IBPS PO 2016 is the IBPS Probationary Officers / Management Trainees recruitment. IBPS PO 2016 prelims exam will be held in October 2016 and mains exam in November 2016. The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) organizes selection process for PO / MT recruitment in Public State Banks or PSBs.
- Name of the exam: IBPS CWE PO / MT Exam
- Organizing authority: Institute of Banking Personnel
- Offered posts: Management Trainee/Probationary Officer
- Exam level: National
- Exam mode: CBT (Computer based test)
For the IBPS PO 2016, complete details of application form, admit card, result are given here.
Latest news – Combined Result for CWE Main Examination & Interview has been announced.
IBPS PO 2016-2017
Interested and Eligible candidates can fill their application form for CWE PO / MT VI as per schedule here. Candidates are requested to read the complete instruction from here before filling the online application.
|Online registration including Edit / Modification of application||26 Jul to 13 Aug 2016|
|Download of call letter for online examination – Preliminary||01 Oct 2016|
|Online Examination – Priliminary||16, 22 & 23 Oct 2016|
|Result of Online exam – Preliminary||04 Nov 2016|
|Download of Call letter for online exam – Main||November 2016|
|Online Examination – Main||20 Nov 2016|
|Declaration of Result – Main||8 Dec 2016|
|Download of Call letters for Interview||January 17, 2017 to February 14, 2017|
|Conduct of Interview||January / February 2017|
|Provisional Allotment||April 01, 2017|
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Admit Card||Click Here|
|Exam Analysis||Prelims (16th October 2016 | 22nd October 2016 | 23rd October 2016) Mains (20th November 2016)|
|Cut Off||Click Here|
IBPS PO Eligibility
IBPS PO 2016 Eligibility Criteria elaborates the minimum and maximum age limit, educational qualification, nationality. Only eligible candidates must apply.
The eligibility criteria of IBPS PO 2016 will be given in detail in the notification (which is yet to be released). A few points are taken from the last year’s advertisement and given here. Changes if any, will be known once the notification is available.
Candidate should be
- an Indian citizen or
- subject of Nepal / Bhutan, or
- Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1 Jan 1962 with intention of settling in India, or
- PIO migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam.
Candidate’s age should be between 20 years and 28 years. Age relaxation is applicable for certain categories, specified below.
- SC / ST: 5 years,
- OBC NCL: 3 years,
- PwD: 10 years,
- Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including ECOs / Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs): 5 years
- Domiciled in J&K during 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989: 5 years,
- Persons affected by 1984 riots: 5 years,
Educational qualification (As on 13.08.2016)
A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognised by the Govt. Of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
IBPS PO 2016 Examination Pattern
The structure of the Examinations which will be conducted online are as follow
IBPS PO Preliminary Exam – Exam pattern
|Subject||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
Duration of the exam is 1 hour.
IBPS PO Main Exam – Exam pattern
|Subject||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|General awareness with special reference to Banking industry||40||40|
Duration of the exam is 140 minutes
IBPS PO 2016 Admit Card
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection will be releasing IBPS PO 2016 admit card / call letter / hall ticket, a few weeks before the exam date. Note that the admit card of IBPS PO 2016 prelims will be different from the admit card of IBPS PO 2016 mains.
How to download admit card?
- The admit cards are made available online, at the website ibps.in.
- Candidate has to log in using registration number and date of birth or password to download IBPS PO Admit Card.
- The admit card of IBPS PO prelims will be generated for all such candidates who had successfully submitted application forms on time.
- IBPS PO mains admit card will be issued only to those candidates who will have been declared as qualified in the prelims results.
Significance of IBPS PO Admit Card 2016
It is mandatory to carry the exam admit card to the examination hall, on the exam day. You will know about the center assigned through admit card only.
IBPS PO 2016 Result
IBPS Probationary Officer (PO) 2016 Result can be checked at ibps.in. Result of IBPS PO 2016 will be first announced for prelims, then for mains. Depending upon whether there will be a third round of selection or not (interviews / other round), IBPS PO 2016 Final Result, indicating provisional allotment will be announced as per schedule.
About IBPS PO Result
- Candidates can check IBPS Result in a similar manner they adopted for downloading admit cards.
- Log in facility is made available on the website ibps.in to check IBPS PO Result, as and when the results are announced.
- A specific window will be available within which candidate must log in to check result.
- Test takers can also download the score card (IBPS PO 2016 Score Card / Marks) once the result is declared.
Those who are selected by clearing all the rounds of selections will be recruited to the post of Probationary Officer / Management Trainee in the participating bank.
Books recommended for IBPS PO
|A Modern Approach To Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning Revised Edition by RS Agarwal||Buy online|
|A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal by Sijwali||Buy online|
|Comprehensive Guide to IBPS-CWE Bank PO/MT Prelim + Main Exam||Buy online|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S. Aggarwal||Buy online|
|The Complete Success Package – Bank PO Recruitment Exam||Buy online|
|Objective Computer Knowledge and Literacy||Buy online|
|Objective Computer Awareness||Buy online|
|Essential English Grammar with Answers by Murphy||Buy online|
IBPS PO Cut Off
IBPS PO 2016 Cut Off will be known after result is announced. You can go through past year IBPS PO Cut Off to get an idea of scores required for selection.
Maximum scores and cutoffs in each objective test
Process for arriving at total score, and cut off on total scores
Total online examination score = Scores obtained in Reasoning + English language + Computer knowledge + General awareness + Quantitative aptitude.
Bank Exam & Recruitment