipline-wise details of vacancies and is divided into three parts –
Part I has 3 disciplines – Electronics & Comm. Engg (37), Mechanical Engg (35), Computer Science & Engg (31)
Part-II has 8 disciplines
|Material Science & Engg/ Metallurgical Engg||10|
Part-III has 1 discipline – Psychology (10)
Click here to check details of vacancies in all disciplines.
DRDO RAC Recruitment 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application form candidate should go through the eligibility criteria first as if the candidate is founded ineligible at any further stages than that candidate will be disqualified from the further process. Candidate can go through the eligibility criteria mentioned below-
1. Academic Requirement
For Subjects/Disciplines in Part‐I:
- Category I: Candidates should possess the requisite Essential Qualification (EQ) along with a valid GATE‐2018/2019/2020 Qualification.
- Category II: Candidates should possess the requisite Essential Qualification (EQ) from IITs/NITs with minimum aggregate 80% marks
For Subjects/Disciplines in Part‐II:
- Candidates should possess the requisite Essential Qualification (EQ) along with a valid GATE ‐ 2018/2019/2020 Qualification
For Subjects/Disciplines in Part‐III:
Candidates should possess the requisite Essential Qualification (EQ) along with NET Qualification
3. Age limit for candidates as on the closing date of advertisement
|Category||Age not exceeding|
|Un-Reserved (UR) /EWS||28 years|
|OBC (Non‐creamy layer)||31 years|
Relaxation in upper age limit (As per Govt rules) :
- Upto 10 years for PwD (HH) and PwD(OH) candidates in the * marked disciplines.
- The upper age limit is relaxable up to 5 years for serving Central Civilian Govt. employees working in posts which are in the same line or allied cadres and where a relationship could be established that the service already rendered in a particular post will be useful for the efficient discharge of the duties of the advertised posts.
- The upper age limit is relaxable for Ex‐servicemen including Ex SSCOs/ECOs as per rules in vogue
DRDO RAC Recruitment 2020 Application Form
DRDO RAC recruitment application form releases for the various post offered by the RAC. The applicant can apply online by visiting the official RAC website i.erac.gov.in. Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying as the recruitment board consider only the eligible candidates’ application for the next recruitment process. Also, candidates who are going to fill the online application must keep their all required documents with them at the time of applying.
Apply Online: Click here to apply online for DRDO RAC Recruitment 2020
Application Fee: General (UR), EWS, and OBC male candidates are required to pay a non‐ refundable non‐transferable application fee of `100/‐ (Rs. One Hundred only) payable online only. There is no application fee for SC/ST/PwD and women candidates.
How to apply?
- Candidates are required to register online at the RAC website rac.gov.in.
- On successful registration, the candidates may log in before the closing date of the advertisement to fill the application form online. The candidates are required to upload the requisite certificates, the details of the application fee payment (if not exempted), and lock the application before submission of the same..
- Candidates are advised to retain a copy of the online recruitment application (pdf format) after locking the online application form.
- Only locked/finalized applications in all respects shall be considered.
*Points to be considered while filling the Application form
- The GATE paper and the subject of qualifying degree of the candidates must be as per the discipline‐wise table provided
- Candidates are advised to be careful while filling their GATE score as the shortlisting will be based on the GATE score filled in the application/biodata form (Not Applicable to Category II candidates in Part‐I disciplines).
- The scrutiny of application (confirmation of GATE score from the submitted documents/scorecard) will only be done for those candidates who are above the cut off of the GATE score, as per the norms of shortlisting specified in the advertisement. Therefore the wrongly filled GATE score may automatically result in the candidate not getting shortlisted for scrutiny purposes also.
- The GATE and NET scores of the applicants will be confirmed by the RAC, and if so, Verification needs additional details at a later stage.
The following documents are need to be uploaded by the candidate during the online application process.
- Self-attested certificates/testimonials regarding Date of Birth (Matriculation /High School Certificate or Birth Certificate issued by the appropriate local authority), Essential and Higher qualification along with mark‐sheets, caste, EWS status, ex‐servicemen, employment etc. The maximum file size of each attachment should not exceed 500KB and it must be legible when a print out is taken
- A recent passport size color photograph (size not exceeding 30 KB; resolution of 110 x 140 pixels).
- Scanned sample of candidate’s signature
- Valid GATE score card (Category II candidates in Part‐I disciplines exempted from this requirement).
- A provision will be made for the candidates who have appeared in final year examination, to upload their degree/provisional degree certificate online till 30 August 2020.
- A provision will be made for candidates due to appear on the NET in June 2020 exam, to upload your NET certificate/scorecard online 15th day of the June 2020 NET Announcement of Results
DRDO RAC Recruitment 2020 Admit Card
Shortlisted candidates can download their admit card for the Descriptive Examination (Only for Part‐I disciplines) /call letter for interview respectively along with its venue, date & time after successful registration through RAC website. Intimation in this regard shall be sent as SMS on the registered mobile number of the candidate. Candidates may please note that the admit card for the descriptive examination/call letter for interview will not be sent by post/courier.f
DRDO RAC Recruitment 2020 Screening /Shortlisting
- For Subjects/Disciplines in Part‐I :
- Category I – The qualified candidates will be chosen for the Descriptive Examination on the basis of the appropriate GATE score of 1:25, according to their GATE score not less than 25% of the GATE score of the first shortlisted nominee.
- Category II-All qualified IIT and NIT graduate engineers with at least 80 percent aggregate marks in the EQ would be qualified for a Descriptive Test.
- Applicants who appear for the Descriptive Examination will be further shortlisted for the Personal Interview in the 1:5 ratio for the merit list prepared on the basis of the Descriptive Examination only.
- For Subjects/Disciplines in Part‐II: Registered candidates will be selected for Personal Interview on the basis of the correct GATE score for a ratio of 1:5, subject to availability for the discipline-wise category-wise merit list.
- For Subject/Discipline under Part-III: Eligible candidates will be nominated for a Personal Interview. Among the candidates who have at least qualified as assistants, Professor, on the basis of the gross percentage of the marks NET in the 1:5 ratio, subject to availability in the category of merit list.
- Eligible PwD(HH) and PwD(OH) candidates will be selected for Personal Interview on the basis of valid GATE scores only for the three vacancies reserved for them in the * -marked disciplines set out in Part‐I and Part‐II.
- Information regarding the shortlisted candidates will be made available at RAC website.
DRDO RAC Recruitment 2020 Selection Process
- Shorlitsed candidates on the basis of GATE scores and/or GATE scores. Descriptive Test or percentage of marks in NET shall be required to appear in the Personal Interview to be held in Delhi, or in any other place, as Decided by the RAC / RDO.
- The offer of appointment of the selected candidates will be limited to the number of vacancies for merit. However, the appointment will be subject to satisfying conditions such as the medical examination qualification
- The final result (customized for the individual candidate) releases at RAC website.
- For Subjects/Disciplines in Part‐I – The final selection of the candidates will be purely on the basis of discipline wise category wise merit of aggregate of 80% weightage of marks in the Descriptive Examination and 20% weightage of marks in Personal Interview.
- For Subjects/Disciplines in Part‐II: The final selection of the candidates will be purely on the basis of discipline wise category wise merit of aggregate of 80% weightage of GATE score and 20% weightage of marks in Personal Interview.
- For Subjects/Disciplines under Part-III: The final selection of the candidates will be based solely on the category-wise merit of a total weighting of 80% of the percentage of the marks in the NET. And 20 percent weighting of the marks in the Personal Interview.
- The final selection of PwD(HH) and (OH) candidates against the vacancies reserved for them in the * marked disciplines will be purely on the basis of combined merit of aggregate of 80% weightage of GATE score and 20% weightage of marks in Personal Interview.
- Only those candidates securing minimum qualifying marks in the Personal Interview will be considered for preparation of final merit list. Candidates who do not qualify the interview will not be considered for final selection irrespective of their Descriptive Examination score (for Part‐I disciplines)/ GATE score (for Part‐II disciplines).
- The selection against the UR vacancies will be done first based on the combined merit list of all candidates. The filling up of backlog vacancies (32 in number) in OBC/SC/ST category will be taken up after exhausting the UR vacancies.
- In the merit list for final selection, candidates will be considered for selection against the vacancies in the organizations (DRDO/DST/ADA/GAETEC) they opted for, in order of their preference. They will be accommodated against the vacancies of that organization where their selection is definite and will not be kept in any waitlist of their higher preferences.
- In addition to the above, any other selection tool/test may be administered, at the sole discretion of RAC.
Details of Descriptive Examination (only for the part 1 disciplines)
The written examination will be of the descriptive type, consisting of two papers of 300 marks each, to be conducted in two sessions of duration of three hours each. The syllabus of the Descriptive Examination (downloadable from RAC website) is similar to the Engineering Services Examination (Main) in the relevant discipline conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The Descriptive Examination will be administered in a paper-based format.
Tentatively, the Descriptive Examination will be conducted at DRDO centers in seven cities (Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kanpur, Kolkata, and Pune) as well as at other common centers, if the need arises. Candidates are required to indicate their first and second preference of examination center in the online application from among the listed centers. However, RAC reserves the right to allot any center as per its administrative convenience.
Official Website: www.rac.gov.in.
For more details about DRDO RAC Recruitment 2020, Download Official Notification. | Corrigendum
Leave a Reply