HP Police Recruitment 2021: Himachal Pradesh Police department is responsible for maintaining law and order in the state. The candidates are required to be physically fit for the job. The selection procedure for HP Police recruitment consists of physical test and written test both. The notifications for recruitments are published on the official website of HP Police. The number of vacancies is also notified in the official notification released. For more information about HP Police recruitment 2021 and other aspects such as mission and objectives of the Himachal Pradesh Police department, scroll down this page.
HP Police Recruitment 2021
The Himachal Pradesh Police works under the supervision of Home Affairs Department of the Government of Himachal Pradesh. Applications are invited online for vacancies in various posts such as constable and jail wardens. Go through the links given below for detailed recruitment procedure for each such post.
History of HP Police
Before the establishment of Himachal Pradesh Police, states such as Mandi, Chamba, Sirmaur, Suket, Bilaspur had their own police forces. Rest of the states had a common police force. In 1943, the rulers of various small princely states, known as Punjab Hill states, and the states mentioned above came together and agreed to having a common police force. The system was initially put in place as an experiment that would last for 3 years.
A 5-member Executive Committee was constituted for proper administration and functioning. Out of these 5 members, 4 were the rulers of one of the princely states The 5th member came from the nomination filed by the political agents of the Punjab Hill States. The committee appointed one of the members as its chairman. Finally in 1948, the police force from various princely states was integrated to officially form the HP Police. S.R. Chaudhary IP was appointed as the first Inspector General (IGP) of Himachal Pradesh Police.
Organisational Structure of HP Police
The Police department of Himachal Pradesh is headed by Director General of Police (DGP). DGP is preceded by 5 Additional Director General of Police, namely ADGP CID, ADGP Law and Order, ADGP HQ, ADGP AP&T and ADGP TTR. ADGPs are preceded by respective Inspector General of Police (IGPs). Refer to the chart below for complete organisational chart of Himachal Pradesh Police.
Mission and Objectives of HP Police
The Himachal Pradesh Police was constituted with a vision to provide a safe, sound and secure environment to the citizens of the state. The HP Police is working constantly to promote harmony and peace in the state and also contributing to the overall development of the state. It also works with the Police departments of the other Indian state and government agencies, when needed, for the purpose of national security. Read below the list of objectives that the Himachal Pradesh Police department aspires to accomplish each and every day.
Objectives of HP Police: Himachal Pradesh Police Department thrives to
- Provide security to the lives and properties of the citizens of the Himachal Pradesh from all kinds of anti-social and criminal elements in the society
- Bring improvement in the overall quality of life of the citizens
- Coordinate with police departments of other states and national security agencies to ensure national security in India
- Treat each individual with equal respect irrespective of his/her caste, religion, social status, economic status and affiliation to political parties
- Promote goodwill in the society and receive active participation and support of the community
- Provide due consideration to women, children, senior citizens and weaker sections of the society and treat them accordingly
- Improvement of professional knowledge and skill-set of the police force and use modern methods and practices in their work
- Ensure that the human rights are not tampered with and the citizens can exercise the right given to them by the constitution without any disruption
- Promote honesty, integrity and efficiency
Selection Procedure for HP Police Recruitment 2021
The candidates willing to hold the advertised post in the Himachal Pradesh Police Department are required to ensure that they are eligible and fit for the job. Such candidates need to go through the physical tests and written test to declare their physical and mental fitness for the job. The candidates must qualify both the rounds to be considered for the recruitment. Failing in any of these rounds will expel the candidate from the selection procedure.
The candidates shortlisted through physical tests and written exam will be recruited only after successful verification of their original documents and certificates. The information in the documents is matched with that submitted in the application form. In case of a discrepancy, the candidature of the candidate will be cancelled. Hence, it is solely the responsibility of the candidates to ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria and furnish valid, true and updated information in the application form.
Medals and Honors
HP Police holds an impressive tally of medals under its lap. The candidates can check the same from the list given below
- HC Geeta Nand of 3rd IRBN won Gold medal in light heavy weight category of the boxing event during All India Police Games held at Pune in October 2017.
- HC Atul Thakur, 5th IRBN won Bronze medal in super heavy weight category of the boxing event during All India Police Games, Pune.
- A constable in HP Police, Shimla, Ajay Singh won Bronze medal in light weight category of the boxing event during All India Police Games, Pune.
- Lady constable Rani of 5th IRBN won Bronze medal in 76 category of the wrestling event during All India Police Games held at Pune in October 2017.
Other Prominent Achievements of HP Police
The Himachal Pradesh Police has accomplished infinite milestones in its lifetime. Some of the prominent achievements of HP Police are given below:
- Successful conduct of the rescue operation where 3 citizens were flushed away due to heavy rainfall near Police quarters, Sadhupul link road, Junga. Gram Panchayat of Junga applauded the efforts of the police and issued an appreciation letter to the department.
- Removal of slush and debris during heavy rainfall in Junga in July 2015
- Organization of blood donation camp multiple times involving heavy participation of HP Police personnel
- Adoption of a village named Sakoh
- Successful conduct of de-addiction program at police line Bharari in July 2015
- Organization of Swachhta Safai Abhiyan
and countless others.
Official Website: hppolice.gov.in