GSET 2018 or Gujarat SET 2018 is the 13th Gujarat State Eligibility Test. The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda has released the notification regarding GSET 2018. GSET Answer Key for the written examination has been released on October 09, 2018 at the official website i.e. www.gujaratset.ac.in. Objection form for raising objection has been also released. The Gujarat SET 2018 will be held at eleven centers namely Vadodara, Rajkot, Ahmedabad, Surat, Patan, Vallabh Vidyanagar, Godhra, Junagadh, Valsad, Bhuj and Bhavnagar on the scheduled date. State Agency will conduct the exam for 23 subjects. Get here complete details of GSET 2018 such as notification, application form, admit card, result.
The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara as State Agency for the Gujarat State conducts state Eligibility Test to determine merit for the teaching profession. Eligible and interested candidates could apply online at www.gujaratset.ac.in. Candidates who will qualify GSET will be eligible to apply for the job as Assistant Professors in UGC recognized institutions.
|Fill GSET 2018 Application Form||09 April 2018|
|Last day for online application submission|
|Starting of fee collection||09 Apr 2018|
|Last day of fee collection|
|Download GSET 2018 Hall Ticket||17 Sep 2018|
|Date of Gujarat State Eligibility Test 2018||30 Sep 2018|
|Result||to be announced|
The given schedule summerise all the vents in the GSET 2018. The candidates who are going to participate the GSET 2018 are advised to check it once.
Age limit – There is no upper age limit.
- Candidates must have completed or are studying in final year of UGC specified Masters degree.
- The candidates who have obtained 55% of marks in their Master Degree in Science, Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications. OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC can apply for the SET.
- The candidates whoa re belonging to Socially and Educationally Backward Class (SEBC) belonging to Non-Creamy Layer / Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) / PWD (PH-Physically Handicapped / VH – Visually Handicapped) category and have secured 50% marks in their master degree from any university/institute are eligible to apply.
- The candidates who are appearing their final degree examination or are going to appear or some candidates have already appeared and their result is still awaited. Then those candidates are eligible to apply, but they must complete their Master’s degree examination within two years from the date of declaration of result of GSET Examination with required percentage of marks, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
- The candidates who are belonging to the Third Gender or Trans Gender will get the same relaxation as they are available to SC/ST/PWD(PH/VH) categories. The cut off marks will be calculated lowest for these candidates.
- The PhD degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by September 19, 1991 (irrespective of the date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in the GSET Examination.
GSET 2018 Application Form
Application Form was available online at www.gujratset.ac.in. In order to fill the application form, candidates have to pay application fee through SB Fee Collect bank portal. In the first place, Candidate has to visit the State Bank of India website for fee payment. Now they have to pay the application fee through the SB Collect facility of State Bank of India
- Refer to official documents while filling up GSET 2018 Application Form.
- Pay application fee in prescribed mode only.
- Above all, keep in mind that you should complete all steps including paying fees and filling the form before the last date.
Application fee – Rs 800 for General and OBC candidates. Rs 700 for SC / ST / PH / VH / Transgender Candidates candidates.
GSET 2018 Hall Ticket
Candidates can download hall ticket before the exam. State agency, Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara, has released GSET 2018 Hall Ticket 7 days prior to Examination day. No hall ticket is being sent to the candidates by post. The candidates should download their hall ticket from the website to ascertain their venue of GSET Examination as mentioned in the Hall Ticket and appear in the examination only at the designated examination centre. No candidate will be allowed to appear at the examination center other than that allotted to him/her in the Hall Ticket.
Gujarat Government will conduct State Eligibility Test (GSET) for determining the Eligibility of Gujarat state’s candidates for Assistant Professor in universities and colleges of Gujarat State.
Gujarat State Eligibility Test qualified candidates shall be eligible to apply for Assistant Professor will be governed by the rules and regulations for recruitment of Assistant Professor of the concerned Universities / Colleges / State Government of Gujarat State, as the case may be.
GSET Examination will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held in two separate sessions as under:
|Paper||Number of questions||Marks|
|Paper I||50 questions all are compulsory||100|
|Paper II||100 questions all are compulsory||200|
MSU Baroda will hold Paper I the in first session. Whereas Paper II will be the in second session.
- The paper I will be of 01 hours and Paper II will of 02 Hours.
- Paper 1 will be of general nature. Correspondingly, it will assess teaching/research aptitude. There will be questions on reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness. To point out, only 50 questions will be compulsory.
- Paper 2 will have questions on the subject selected by the candidate, significantly, all will be compulsory.
- There are no negative marks for incorrect answers
- There is no provision of re-evaluations of papers.
GSET 2018 Syllabus
Many candidates who will be appeared for state level eligibility tests will also be appeared in UGC NET or CSIR NET.
In view of that, the state agency has kept GSET Syllabus same as UGC / CSIR NET. Thus it is easier for candidates to prepare for Gujarat State Eligibility Test.
Even if you do not know UGC / CSIR NET syllabus, you can download GSET Syllabus from www.gujaratset.ac.in or from this page.
Go through the complete syllabus and prepare for SET. Focus on preparing theory and also solve multiple choice questions alongside.
- Mathematical Science
- Physical Science
- Chemical Science
- Life Science
- Political Science
- Library and Information Sciences
- Computer Science and Applications
- Physical Education
- Home Science
All in all, there will be 23 subjects. This is in fact three subjects more than last time GSET. Candidates should particularly select subject eligible for only.
The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda (M.S. University) as state agency has declared the GSET Answer Key 2018 on official portal at gujaratset.ac.in.
Nevertheless, some coaching centers will also release unofficial keys after the exam. Be that as it may, candidates can refer to GSET 2018 Answer Key to know correct answers. Also, they are able to estimate score and analyze selection chances using answer key.
After exam candidates will get GSET 2018 Question Paper and Answer Key.
To qualify State Eligibility Test, the candidate must obtain cut off marks and be in top 15% in subject and category wise merit list. Result of Gujarat SET 2018 will be declared few weeks after the exam. Candidates can simply log in to check result. Details of cut off marks and preparation of merit list are explained below.
Step I: The number of candidates to be qualified (total slots) for Eligibility for Assistant Professor shall be equal to 6% of the candidates appeared in both the papers of GSET.
Step II: The total slots shall be allocated to different categories as per the reservation policy of Government of Gujarat.
Step III: In order to be considered for Eligibility for Assistant Professor, the candidate must have appeared in both the papers and secured at least 40% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together for General (Unreserved) category candidates and at least 35% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together for all candidates belonging to the reserved categories viz., SC, ST, SEBC (belonging to Non-Creamy Layer), PWD(PH/VH) and Transgender.
There will be no provision of re-evaluations of papers.
For more information about Gujarat SET Download Information Bulletin 2018.
Official Website: www.gujaratset.ac.in.