GSET 2019 Eligibility Criteria – Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara, conducts Gujarat State Eligibility Test for Assistant Professor in universities and colleges of Gujarat State. Only those candidates who satisfy the GSET eligibility conditions can appear in the written examination. Applicants are eligible to take the GSET, those who have completed / are studying in the final year or semester of a UGC specified Master’s degree in a subject of GSET. Qualifier candidates of GSET will get the E-certificates. GSET 2019 is going to conducted in 23 subjects at 11 Centres across Gujarat state. Candidates are requested to check their GSET 2019 Eligibility Criteria before applying for the examination.
GSET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must have Master’s Degree recognized by U.G.C., in a subject of GSET to get for taking the Test. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of GSET subjects, the candidates may appear in UGC NET / UGC – CSIR NET which is held twice a year. Not-qualified candidate will not get any mark sheet from the GSET agency. Only qualifying candidates will get the E-certificates which is an issue by the GSET agency.
|Start date for fee collection||04 Nov 2019|
|Last date of submitting the fee||30 Nov 2019|
|Start date for online registration||04 Nov 2019|
|Last date for online registration||30 Nov 2019|
|Date of GSET 2019||29 Dec 2019|
Note: Candidates are neither required to send any certificate/documents in support of their GSET Eligibility Criteria nor printout of their Application Form to Gujarat State Eligibility Test office, Vadodara. However, the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their GSET Eligibility Criteria.
Gujarat State Eligibility Test 2019 Age and Qualification Criteria
Applicants who want to appear in the GSET, They have completed / are studying in the final year or semester of a UGC specified Master’s degree in a subject of GSET. Get here the detailed eligibility norms for GSET 2019.
Age Limit: No upper age limit to applying for GSET Assistant Professor.
Qualification Conditions: Candidates who have passed Master’s Degree OR an equivalent examination with minimum marks required from universities/institutions recognized by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Sciences are eligible for this Test.
- For General / General-EWS Candidates: 55% marks
- For SEBC (Non-Creamy Layer ) / SC / ST / PwD / Visually Handicapped / Transgender category candidates: 50%
Other Eligibility Policy for GSET examination 2019
- Other States candidates who belong to reserved category will be treated as General category candidates. Only Gujarat State reserved category candidates are eligible to claim for reservation.
- Only those candidates are eligible to take the Test who have completed their Post Graduation in the subject of GSET. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of GSET subjects, the candidates may appear in UGC NET / UGC – CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
- Candidates having Post Graduate diploma / certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute or Foreign degree / diploma / certificate awarded by the Foreign University / Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence *of their diploma / degree / certificate, with Master’s degree of recognized Indian Universities from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi (aiu.ac.in) (* Such candidates who qualify SET will be required to submit equivalence certificate from AIU, immediately after the result of the SET examination)
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing in the final year/semester at the qualifying Master’s degree examination and whose result is still awaited are eligible to apply for GSET Examination. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and candidates must complete their Master’s degree examination within two years from the date of declaration of result of GSET Examination with required percentage of marks, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by September 19, 1991 (irrespective of the date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in the GSET Examination.
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST / PwD(PH/VH) / SEBC (Cast Certificate along with latest Non – Creamy Layer certificate), / General-EWS category must possess Valid Category Certificate issued by competent authority of Gujarat state and certificates related to PwD(PH/VH).
Reservation Policy for GSET 2019
Reservation policy for GSET 2019 is as per the Gujarat Govt. Central Government OBC certificate is not valid to claims for the SEBC of Gujarat State. Gujarat State candidates belong to SC / ST / PwD / VH – Visually Handicapped / SEBC (non-creamy layer) / Transgender / General-EWS , are covered under the special concessions as per decided by the Agency.
GSET 2019 Post Graduation Subject
|Name / Code of Subject||PG Course||PG Subject(S)|
|Mathematical Sciences/01||M.Sc./MA/M.Tech. (Science)||Mathematics / Mathematical Science / Statistics / App. Maths./ Ind. Maths|
|Physical Science/02||M.Sc||Physics / Physical Science|
|Chemical Sciences/03||M.Sc||Chemistry / Chemical Science|
|Life Sciences/04||M.Sc./M.Tech (Science)||Life Science / Botany / Zoology / Microbiology / Biotechnology / Biochemistry / Virology / Bioinformatics / Genetics|
|Political Science/11||MA||Political Science / Politics|
|Education/13||M.Ed. / MA||Education|
|Library and Information Science/15||M. Lib./ M.Lis.||Library and Information Science|
|Management/18||MBA or Equivalent Degree||Management|
|Computer Science and Application/19||MCA / M.Sc. MCS / M.E. / M. Tech or Equivalent Degree||Computer Science and Application|
|Earth Sciences/20||M.Sc||Geology / Geoinformatics|
|Physical Education/21||M.P.Ed.||Physical Education|
|Home Science/23||M.Sc. / MA||Home Science|
|Social Work/25||M.S.W/ MA||Social Work|
GSET 2019 Application Form
The application form of Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) for the post of Assistant Professor in universities and colleges of Gujarat State are available in online mode. To fill the application form candidates need to visit the official website i.e. gujaratset.in. Candidates who are willing to apply for GSET they are required to follow 2 steps, first step is to make the payment and register then for the GSET Recruitment Test. Candidates are suggested to visit the official website or our post to information on the same and also go through the Local Newspapers and Employment News.
Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) 2019
Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara has a authority to conduct the Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) on behalf of the Gujarat State. GSET 2019 is taking to recruitment the eligible candidates for the post of Assistant Professor of the concerned Universities / Colleges / State Government of Gujarat. GSET Examination is consist of two papers of objective type questions and eligibility for Assistant Professor will depend on the performance of the candidate in both the papers I & II of GSET in aggregate. After qualifying the GSET, Agency will issue E-certificates to qualifier candidates.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Q. Is there any age limit to apply for the Gujarat State Eligibility Test 2019?
Ans. No, there is no upper age limit for applying this test.
Q. Can anyone apply online for a GSET examination?
Ans. Yes, candidate who ensure the eligibility conditions prescribed in the advertisement of GSET are eligible to apply or you can check the above information before proceeding to apply.
Q. Are there any detailed instructions to guide an applicant for submitting an online application?Ans. Yes, Candidates can refer the detailed instructions which are provided on website gujaratset.ac.in for filling the form.
Official Website: gujaratset.ac.in