DRDO Recruitment 2020 is done through the Center for Personnel Talent Management (CEPTAM). All the vacancy notifications are updated on the official portal of CEPTAM i.e. drdo.gov.in/drdo/ceptam/ceptamnoticeboard.html . The selection process of DRDO Recruitment 2020 consists of 3 phases. Firstly, a basic computer-based test is conducted for all applicants. The question paper of this test consists of MCQ type questions only. Candidates who are shortlisted in the CBT are called for document verification. After the verification round, all the eligible candidates are called for skill test round in which requisite skills as per the posts are verified. The final list of all the shortlisted candidates is prepared on a merit basis only. CEPTAM also recruits on the basis of walk-in interviews. The candidate must check the official website of DRDO Recruitment regularly which is drdo.gov.in.
DRDO Recruitment 2020
DRDO Recruitment 2020 is done through an independent corporate body of DRDO called CEPTAM. DRDO is an agency of government focus on Research and development for the defense ministry of the Government of India. The organization started with tota of 10 laboratories and now has altogether 50 laboratories for every field of research. The laboratories have employed over 5000 scientists and many other assistant scientists and technical staff for the workings of the core process of the organization. Following is the schedule of vacancies notified by DRDO through CEPTAM:
|Advt No.||DRDO Recruitment/Post||Link|
|–||DRDO Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) at DFRL Mysore||Click here|
|–||DRDO Junior Research Fellow (JRF) at DYSL-CT Chennai||Click here|
|Advt. No. 137||DRDO RAC Recruitment 2020 for Scientist ‘B’||Click here|
|Advt. No. 135||Scientist ‘F’, Scientist ‘D’/‘E, Scientist ‘C’||Click here | Apply Online|
|ASL/23/2020/3322/OR/1||ASL DRDO Recruitment 2020||Click here|
|DRDO SSPL JRF Recruitment 2020||Click here|
|CVRDE/ADMN/2020||DRDO CVRDE Recruitmernt 2020||Click here|
|NPOL/TA/01/2020||DRDO Apprentice Recruitment 2020||Click Here|
|DRDO Entry Test: 2019-20/MTS||DRDO MTS||Click here|
|CEPTAM-09/TECH-A||DRTC Cadre (Technical Staff)||Click Here|
|CEPTAM-09/STA-B||Senior Technical Assistant||Click Here|
|CEPTAM-09/A&A||Admin and Allied Cadre||Click here|
DRDO Interview Postponement
DRDO has postponed the interviews for the advertisement number 135 and 136, keeping the state of panic in mind, due to COVID-19. The notice says that the interview scheduled on March 22, 2020 are postponed and the candidates who have already traveled for March 21, 2020 interview, can appear for the same. It clearly says that those who have not yet reached Delhi, might avoid travelling.
About DRDO Recruitment
Defense research development organization (DRDO) was established in 1985 by the A defenseent of India. It emerged from merging of 3 well-established organisations which were Technical Development Establishment (TDEs) of the Indian Army and the Directorate of Technical Development & Production (DTDP) with the Defence Science Organisation (DSO). It comes under the administrative control of the Ministry of Defense of Government of India. Back then, it was just an organization of 10 laboratories. Presently, it is working with a network of over 50 laboratories and 5000 scientists. It has its headquarters in Delhi.
History of DRDO
Vision and Mission of DRDO
The aim of DRDO is to provide high edged Defence Services equipment to India so that it can stand on its own in the international market. Apart from these, DRDO focuses on achieving the following:
- Make weapons, state-of-the-art sensors, allied equipment and more for Defence Services.
- Discover technological outbreaks that can provide combat effective solutions.
- Develop committed quality manpower and infrastructure.
- Maintain a strong technological base.
Organization Structure of DRDO Labs and Establishments
Following is the list of labs of DRDO as per the technologies of the organization:
- Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE) , Bangalore
- Centre for Military Airworthiness & Certification (CEMILAC) , Bangalore
- Gas Turbine Research Establishment (GTRE) , Bangalore
- Aerial Delivery Research and Development Establishment (ADRDE) , Agra
- Defence Avionics Research Establishment (DARE), Bangalore
- Centre For Air Borne System (CABS) , Bangalore
- Armament Research & Development Establishment (ARDE) , Pune
- Centre for Fire, Explosive and Environment Safety (CFEES) , Delhi
- Proof & Experimental Establishment (PXE) , Balasore
- Terminal Ballistics Research Laboratory (TBRL) , Chandigarh
- Advanced Centre for Energetic Materials (ACEM) , Nasik
- High Energy Materials Research Laboratory (HEMRL) , Pune
- Combat Vehicle and Engineering:
- Research & Development Establishment (RDE(E)) , Pune
- Snow & Avalanche Study Estt (SASE) , Chandigarh
- Combat Vehicles Research & Development Estt. (CVRDE) , Chennai
- Vehicle Research & Development Establishment (VRDE) , Ahmednagar
- Electronics and Computer Sciences
- Centre for Artificial Intelligence & Robotics (CAIR) , Bangalore
- Scientific Analysis Group (SAG) , Delhi
- Defence Electronics Application Laboratory (DEAL) , Dehradun
- Defence Terrain Research Laboratory (DTRL) , Delhi
- Laser Science & Technology Centre (LASTEC) , Delhi
- Electronics & Radar Development Establishment (LRDE) , Bangalore
- Defence Electronics Research Laboratory (DLRL) , Hyderabad
- Instruments Research & Development Establishment (IRDE) , Dehradun
- Human Resource Development:
- Defence Scientific Information & Documentation Centre (DESIDOC) , Delhi
- Institute of Technology Management (ITM) , Mussorie
- Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT) , Pune
- Life Sciences:
- Defence Food Research Laboratory (DFRL) , Mysore
- Defence Institute of Psychological Research (DIPR), Delhi
- Defence Institute of Bio-Energy Research (DIBER), Haldwani
- Defence Institute of Physiology & Allied Sciences (DIPAS) Delhi
- Defence Institute of High Altitude Research (DIHAR), Leh Ladakh
- Defence Research & Development Establishment (DRDE), Gwalior
- Defence Research Laboratory (DRL), Tejpur
- Defence Bio-Engineering & Electro Medical Laboratory (DEBEL) , Bangalore
- Institute of Nuclear Medicine & Allied Sciences (INMAS), Delhi
- Defence Laboratory (DLJ) , Jodhpur
- Defence Metallurgical Research Laboratory (DMRL) , Hyderabad
- Defence Materials and Stores Research and Development Establishment (DMSRDE) , Kanpur
- Advanced Numerical Research & Analysis Group (ANURAG) , Hyderabad
- Microwave Tube Research & Development Centre (MTRDC) , Bangalore
- Solid State Physics Laboratory (SSPL) , Delhi
- Centre for Advanced Semiconductor Technology (ASEMIT) , Delhi
- Integrated Test Range (ITR) , Balasore
- Research Centre Imarat (RCI) , Hyderabad
- Defence Research & Development Laboratory (DRDL) , Hyderabad
- Institute for Systems Studies & Analyses (ISSA) , Delhi
- Naval Physical & Oceanographic Laboratory (NPOL) , Cochin
- Naval Science & Technological Laboratory (NSTL) , Vishakapatnam
- Naval Materials Research Laboratory (NMRL) , Ambernath
Defense Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) functions under the Department of Defence Research and Development of Ministry of Defence. It was formed in 1958 when Technical Development Establishment (TDE) and Indian Army and Technical Development and Production (DTDP) amalgamated with Defence Science Organization (DSO). Today, DRDO owns more than 50 laboratories that are dedicated to developing advanced defense equipment. It also works towards the advancement of military technology. The PSU deals in aeronautics, armaments, electronics, instrumentation engineering systems, missiles, naval systems, advanced computing, simulation, and life science.
Job prospects in DRDO
DRDO is an agency of the Republic of India, established in 1958. It has its headquarter at New Delhi by the name of DRDO Bhavan. The organization has about 5,000 scientists in the Defence Research & Development Service (DRDS) and around 25,000 other scientific, technical, and supporting personnel.
The DRDO recruits candidates for various posts such as:
- Technicians and Senior Technical Assistants
- Admin & Allied Cadre
- Research Fellowships
Projects of DRDO
- The DRDO is responsible for the ongoing Light Combat Aircraft (LCA). The LCA provides the Indian Air Force with a modern, fly by wire, multi-role fighter, as well as develop the aviation industry in India.
- HAL AMCA: Aeronautical Development Agency of DRDO is responsible for the design and development of the fifth-generation aircraft. 700 ADA employees and 2,000 employees of DRDO were working on the project.
- The organization has also developed Avatar (spacecraft)
Other Hindustan Aeronautics programs
DRDO has also assisted Hindustan Aeronautics with its programs, which includes:
- HAL Dhruv helicopter
- HAL HJT-36
Unmanned aerial vehicles
Other than all the above-mentioned projects, DRDO has also developed two unmanned aerial vehicles – the Nishant tactical UAV and the Lakshya (Target) Pilotless Target Aircraft (PTA).
The organization, i.e., DRDO also offers summer internship/industrial training/project work. DRDO comprises different laboratories spread across the country. Each laboratory has a different field of research, development, and core competence like armaments, materials, electronics, heavy vehicles, missiles, life sciences, etc.
Center Of Excellence
The center of excellence is a proposed unit of DRDO. It has an outlay of 50 Crores in a period of 5 years which will include 5 centers as following:
- The science and synthesis of HEM (for use as explosives and propellants).
- The science of polymer physics especially polymer Electronics can emergent and for a variety of military semiconductor devices).
- Nano optoelectronic devices.
- The interaction of microwaves and matter (for stealth).
- Nanotechnology-based sensors for NBC detection.
Defense Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT)
DIAT is a deemed university established by DRDO through the Ministry of Human Resource Department of Government of India. It is an Autonomous Organization of the Department of Defence Research & Development, Ministry of Defence. Back in 1952, it was known as the Institute of Armament Studies on the CME campus. In 1967, it was renamed as “Institute of Armament Technology, (IAT)” and further in the year 2000, it finally had its status of a deemed university. It had been heading towards being the center of Excellence for Education, Training, and research.
Center of Personnel Talent Management (CEPTAM)
Center of Personnel Talent Management (CEPTAM) is a corporate body of DRDO established for processing the recruitment of talented personnel from across the country. This corporate body has a separate Chairmen and independent director as its Administrative Head. CEPTAM has its core activities of the Recruitment of Technical, Administrative & Allied category of non-gazetted personnel, Assessment of DRTC Officers & Staff, and facilitates Training for development of these cadres as per Training Policy of DRDO