HP SET 2020 – Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission has released the notification and application form for Himachal Pradesh State Eligibility Test 2020. The application form is made available onlie at tha official website, hppsc.hp.gov.in. HP State Eligibility Test 2020 determines eligibility for recruitment to post of Assistant professors in Universities and Colleges within Himachal Pradesh. The examination will be carried out in 22 subjects in different examination centers. Those who qualify the exam will have to attend document verification. Get here complete details of HP SET 2020 including exam date, scheme of examination, admit card, syllabus, result and cut off.
HP SET 2020
There are 2 papers in HPSET, namely Paper I and II. Candidate can check heck complete schedule of HP SET 2020 from below.
|HP SET 2020||Important Dates|
|Issuance of notification and application form for HP SET 2020||10 Dec 2019|
|Last date to apply online at hppsc.hp.gov.in||31 Dec 2019|
|Download admit card||to be announced|
|HP SET 2020 Exam Date||to be announced|
|Publication of answer keys||to be announced|
|Declaration of result||A few weeks after exam|
HP SET Eligibility Criteria 2020
- Minimum educational qualification required is Master’s Degree or equivalent, from any UGC recognized institution.
- Master’s Degree should be obtained in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications.
- Candidates must have at least 55% marks in qualifying exam.
- However candidates belonging to SC (of HP), ST (of HP), OBC NCL (of HP), or PWD (of HP) should have at least 50% marks in qualifying exam.
- Candidates whose results are awaited, or who are still studying for Masters Degree are also eligible to apply.
- However such candidates should get minimum marks as above, and they should complete PG degree within 2 years of SET result.
- If candidate had completed Masters level exam by 19 Sep 1991, and holds a PhD degree, then he/she is eligible for 5% marks relaxation in qualifying exam.
- Such candidates who have PG Degree / Diploma certificate awarded by Indian University / Institute or foreign Degree/ diploma/certificate awarded by the Foreign University/ Institute must check equivalence of diploma/degree/certificate with Master’s Degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
Selecting Subjects For HP SET
- Candidates should opt for HP SET subject, same as subject of their post graduation.
- If their post graduation subject is not in the list, then they can either appear in UGC NET or CSIR NET.
- For example, a candidate who has post graduation degree in Acharya (traditional Sanskrit) cannot appear in Sanskrit subject.
Exemptions from HP SET
- NET / SET is the minimum eligibility criteria for Assistant Professor recruitment in universities, colleges institutions.
- However, those who have a PhD degree as per UGC regulations 2009 are exempt from NET / SELT / SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor(s) or equivalent positions in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions.
- Such candidates who qualified State Eligibility Test by UGC for Assistant Professor, prior to 1 Jun 2002, are also exempt from SET anywhere in India.
- In addition, those candidates who cleared SET from 1 Jun 2002 onwards, they are eligible to apply for Assistant Professor post in institutions, colleges, universities in those states where they cleared SET.
HP SET Application Form 2020
Candidates who are eligible can fill and submit application form of HP SET 2020 online at hppsc.hp.gov.in. Those who have a registration at HPPSC OTRS (One Time Registration System) need not register again; they can directly fill form by logging in. Others have to first create a registration account and then apply. One must keep User ID and password safely. They should also keep a copy of filled in application form.
|2||OBC NCL of HP||Rs 350|
|3||SC / ST of HP||Rs 175|
|4||PWD of HP|
|5||BPL of HP|
How to pay fee? Candidates can pay fee for HP SET 2020 via debit card, credit card, netbanking.
HP SET Admit Card 2020
- Applicants will be able to download admit card of HP SET 2020 at hppsc.hp.gov.in.
- Candidates can login with user ID and password in order to download it.
- It is also known as admission card.
- Candidates must take printout of admit card with photo identity card to exam centre.
- Examination centre assigned will be mentioned in admit card, and it cannot be changed.
- Test takers shall not get TA/DA.
- Candidates must not write any question on admit card.
- It is responsibility of candidate to ensure that photograph and signature in application form, and admit card are identical.
- Exam instructions and admit card are only uploaded online; no one will get it by post or any other means.
Instructions for exam
- Do not bring any sort of communication device like mobile phones, or pages.
- Also do not carry log tables, books, notebooks, any paper besides admit card and identity card.
- It is compulsory to appear in both exams.
- Candidates will not be allowed to go outside exam hall during exam without getting permission from Superintendent.
- Consumption of tea or smoking in centre is not allowed.
HP SET Exam Pattern 2020
The exam will consist of two papers i.e. paper I and paper II. Check below the exam pattern of HP SET 2020:
Mode of exam: Offline (mark answers in OMR sheet)
Types of questions: Objective type questions
Duration: the time duration for paper I is 1 hour an for paper II is 2 hour.
Marking scheme: There is no negative marking
|Paper||No. of Qs||Marks|
Using OMR Sheet
Candidates get Carbonless OMR Answer Sheets to mark answers. They must submit original OMR sheet (upper part of pink colour) of Paper I as well as Paper II to Invigilator(s) before leaving exam hall. However one can take away question paper as well as duplicate (Carbonless copy of green colour) OMR Sheet once exam gets over.
List Of Subjects
- Chemical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Physical Education
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Computer Science and Applications
- Tourism Administration and Management
- Mass Communication and Journalism
Provisions for physically disabled candidates
- Such candidates who have physical disability, including visually handicapped candidates, more than 40%, they are eligible to access these provisions.
- They will get 20 minutes compensatory time for Paper I and 40 minutes for Paper II.
- If he/she is not in a position to write in own handwriting, then he/she can avail services of scribe. For this, they have to make a prior request at least 7 days before exam, in writing to concerned Centre Superintendent. Others will not get scribe.
- Such candidates who avail scribe facility can either opt for own scribe, or request for one from Centre Superintendent at least 7 days before exam. In such cases, they can meet scribe one day prior to test to verify whether scribe is suitable or not.
- On the other hand, those who get their own scribe have to present scribe along with certificate of educational qualifications, to Centre Superintendent, at least a day prior to exam.
- Test booklets with braille are not available for visually impaired candidates.
HP SET Exam Centres 2020
The exam will be held at various exam centres in Himachal Pradesh. All centres shall be in cities namely Shimla, Solan, Mandi, Dharamshala, Bilaspur, Hamirpur, Nahan, Una, Kullu and Chamba.
However, HPPSC may change the exam centres depending upon number of candidates.
Please note that assignment of exam centre will not be first come first serve. Therefore the exam centre you get does not depend on when you apply. Center allotment is done after all applications are received.
HP SET Result 2020
As per result of HP SET 2020, candidates are declared qualified for recruitment of Assistant Professor in Himachal Pradesh. In order to create list of such candidates, HPPSC first evaluates marks as per final answer key. Then it checks how many candidates have minimum qualifying marks. Among them, top 6% candidates are declared as qualified.
Minimum qualifying marks:- Candidates must obtain minimum qualifying marks in order to be considered further.
Number of candidates to qualify HP SET shall be equal to 6% of the appearing candidates who appear in both the papers. However, if there is a tie in least qualifying cut off marks in any subject, then all candidates who have same marks will qualify; in this case the total number will exceed 6%.
Once result State Eligibility Test of Himachal Pradesh is out, candidates who qualify as per it will have to bring photocopies of documents in order to allow HPPSC to determine their eligibility. Documents regarding testimonials of following are required:-
- Post Graduation
Only bonafide residents of Himachal Pradesh will get benefit of reservation.
Such candidates who belong to reserved categories, but are from other states, will get SET Certificates only if they get marks equal to or more than cut off of General Category candidates.
Candidates who are SC of HP, ST of HP, OBC NCL of HP, PWD of HP, and BPL of HP are also eligible for fee concession (for exam). They must ensure that they have certificate of respective category that is on parental lineage issued by the competent authority. Candidates need not send relevant documents at time of filling up application form, however they need to show them later. Therefore one should ensure eligibility for category before claiming reservation.
HPPSC has a working facilitation counter in order to help candidates. Candidates can get guidance and answers to their queries regarding form filling, and other aspects from there. Contact details of the helpdesk are as follows.
Telephone Nos. 0177- 2629738, 2624313 and 1800-180-8004 (Toll Free). Candidates can contact at these numbers on working days between 10 AM to 5 PM.
For more details of HP SET 2020, please download information brochure.