IBPS PO Interview 2021: Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Probationary Officers requires a personal interview which is counted toward final selection. To be selected as a probationary officer, applicants who take the IBPS PO Exam 2021 will be required to attend the interview round. The IBPS PO Interview Round 2021 will put your communication skills, knowledge of the banking industry, current events, confidence, and personal questions to the test. To stand out during the IBPS PO interview round 2021, prepare for the questions that will be asked while remaining spontaneous and honest. Continue reading to learn about the IBPS PO Interview 2021 Expected Questions and how to answer them.
IBPS PO Interview 2021
This is the third and final stage of the selection process for IBPS PO candidates. This round consists of 100 marks. Candidates who passed the Mains Examination will be required to attend an Interview.
|Prelims Exam||04 & 11 Dec 2021|
|Prelims Result||December 2021|
|Mains Exam||January 2022|
|Mains Result||January/ February 2022|
|Call letter for Interview||February 2022|
|Interview||February / March 2022|
Documents Required For Interview
In order to be eligible for IBPS PO 2021, candidates must submit the following documents in original and self-attested photocopies.
- Printout of valid call letter
- Valid system generated printout of the application form,
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Photo id Proof as indicated in Point G of the advertisement
- Scorecard or certificates for UG or equivalent qualification etc.
- Caste Certificate issued by the competent authority
- Income and Asset Certificate issued by anyone of the Authorities as notified by the Govt of India
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
- Ex-serviceman certificate (if applicable)
- Candidates serving in Government / quasi govt offices/ Public Sector Undertakings (including Nationalised Banks and Financial Institutions) are required to supply a “No Objection Certificate”
- Candidates eligible for age relaxation must have required certificate
- Experience certificates, if any
- Any other relevant documents in support of eligibility.
Dress Code of IBPS PO Interview 2021
Kindly don’t go to the meeting dressed casually. Make sure that your interview attire makes a good first impression on your interviewer.
- Wear smart formals to the interview.
- A light-colored cotton saree or salwar kameez with a plain dupatta or a blazer with a light-colored blouse and trousers can be worn by women.
- Please keep your jewellery and makeup to a minimum.
- Men should dress in a light-colored shirt, dark-colored trousers, and a plain matching tie.
- Please do not wear athletic shoes. Put on your best formal shoes.
How to Prepare for the IBPS PO Interview
Personal Interview is the final stage of the IBPS & SBI PO Exam selection process. It is obvious that the final phase of the exam is just as important and crucial as the previous two phases: prelims and mains. Because the final score is calculated by adding the scores of the IBPS & PO Mains Exam and Interview, preparation for this phase becomes even more important.
The following are some pointers for the final day before the Bank PO interview.
- Before the interview, read up on current events, business, and institutional news. This would allow you to be confident in answering the majority of general awareness questions.
- Read your bio-data thoroughly to ensure that nothing is overlooked. Interviewers will ask you a lot of questions about your qualifications, so be prepared to answer them truthfully and convincingly.
- Focus on Situational awareness and the ability to perform under pressure, Leadership abilities and behavioural characteristics.
- Temperament and mindset, as well as cultural fit for the banking industry
- Self-assurance and communication abilities are required.
- Get a good night’s sleep. It is critical to arrive at the interview fresh and energetic because, depending on the candidate’s position in the list of interviewees, they may have to wait for a long time before their interview begins.
Commonly Asked Questions At IBPS PO Interview
There are three main themes based on which questions are asked in IBPS PO. We have compiled the complete list of expected and commonly asked interview questions at IBPS PO Interview. However, these are just indicative questions and the interviewers may ask additional questions at their discretion. The three fundamental themes on which questions are asked are available here:
(a) About the Candidate and their Specialization:
- Tell me about yourself?
- What is one thing that you simply want to vary about yourself?
- Why did you choose this specialization for graduation?
- Tell me about your favourite subject at graduation?
(b) About the bank:
- Who is the present chairman of the bank?
- Tell me about the total business dealing with our bank?
- What is the tag line of the Bank?
- Where is the head office of the bank?
- How do you explain the logo of our bank
(c) About General Awareness and General Economics:
- What are the secondary functions of a bank?
- Savings bank account?
- What is a foreign bank?
- What is kudki notice?
- Which is the largest bank of India and of the world on a current date?
- Name the bank which merged with another bank in recent times?
Qualifying Marks for IBPS PO Interview
The IBPS interview has a passing mark of 40 for general category candidates and 35 for SC/ST/PWD candidates. Based on the distribution of marks, there is very little chance of failing the interview.
The only way to fail in an interview is to start arguing with the panel. They will try to get under your skin in order to test your patience and etiquette. Candidates should put their best foot forward and answer all questions politely.
IBPS PO Final Results
The final merit list of selected candidates is prepared by IBPS based on the marks obtained in the Mains Examination and the Interview round. The merit list is compiled using the combined scores from the Mains examination and the interview round. The weightage of marks obtained in the main exam is greater than the weightage of marks obtained in the interview round. The weightage of the online main examination and the interview will be 80:20 in determining the final score.
IBPS will announce the final cut off for each category on a specific date. Candidates who meet the final cut-off will be hired as probationary officers in one of the participating banks. The final cutoff is determined by the number of available positions as well as the highest marks obtained by any candidate.
About IBPS PO
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will hold the IBPS PO 2021 exam to select eligible candidates for the position of Probationary Officers in various public sector banks in India. Since 2011, the IBPS PO exam has been held every year. All Public-Sector Banks (PNB, BOB, etc.), SBI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, LIC & Insurance companies, and other Banks that are regular members of the IBPS society are served by IBPS. IBPS launched the Common Recruitment Process (CRP) in 2011 to recruit officers and clerks in Indian banks, and it now accepts online applications through its official website. The IBPS PO exam is held in various locations across India and is only available online.
Official Website: ibps.inIBPS PO