Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) functions under the Department of Defence Research and Development of Ministry of Defence. It was formed in 1958 when Technical Development Establishment (TDE) and Indian Army and Technical Development and Production (DTDP) amalgamated with Defence Science Organization (DSO). Today, DRDO owns more than 50 laboratories which are dedicated to developing advanced defence equipment. It also works towards the advancement of military technology. The PSU deals in aeronautics, armaments, electronics, instrumentation engineering systems, missiles, naval systems, advanced computing, simulation and life science.
Vision and Mission of DRDO
The aim of DRDO is to provide high edged Defence Services equipment to India so that it can stand on its own in the international market. Apart from these, DRDO focuses on achieving the following:
- Make weapons, state-of-the-art sensors, allied equipment and more for Defence Services.
- Discover technological outbreaks that can provide combat effective solutions.
- Develop committed quality manpower and infrastructure.
- Maintain a strong technological base.
Ongoing DRDO Recruitment
|AIMS ATMA 2018 Exam||Register to get Top MBA College|
|Times Group Bennett University||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
The candidates may check on-going DRDO recruitment from the table below:
|CEPTAM DRDO Result||Click Here|
|DRDO Recruitment through GATE|
|DRDO Scientist B Recruitment through GATE 2018 – Announced!||Click Here|
Job prospects in DRDO
DRDO is an agency of the Republic of India, established in 1958. It has its headquarter at new Delhi by the name of DRDO Bhavan. The organisation has about 5,000 scientists in the Defence Research & Development Service (DRDS) and around 25,000 other scientific, technical and supporting personnel.
The DRDO recruits candidates for various posts such as:
- Technicians and Senior Technical Assistants
- Admin & Allied Cadre
- Research Fellowships
The organization, i.e., DRDO also offers summer internship/industrial training/project work. DRDO comprises different laboratories spread across the country. Each laboratory has a different field of research, development and core competence like armaments, materials, electronics, heavy vehicles, missiles, life sciences etc
Its main technology areas in which DRDO deals are:
- Combat Engineering
- Life sciences
- Naval Systems
Projects of DRDO
- The DRDO is responsible for the ongoing Light Combat Aircraft (LCA). The LCA provide the Indian Air Force with a modern, fly by wire, multi-role fighter, as well as develop the aviation industry in India.
- HAL AMCA: Aeronautical Development Agency of DRDO is responsible for the design and development of the fifth generation aircraft. 700 ADA employees and 2,000 employees of DRDO were working on the project.
- The organization has also developed Avatar (spacecraft)
Other Hindustan Aeronautics programmes
DRDO has also assisted Hindustan Aeronautics with its programmes, which includes:
- HAL Dhruv helicopter
- HAL HJT-36
Unmanned aerial vehicles
- Other than all the above mentioned projects, DRDO has also developed two unmanned aerial vehicles – the Nishant tactical UAV and the Lakshya (Target) Pilotless Target Aircraft (PTA).