Indian Army JCO 2016-17 – Join Indian Army, Government of India has notified in regard of Recruitment 2016-17 for filling up Junior Commissioned Officers (Religious Teacher) against RRT Course 83 & 84. There are 72 vacancies for Pandit, Granthi, Pandit (Gorkha) for Gorkha Regiments, Maulvi (Shia) for Ladakh Scouts and Bodh Monk (Mahayana). All eligible Male candidates can apply in the prescribed format for Join Indian Army JCO 2016-17. Selection will be made on the basis of screening (checking of original certificate, physical fitness test, medical examination) written examination and interview.
Get here complete details of Indian Army JCO 2016-17 for Junior Commissioned Officer / Other Rank (OR), such as application form, admit card, result.
Latest – Final Result of Indian Army JCO 2016-17 for Junior Commissioned Officer / Other Rank (OR) has been announced.
|Application Form||Click Here|
|Admit Card||Click here|
Indian Army JCO 2016 – 2017
Interested candidates can apply for Indian Army JCO 2016-17 for Junior Commissioned Officer / Other Rank (OR) as per schedule date mentioned below. Before going to apply candidates must read all the details carefully. Official website of Join Indian Army is joinindianarmy.nic.in
Total No. of Vacancies: 72
- Pandit – 59
- Granthi – 06
- Pandit (Gorkha) for Gorkha Regiments – 02 Only for Gorkha candidates
- Maulvi (Shia) for Ladakh Scouts – 02 Only Ladakhi Muslim Shia Candidates
- Bodh Monk (Mahayana) – 03 For only Buddhist (Mahayana) candidates
Age Limit :
- Civilian Candidates – 27 to 34 years of age as on 01 Oct 2017
- Serving Combatant – 25 to 34 years of age as on 01 Oct 2017
Education Qualification : Graducation in any discipline from a recognized university.
Pay, Allowances and Perk : The JCO (RT) will be placed at the minimum pay scale of Rs. 9300-34800. In addition they will be entitled to DA, free accommodation, entitled ration for self, uniform, free medical and leave travel concession for self, family, and dependents, canteen facilities and other allowances as admissible to the regular Army.
Appointment – On successful completion of training the candidates will be commissioned as Religious Teachers in the rank of Naib Subedar.
Promotion – All JCOs (Religious Teachers) will become eligible for substantive rank of Subedar/Risaldar on completion of at least 10 years service as Religious Teachers (RT).
Schedule of events for the Indian Army JCO 2016-17 is given below.
|Start of Online Registration||10 Oct 2016|
|Last date of Online Registration||08 Nov 2016|
|Date of Written Examination||26 Feb 2017|
|Declaration of Result of Written Exam||28 Mar 2017|
|Declaration of Final Result||06 May 2017|
Educational Qualification :
The minimum educational qualification for appointment to Junior Commissioned Officers (Religious Teacher) will be Graduate in any discipline from a recognized university. In addition to this they must also possess following qualification according to the religious denomination of the individual:-
Pandit : Hindu candidates with Madhyama in Sanskrit or Bhushan in Hindi or equivalent standard in the regional language concerned. OR Those who have passed BA with Sanskrit / Hindi as one of the elective (Main) subjects but have not done Madhyama in Sanskrit or Bhushan in Hindi.
Granthi: Sikh candidates with Vidwan in Punjabi or equivalent standard in the regional language concerned OR Those who have passed BA with Punjabi as one of the elective (main) subjects but have not done Vidwan in Punjabi.
Pandit (Gorkha) for Gorkha Regiment : Hindu (Gorkha) candidates with Madhyama in Sanskrit or Bhushan in Hindi or equivalent standard in the Nepali Language OR Those who have passed BA with Sanskrit / Hindi as one of the elective (Main) subjects but have not done Madhyama in Sanskrit or Bhushan in Hindi
Maulvi (Shia) for Ladakh Scouts : Muslim Shia Ladakh personnel candidates with Maulvi Alim in Arabic, Adib Alim in Urdu or equivalent standard in the regional language concerned. OR Those who have passed BA with Arabic/Urdu as one of the elective (Main) subject but who have not done Maulvi Alim in Arabic or Adib Alim in Urdu.
Bodh Monk (Mahayana) : Buddhist (Mahayana) candidates who have been ordained Monk/Buddhist Priest, by the Appropriate Authority. The term Appropriate Authority will mean Head Priest of the Monastery where the person has been initiated into priesthood. The head priest should be in possession of Geshe (PhD) of Khanpa or Lopon or Rabjam with proper certificate from Monastery.
Note : For service candidates applying for remustering the minimum qualification will be 10+2.
- A candidate should have robust physique and mental health, chest should be well developed having minimum 5 cm expansion, should have normal hearing with each ear, should have sufficient number of natural teeth, i.e. 14 dental points with healthy gums. Candidate should not have diseases like deformity of bones, hydrocele, varicose veins or piles
- Candidates may contact nearest Recruiting Office / Zones given for existing rules on acceptable medical standards.
|Height (cm)||160 (157 for Pandit Gorkha, Bodh Monk & Maulvi Shia)|
|Physical Fitness Test||Candidate should be able to run 1600 Meter in 08 Minutes|
Candidates found eligible will be called for initial screening which will include checking of original certificate, physical fitness test followed by medical examination at respective Headquarters Recruiting Zone/Regimental Centres concerned.
Written Examination and Interview
Screened candidates will be put through written examination which will be conducted on 26 Feb 2017 and will comprise of two papers as follows:-
- Paper – I (Maximum Marks – 100). This paper will contain objective type questions on general awareness and will be common to candidates of all Religious denominations. Pass marks 40%.
Note: – Paper-I is a qualifying exam only. Marks not counted while preparation of merit list for appearing in the interview or final selection.
- PAPER- II (Maximum Marks – 100). This paper will contain objective questions to check the knowledge specific to particular religious denominations to which the candidate belongs.
- In Paper-II candidates are required to secure a minimum of 40 marks out of total 100 marks and come in the merit list to be eligible for appearing in the interview. The number of candidates to be called for interview will be approx 2 (two) to 3 (three) times the number of vacancies. Only those candidates who come in the merit will be interviewed by a board of officers at the nominated Regimental Centre.
- The names of candidates declared successful in the written examination and short listed for interview will be put on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in by 25 Mar 2017.
- Candidates are required to secure a minimum 50 out of 100 marks to qualify in the interview.
- The final selection will be based on merit list drawn on the basis of the total marks obtained in Paper-II and Interview.
- Candidates finally selected will be enrolled as JCO (RT) and will undergo six weeks training at respective Regimental Centre followed by eleven week training at Institute of National Integration (INI), Pune
- Rejection can take place at any stage during training also.