Assam High School TET Syllabus 2020 – The Government of Assam is conducting the examination for Assam high school teacher’s eligibility test 2020. Posts for which examination is being conducted are classical teacher, graduate teacher, and Hindi teacher. Examination for teacher’s eligibility test is conducting in 5 different languages – Assamese, Manipuri, Bodo, Bengali, and Hindi. Questions for TET are asked in multiple-choice questions (MCQ) format. Every preparation starts with books and syllabus. Read the complete article to know about Assam High School TET syllabus 2020.
Assam High School TET Syllabus 2020
To have an overview of Assam High School TET Syllabus 2020 is a must for preparation. Check the syllabus for all teacher’s posts below.
Syllabus for TET Manipuri Medium
- Modern Manipuri Literature
Poetry, short story
- Old and medieval Manipuri literature
- Aspects of Manipuri culture
Festivels: Cheiraoba and Lai Haraoba.
Indigeneous Games: Mukna and Sagol Kangjei.
- Manipuri folk literature
Folktale and folksong, and proverb and riddle.
- Significant features of Manipuri literature
Phonology – vowels, consonants and tone
Morphology – affix, and its types.
Syllabus for TET Bengali Medium
Syllabus for TET Bodo Medium
Syllabus for TET Assamese Medium
Syllabus for TET Hindi Medium
Part 1: General studies and current affairs
General studies –
- History and culture of Indian with special reference to Assamese History.
- Constitution of India and Indian Political system.
- General science and technology
- Geography of India with special emphasis on Assam.
- Economy of India with special emphasis on Assam.
- Mental Ability, logical reasoning, quantative aptitude.
- Secondary Education in India and Management of schools.
- Matters of state
- National and international matters
- Economic and political development
- Culture, art, literature
- Sports, games
- Technological advancements, etc
Part 2: Pedagogy and General English
- Teaching – Learning process and pedagogy
General principle of modern teaching, maxima of teaching, significant trends in the modern teaching learning process, process of learning, teaching methods and techniques, teaching skills.
- Educational psychology
Educational psychology meaning and nature, attention and interest, personality, education of children with special needs, inteligence.
- Psychology of adolescence
Significance of adolescence period, dimensions of development during adolescence, emotional problems in classroom, understanding the adolescent learner, juvenile delinquency, guidance and counseling, understanding development hazards during adolescence.
- Remedial Grammar
Determiners, tense forms, auxiliaries, direct and indirect narration, active and passive voice, appropriate preposition, anonyms and synonyms, pairs of words.
Letter writing, report writing, phrases and idioms, punctuation, sentence structure, paragraph writing, precis writing, miscellaneous corrections.
Assam High School TET 2020 Exam Pattern
With the help of an examination pattern, candidates can prepare better for their Assam high school teacher’s eligibility examination. Pattern for Assam high school TET 2020 is given below:
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions (MCQs) are asked in Assam high school TET.
- Number of questions: Question paper is designed with 200 questions.
- Maximum marks: Question paper is of 200 marks.
- Marking scheme: Each question carries 1 mark each.
- Language of the paper: Question paper is designed in 5 different languages – Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Hindi, and Manipuri.
|Subject||Number of questions||Maximum Marks|
|General Science and Current Affairs||50||50|
|Pedagogy and General English||100||100|
|Bengali subject for Bengali medium TET/ Manipuri subject for Manipuri medium TET/ Hindi subject for Hindi medium TET/ Assamese subject for Assamese medium TET/ Bodo subject for Bodo medium TET||50||50|
Preparation books for Assam High School TET Syllabus 2020
Candidates can refer to the books suggested below for their preparation of Assam high school TET 2020. These books are only for the common syllabus of TET.
|Books name||Buy here|
|Current affairs – Pratiyogita darpan||Click here to buy|
|General Knowledge – Lucent||Click here to buy|
|General English – Neetu Singh Volumne 1||Click here to buy|
|General English – Neetu Singh Volumne 2||Click here to buy|
|Assam TET for secondary educarion exam guide: |
Part I and Part II exam guide (popular master guide)
|Click here to buy|
Assam High School TET 2020 Preparation Tips
To sharpen preparation for Assam high school TET, refer to the preparation tips provided below.
- Refer to the books suggested above. They are as per syllabus and the official syllabus PDF. Make sure that you read all the books given in the syllabus PDF.
- Start preparing with the help of previous year question paper for better understanding of the examination pattern and pressure.
- Self-study can help you crack any competitive examination. Make a time table and start following that strictly.
About Assam High School TET 2020
Assam high school TET 2020 is conducted by the Government of Assam for the posts of Hindi teacher, classical teacher (Urdu, Assamese, Manipuri, etc) and graduate teacher. To apply for TET, the candidate must be a permanent resident of Assam and have a bachelor’s degree. Examination for Assam high school TET has two parts – Part I and Part II- and candidates have to clear both the parts. The minimum marks required to qualify are 60% for the unreserved category. After qualifying the TET examination, a certificate is issued which remains valid for 7 years.