Indian Army JCO 2018 – Join Indian Army, Government of India has notified in regard of Recruitment 2018 for filling up Junior Commissioned Officers (Religious Teacher) against RRT Course. There are vacancies for Pandit, Granthi, Padre, Maulvi, Pandit (Gorkha) for Gorkha Regiments, Maulvi (Shia) for Ladakh Scouts and Bodh Monk (Mahayana). All eligible Male candidates could apply in the prescribed format for Join Indian Army JCO 2018. The selection has been made on the basis of screening (checking of the original certificate, physical fitness test, medical examination) written examination and interview. Get here complete details of Indian Army JCO 2018 for Junior Commissioned Officer (Religious Teacher) for RRT 85 & 86 courses, such as application form, admit card, result.
Indian Army JCO 2018
Interested candidates applied for Indian Army JCO 2018 for Junior Commissioned Officer (Religious Teacher as per schedule date mentioned below. Before going to apply candidates must read all the details carefully. Official website of Join Indian Army is joinindianarmy.nic.in
|Start of Online Registration||10 Oct 2017|
|Last date of Online Registration||08 Nov 2017|
|Date of Written Examination||25 Feb 2018|
|Declaration of Result of Written Exam||30 Mar 2018|
|Declaration of Final Result||07 May 2018|
Indian Army JCO 2018 Vacancies Details
Total No. of Vacancies: 72
Name of the post: Junior Commissioned Officers (Religious Teacher)
Pay Scale: The JCO (RT) will be placed at the minimum pay scale of Rs 35,400 – 1,12,400.
Education Qualification: Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.
Age Limit :
- Civilian Candidates – 27 to 34 years of age as on 01 Oct 2018
- Serving Combatant – 25 to 34 years of age as on 01 Oct 2018
Appointment – On successful completion of training the candidates will be commissioned as Religious Teachers in the rank of Naib Subedar.
Promotion – All JCOs (Religious Teachers) will become eligible for the substantive rank of Subedar/Risaldar on completion of at least 10 years service as Religious Teachers (RT).
Educational Qualification: The minimum educational qualification for appointment to Junior Commissioned Officers (Religious Teacher) will be Graduate in any discipline from a recognized university. In addition to this they must also possess following qualification according to the religious denomination of the individual:-
Pandit: Hindu candidates with Madhyama in Sanskrit or Bhushan in Hindi or equivalent standard in the regional language concerned. OR Those who have passed BA with Sanskrit / Hindi as one of the elective (Main) subjects but have not done Madhyama in Sanskrit or Bhushan in Hindi.
Granthi: Sikh candidates with Vidwan in Punjabi or equivalent standard in the regional language concerned OR Those who have passed BA with Punjabi as one of the elective (main) subjects but have not done Vidwan in Punjabi.
Pandit (Gorkha) for Gorkha Regiment: Hindu (Gorkha) candidates with Madhyama in Sanskrit or Bhushan in Hindi or equivalent standard in the Nepali Language OR Those who have passed BA with Sanskrit / Hindi as one of the elective (Main) subjects but have not done Madhyama in Sanskrit or Bhushan in Hindi
Padre: Christian candidates who have been ordained priesthood by the appropriate ecclesiastical authority and is still on the approved list of the local Bishop
Maulvi: Muslim candidates with Maulvi Alim in Arabic, Adib Alim in Urdu or equivalent standard in the regional language concerned. OR Those who have passed BA with Arabic/Urdu as one of the elective
Maulvi (Shia) for Ladakh Scouts: Muslim Shia Ladakh personnel candidates with Maulvi Alim in Arabic, Adib Alim in Urdu or equivalent standard in the regional language concerned. OR Those who have passed BA with Arabic/Urdu as one of the elective (Main) subject but who have not done Maulvi Alim in Arabic or Adib Alim in Urdu.
Bodh Monk (Mahayana) : Buddhist (Mahayana) candidates who have been ordained Monk/Buddhist Priest, by the Appropriate Authority. The term Appropriate Authority will mean Head Priest of the Monastery where the person has been initiated into priesthood. The head priest should be in possession of Geshe (PhD) of Khanpa or Lopon or Rabjam with proper certificate from Monastery.
Note : For service candidates applying for remustering the minimum qualification will be 10+2.
- A candidate should have robust physique and mental health, chest should be well developed having minimum 5 cm expansion, should have normal hearing with each ear, should have sufficient number of natural teeth, i.e. 14 dental points with healthy gums. Candidate should not have diseases like deformity of bones, hydrocele, varicose veins or piles
- Candidates may contact nearest Recruiting Office / Zones given for existing rules on acceptable medical standards.
|Height (cm)||160 (157 for Pandit Gorkha, Bodh Monk & Maulvi Shia)|
|Physical Fitness Test||Candidate should be able to run 1600 Meter in 05 Minutes
Note: Provisions for extra time for 1.6 Km run in Hilly Terrain Areas:
Candidates found eligible will be issued with Admit Card for initial screening which will include checking of original certificate, physical fitness test followed by medical examination at respective Headquarters Recruiting Zone/Regimental Centres concerned.
Written Examination and Interview
Screened candidates will be put through written examination which will be conducted on 25 Feb 2018 and will comprise of two papers as follows:
- Paper – I (Maximum Marks – 100) – This paper will contain objective type questions on general awareness and will be common to candidates of all religious denominations. Pass marks 40%
Note: Paper-I is a qualifying exam only. Only candidates scoring min 40% marks in Paper-I will qualify for appearing in Paper –II. Marks not counted while preparation of merit list for appearing in the interview or final selection.
- PAPER- II (Maximum Marks – 100) – This paper will contain objective questions to check the knowledge specific to particular religious denominations to which the candidate belongs.
- In Paper-II candidates are required to secure a minimum of 40 marks out of total 100 marks and come in the merit list to be eligible for appearing in the interview. The number of candidates to be called for interview will be approx 2 (two) to 3 (three) times the number of vacancies. Only those candidates who come in the merit will be interviewed by a board of officers at nominated regimental center.
- The names of candidates declared successful in the written examination and shortlisted for interview will be put on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- Candidates are required to secure a minimum 50 out of 100 marks to qualify in the interview.
- The final selection will be based on merit list drawn on the basis of the total marks obtained in Paper-II and Interview.
- Candidates finally selected will be enrolled as JCO (RT) and will undergo six weeks training at respective Regimental Centre followed by eleven week training at Institute of National Integration (INI), Pune
- Rejection can take place at any stage during training also.
To check Complete details Indian Army JCO Recruitment 2018 check – Advertisement