GSET Eligibility Criteria 2021 – Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara, conducts the Gujarat State Eligibility Test for Assistant Professor in universities and colleges of Gujarat State. Only those candidates who meet the GSET eligibility requirements may appear in the written examination. Applicants are eligible to apply for a GSET, those who have completed/are studying a Master’s degree in GSET in the final year or semester of the UGC. Qualifier candidates of GSET will get the E-certificates. Candidates are requested to check their GSET Eligibility Criteria 2021 before applying for the examination.
GSET Eligibility Criteria 2021
Candidates must have a Master’s Degree recognized by U.G.C., in a subject of GSET to get for taking the Test. If the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of GSET subjects, then candidates may appear in UGC NET / UGC – CSIR NET which is held twice a year. The non-qualified candidate will not get any mark sheet from the GSET agency. Only qualifying candidates will get the E-certificates which is an issue by the GSET agency.
|Starting of Online Registration||21 Jun 2021|
|Last day for online application submission||21 Jul 2021|
Note: Candidates are neither required to send any certificate/documents in support of their GSET Eligibility Criteria nor printout of their Application Form to Gujarat State Eligibility Test office, Vadodara. However, in their own interest, candidates must comply with their GSET Eligibility Criteria.
Gujarat State Eligibility Test 2021 Age and Qualification Criteria
Applicants who want to appear in the GSET, They have completed/are studying in the final year or semester of a UGC specified Master’s degree in a subject of GSET. Get here the detailed eligibility norms for GSET 2021.
Age Limit: No upper age limit to applying for GSET Assistant Professor.
Qualification Conditions: Candidates who have passed Master’s Degree OR an equivalent examination with minimum marks required from universities/institutions recognized by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Sciences are eligible for this Test.
- For General / General-EWS Candidates: 55% marks
- For SEBC (Non-Creamy Layer ) / Visually Handicapped/ ST / SC / PwD / Transgender category candidates: 50%
Other Eligibility Policy for GSET examination 2021
- Other States candidates who belong to reserved category will be treated as General category candidates. Only Gujarat State reserved category candidates are eligible to claim for reservation.
- Only those candidates are eligible to take the Test who have completed their Post Graduation in the subject of GSET. In case the subject of a candidate is listed in the GSET subjects, the candidates may appear in the UGC NET / UGC – CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
- Candidates having Post Graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute or Foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the Foreign University / Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence *of their diploma/degree/certificate, with Master’s degree of recognized Indian Universities from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi (aiu.ac.in)
- Applicants who have appeared OR will appear in the final year/semester of the qualifying Master’s and whose results are still awaited are eligible to apply for the GSET 2021 examination. However, such candidates would be admitted on a provisional basis and candidates should complete their Master’s Degree within two years from the date of the declaration of results of the GSET Examination with the required percentage of marks, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level has been completed by September 19, 1991 are eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in the GSET Exam.
- Candidates belonging to PwD(PH/VH) / SC/ST/ SEBC / General-EWS category must possess a Valid Category Certificate issued by the competent authority of Gujarat state and certificates related to PwD(PH/VH).
Reservation Policy for GSET 2021
Reservation policy for GSET 2021 is as per the Gujarat Govt. Central Government OBC certificate is not valid to claims for the SEBC of Gujarat State. Gujarat State candidates belong to SC / ST / PwD / VH – Visually Handicapped / SEBC (non-creamy layer) / Transgender / General-EWS , are covered under the special concessions as per decided by the Agency.
GSET 2021 Post Graduation Subject
|Name / Code of Subject||PG Course||PG Subject(S)|
|Mathematical Sciences/01||M.Sc./MA/M.Tech. (Science)||Mathematics / Mathematical Science / Statistics / App. Maths./ Ind. Maths|
|Physical Science/02||M.Sc||Physics / Physical Science|
|Chemical Sciences/03||M.Sc||Chemistry / Chemical Science|
|Life Sciences/04||M.Sc./M.Tech (Science)||Life Science / Botany / Zoology / Microbiology / Biotechnology / Biochemistry / Virology / Bioinformatics / Genetics|
|Political Science/11||MA||Political Science / Politics|
|Education/13||M.Ed. / MA||Education|
|Library and Information Science/15||M. Lib./ M.Lis.||Library and Information Science|
|Management/18||MBA or Equivalent Degree||Management|
|Computer Science and Application/19||MCA / M.Sc. MCS / M.E. / M. Tech or Equivalent Degree||Computer Science and Application|
|Earth Sciences/20||M.Sc||Geology / Geoinformatics|
|Physical Education/21||M.P.Ed.||Physical Education|
|Home Science/23||M.Sc. / MA||Home Science|
|Social Work/25||M.S.W/ MA||Social Work|
GSET Application Form 2021
The application form of Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) for the post of Assistant Professor in universities and colleges of Gujarat State are available in online mode. To fill the application form candidates need to visit the official website i.e. gujaratset.in. Candidates who are willing to apply for GSET they are required to follow 2 steps, first step is to make the payment and register then for the GSET Recruitment Test. Candidates are suggested to visit the official website or our post to information on the same and also go through the Local Newspapers and Employment News.
Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET)
Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara has a authority to conduct the Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) on behalf of the Gujarat State. GSET is taking to recruitment the eligible candidates for the post of Assistant Professor of the concerned Universities / Colleges / State Government of Gujarat. GSET Examination is consist of two papers of objective type questions and eligibility for Assistant Professor will depend on the performance of the candidate in both the papers I & II of GSET in aggregate. After qualifying the GSET, Agency will issue E-certificates to qualifier candidates.
Official Website: gujaratset.ac.in