Indian Army NCC Special Entry Recruitment 2022 – The Indian Army has released details regarding the Indian Army NCC Special Entry Recruitment 2022 for the 51st Course in April on their official site (joinindianarmy.nic.in) Applications are accepted from unmarried women and men for the Short Service Commission in the Indian Army. A total of 55 vacancies are available for NCC Special Entry Recruitment 2022. Read this article to learn more regarding the eligibility criteria, application and exam details, vacancies as well as selection procedure of NCC Special Entry Recruitment 2022.
Latest: Application procedure for Indian Army NCC Special Entry Recruitment 2022 51st Course is now closed.
Indian Army NCC Special Entry Recruitment 2022 51st Course
Indian Army has released the application details for the NCC Special Entry Recruitment 2022 for 51st course online on their official site (joinindianarmy.nic.in). The information regarding the Indian Army NCC Special Entry scheme 2022 has been tabulated in a table below:
|Application starts from||05 October 2021|
|Application deadline||03 November 2021|
|SSB interview||Yet to be announced|
|Declaration of results||Yet to be announced|
|Commencement of Course||April 2022|
Overview of NCC Special Entry Recruitment
The NCC Special Entry Recruitment is a scheme carried out by the Indian Army to recruit unmarried candidates in the regular Army for the grant of Short Service Commission. Cadets can serve in the Army for a tenure of 14 years under this course. Read the brief overview of NCC Special Entry Recruitment given below to learn more.
|Name of Course||National Cadet Corps Special Entry|
|Conducting Body||Indian Army|
|Last conducted in||2021|
|Minimum Eligibility||Graduation and minimum two years of service in Senior Division of NCC/Ward of Battle Casualties|
|Key Stages||Shortlisting of applicationsSSB InterviewMedical Examination|
|Mode of application||Online|
Indian Army NCC Special Entry Recruitment 2022- 51st Course April Notification
Candidates can download the official notification of Indian Army NCC Special Entry Recruitment 2022 from the screenshot provided below.
Indian Army NCC Special Entry Recruitment 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The Indian army has prescribed the eligibility criteria for NCC Special Entry Course which has been listed below in the article.
- 19 to 25 years as on 01 Jul 2021 (born not earlier than 02 Jul 1996 and not later than 01 Jan 2002, both dates inclusive).
- Basic qualifications
- Must be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or a person of Indian origin from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Zaire, Malawi, Ethiopia, Zambia, and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Candidates should be 19-25 years as of 01 Jan 2022 (born no earlier than 02 Jan 1997 and no later than 01 Jan 2003)
- Educational Qualifications
For NCC ‘C’ Certificate Holder
- Graduation degree with total minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years.
- Those studying in final year are allowed to apply on the condition that they have secured a minimum of total 50% marks in the first two years of a three year course and in the first three years of a four year course.
- Service in the senior/Wg division of NCC for minimum 2/3 years.
- Minimum of ‘B’ Grade should be secured in the ‘C’ Certificate Exam of NCC.
For the Ward of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel
- Graduation degree with total minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years.
- ‘C’ certificate of NCC is not a requirement for Wards of Battle Casualties.
Indian Army NCC Special Entry 51st Course Application Form
The Indian Army has released the application form for the NCC Special Entry 2022 51st Course on their official site. Eligible candidates can fill out the form by following the procedure below.
How to apply for NCC Special Entry
- Visit the official website joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- If a candidate is a new user, check the job eligibility for joining the Indian Army as an officer and then register.
- Click on the ‘Officer Entry Appln/Login’ and read the instructions carefully. Click ‘continue’ and a registration table window opens.
- Fill all your personal details as given in your matriculation certificates. (i.e. your name, your date of birth, your father’s name and educational qualifications.) Enter a unique and active email-id and mobile number.
- Once the registration process is complete, start filling in the application form for Indian Army NCC Special Entry Recruitment 2022.
Note: One copy of the application form duly signed and self-attested, photograph affixed will be carried to the Selection Centre for SSB. The second copy of the printout of online application is to be retained by the candidate for his reference. There is no need to send any hard copy to Directorate General of Recruiting.
Indian Army NCC Special Entry Recruitment 2022 – 51st Course April Interview Pattern
The NCC Special Entry course doesn’t conduct exams, but instead, an interview is conducted for a duration of 5 days. The pattern of SSB interview is given in this article for the candidate’s convenience.
|Day||Name of Test|
|Day 1||PPDT and OIR test|
|Day 2||Psychological Tests: Thematic Apperception,Word Association, Situation Reaction, Self Description|
|Day 2, 3 or 4||Personal Interview|
|Day 3 and 4||The Group Testing Officers (GTO) Activities|
Indian Army NCC Special Entry Recruitment 2022 – 51st Course Interview Preparation
Candidates should work on improving their communication skills foremost before the interview. Keep a track of time during the OIR test and study quantitative aptitude maths properly, since most candidates struggle with that section during the OIR test. Be bold and give clear and precise answers during the PPDT test. Connect with other candidates during the 5 days duration. Be honest with the officer during the personal interview. It’s recommended to dispose of preconceived notions and coaching mentality for the SSB interview.
Indian Army NCC Special Entry Recruitment 2022- 51st Course April Exam Centre
Shortlisted eligible candidates have to undergo SSB interview at the following selection centres: Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh, Bangalore in Karnataka, Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh, and Kapurthala in Punjab.
Indian Army NCC Special Entry Recruitment 2022 Results
Candidates shortlisted for SSB interview are notified via email. Merely qualifying for the SSB Interview doesn’t guarantee final selection. A merit list is prepared and displayed on the official site (joinindianarmy.nic.in) based on the marks scored during the interview. In case equal SSB marks are obtained by more than one candidate, the older candidate in age is ranked higher in merit. In case both the SSB marks and age of more than one candidate are the same, the candidate with higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination is placed higher in the merit.
There 55 vacancies for recruitment, from which 50 are for Men and 05 are for Women. Candidates can check category wise vacancies details from below:
|Category||NCC Men||NCC Women|
|Wards of Battle Casualties of Army personnel only||05||01|
Indian Army NCC Special Entry Recruitment 2022- 51st Course Selection Procedure
Selection procedure of NCC Special Entry occurs in two phases which are as follows:
- Shortlisting of candidates
- Applications of candidates are scrutinized by the Integrated HQ of MoD (Army). Candidates are notified regarding their Centre by email in case they are selected.
- Candidates have to log in to the website and select their SSB dates which are available on a first come first serve basis.
- SSB Interview
- Only shortlisted eligible candidates undergo SSB interview at Selection Centres, Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP), Bangalore (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (PB).
- The SSB interview lasts for 5 days and is conducted in two stages. Candidates who pass both stages undergo a medical examination.
- Medical Examination: Candidates who are deemed as medically fit is issued a joining letter for training according to merit list.
Below we have provided the information related to pay scale and Rank. The applicant must check this information before filling the application form.
|Rank||Level||Pay in Rs.|
|Lieutenant||Level 10||56,100 – 1,77,500|
|Captain||Level 10 B||61,300 – 1,93,900|
|Major||Level 11||69,400 – 2,07,200|
|Lieutenant Colonel||Level 12 A||1,21,200 – 2,12,400|
|Colonel||Level 13||1,30,600 – 2,15,900|
|Brigadier||Level 13 A||1,39,600 – 2,17,600|
|Major General||Level 14||1,44,200 – 2,18,200|
|Lieutenant General HAG Scale||Level 15||1,82,200 – 2,24,100|
|Lt Gen HAG+Scale||Level 16||2,05,400 – 2,24,400|
|VCOAS/Army Cdr/ Lieutenant General (NFSG)||Level 17||2,25,000/-(fixed)|
Military Service Pay (MSP): MSP to the officers from the rank of Lt to Brig Rs 15,500/- p.m. fixed.
Fixed Stipend for Cadet Training: A stipend to Gentlemen or Lady Cadets throughout the year is Rs 56,100/- p.m. Duration of training at the Service Academies, i.e. during the course of training that is during OTA training period
Indian Army NCC Special Entry Recruitment 2022- 51st Course Training
Candidates who clear all rounds of the interview and shortlisting are eligible for the training at OTA, Chennai for a duration of 49 weeks. Candidates are briefed about the details regarding the training at OTA, Chennai according to their position in the final order of merit, up to the number of available vacancies, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria. On completion of training, candidates are awarded ‘Post Graduate Diploma in Defence Management and Strategic Studies’ by University of Madras.
Official website: www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
To check more details regarding the recruitment, click here for full notification
Ans 1. This year, the conducting body has announced 55 vacancies for Indian Army NCC Special Entry.
Ans 2. Candidates have to appear for the SSB interview and medical examination to qualify for Indian Army NCC Special Entry.
Ans 3. Indian Army NCC Special Entry Recruitment 2022 Training is conducted for 49 weeks at OTA, Chennai.