Gujarat SET 2019: Answer key of Gujarat SET 2019 is now available at the official website, gujaratset.ac.in. Download answer ley by using Registration Number and SBIePay Reference ID. Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) 2019 was conducted by The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara. The Gujarat SET 2019 was held at eleven centers namely Vadodara, Rajkot, Ahmedabad, Surat, Patan, Vallabh Vidyanagar, Godhra, Junagadh, Valsad, and Bhuj on the scheduled date. State Agency will conduct the exam for 23 subjects. Get here complete details of GSET 2019 such as notification, application form, admit card, result.
Latest: Answer key of Gujarat SET 2019 is now available. Check here
Gujarat SET 2019
The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara as State Agency for the Gujarat State conducts state Eligibility Test to determine merit for the teaching profession. Eligible and interested candidates can apply online at gujaratset.ac.in. Candidates who will qualify GSET will be eligible to apply for the job as Assistant Professors in UGC recognized institutions. Check the important dates from schedule provided below.
|Starting of fee collection||04 Nov 2019|
|Last day of fee collection||30 Nov 2019|
|Starting of Online Registration||04 Nov 2019|
|Last day for online application submission||30 Nov 2019|
|Release of Admit Card||23 Dec 2019|
|Date of Examination||29 Dec 2019|
|Releases of Answer key||30 Dec 2019|
|Declaration of Result||to be announced|
Gujarat SET 2019 Hall Ticket
Candidates have to download hall ticket before the exam. State agency, Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara, has released Gujarat SET 2019 Hall Ticket 7 days prior to Examination day. No hall ticket will be sent to the candidates by post. The candidates should download their hall ticket from the website to ascertain their venue of GSET Examination as mentioned in the Hall Ticket and appear in the examination only at the designated examination centre. No candidate will be allowed to appear at the examination center other than that allotted to him/her in the Hall Ticket.
Gujarat SET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Age limit – There is no upper age limit.
- Candidates must have completed or are studying in final year of UGC specified Masters degree.
- The candidates who have obtained 55% of marks in their Master Degree in Science, Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications. OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC can apply for the SET.
- The candidates who are belonging to Socially and Educationally Backward Class (SEBC) belonging to Non-Creamy Layer / Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) / PWD (PH-Physically Handicapped / VH – Visually Handicapped) category / Transgender category who have secured 50% marks in their master degree from any university/institute are eligible to apply.
- The candidates who are appearing their final degree examination or are going to appear or some candidates have already appeared and their result is still awaited. Then those candidates are eligible to apply, but they must complete their Master’s degree examination within two years from the date of declaration of result of GSET Examination with required percentage of marks, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
- The candidates who are belonging to the Third Gender or Trans Gender will get the same relaxation as they are available to SC/ST/PWD(PH/VH) categories. The cut off marks will be calculated lowest for these candidates.
- The PhD degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by September 19, 1991 (irrespective of the date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in the GSET Examination.
Gujarat SET 2019 Application Form
Gujarat SET 2019 Application Form is available online at gujratset.ac.in. In order to fill the application form, candidates have to pay application fee through SBI epay. Candidate must check there eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Candidates are neither required to send any certificate / documents in support of their eligibility not printout of their own Application Form to Gujarat State Eligibility Test office, Vadodara. A link to fill the application form will also be provided in the Application Form page in the “Quick Links” section above.
- General / Gen – EWS / SEBC (Non-creamy layer) Candidates – Rs. 900/-+Bank Charges.
- SC / ST / Transgender Candidates – Rs. 700/-+Bank Charges.
- PWD (PH / VH) Candidates – Rs. 100/-+Bank Charges.
Gujarat SET 2019 Exam Pattern
Gujarat Government will conduct State Eligibility Test (GSET) for determining the Eligibility of Gujarat state’s candidates for Assistant Professor in universities and colleges of Gujarat State.
Gujarat State Eligibility Test qualified candidates shall be eligible to apply for Assistant Professor and will be governed by the rules and regulations for recruitment of Assistant Professor of the concerned Universities / Colleges / State Government of Gujarat State, as the case may be.
GSET Examination will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held in two separate sessions as under:
|Paper||Number of questions||Marks|
|Paper I||50 questions all are compulsory||100|
|Paper II||100 questions all are compulsory||200|
MSU Baroda will hold Paper I the in first session. Whereas Paper II will be the in second session.
- Both papers will be of 3 hours.
- Paper 1 will be of general nature. Correspondingly, it will assess teaching/research aptitude. There will be questions on reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness. To point out, only 50 questions will be compulsory.
- Paper 2 will have questions on the subject selected by the candidate, significantly, all will be compulsory.
- There are no negative marks for incorrect answers
- There is no provision of re-evaluations of papers.
Gujarat SET 2019 Syllabus
Many candidates who will be appear for state level eligibility tests will also be appeared in UGC NET or CSIR NET. In view of that, the state agency has kept GSET Syllabus same as UGC / CSIR NET. So that it will be easier for candidates to prepare for Gujarat State Eligibility Test. You can download the syllabus from official website gujaratset.in. Go through the complete syllabus and prepare for SET. Focus on preparing theory and also solve multiple choice questions alongside.
- Mathematical Science
- Physical Science
- Chemical Science
- Life Science
- Political Science
- Library and Information Sciences
- Computer Science and Applications
- Physical Education
- Home Science
All in all, there will be 23 subjects. This is in fact three subjects more than last time GSET. Candidates should particularly select subject eligible for only.
Gujarat SET 2019 Answer Key
The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda (M.S. University) as state agency has declared the GSET Answer Key 2019 on official portal at gujaratset.ac.in. Nevertheless, some coaching centers will also release unofficial keys after the exam. Be that as it may, candidates can refer to GSET 2019 Answer Key to know correct answers. Also, they are able to estimate score and analyze selection chances using answer key. After exam candidates will get GSET 2019 Question Paper and Answer Key.
Gujarat SET 2019 Result
The Result will be declared on the official webiste, it will be available after the successful completion of examination. To qualify State Eligibility Test, the candidate must obtain cut off marks and be in top 15% in subject and category wise merit list. Result of Gujarat SET 2019 will be declared few weeks after the exam. Candidates can simply log in to check result. Details of cut off marks and preparation of merit list are explained below.
Step I: The number of candidates to be qualified (total slots) for Eligibility for Assistant Professor shall be equal to 6% of the candidates appeared in both the papers of GSET.
Step II: The total slots shall be allocated to different categories as per the reservation policy of Government of Gujarat.
Step III: In order to be considered for Eligibility for Assistant Professor, the candidate must have appeared in both the papers and secured at least 40% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together for General (Unreserved) category candidates and at least 35% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together for all candidates belonging to the reserved categories viz., SC, ST, SEBC (belonging to Non-Creamy Layer), PWD(PH/VH) and Transgender.
About Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda has been appointed and authorized as the Agency of the State Government to conduct State Eligibility Test for the University and college teachers of Gujarat(herein after referred as SET or GSET). On behalf of the Gujarat State, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara, the Nodal Agency announces holding of the 14th Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) on
29th December 2019 (SUNDAY) for determining the Eligibility of Gujarat state’s candidates for Assistant Professor in universities and colleges of Gujarat State. The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara, State Agency will conduct GSET in 23 subjects at 11 Centres spread across Gujarat state.
Ques 1. What is the full form of GSET?
Ans 1. Gujarat State Entrance Test.
Ques 2. How many papers will be there for Gujarat SET?
Ans 2. There will be two Papers I & II. Paper I- reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness. Paper II- based on the subject selected by the applicant.
Ques 3. What is the Application Fee for the GSET 2020 for the candidates other then the state of Gujarat?
Ans 3. For General / Gen – EWS / SEBC (Non-creamy layer) Candidates – Rs. 900/-+Bank Charges. For SC / ST / Transgender Candidates – Rs. 700/-+Bank Charges. For PWD (PH / VH) Candidates – Rs. 100/-+Bank Charges.
Official Website: gujaratset.ac.in.
For more information about Gujarat SET Download Information Bulletin 2019.