HP SET Syllabus 2020: Candidates who have applied for HP SET 2020 can download the syllabus from here. HP SET Syllabus releases online at hppsc.hp.gov.in by the HPPSC. Himachal Pradesh State Eligibility Test (HP SET) is conducted for Paper 1 and Paper 2. The syllabus of both papers is released on the website. Candidates have to attempt both the papers within 3 hours. Questions in HP SET are asked in multiple-choice format. For every correct answer, candidates are given +2 marks. There is no negative marking in HP SET 2020 exam. To get more information related to HP SET Syllabus 2020 read the complete article.
HP SET Syllabus 2020
Candidates must ensure that they have hands-on detailed syllabus before getting started with the preparation of the examination. HP SET syllabus 2020 is available at the website as per schedule. The detailed syllabus and updated download links are available on this page as per schedule.
HP SET Syllabus 2020 of Paper 1:
- Teaching: Nature, characteristics, objectives and basic requirements.
- Learners characteristics
- factors affecting teaching
- Methods of teaching
- Teaching aids
- Evaluation system
- Research: meaning, characteristics and types
- Steps of research
- Methods of research
- Research ethics
- Paper, articles, workshops, seminar and conference,
- Thesis writing
- Questions based on the question asked
- Communication: Nature, types, characteristics, barriers and effective classroom communication.
Reasoning (mathematical including)
- Number, letter series, codes
- Understanding the structure of argument
- Distinguishing and evaluating deductive and inductive reasoning
- Verbal analogy
- Verbal classification
- Reasoning logical diagrams
- Relationship: Vein diagram
- Souces, acquisition, and interpretation of data
- Quantitative and qualitative data
- Graphical representation and mapping of data
Information and Communication Technology
- ICT meaning
- General abbreviation and terminology
- Basic of internet and emailing
People and environment
- People and environment interaction
- Sources of pollution
- Pollutants and their impact on human life
- Exploitation of natural and energy resources
- Natural hazards and mitigation
Higher education system: Governance, polity and administration.
- Structure of the institution of research and higher learning in India
- Professional or technical and general education
- Administration, institutions and their interactions
HP SET Syllabus 2020 of Paper 2:
The questions of paper 2 will be based on the subject selected by the candidate.
- Chemical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Physical Education
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Computer Science and Applications
- Tourism Administration and Management
- Mass Communication and Journalism
HP SET 2020 Exam Pattern
The examination pattern for HP SET 2020 is given below. Compared to the previous iterations of the exam, where there used to be three papers, now there are only two papers in the exam.
- Number of papers: There are 2 papers in the SET examination.
- Type of questions: Questions are asked in objective type (multiple-choice format).
- Total marks: The total marks including both papers is 300.
- Number of questions: 150 questions are there combining both papers.
- Duration of examination: 3 hours (1 hour for paper 1 and 2 hours for paper 2).
- Marking scheme: Candidates are awarded with +2 marks for marking every correct answer.
Check out the exam scheme below
|Paper||Number of questions||Total marks|
HP SET 2020 Preparation Tips
Interested candidates who want to make their career in teaching field must know how to crack the examination. Try to follow the strategies of toppers of the examination. Applicants may refer to the preparation tips for better and efficient preparation.
- Know the exam pattern: Candidates must know the exam pattern before beginning with the preparation of the examination. It will help candidates to design better preparation strategy. Also, candidates get to know about the weightage of each section.
- Syllabus of HP SET: Ensure that all the topics mentioned in the syllabus (both paper 1 and paper 2) are completed by candidates at least once. Mark the important sections or topics for revision.
- Practise previous year paper and mock test: Candidates must practise papers- mock test and previous papers for better preparation. By practising them, candidates will be able to manage their time, speed and accuracy. Also, it gives the idea about how candidates can improve their strategy for the examination.
- Read for better comprehension skills: The more candidates read the more their comprehension skills are improved. It will help them in aptitude sections, and other sections of the question paper.
- Revision: Revision dominated the preparation of any examination. If candidates are studying all the topics without revising them regularly, then it is of no use. Revision helps to keep topics studied fresh.
About HP SET
Himachal Pradesh State Eligibility Test (HP SET) is conducted by Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (HPPSC). Candidates who are able to crack HP SET are selected as assistant professors at college cadre. Interested candidates who are interested in HP SET must have a minimum of 55% marks in their master’s degree. The examination of HP SET is conducted for two compulsory papers namely paper 1 and paper 2.