IBPS PO Interview 2020 is going to be held in the month of January and February 2020. The applicants who clear the IBPS PO Main exam are called for the interview round. It is conducted by participating banks. Applicants can download the call letter for the interview from the official website of Institute of Banking Personnel Selection, i.e. ibps.in. The final merit list is prepared on the basis of the applicant’s performance in the Main Exam and Personal Interview in the ratio of 80/20. For more information regarding IBPS PO Interview 2020, read the article below.
IBPS PO Interview 2020
IBPS PO Interview 2020 is the final round of selection and assessment of the candidates is done on overall basis. The complete schedule related to IBPS PO Interview 2020 is given below.
|IBPS PO Personal Interview 2020||Dates|
|Prelims exam||03, 04, 10 Oct 2020|
|Mains exam||28 Nov 2020|
|Date of Result of online exam Main||Dec 2020|
|Call Letter for Personal Interview||Jan 2021|
|Date of Personal Interview||Jan/Feb 2021|
|Provisional Allotment||April 2021|
Who qualifies for IBPS PO Interview 2020?
The candidates who qualify the IBPS PO main online exam shall be eligible to appear in the personal interview. The applicants need to fill the application form properly and has appeared in the preliminary online exam. The applicants must score the minimum marks needed to qualify for the preliminary exam and appear in the main online exam. The applicants must not be involved in any kind of cheating and must not have disqualified from giving the exam.
Documents to be taken to the IBPS PO Interview 2020
Candidates can check the list of all the documents to be taken to the personal interview for document verification:
- Printout of valid call letter
- Valid system generated printout of the application form,
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Photo id Proof as indicated in Point G of the advertisement
- Scorecard or certificates for UG or equivalent qualification etc.
- Caste Certificate issued by the competent authority
- Income and Asset Certificate issued by anyone of the Authorities as notified by the Govt of India
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
- Ex-serviceman certificate (if applicable)
- Candidates serving in Government / quasi govt offices/ Public Sector Undertakings (including Nationalised Banks and Financial Institutions) are required to supply a “No Objection Certificate”
- Candidates eligible for age relaxation must have required certificate
- Experience certificates, if any
- Any other relevant documents in support of eligibility.
Sample questions of IBPS PO Interview 2020
The IBPS PO Interview 2020 questions are asked on three bases which are –
- About the candidate and his specialization
- About the bank
- About current awareness, the economy and banking sector
(a) About the Candidate and his Specialization:
- Tell me about yourself?
- What is one thing that you simply want to vary about yourself?
- Why did you choose this specialization for graduation?
- Tell me about your favourite subject at graduation?
(b) About the bank:
- Who is the present chairman of the bank?
- Tell me about the total business dealing with our bank?
- What is the tag line of the Bank?
- Where is the head office of the bank?
- How do you explain the logo of our bank
(c) About General Awareness and General Economics:
- What are the secondary functions of a bank?
- What is a savings bank account?
- What is a foreign bank?
- What is kudki notice?
- Which is the largest bank of India and of the world on a current date?
- Name the bank which merged with another bank in recent times?
General Instructions for IBPS PO Interview 2020
Given below are some general instruction candidate must keep in mind if appearing for the personal interview:
- The candidate shall be not allowed to appear in the personal interview if he/she fails to give all the required documents for the document verification.
- No document shall be sent directly to IBPS/ Nodal Banks by candidates before or after the interview.
- Prescribed Formats of SC, ST, OBC, EWS, PWBD certificates should be submitted at the time of interview can be downloaded from authorized IBPS website i.e. ibps.in.
- The candidate has to bring self-attested photocopies with the original document to the personal interview.
- The candidate are accessed from a score of 100 marks.
- The qualifying marks will not be less than 40% (35% in case of SC/ST/OBC/PWBD category.)
- The personal interview marks have a 20% weight in the preparation of the result.
How to Prepare for Personal Interview
There is no fixed pattern of questions asked by the interviewers within the interview. The candidate must have a presence of mind, opinion and knowledge to clear the private interview. Following are a number of the ideas for before and through the private interview:
- Listen Carefully: The candidate must hear the interviewer carefully then answer the question with all the grace and smartness that he can.
- Try to be honest: The candidate must attempt to be honest with the interviewers. Don’t be simple or on the face but be honest about your opinions and knowledge
- Know about yourself: The candidate must realize himself first because the primary question asked within the interview is about him and their area of specialty only. You must find out your strengths and weakness and your likes and dislikes.
- Prepare well-mannered answers: Take a thought of the way to sound well mannered while answering the questions. The candidate can add a couple of words before starting a sentence while making some extent like “gentlemen! I would wish to tell you that” or “sir! In my opinion”.
- Practice in front of the mirror: The candidates can practice at least his introductory speech in front of the mirror to gain confidence in speaking in front of the interviewers.
- Dress Properly and be presentable: The candidates must wear proper clothes for the interview and be presentable enough.
- Know about the institute: The candidate must realize the institute thoroughly and also about its history.
Dress Code for the Interview
Given below are some tips for dress code that applicants must keep in mind while going for the interview:
For Male Candidates:
- Prefer wearing full pants and full sleeves shirts.
- Select a light shaded shirt for the interview.
- Avoid wearing jacket.
- Avoid vibrant colours.
- Do not wear sports shoes.
- Prefer wearing formal shoes.
- Keep a neat hairstyle.
- Avoid wearing jeans and tshirts.
- Wear a tie if possible.
For Female Candidate:
- Prefer ethnic over other dresses.
- Avoid flashy and revealing dresses.
- Avoid wearing jeans or jeans pants.
- Prefer cotton kurta for the interview.
- Do not wear a jacket.
- Avoid t-shirts, half gowns, trousers.
- Chudidar cotton suit is likely the best option.
- Avoid vibrant colors.
Following is the list of all the institutes participating in the recruitment process of IBPS PO 2020:
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Corporation Bank
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas bank
- Oriental Bank of commerce
- Punjab National Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- UCO Bank
- Union Bank of India
- United Bank of India
About IBPS PO Result 2020
The result of IBPS PO releases in the month of April 2021. The result is calculated on the basis of candidate’s performance in the online exam as well as personal interview. The result has an 80% weightage of the score of online exam (main) and 20% weightage of the result of personal interviews. The candidate is given marks out of 100 in the personal interview and 225 marks in the online exam (main). The result shall be announced on the official website of IBPS.
Official website: ibps.in.IBPS PO