IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2019 – Check out the IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria right here. The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) organizes the IBPS PO Examination on an annual basis to recruit young, dynamic and intelligent candidates for the post of Probationary Officers/ Management Trainees. The eligible and interested candidates needed to register themselves on the official portal i.e. ibps.in before the deadline otherwise, their applications won’t be accepted. A total of 20 government banks are participating in the recruitment process. Get here the detailed IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2019.
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2019
Please note that the eligibility criteria specified herein are the basic criteria for applying for the post. Candidates must necessarily produce the relevant documents in original and a photocopy in support of their identity and eligibility -pertaining to category, nationality, age, educational qualifications etc. as indicated in the online application form at the time of interview and any subsequent stage of the recruitment process as required by IBPS/ Participating Organisations.
From below view the Brief Details About the IBPS Probationary Officers Examination 2019.
|Name of the Examination||IBPS PO Examination 2019|
|Name of the Conducting Body||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)|
|Name of the Post||Probationary Officers / Management Trainees|
It is necessary to satisfy the eligibility conditions before you online apply for IBPS PO 2019. As in the case, any discrepancy is found later in the submitted application form against the original documents, then it could lead to rejection. Therefore, go through the eligibility criteria mentioned below and know whether you can apply for it or not.
Nationality / Citizenship For IBPS PO 2019
A candidate must be either –
- a Citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Age Limit For IBPS PO 2019
Minimum age required: 20 years
Maximum age required: 30 years
i.e. A candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.08.1989 and not later than 01.08.1999 (both dates inclusive)
Relaxation of Upper Age Limit
The Upper Age Limit Relaxation is mentioned below in the table.
|Name of the Category||Relaxation|
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 Years|
|Persons With Benchmark Disabilities as defined under “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016”||10 Years|
Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers
(ECOs)/Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs)
who have rendered at least 5 years military service
and have been released on completion of assignment
(including those whose assignment is due to be
completed within one year from the last date of
receipt of application) otherwise than by way of
dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct
or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to
military service or invalidment
|Persons ordinarily domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 Years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 Years|
- The relaxation in upper age limit to SC/ST/OBC candidates is allowed on a cumulative basis with only one of the remaining categories for which age relaxation is permitted.
- The maximum age limit specified is applicable to General Category candidates and Economically Weaker (EWS) Category Candidates.
- Candidates seeking age relaxation will be required to submit necessary certificate(s) in original/ along with photocopies at the time of Interview and at any subsequent stage of the recruitment process as required by IBPS/ Participating Organisation(s).
- In case of an Ex-servicemen who has once joined in a Govt. job on the civil side after availing the benefits given to him as an Ex-servicemen for his re-employment, his Ex-servicemen status for the purpose of reemployment in Government ceases.
There is no reservation for Ex-servicemen in Officers’ Cadre.
Educational Qualification For IBPS PO 2019
A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognised by the Govt. Of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
The candidate must possess valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate that he/ she is a graduate on the day he / she registers and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online.
- All the educational qualifications mentioned should be from a University/ Institution/ Board recognised by Govt. Of India/ approved by Govt. Regulatory Bodies and the final result should have been declared on or before 28.08.2019.
Proper document from Board / University for having declared the result on or before 28.08.2019 has to be submitted at the time of interview. The date of passing the eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the mark-sheet or provisional certificate issued by University / Institute. In case the result of a particular examination is posted on the website of the University / Institute and a web-based certificate is issued then proper document/certificate in original issued and signed by the appropriate authority of the University / Institute indicating the date of passing properly mentioned thereon will be reckoned for verification and further process.
- Candidate should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application. Where CGPA / OGPA is awarded, the same should be converted into percentage and indicated in the online application. If called for interview, the candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority inter alia stating that the norms of the University regarding conversion of grade into percentage and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of norms.
- Calculation of Percentage: The percentage marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all semester(s)/year(s) by aggregate maximum marks (in all the subjects irrespective of honours /optional/additional optional subject, if any) multiplied by 100. This will be applicable for those Universities also where Class / Grade is decided on the basis of Honours marks only. The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.