IBPS PO Interview 2020: The final selection for IBPS PO 2020 recruitment is conducted through a face to face interview and document verification stage. Those who qualify through the Main exam automatically become eligible to appear in the final interview round. It is conducted by the participating banks. Applicants can download the call letter for the interview from the official website of Institute of Banking Personnel Selection, i.e. ibps.in. The final merit list is prepared on the basis of the performance in the Main Exam and the Interview. Read this article to know about the IBPS PO Interview 2020.
IBPS PO Interview 2020
IBPS PO Interview 2020 is the final round of selection and only those who qualify through the Main exam are issued interview call letters. These candidates are communicated the date, time, and venue of the final interview through the call letters as well as SMS/email. The complete schedule related to IBPS PO Interview 2020 is given below.
|IBPS PO Interview 2020||Tentative Dates|
|Conduct of Prelims exam||03, 10, & 11 Oct 2020|
|Conduct of Mains exam||28 Nov 2020|
|Declaration of Mains result||December 2020|
|Call Letter for Personal Interview||January 2021|
|Date of Personal Interview||January / February 2021|
|Provisional Allotment||April 2021|
Eligibility For IBPS PO Interview 2020?
The candidates who qualify the IBPS PO main online exam become eligible to appear in the personal interview round. Primarily, all applicants must fill the application form qualify in the preliminary online exam.
Once qualified in the prelims, applicants become eligible to appear in the Main exam. Now, the applicants must score the minimum marks needed to qualify in the Main exam.
Those who qualify successfully through these first two stages of exam of IBPS PO 2020 recruitment become eligible for the final interview stage. Such qualifiers are issued interview call letters through the official website and intimated the date, time and venue to appear in the interview through SMS/email.
Documents To Produce At IBPS PO Interview 2020
There is a stringent requirement to produce all original documents and testimonials to the authorities of the relevant participating bank (and/or IBPS) during the IBPS PO Interview. IBPS specifically enlists all the necessary documents required to be produced. The following documents must be produced at the interview stage in original.
- Printout of valid call letter
- Valid system generated printout of the application form,
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Photo id Proof as indicated in Point G of the advertisement
- Scorecard or certificates for UG or equivalent qualification etc.
- Caste Certificate issued by the competent authority
- Income and Asset Certificate issued by anyone of the Authorities as notified by the Govt of India
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
- Ex-serviceman certificate (if applicable)
- Candidates serving in Government / quasi govt offices/ Public Sector Undertakings (including Nationalised Banks and Financial Institutions) are required to supply a “No Objection Certificate”
- Candidates eligible for age relaxation must have required certificate
- Experience certificates, if any
- Any other relevant documents in support of eligibility.
Commonly Asked Questions At IBPS PO Interview
There are three main themes based on which the interview questions are asked to individual candidates. We have compiled the complete list of expected and commonly asked interview questions at IBPS PO Interview 2020. However, these are just indicative questions and the interviewers may ask additional questions at their discretion. The three fundamental themes on which questions are asked can be checked at follows.
(a) About the Candidate and their Specialization:
- Tell me about yourself?
- What is one thing that you simply want to vary about yourself?
- Why did you choose this specialization for graduation?
- Tell me about your favourite subject at graduation?
(b) About the bank:
- Who is the present chairman of the bank?
- Tell me about the total business dealing with our bank?
- What is the tag line of the Bank?
- Where is the head office of the bank?
- How do you explain the logo of our bank
(c) About General Awareness and General Economics:
- What are the secondary functions of a bank?
- What is a savings bank account?
- What is a foreign bank?
- What is kudki notice?
- Which is the largest bank of India and of the world on a current date?
- Name the bank which merged with another bank in recent times?
General Instructions for IBPS PO Interview 2020
Given below are some general instructions, candidates must keep in mind while appearing for the personal interview:
- The candidate shall be not allowed to appear in the personal interview if they fail to produce all the specified documents for the document verification.
- No document shall be sent directly to IBPS/ Nodal Banks by candidates before or after the interview.
- Prescribed Formats of SC, ST, OBC, EWS, PWBD certificates should be submitted at the time of interview can be downloaded from authorized IBPS website i.e. ibps.in.
- The candidate has to bring self-attested photocopies with the original document to the personal interview.
- The candidate is assessed over a total score of 100 marks.
- The qualifying marks are a minimum of 40% (35% in case of SC/ST/OBC/PWBD category.)
- The personal interview marks have a 20% weight in the preparation of the result.
How to Prepare for Personal Interview
There is no fixed pattern of questions asked by the interviewers in the interview. The candidate must exhibit a presence of mind, problem-solving abilities, and decision-making skills to influence the interviewers to give them the extra marks. The following are a number of ideas to ponder upon and implement during and after the interview.
- Listen Carefully: The candidate must hear the interviewer carefully then answer the question with all the grace and smartness that he can.
- Try to be honest: The candidate must attempt to be honest with the interviewers. Don’t be simple or on the face but be honest about your opinions and knowledge
- Know about yourself: The candidate must realize himself first because the primary question asked within the interview is about him and their area of specialty only. You must find out your strengths and weakness and your likes and dislikes.
- Prepare well-mannered answers: Take a thought of the way to sound well mannered while answering the questions. The candidate can add a couple of words before starting a sentence while making some extent like “gentlemen! I would wish to tell you that” or “sir! In my opinion”.
- Practice in front of the mirror: The candidates can practice at least his introductory speech in front of the mirror to gain confidence in speaking in front of the interviewers.
- Dress Properly and be presentable: The candidates must wear proper clothes for the interview and be presentable enough.
- Know about the institute: The candidate must realize the institute thoroughly and also about its history.
Suggested Dress Code For IBPS PO Interview 2020
Given below are some tips to dress appropriately for the IBPS PO Interview 2020. Although this is not specified, a professional dress code is always desirable at a formal interview.
For Male Candidates:
- Prefer wearing full pants and full sleeves shirts.
- Select a light shaded shirt for the interview.
- Avoid wearing jacket.
- Avoid vibrant colours.
- Do not wear sports shoes.
- Prefer wearing formal shoes.
- Keep a neat hairstyle.
- Avoid wearing jeans and tshirts.
- Wear a tie if possible.
For Female Candidate:
- Prefer ethnic over other dresses.
- Avoid flashy and revealing dresses.
- Avoid wearing jeans or jeans pants.
- Prefer cotton kurta for the interview.
- Do not wear a jacket.
- Avoid t-shirts, half gowns, trousers.
- Chudidar cotton suit is likely the best option.
- Avoid vibrant colors.
Following is the list of all the institutes participating banks in the recruitment process of IBPS PO 2020:
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Corporation Bank
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas bank
- Oriental Bank of commerce
- Punjab National Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- UCO Bank
- Union Bank of India
- United Bank of India
About IBPS PO Result 2020
IBPS PO result is released separately for all stages of the examination. The final result is calculated on the basis of candidate’s performance in the online exam as well as personal interview. The result has an 80% weightage of the score of online exam (main) and 20% weightage of the result of personal interviews. The candidate is given marks out of 100 in the personal interview and 225 marks in the online exam (main). The result is conventionally announced on the official website of IBPS.
Official Website: www.ibps.inIBPS PO