IBPS PO 2020 – Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has announced the exam dates of IBPS PO recruitment 2020. CRP PO/MT-X prelims is scheduled to be held on October 3, 4, and 10, 2020 whereas main examination is scheduled to be held on November 28, 2020. Candidates, after qualifying prelims and mains exams, have to appear for interview stage. Check here complete details and latest news on IBPS PO 2020 including exam date, notification, how to apply online, exam pattern etc.
Latest: Exam dates for IBPS PO 2020 have been announced.
IBPS PO 2020
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection looks after all the events related to IBPS PO recruitment. Key dates related to IBPS PO 2020 are given in the table below.
|IBPS PO Recruitment 2020||Tentative Dates|
|Call letter releases for Prelims||2 weeks before prelims|
|Prelims exam||03, 04, 10 Oct 2020|
|Prelims result||1st week of Nov 2020|
|Call letter releases for Mains||2nd week of Nov 2020|
|Mains exam||28 Nov 2020|
|Mains result||1st week of Jan 2021|
|Call letter releases for Interview||2nd week of Jan 2021|
|Interview||1st week of Feb 2021|
What is IBPS PO Recruitment?
IBPS PO recruitment is conducted for selection of candidates to the post of Probationary Officers in various Indian public sector banks, except the State Bank of India. The candidates selected using the IBPS PO recruitment process are given the designation of Officer Scale-1 or Assistant Manager. All the recruited candidates have to undergo 2 years of probation period. Check the list of banks that participate in the IBPS PO Recruitment process from the image below.
IBPS PO 2020 Exam Date Notification
On January 16, 2020, the IBPS calendar 2020 got released. Through it, the exam dates for IBPS Probationary Officer / Management Trainee recruitment 2020 have been announced. IBPS PO 2020 calendar, along with the download link, is provided below.
Click here to download the IBPS Calendar 2020.
IBPS PO Salary, Job Profile, Allowances, Perks
The basic pay offered to a Proabationary Officer in public sector banks in India is Rs 23,700 per month. Check the table below for a rough estimate of monthly salary of PO.
|Type||Amount (in Rs)|
|DA (Dearness Allowance)||10,163|
|CCA (City Compensatory Allowance)||870|
Perks: Along with the allowances mentioned above, PO is also entitled to perks for the following.
Adding all the allowances and perks offered, a PO in a public sector Indian bank gets around Rs 42000 per month, out of which around Rs 35000 is in-hand salary received.
Job Profile: After the completion of the training period, the candidates are posted as Assistant Manager in Banks. The job of a bank PO is intensively multi-tasking and include the following:
- Dealing with customers
- Handling loan processing
- Supervising clerical work
- Supervising daily branch activities
- Monitoring daily transactions
- Handling customer grievances
IBPS PO 2020 Online Application Form
Interested and eligible candidates can apply for IBPS Probationary Officer recruitment exam as per schedule. Key details to be noted about IBPS PO 2020 application form are as follows.
- IBPS releases IBPS PO 2020 Application Form in online mode.
- To apply, prospective applicants need to visit ibps.in.
- The details to be filled in the form include name, email id, phone number, educational qualifications obtained, correspondence address. The applicants also need to upload scanned copies of photo, signature, thumb impression and handwritten declaration.
Application Fee: Candidates can pay the application fee amount using credit card, debit card, net-banking, cash cards or mobile wallets. Check the fee amount below, as per last year’s brochure.
|SC/ ST/ PwD||Rs 100|
Eligibility Criteria for IBPS PO 2020
The applicants must ensure their eligibility for the exam before applying online. Check eligibility criteria in terms of age limits, nationality and educational qualifications below.
Citizenship: The candidates must be citizens of India/ Nepal/ Bhutan or must belong to either of the following categories:
- Tibetan refugees who crossed over to India before January 01, 1962 with an intention to settle permanently in India.
- Persons of Indian Origin (POIs) who migrated from following countries and intending to settle permanently in India: Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia and Vietnam.
Age Limit: The age of the candidates must be between 20 years and 30 years.
Educational Qualifications: To be eligible, the candidates must hold a bachelor degree in any discipline or an equivalent qualification. The candidates must obtain the required qualification from an institute recognized by the Central Govt. of India.
IBPS PO 2020 Exam Pattern
Check below the exam pattern for IBPS PO 2020. Note that this exam pattern is as per last year’s information brochure.
- Type of questions: Objective (multiple-choice)
- Mode: Online
- Duration: 1 hour (20 minutes are allotted for each of 3 sections)
- Language: English and Hindi
- Marks/ unattempted question: 0
- Negative Marking: 1/4th of the marks assigned to that question.
- Total Questions: 100
- Total marks: 100
- Section-wise weightage: Check the table below.
|Subject||No. of Qs||Max marks|
- Mode: Online
- Type of questions in exam: Objective and Typing.
- Negative Marking: 1/4th of the marks assigned to that question.
- Marks/ unattempted question: 0
IBPS PO 2020 Cut-off
The candidates need to secure the minimum cut-off scores in preliminary exam and main exam to be eligible for interview. Candidates need to cross the sectional cut-off as well as overall cut-off score in the main examination. Institute of Banking Personnel Selection decides the IBPS PO cut-off scores based on the number of vacancies. The scores of the candidates in the main examination are not published until the completion of the interview process.
IBPS PO 2020 Call Letter
Applicants are issued call letters for prelims, mains and interview rounds of IBPS PO 2020. Important points to know about IBPS PO 2020 admit card are the following.
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection issues IBPS PO 2020 call letters online.
- Those who have applied can download it from ibps.in.
- The details present in the document are name of the candidate, roll number, name and address of exam centre, exam date, exam time, photograph, signature and important instructions.
Things to carry with IBPS PO 2020 Call Letter: Candidates need to report to the examination centres on exam day with the following documents.
- Hard copy of the IBPS PO 2020 call letter
- Valid photo identity proof (original and photocopy)
IBPS PO 2020 Result
The result of IBPS Probationary Officer 2020 exam is a deciding factor for all banking job aspirants all over India. Important aspects of the IBPS PO result declaration are encapsulated in the following points.
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is responsible for compilation and declaration of IBPS PO result 2020.
- The IBPS 2020 result is announced at ibps.in.
- First, result of preliminary exam is announced, on the basis of which candidates are shortlisted for the main examination. The prelims exam serves as a screening test only.
- Then the result of main exam is announced, on the basis of which candidates are invited for interview round and document verification. Final selection is made on the basis of candidates’ scores in the main examination and interview.
IBPS PO 2020 Selection Procedure
IBPS conducts the recruitment process for the post of PO in 3 stages. The candidates need to qualify each previous round in order to take part in the next one. Check all the stages of selection procedure below.
Preliminary Examination (Prelims): The candidates, who submit valid applications, have to appear for an online prelims exam. This is the first stage of the selection process. Candidates need to score the minimum qualifying marks in the preliminary examination to proceed further. However, marks secured in the prelims are not considered while preparing the final result of IBPS PO 2020.
Main Examination (Mains): Candidates have to appear for an online main examination next. It is considered as the most important round in the whole selection process. Scores in the main examination account for 80% of the weightage in the final merit list of IBPS PO 2020.
Interview: Only those candidates are invited for the interview process who secure minimum cut-off marks in the main examination. In the final merit list, the weightage of interview round is 20%.
IBPS PO 2020 Interview
The schedule and venue of the interview is intimated to the mains qualifying candidates through call letter. The candidates are required to download the interview call letter from ibps.in as per schedule and carry it to the interview center along with other documents. The interview process is conducted by the participating organizations. A total of 100 marks have been allotted to the interview round.
Minimum Qualifying Marks: Candidates must score more than 40% (35% for SC/ ST/ PwD/ OBC candidates) of the total marks to be considered for recruitment.
Documents required at the time of interview: The canddiates have to produce the following documents in original along with self-attested copies.
- Printed interview call letter
- Printout of online application form
- DOB proof
- A valid photo identity proof
- Graduation marksheets
- Graduation certificate
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
- Disability certificate
- Ex-servicemen certificate
- No objection certificate, for candidates in Govt./ Quasi Govt. offices/ PSUs
- Supporting certificates for age relaxation
- Experience certificate
IBPS PO 2020 Pre-Examination Training
The candidates belonging to certain categories (Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, minority communities) can avail the facility of pre-exam training at certain designated centres. It is arranged by the nodal banks and participating organizations. The candidates willing to opt for pre-exam training have to make their wish known while filling the application form for IBPS PO 2020. The training is provided free of cost to the eligible applicants. The candidates belonging to unreserved category cannot opt for pre-exam training.
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is an autonomous recruitment body responsible for recruitment of candidates in the Indian banking sector. IBPS was initially named Personnel Selection Services (PSS) at the time of establishment in 1975. However, in 1984, PSS was renamed IBPS. The institute conducts various competitive examinations in the country, based on which candidates can get recruited to the officer and clerical posts in Indian Banks. Currently, IBPS conducts the following recruitment exams: IBPS PO/MT, IBPS Clerk, IBPS SO, IBPS RRB Office Assistant and IBPS RRB Officer Scale-I, II and III.
Official website: ibps.in
IBPS PO 2020 Recruitment Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : No, the candidates must be graduate while registering for IBPS PO 2020.
Ans : Candidates need to register and apply only once before the prelims exam. Separate registration/application is not required for any other stage of the selection procedure.
Ans : Yes, a separate call letter is issued for each of these stages.