HP SET 2020: Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission releases the official notification and application form for the HP SET exam online. Himachal Pradesh State Eligibility Test 2020 is conducted to determine the eligibility for recruitment to posts of Assistant Professors in Universities and Colleges in Himachal Pradesh. The application form is made available online at the official website, hppsc.hp.gov.in. The examination is conducted for 22 subjects in different examination centers. Those who qualify for the exam have to attend a final document verification. Get here complete details of HP SET 2020 including exam date, scheme of examination, admit card, syllabus, result and cut off.
HP SET 2020
There are two papers in HPSET, namely Paper I and II. Candidates can check the complete schedule of HP SET 2020 from below.
|Official notification||10 Dec 2019|
|Start of online application||10 Dec 2019|
|Last date to apply online||30 Dec 2019|
|Download admit card||to be announced|
|HP SET 2020 Exam Date||to be announced|
|Publication of answer keys||to be announced|
|Declaration of result||A few weeks after exam|
An Overview of HP SET 2020
The HP SET 2020 exam is conducted to select and qualify applicants for recruitment into the post of Assistant Professor in different Universities and Colleges of Himachal Pradesh. The Public Service Commission of the state is entrusted the authority to conduct the exam which it does on a yearly basis. Get a brief overview of the HP SET 2020 exam before digging into more details.
|Exam Name||Himachal Pradesh State Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Body||Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|Last conducted in||2019|
|Post details||Assistant Professor|
|Medium||English & Hindi|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Application fees||Rs 700/-|
HP SET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum educational qualification required is Master’s Degree or equivalent, from any UGC recognized institution.
- Master’s Degree should be obtained in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications.
- Candidates must have at least 55% marks in qualifying exam.
- However candidates belonging to SC (of HP), ST (of HP), OBC NCL (of HP), or PWD (of HP) should have at least 50% marks in qualifying exam.
- Candidates whose results are awaited, or who are still studying for Masters Degree are also eligible to apply.
- However such candidates should get minimum marks as above, and they should complete PG degree within 2 years of SET result.
- If candidate had completed Masters level exam by 19 Sep 1991, and holds a PhD degree, then he/she is eligible for 5% marks relaxation in qualifying exam.
- Such candidates who have PG Degree / Diploma certificate awarded by Indian University / Institute or foreign Degree/ diploma/certificate awarded by the Foreign University/ Institute must check equivalence of diploma/degree/certificate with Master’s Degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
Selecting Subjects For HP SET
- Candidates should opt for HP SET subject, same as subject of their post graduation.
- If their post graduation subject is not in the list, then they can either appear in UGC NET or CSIR NET.
- For example, a candidate who has post graduation degree in Acharya (traditional Sanskrit) cannot appear in Sanskrit subject.
Exemptions from HP SET
- NET / SET is the minimum eligibility criteria for Assistant Professor recruitment in universities, colleges institutions.
- However, those who have a PhD degree as per UGC regulations 2009 are exempt from NET / SELT / SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor(s) or equivalent positions in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions.
- Such candidates who qualified State Eligibility Test by UGC for Assistant Professor, prior to 1 Jun 2002, are also exempt from SET anywhere in India.
- In addition, those candidates who cleared SET from 1 Jun 2002 onwards, they are eligible to apply for Assistant Professor post in institutions, colleges, universities in those states where they cleared SET.
HP SET Application Form 2020
Candidates who are eligible can fill and submit application form of HP SET 2020 online at hppsc.hp.gov.in. Those who have a registration at HPPSC OTRS (One Time Registration System) need not register again; they can directly fill form by logging in. Others have to first create a registration account and then apply. One must keep User ID and password safely. They should also keep a copy of filled in application form.
|2||OBC NCL of HP||Rs 350|
|3||SC / ST of HP||Rs 175|
|4||PWD of HP||Rs 175|
|5||BPL of HP||Rs 175|
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay fee for HP SET 2020 via debit card, credit card, netbanking.
HP SET Admit Card 2020
- Applicants will be able to download admit card of HP SET 2020 at hppsc.hp.gov.in.
- Candidates can login with user ID and password in order to download it.
- It is also known as admission card.
- Candidates must take printout of admit card with photo identity card to exam centre.
- Examination centre assigned will be mentioned in admit card, and it cannot be changed.
- Test takers shall not get TA/DA.
- Candidates must not write any question on admit card.
- It is responsibility of candidate to ensure that photograph and signature in application form, and admit card are identical.
- Exam instructions and admit card are only uploaded online; no one will get it by post or any other means.
Instructions for exam
- Do not bring any sort of communication device like mobile phones, or pages.
- Also do not carry log tables, books, notebooks, any paper besides admit card and identity card.
- It is compulsory to appear in both exams.
- Candidates will not be allowed to go outside exam hall during exam without getting permission from Superintendent.
- Consumption of tea or smoking in centre is not allowed.
HP SET Exam Pattern 2020
The exam consist of two papers i.e. paper I and paper II consisting of 50 and 100 questions respectively. Check below the exam pattern of HP SET 2020:
Language: English & Hindi
Mode of exam: Offline (mark answers in OMR sheet
Type of questions: Objective type questions
Duration: The time duration for Paper I is 1 hour and for Paper II is 2 hours.
Marking Scheme: Each correct answer carries 02 marks. There is no negative marking
|Paper||No. of |
Using OMR Sheet
Candidates get Carbonless OMR Answer Sheets to mark answers. They must submit the original OMR sheet (upper part of pink colour) of Paper I as well as Paper II to Invigilator(s) before leaving the exam hall. However one can take away question paper as well as duplicate (Carbonless copy of green color) OMR Sheet once the exam gets over.
HP SET 2020 Syllabus
The complete syllabus of the HP SET 2020 exam is released by the Commission at the official website. The syllabus is released at the official website and includes the list of topics from which the questions are asked in the first and second papers respectively. Check out the indicative subjects included in the syllabus below.
- Teaching aptitude
- Research aptitude
- Reading comprehension
- Logical Reasoning
- Data interpretation
- Information and communication technology
- People and the environment
- Higher education system
- Chemical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Physical Education
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Computer Science and Applications
- Tourism Administration and Management
- Mass Communication and Journalism
Click here for more details on the HP SET 2020 syllabus
HP SET 2020 Subjects
Candidates are advised to apply for the subject that is included in the Master’s degree of the candidate. Those who select any other subject that is not included in the Master’s degree may get their candidature rejected by the Commission. The 22 subjects offered by the Commission for the exam of paper 2 can be checked from HP SET syllabus 2020.
HP SET 2020 Preparation Tips
There is no shortcut to go about the preparations for the HP SET 2020 exam. The syllabus is my no means minuscule and candidates must adopt a proper strategy to ensure that the cover the syllabus before the exam. Here are some important preparation tips for the syllabus below.
- Have a study plan before starting preparations. In the study plan, set a schedule for subjects to cover. Set the timeline in such a way that it leaves time for revisions.
- Collect learning resources at first. Get previous year papers, sample papers, mock tests, guide books etc. Utilise these to enrich your study plan.
- Refer to previous year papers to increase your chances of getting common questions. Furthermore, this can also help to understand the exam pattern in a better way.
- Solve mock tests to improve your time management skills and improve the number of good attempts.
Provisions for physically disabled candidates
- Such candidates who have physical disability, including visually handicapped candidates, more than 40%, they are eligible to access these provisions.
- They will get 20 minutes compensatory time for Paper I and 40 minutes for Paper II.
- If he/she is not in a position to write in own handwriting, then he/she can avail services of scribe. For this, they have to make a prior request at least 7 days before exam, in writing to concerned Centre Superintendent. Others will not get scribe.
- Such candidates who avail scribe facility can either opt for own scribe, or request for one from Centre Superintendent at least 7 days before exam. In such cases, they can meet scribe one day prior to test to verify whether scribe is suitable or not.
- On the other hand, those who get their own scribe have to present scribe alng with certificate of educational qualifications, to Centre Superintendent, at least a day prior to exam.
- Test booklets with braille are not available for visually impaired candidates.
HP SET Exam Centres 2020
The exam is held at various exam centers in Himachal Pradesh. All centers shall be in the following main cities. However, HPPSC may change the exam centers depending upon number of candidates.Please note that assignment of exam center will not be first come first serve. Therefore the exam center you get does not depend on when you apply. Center allotment is done after all applications are received.
HP SET 2020 Answer Key
The Commission releases the answer keys of the HP SET 2020 exam at the official website after the exam. The answer keys contain the correct answers to all the questions asked in the exam. At first, the Commission releases the provisional answer keys while the final answer keys are released after the submission of objections. Candidates are allowed to raise objections against the provisional answer keys within a specified time period. The final answer keys are released after the objections are evaluated. The final results of the HP SET 2020 exam are released on the basis of the final answer keys only.
HP SET Result 2020
As per the result of HP SET 2020, candidates are declared qualified for the recruitment of Assistant Professor in Himachal Pradesh. In order to create a list of such candidates, HPPSC first evaluates marks as per the final answer key. Then it checks how many candidates have minimum qualifying marks. Among them, the top 6% of candidates are declared as qualified.
HP SET 2020 Cut Off
Candidates must obtain minimum qualifying marks in order to be considered further as qualified. The minimum qualifying mark can be checked from the table below for each category.
HP SET 2020 Selection Procedure
Number of candidates to qualify HP SET shall be equal to 6% of the appearing candidates who appear in both the papers. However, if there is a tie in least qualifying cut off marks in any subject, then all candidates who have same marks will qualify; in this case the total number will exceed 6%.
Once result State Eligibility Test of Himachal Pradesh is out, candidates who qualify as per it will have to bring photocopies of documents in order to allow HPPSC to determine their eligibility. Documents regarding testimonials of following are required:-
- Post Graduation
HP SET 2020 Reservations
Only bonafide residents of Himachal Pradesh will get benefit of reservation. Such candidates who belong to reserved categories, but are from other states, will get SET Certificates only if they get marks equal to or more than cut off of General Category candidates.
Candidates who are SC of HP, ST of HP, OBC NCL of HP, PWD of HP, and BPL of HP are also eligible for fee concession (for exam). They must ensure that they have certificate of respective category that is on parental lineage issued by the competent authority. Candidates need not send relevant documents at time of filling up application form, however they need to show them later. Therefore one should ensure eligibility for category before claiming reservation.
HP SET 2020 Help Line
HPPSC has a working facilitation counter in order to help candidates. Candidates can get guidance and answers to their queries regarding form filling, and other aspects from there. Contact details of the helpdesk are as follows.
Telephone Nos. 0177- 2629738, 2624313 and 1800-180-8004 (Toll Free). Candidates can contact at these numbers on working days between 10 AM to 5 PM.
For more details of HP SET 2020, please download information brochure.
Q1. What is the official website for the HP SET exam?
Ans. The website is hppsc.hp.gov.in
Q2. How many papers are there in the exam?
Ans. There are two papers in the exam.
Q3. How many subjects are offered?
Ans. The Commission offers 22 subjects for the exam of Paper 2