IBPS PO 2021: Institue of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has released IBPS PO 2021 Combined Mains & Interview Result, Provisional Allotment online at ibps.in. Earlier, the result and scores of the prelims exam were announced on the official website. The prelims exam was conducted on December 04 and 11 2021. The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts PO exam every year. The selection for the candidates is based on three stages – prelims, mains and interviews. Get complete details on IBPS PO 2021 from this article.
Latest: IBPS PO 2021 Combined Mains & Interview Result, Provisional Allotment is now available. Check here
IBPS PO 2021
The Probationary Officer (PO) examination is a national level exam conducted on a yearly basis. It is conducted to recruit candidates in various public sector banks in the country. The PO exam, like other government exams, consists of three stages i.e the preliminary exam, main exam, and the final interview.
|IBPS PO Recruitment||Important Dates|
|Start date of Registration||19 Oct 2021|
|Last date of Registration and pay fees||10 Nov 2021|
|Download of call letters for Pre- Exam Training||Nov 2021|
|Conduct of Pre-Exam Training||Nov 2021|
|Call letter releases for Prelims||20 Nov 2021|
|Conduct of Prelims exam||04 and 11 Dec 2021|
|Declaration of Prelims result||05 Jan 2022|
|Call letter releases for Mains||10 Jan 2022|
|Conduct of Mains exam||22 Jan 2022|
|Declaration of Mains result||10 Feb 2022|
|Call letter releases for Interview||15 Feb 2022|
|Conduct of Interview||February/ March 2022|
|Provisional Allotment||31 Mar 2022|
Overview of IBPS PO
|Name of Examination||IBPS PO 2021|
|Full form of examination||Probationary Officer (PO)|
|Conducting body||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)|
|Exam level||National level|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Duration||1 hours (20 mins each)|
|Application fee||Rs. 850/- ,175(for SC, ST, PWBD)|
IBPS PO 2021 Admit Card
The admit card for IBPS PO releases a few weeks prior to the day of conduction of the exam. Aspirants can download the IBPS PO admit card from the official website i.e ibps.in. The exam centre, exam timings, and shift are the main things to be checked in the admit card. Candidates must also check the code of conduct of the examination mentioned in the IBPS PO admit card. The students should mandatorily carry a printed copy of their admit card to the exam centre without fail or they will not be allowed entry.
IBPS PO Syllabus 2021
IBPS PO 2021 syllabus contains the details of the subjects and topics included in the exam. It helps candidates in preparation for the exam. Candidates are advised to go through the previous year papers, mock tests, etc to check the topics asked and the level of difficulty of the question paper of the IBPS PO exam. Check out the subjects included in the IBPS PO 2021 syllabus below.
Preliminary exam sections
- English Language
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
Main exam sections
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Awareness
- Reasoning & computer aptitude
- English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)
Read more: IBPS PO Mock Test
IBPS PO 2021 Exam Pattern
IBPS PO exam is an online examination conducted by IBPS. The prelims exam consists of three sections. Each section is of 20 minutes. The paper consists of multiple-choice (MCQs) based questions. There is 0.25 negative marking for every wrong answer in the IBPS PO exam.
Pattern for IBPS PO Preliminary exam
|Subject/Topic||No. of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 mins|
|Reasoning ability||35||35||20 mins|
|Quantitative aptitude||35||35||20 mins|
- Language: English & Hindi
- Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
- Mode: Online
- Type of Questions: Objective and Typing.
- Negative Marking: 1/4th of the marks assigned to that question.
- Marks/ unattempted question: 0
IBPS PO Preparation Tips
Cracking the IBPS Probationary Officer exam requires dedication, hard work and smart study. Every candidate should figure out their strategy for productive study to crack the examination. Candidates already have their own strategy to produce the best results for them, they can however consider the following important tips IBPS PO preparations.
- Start studying from the 1st day of preparation. Make a study-schedule and distribute time wisely. There is no shortcut to pass any bank exam.
- Set a study plan and make goals to complete the syllabus. Dedicate required study hours and effort to complete the decided study targets in time.
- Give mock tests regularly. Solving mock tests helps candidates to check the preparation. The weaker sections encountered and problems faced by the candidates should be studied carefully.
- Solve as many previous year question papers as possible. It helps students to observe the question patterns and a few question/s from them are also repeated.
- Refer to good books for reference. Although there are abundant books and guide books available in the market, choose wisely to cover all topics and the needs properly.
IBPS PO 2021 Analysis
|Exam Date||Shift Wise Link|
|11 December 2021||Shift 1 – Available!|
Shift 2 – Available!
Shift 3 – Available!
Shift 4 – Coming Soon
|04 December 2021||Shift 1 – Available!|
Shift 2 – Available!
Shift 3 – Available!
Shift 4 – Available!
IBPS PO 2021 Latest Updates
Prelims and Mains
IBPS PO 2021 Eligibility
The candidates must meet these criteria to be eligible for the examination. The IBPS PO eligibility criteria are as below.
- Candidates appearing must be an Indian citizen, or
- Subject of Nepal, or
- Subject of Bhutan, or
- Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 01, 1962, or
- Candidates of Indian origin who have migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Uganda, Kenya, the Republic of Tanzania, Zaire, Malawi, Ethiopia, and Vietnam with intention of permanently settling here.
- Minimum age: 20 years
- Maximum age: 30 years
Graduation degree recognised by Indian government
Number of Attempts:
Candidates can attempt this exam as many times as they want.
IBPS PO 2021 Application
The application form for IBPS PO 2021 releases on the official website, ibps.in. Candidates have to qualify for the preliminary exam to be eligible for the main. Check steps to apply for IBPS PO application form 2021 below
Steps to apply
- To apply, visit the official website, ibps.in.
- Scroll down the page to find the option ‘apply online’ present at the right side.
- Click on ‘online application for IBPS PO’’ link.
- Apply for the exam by providing the asked personal details, educational qualification, category etc and pay the fees.
- Candidates applying for the IBPS PO preliminary exam are required to pay the application fee of Rs.850/-.
- SC/ST/PWD candidates need to pay the application fee of Rs. 175/-.
- Fees can be submitted in online mode using the net banking facility of Visa/Master/RuPay/Credit/Debit card.
- The application fee is non-refundable
IBPS PO 2021 Result
The result for IBPS PO 2021 is declared on the official website of PO, ibps.in. The IBPS PO result contains the total marks scored by the candidates and also the marks scored in each section. The basic details of the candidate such as name, registration number, date of birth, etc are also mentioned. The final selection is made based on the result of both the preliminary round and the mains.
IBPS PO Selection Procedure 2021
The selection of the candidates for the IBPS PO is done in three stages i.e.:
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
On qualifying prelims, aspirants are allowed to appear for mains exam. The final list for the interview is made on the basis of the Mains exam and Preliminary round. Selected candidates are given posts in various public sector banks in the country.
IBPS PO Salary, Job Profile, Allowances, Perks
The basic pay offered to a Probationary Officer in public sector banks in India is Rs 23,700 per month. Check the table below for a rough estimate of the monthly salary of PO.
|Type||Amount (in Rs)|
|DA (Dearness Allowance)||10,163|
|CCA (City Compensatory Allowance)||870|
Perks: Along with the allowances mentioned above, PO is also entitled to perks for the following.
Adding all the allowances and perks offered, a PO in a public sector Indian bank gets around Rs 42000 per month, out of which around Rs 35000 is in-hand salary received.
Job Profile: After the completion of the training period, the candidates are posted as Assistant Manager in Banks. The job of a bank PO is intensively multi-tasking and include the following:
- Dealing with customers
- Handling loan processing
- Supervising clerical work
- Supervising daily branch activities
- Monitoring daily transactions
- Handling customer grievances
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is an autonomous recruitment body responsible for the recruitment of candidates in the Indian banking sector. IBPS was initially named Personnel Selection Services (PSS) at the time of establishment in 1975. However, in 1984, PSS was renamed IBPS. The institute conducts various competitive exam in the country, based on which candidates can get recruited to the officer and clerical posts in Indian Banks. Currently, IBPS conducts the following recruitment exams: IBPS PO/MT, IBPS Clerk, IBPS SO, IBPS RRB Office Assistant and IBPS RRB Officer Scale-I, II and III.
Official website: ibps.in
IBPS PO Archives
For more details regarding IBPS PO 2020 – Download Notification.
Ans. Candidates who have a graduation degree can apply for IBPS PO.
Ans. IBPS PO salary is Rs. 23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020.
Ans. The selection for IBPS PO is based on prelims, mains and interview.