Indian Army JCO 2021 – Indian Army has announced the recruitment for the post of Junior commissioned officers as religious teachers. Eligible candidates can apply by visiting joinindianarmy.nic.in. There are vacancies for Pandit, Granthi, Padre, Maulvi, Pandit (Gorkha) for Gorkha Regiments, Maulvi (Shia) for Ladakh Scouts and Bodh Monk (Mahayana). All eligible Male candidates could apply in the prescribed format for Indian Army JCO. The total number of vacancies announced by the army is 194. The selection is made on the basis of screening (checking of the original certificate, physical fitness test, medical examination) written examination and interview. Get here complete details of Indian Army JCO 2021 (Religious Teacher) for RRT 91, 92, 93, 94 and 94 courses.
Latest: The online applications for Indian Army JCO 2021 is now available. Click here to apply.
Indian Army JCO 2021
Candidates need to pass paper 2 and interview to be finally selected for the post. The candidates can check the schedule table from below to be updated with the important dates and events.
|Start of Online Registration||11 Jan 2021|
|Last date of Online Registration||09 Feb 2021|
|Last date of offline application||01 Mar 2021|
|Date of Written Examination||27 Jun 2021|
|Declaration of Result of Written Exam||to be announced|
|Declaration of Final Result||to be announced|
Indian Army JCO 2021 Notification
The official notification for Indian Army JCO is now available. Get the direct link to download the Indian Army JCO 2021 Notification below.
Indian Army JCO Eligibility Criteria 2021
To get a hold on to one of the posts announced by the Indian Army, then the candidates must fulfil the eligibility criteria. To check their eligibility for the post candidates can check the eligibility criteria prescribed by the Indian Army from below.
Age Limit: Candidates must lie in the age bracket of 25 years and not above 34 years of age.
Educational Qualifications: The minimum educational qualification for Junior Commissioned Officers (Religious Teacher) is a Graduate in any discipline from a recognized university. In addition to this they also possess the following qualification:
- Pandit and Pandit (Gorkha) for Gorkha Regiment – Hindu candidates with Acharya in Sanskrit OR Shastri in Sanskrit with one-year diploma in “Karam Kand‟.
- Granthi – Sikh candidates with “Gyani‟ in Punjabi.
- Maulvi and Maulvi (Shia) for Ladakh Scouts – Muslim candidates with Maulvi Alim in Arabic or Adib Alim in Urdu.
- Padre – Any person who have been ordained priesthood by the appropriate ecclesiastical authority and is still on the approved list of the local Bishop.
- Bodh Monk (Mahayana) – Any person who have been ordained Monk/Buddhist Priest. The head priest should be in possession of Geshe (PhD) of Khampa or Lopon or Rabjam with proper certificate from Monastery.
A candidate should have a strong and healthy physique and mental health. Chest should have a minimum of 5cm expansion. Aspirants should have a normal hearing and a sufficient number of natural teeth i.e 14 dental points with healthy gums. Candidates should not have diseases like deformity of bones, hydrocele, varicose veins or piles.
Physical Standard and Fitness Test
|Height (cm)||1. For general -160 |
2. For Gorkhas & Ladakhi region candidates -157
3. Andaman & Nicobar Island, Lakshadweep Gp incl
Minicoys – 155 (only Locals).
|Chest (cm)||77 for all|
|Weight (kg)||1. For general and Ladakhis- 50|
2. For Gorkha candidates- 48
|Physical Fitness |
|Candidate should be able to run 1600 Meter in 08 Minutes|
Note: Provisions for extra time for 1.6 Km run in Hilly Terrain Areas:
Indian Army JCO Application Form 2021
Indian Army offers recruitment of various posts to be as the religious teachers in the Indian Army. For some posts, application forms are available in offline mode and for others they are online. For filling an online form check the steps below:
1st step: For filling the form candidates can either click on the direct link provided above on this page or can directly go to the official website.
2nd step: After landing on the main website, click on the tab saying “JCO/AO login”.
3rd step: Just after clicking on the tab, go for the registration by clicking on the register button for new user.
4th step: Candidates now have to fill the registration form by providing their details of aadhar card, parent’s name, date of birth, email address and mobile number.
5th step: Soon after this, your profile gets generated and candidates now have to fill the remaining application form according to their preference.
6th step: Once providing all the information in the application form and submitted it, a preview page gets generated. Check all the information entered till yet and if any changes required, do it. After final submission, no edits can be done later.
Indian Army JCO Offline Application Form 2021
There is a various number of religious post announced by the Indian Army as religious teachers in service. These teachers are responsible for religious teaching to the troops and conduct various rituals at the regimental unit and religious institutions. Listed below are the post for which an application form is available in an offline mode to get filled by the candidates.
- Civil candidates: Those who are applying for Pandit Granthi Padri and Maulvi (Sunni) categories havr to submit applictaionsonly via online mode.
- Civil Gorkha Candidates: Applying for Pandit (Gorkha) category have to submit written application to Gorkha Recruiting Depot, Kunraghat only.
- Civil Muslim (Shia) candidates of Ladakh region: Applying for Maulvi (Shia) category have to submit written application to Ladakh Scouts Regimental Centre, Leh only.
- Civil Buddhist (Mahayana) candidates of other than Sikkim Region: Applying for Bodh Monk have to submit written application to Ladakh Scouts Regimental Centre, Leh only.
Indian Army JCO Admit Card 2021
For all the candidates who have filled up the application form will be issued an admit card. Admit card contains the details of the candidates which they have provided in the application form. Indian Army JCO Admit Card is generated when the rally is scheduled. The roll number of the candidates will get generated once the registration gets close on the last day. To know about the admit card candidates are advised to check their profile on joinindianarmy.nic.in. Candidates need to take one print out of the same in black and white laser printer and affix one recent passport size photograph on it.
Indian Army JCO Exam Pattern 2021
There are 2 papers to clear to be an eligible Junior Commissioned Officers (JCO). Paper 1 is common and is a qualifying exam only. Candidates need to score a minimum of 40% in paper 1 to be assessed for paper 2. Candidates can check the exam pattern from below:
Mode: It is a written examination.
Type of questions: All the questions in paper 1 and paper 2 are objective type.
Total questions: There is a total of 50 questions in both paper.
Positive marking: Every question carry a positive mark of 2 marks each.
Negative marking: For every wrong answer there is a deduction of 0.5 marks.
|Paper 1||general Awareness||40/100|
|Paper 2||Religious denominations as|
applied by the candidates
Cut-Off for Indian Army JCO Exam 2021
There is a first screening round where candidates are called to check their eligibility and then they are sent further for the written examination. Candidates have to undertake 2 papers. Paper 1 is a qualifying paper and candidates need to get a minimum of 40%. Only those candidates will be assessed further for paper 2.
And those candidates who will then clear paper 2 gets qualified for the interview round. And the cut off for the interview is to get a scoring of a minimum of 50marks out of 100 marks. The final merit list is prepared on the basis of the marks achieved in paper 2 and interview
Indian Army JCO Recruiting Offices 2021
The recruitment will be carried out through all the Headquarters Recruiting Zones, Independent Recruiting Office (Delhi Cantt), GRD Kunraghat, Ladakh Scouts Regt Centre (Leh).
Civil Candidates can appear for screening and written exam only in the Headquarter Recruiting Zone or Independent Recruiting Office (Delhi Cantt) covering their place of domicile. Check below the address and states of the various headquarters recruiting zones.
Selection Procedure for Indian Army JCO 2021
There are in total 3 steps in selection procedure which a candidate need to go through in order to be eligible for the post of Junior Commissioned Officers (JCO). Check the entire selection procedure from the succeeding paragraph below:
- Before the screening test, the conducting body checks the candidates in terms of original certificate, physical fitness test followed by a medical examination.
- Aspirants found eligible gets their Admit Card for initial screening.
- Candidates need to carry certain documents during the initial screening process.
- Written Examination
- The screening test/ online test consists of two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Paper 1 is a qualifying exam and everyone has to secure at least 40% marks to be eligible for paper 2.
- After qualifying both the papers the qualified candidates are then called for the interview round.
- The total marks allotted to this round is 100 marks and a candidate need to score at least 50% of the marks.
- The final merit list is prepared on the basis of the marks scored in paper 2 and interview.
Check the list of the documents needed to be carried at the time of screening:
- Character certificate by Sarpanch of the Village or authorized signatory of the State Government.
- Domicile/Resident/Nativity certificate from the authorized signatory of the State Government.
- Original Certificate from matriculation onward and detailed mark sheet of each year separately pertaining to educational qualification.
- Son of Servicemen/Ex-servicemen, Son of War Widow/Son of Widow, certificate in original, if applicable.
Indian Army JCO Training 2021
Once the candidate goes through all the above 3 steps of the selection procedure, he is now eligible for the training round under Indian Army. The candidates have to undergo 06 weeks of Basic Training at BEG and Centre, Kirkee after being selected for the post as JCO (RT). After the completion of 06 weeks of training, they further undergo 11 weeks of training specific to religious denominations as applied by the candidates at the Institute of National Integration (INI), Pune.
Candidates before joining the organisation have to submit a “No Objection Certificate” from the previous employer after leaving that organisation for joining Indian Army.
Indian Army JCO Vacancies 2021
The Indian Army has announced a total of 194 vacancies for the post of religious teachers in the army to preach religious teaching to troops and other related activities. Candidates applying for the post can check the number of vacancies fixed for that particular category from the table below.
Indian Army JCO
Indian Army is recruiting for the position of religious teachers. Applications are invited from eligible male candidates for recruiting them as junior Commissioned Officers in Indian Army. These teachers are held responsible for preaching religious scriptures to troops and conduct various rituals at religious institutions. The total number of vacancies for the post for different categories announced by the army this time is 194 vacancies. Eligible candidates can apply for the same by filling the application form by checking their eligibility.
To check Complete details on Indian Army JCO Recruitment 2019 check the official brochure.
Ans : The total no. of vacancies for JCO as a religious teacher is 194 seats.
Ans : JCO stands for Junior. Commissioned Officer, a term used for the military rank in the Indian Army.
Ans : No, the post of JCO is only for the male candidates
Ans : The selection procedure consists of screening (checking of the original certificate, physical fitness test, medical examination) written examination and interview.
Ans : The name of the posts for JCO as a religious teacher are Pandit, Granthi, Padre, Maulvi, Pandit (Gorkha) for Gorkha Regiments, Maulvi (Shia) for Ladakh Scouts and Bodh Monk (Mahayana).