IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2021: Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Probationary Officer exam is conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection every year. Candidates interested in the banking sector can apply for the IBPS PO exam by fulfilling some eligibility criteria required to take the exam. Criteria like correct age requirements, educational qualifications, citizenship, etc will be examined for eligibility. Candidates who do not pass the eligibility criteria won’t be able to sit for the exam. Therefore candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria thoroughly. Follow this article till the end to get detailed information about the eligibility criteria of IBPS PO 2021.
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2021
A candidate has to pass all the eligibility criteria to sit for the exam, any candidate who fails the eligibility criteria will not be able to sit for the exam and will be disqualified. Below mentioned are some particulars about the eligibility criteria for the IBPS PO recruitment exam.
Read more: IBPS PO 2021 Application Form
IBPS PO Age Limit 2021
As mentioned by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) the upper and lower limit for age is notified, candidates of age 20 to 30 years are eligible for the exam. Although there are some age relaxations for reservation categories. Any candidate who is born on August 02, 1992, or after August 02, 1992, and before August 01, 2001, will be eligible for the IBPS PO exam.
IBPS PO 2021 Age Relaxation
Some age relaxation is available for candidates belonging to reservation categories. The table below shows the age relaxation for different reserved categories.
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 Years|
IBPS PO Eligibility 2021
Candidates having the following nationality are eligible for sitting in the exam.
- Should be a citizen of India
- Can be subjects of Nepal or Bhutan or Tibetan refugees who have settled in India since 1962.
- Migrated citizens from Uganda, The United Republic of Tanzania, Burma, Zambia, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, and Zaire who are permanently settled in India.
- Migrated citizens must be awarded an eligibility certificate by the government of India.
A candidate should possess the following educational qualifications for being able to apply for the exam.
- A candidate should be having a Bachelor’s degree in any stream by a recognized University which comes under the Central government or the Indian government.
- Candidate must have a mark sheet/ degree certificate assuring his/her marks or percentage obtained in their Bachelor’s degree which entered during the IBPS PO exam.
- Candidates who are appearing in the final exam of their degree or in the final year can also apply.
Reservations For a Person with Disabilities
Candidates with standard disabilities are eligible for the exam. There are some reserved categories that come under this section which are as follows, blindness and low vision, locomotor disability such as cerebral palsy, deaf and hard for hearing, leprosy cured, acid attack victims, dwarfism, muscular dystrophy, intellectual disability, mental illness, and the person with a specific learning disability.
Guidelines for Person with Disabilities
- Scribe is allowed for candidates who are visually impaired due to some severe accident or mishap. Candidates can make use of scribes in both mains and prelims.
- The candidate will bring their own scribe and will be responsible for the same.
- The candidate and his/her scribe will have to give an undertaking confirming his/her eligibility.
- 20 mins extra will be given to candidates using scribe.
- The candidate chosen as a scribe, should not be a candidate for online examination.
Guidelines for Candidates with Cerebral Palsy
- Candidates will be allowed to use scribe only if the candidate will have 40% impairment.
- 20 mins extra will be given to the candidates using scribe.
Economically Weaker Section
- Categories like SC, ST, OBC whose income is less than 8 lakh per annum will be considered as economically weaker sections.
- A candidate has 5 acres of agricultural land.
- Candidates having a residential plot of more than 100-200 yards mentioned in the municipality are not eligible for the exam.
- An income certificate and asset certificate will be allowed for proving EWS.
Official Website: ibps.in
Ans. Candidates who have a graduation degree can apply for IBPS PO.
Ans. Final year/ semester candidates can not apply for the IBPS PO exam.
Ans. The maximum age limit for IBPS PO is 30 years.