IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2020: The IBPS PO examination is organized once a year by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS). It is conducted for the recruitment of dynamic, intelligent, and young candidates who can fulfill the responsibilities of a Probationary Officer in different Public Sector Banks (PSBs). Therefore, IBPS sets stringent eligibility criteria that must be matched by all applicants. No wonder it is always recommended to check the eligibility conditions before applying for the exam. We have presented the complete IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2020 here in this article for the convenience of our readers.
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2020
Besides other stringent eligibility conditions pertaining to the academic affiliations and age limitations, candidates must also conform with the eligibility conditions related to nationality. Specific relaxations are however allowed by IBPS to candidates belonging to different reserved categories. Scroll down and read on to know about the complete eligibility conditions in detail.
Check out a brief overview of the IBPS PO 2020
|Name of the Examination||Common Recruitment Process for|
Probationary Officer/Management Trainee posts
|Name of the Conducting Body||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)|
Before applying online for IBPS PO 2020, the students must satisfy all the eligibility criteria. In case any discrepancy found later after the submission of the application form against the original documents, then it will lead to rejection. Therefore, it is advisable for the candidates to go through the eligibility conditions mentioned here on this page and verify whether one is eligible to apply or not.
Nationality Of IBPS PO 2020 Applicants
A candidate must be either –
- A Citizen of India or
- A citizen of Nepal or
- A citizen of Bhutan
- A Tibetan Refugee who approached India before first January 1962 to forever settle in India or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam intending to permanently settle in India, provided that a candidate belonging to above categories shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Age Limit Of IBPS PO 2020 Applicants
IBPS sets limitations upon the lower and upper age of applicants. All candidates must conform with the age limitations are specified by the Institute. Check out the maximum and minimum age of applicants from below.
- Minimum age limit- 20 years
- Maximum age limit- 30 years
Relaxations On Age Limit Of IBPS PO 2020 Applicants
Although candidates must conform to the age limitations as specified in the preceding section of this article, there are provisions for relaxations in the upper age limit as per government norms.
Candidates belonging to specific reserved categories are allowed certain fixed years of relaxation over the upper age limit. Check out the category-wise age limitations here below.
|Name of the Category||Relaxation|
|Other Backward Category (OBC) Non creamy Layer||3 Years|
|Benchmark Disability (under the Rights of Person with Disability Act,2016)||10 Years|
|Domicile of Jammu and Kashmir||5 Years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 Years|
Note: Ex-Servicemen include dispatched officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers
(ECOs)/Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered service in any event 5 years military help also have been discharged on the finish of the task (counting those whose task is expected to be finished inside one year from the last date of receipt of utilization) in any case than by method for expulsion or release by virtue of unfortunate behavior or on the other hand wastefulness or physical incapacity inferable from military assistance.
Important Underlying Conditions Of Age Limitations For IBPS PO 2020
- The unwinding in the upper age point of confinement to SC/ST/OBC competitors is permitted on an aggregate premise with just one of the rest of the classifications for which age unwinding is allowed.
- The greatest age limit determined is material to General Category competitors and Economically Weaker (EWS) Category Candidates.
- Applicants looking for age unwinding will be required to submit an essential certificate(s) in unique/alongside photocopies at the hour of Interview and at any resulting phase of the enlistment procedure as required by IBPS/Participating Organisation(s).
- If there should be an occurrence of an Ex-servicemen who has once participated in a Govt. work on the common side in the wake of profiting the advantages given to him as an Ex-servicemen for his re-business, his Ex-servicemen status with the end goal of reemployment in Government stops.
- No reservation for Ex-Servicemen in Officers’ cadre.
Educational Qualification Of IBPS PO 2020 Applicants (As on 28 August 2020)
IBPS require applicants to be at least a graduate degree holder to apply for the IBPS PO 2020 recruitment event. The complete details of the minimum requisite educational qualifications are provided here below.
- Students should have the degree of graduation from a University perceived by the Indian Government.
- Candidates must possess a valid mark-sheet or degree certificate indicating the percentage of marks secured in graduation. If the marking scheme is in CGPA then it should be converted in the form of a percentage. At the time of the interview, they need to produce all the relevant documents.
- Whenever called for the interview, candidates must give a declaration provided by relevant authority certifying that the standards of the University concerning the change of evaluation into the rate and the level of imprints scored by the competitor as far as standards.
- The students must need to convert the marks in their Graduation courses to the nearest two decimals in the online application form.
Figuring of Percentage: The percentage of marks will be calculated by dividing the total marks obtained by the aspirants in all the subjects of all the semester throughout in graduation period by aggregate maximum marks multiplied by 100. The division of rate so showed up will be disregarded for example 59.99% will be treated as under 60% and 54.99% will be treated as under 55%