IBPS PO Personal Interview 2019 will be held in the month of January and February 2020. The candidates who clear IBPS PO Main exam are called for the interview round. It is conduct by participating banks. Candidates can download the call letter for the interview from the official website of Institute of Banking Personnel Selection, i.e. ibps.in. The final merit list is prepared on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the Main exam and personal interview in the ratio 80:20. For more information on IBPS PO Interview 2019 read the article below.
IBPS PO Personal Interview 2019
IBPS PO Personal Interview 2019 is the final round of selection and assessment of the candidates is done on overall basis. Following is the schedule of dates related to IBPS PO Personal Interview 2019:
|IBPS PO Personal Interview 2019||Dates|
|Date of Result of online exam Main||Dec 2019|
|Call Letter for Personal Interview||Jan 2020|
|Date of Personal Interview||Jan/Feb 2020|
|Provisional Allotment||April 2020|
Who qualifies for IBPS PO Personal Interview?
The candidates who qualify the IBPS PO main online exam will be eligible to appear in the personal interview. The candidate must have filled the application form properly and has appeared in the preliminary online exam. The candidate must score minimum marks needed to qualify the preliminary exam and appear in the main online exam. The candidate must not be involved in any kind of cheating and must not have disqualified from giving the exam.
Documents to be taken to the Personal Interview
Following is the list of all the documents the candidate must take to the personal interview for document verification:
- Printout of valid call letter
- Valid system generated printout of the online application form
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Photo Identity Proof as indicated in Point G of the advertisement
- Mark-sheets or certificates for Graduation or equivalent qualification etc.
- Caste Certificate issued by the competent authority
- Income and Asset Certificate issued by anyone of the Authorities as notified by the Government of India
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
- Ex-serviceman certificate (if applicable)
- Candidates serving in Government / quasi govt offices/ Public Sector Undertakings (including Nationalised Banks and Financial Institutions) are required to produce a “No Objection Certificate”
- Persons eligible for age relaxation must have required certificate
- Experience certificates, if any
- Any other relevant documents in support of eligibility.
Sample questions of IBPS PO Personal Interview 2019
The questions are asked in three basis which are
- About the candidate and his specilization
- About the bank
- About current awareness about the economy and banking sector
(a) About the candidate and his specialization:
- Tell me about youself
- What is one thing that you want to change about yourself?
- Why did you choose this specialization for graduation?
- Tell me about your favorite subject in graduation?
(b)About the bank:
- Who is the present chairman of the bank?
- Tell me about total business dealing of our bank?
- What is the tag line of the Bank?
- Where is the head office of the bank?
- Hoow do you explain the logo of our bank
(c) About general awareness and general economics:
- What are the secondary functions of a baank?
- What is a saving bank ccout?
- What is a foriegn bank?
- What is kudki notice?
- Which is the largest bank of India and of world on current date?
- Which bank merged with which another bank in recent times?
General Instructions for IBPS PO Personal Interview 2019
Following are some general instruction candidate must keep in mind if appearing for the personal interview:
- The candidate will not be allowed to appear in the personal interview if he fails to give all the required documents for the document verification.
- Non-production of the documents will make the candidate ineligible for further process of recruitment.
- No document should be sent directly to IBPS/ Nodal Banks by candidates before or after the interview.
- Prescribed Formats of SC, ST, OBC, EWS, PWBD certificates should be submitted at the time of interview can be downloaded from authorised IBPS website i.e. ibps.in.
- The candidate must bring self-attested photocopies with the original document to the personal interview.
- The candidate will be accessed from a score of 100 marks.
- The qualifying marks will not be less than 40% (35% in case of SC/ST/OBC/PWBD category.)
- The marks of personal interview will have 20% weight in the preparation of the result.
How to Prepare for Personal Interview
There is no fixed pattern of questions asked by the interviewers in the interview. The candidate must have a presence of mind, opinion and knowledge to clear the personal interview. Following are some of the tips for before and during the personal interview:
- Listen Carefully: The candidate must hear the interviewer carefully and then answer the question with all the grace and smartness that he can.
- Try to be honest: The candidate must try to be honest with the interviewers. Don’t be straight forward or on the face but be honest about your opinions and knowledge.
- Know about yourself: The candidate must know about himself first because the first question asked in the interview is about him and his area of specialty only. You must figure out your strengths and weakness and your likes and dislikes.
- Prepare well-mannered answers: Take an idea of how to sound well mannered while answering the questions. The candidate can add a few words before starting a sentence while making a point like “gentlemen! I would like to tell that” or “sir! In my opinion”.
- Practice in front of the mirror: The candidates can practice at least his introductory speech in front of the mirror to gain confidence for speaking in front of the interviewers.
- Dress Properly and be presentable: The candidates must wear proper clothes for the interview and be presentable enough.
- Know about the institute: The candidate must know about the institute thoroughly and also about its history. Candidates are usually asked about the institute they are app
Dress Code for the Interview
The candidates must be presentable on the day of the interview and must wear properly for the day. Following are some tips for dress code that candidates must keep in mind while deciding what wear for the interview:
For Male Candidates:
- Prefer wearing full pants and full sleeves shirts.
- Select a light shaded shirt for the interview.
- Avoid wearing jacket.
- Avoid vibrant colors
- Do not wear sports shoes
- Prefer wearing formal shoes
- Keep a neat hairstyle
- Avoid wearing jeans and tshirts.
- Wear a tie if possible
For Female Candidate:
- Prefer ethnic over other dresses
- Avoid flashy and revealing dresses
- Avoid wearing jeans or jeans pants
- Prefer cotton kurta for the intreview
- Do not wear jacket
- Avoid t-shirts, half gowns, trousers
- Chudidar cotton suit is likely the best option
- Avoid vibrant colors
Following is the list of all the institutes participating in the recruitment process of IBPS PO 2019:
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Corporation Bank
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas bank
- Oriental Bank of commerce
- Punjab National Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- UCO Bank
- Union Bank of India
- United Bank of India
About IBPS PO Result 2019
The result of IBPS PO will be declared in the month of April 2020. The result will be calculated on the basis of candidate’s performance in the online exam as well as personal interview. The result will have an 80% weighage of the score of online exam (main) and 20% weightage of the result of personal interview. The candidate will be given marks out of 100 in the personal interview and 225 marks in the online exam (main). The result will be announced on the official website of IBPS.
Q.1. Can I change the place of interview through any application?
No, the candidate cannot change the date or timing of the interview.
Q.2. Can I review my interview marks?
No, there is no provision for reviewing the marks scored in the interview.
Q.3. Can I change the bank preference after the interview?
No, the bank preference cannot be changed once it is submitted.
Official website: ibps.in.IBPS PO