A Notification for the recruitment to the post of Navik Domestic Branch (Cook & Steward) in the Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union is released. In this article, we have provided all the important details and relevant links for the Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2019. Only those candidates will be granted for recruitment who fulfill the eligibility criteria as laid down by the authority. Candidates are requested to go through the details regarding Indian Coast Guard Navik Domestic Branch (DB) Recruitment 02/2019 provided in the below article.
Indian Coast Guard Navik Domestic Branch (DB) Recruitment 02/2019
The application process for the recruitment had started from June 05, 2019. The various events of Indian Coast Guard Navik Domestic Branch (DB) Recruitment 02/2019 will be held as per the schedule given in the table below:
|Online Application Process||05 –
|Availability of Admit Card||24 Jun to 10 Jul 2019|
|Recruitment Examination||As per admit card|
|Selection List||13 Jul 2019|
|Medical Examination for North Zone||15 to 19 Jul 2019|
10th Class with 50% marks in aggregate from a board of Education recognized by Central/State Government. (5% relaxation in above minimum cut off will be given for SC/ST candidates and outstanding sports person of National level who has obtained 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in any field sports events at the Open National Championship/ Interstate National Championship. This relaxation will also be applicable to the ward of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service).
- Cook: They would be required to prepare food as per menu (both vegetarian and non-vegetarian including handling of meat products) and accounting of ration. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties for the efficient running of the organization.
- Steward: They would be required to serve food in the officer’s messes, as waiters, housekeeping, accounting of funds, wine and stores, preparation of menu, etc. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties for the efficient running of the organization.
Age: 18 to 22 years as on 01 Oct 2019 i.e born between 01 Oct 1997 to 30 Sep 2001, both dates inclusive. (Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates).
The application form for the Indian Coast Guard Navik Domestic Branch (DB) Recruitment 02/2019 will release online only from June 05 to June 10, 2019. Candidates are to log on to www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in to apply online for the recruitment. We will also provide you a direct link to apply online.
On successful submission of the online application, a unique Application/Registration number will be provided to the candidates. Candidates must note down this application number for future reference and for retrieval/ reprint of e-Admit card.
Applicants to take the print out of the e-Admit card through joinindiancoastguard.gov.in from June 20 to June 26, 2019, only post short listing of the online applications. For Candidates NOT meeting the eligibility criteria, a ‘Rejection Slip, giving the cause of rejection with the Application Number’ will be displayed. Candidates are required to bring 03 copies of the e-Admit card with latest identical colour passport size photographs with a Blue background (Not older than one month) and to be pasted in the box provided.
The written examination will be of objective type, which will generally cover the following subjects:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Sciences
- General English
- General Awareness (Current Affairs & General Knowledge)
- Reasoning (Verbal & Non-Verbal)
List of Documents Required For Written Examination
Scrutiny of documents for eligibility will be carried out prior to the commencement of the written examination. Candidates are, therefore, required to appear at the examination Centre with the following documents:
- Three copies of the e-Admit card with latest photograph affixed.
- Original Class 10th pass certificate and mark sheet.
- Original Caste (if applicable)/ Income certificate for EWSs (Economically Weaker Sections) as per Govt. of India format (No other format will be entertained) available on ICG website.
- Domicile certificate of their respective state issued by Tehsildar/Sub District Magistrate / District Magistrate.
- Proof of identity such as passport, driving license, Aadhar card/ voter I card, Pan card, School/ college ID card or any other photo identity proof.
- In case of reserved category applicants, availing age/percentage relaxation, either the current or permanent address of online application should be same as the address mentioned in caste/category certificate (SC, ST & OBC)/Income certificate for EWSs (Economically Weaker Sections). Further, in case of OBC, the category certificate should not be more than 3 financial Years old and for such cases renewed/fresh certificate to be produced shall be in original as per Govt. of India format (No other format will be entertained).
- Ten recent colour passport size photographs with Blue background.
Note: Candidates not in possession of the above documents will not be permitted to appear in the written examination. Original educational certificates will be returned after verification. If any variations found in the application at the time of verification, the candidature of the applicant will be canceled. Qualified candidates to submit one copy of all documents at the examination Centre.
The recruitment zones and examination Centre for different states are given below:
|Zone||Examination Centres||States -Candidates residing/Domicile|
|Northern Zone||Noida||Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Delhi and Union Territory of Chandigarh.|
|North-Eastern Zone||Kolkata||Bihar, Jharkhand, Mizoram, West Bengal, Orissa, Assam, Sikkim, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, and Tripura.|
|Eastern Zone||Chennai||Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Union Territory of Puducherry and Andaman & Nicobar Islands.|
|Western Zone||Mumbai||Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, Chattisgarh, Kerala, Goa, Union Territory of Daman & Diu, Dadra Nagar Haveli and Lakshadweep|
|North-West Zone||Gandhi Nagar||Gujarat|
Selection of candidates is based on the order of merit depending on their performance in Written Test, Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in the Medical Examination. The Selection procedure is as follows:
- Short-listing criteria will be based on a higher percentage of marks for a particular examination Centre.
- The qualifying cut off percentage (%) of a particular Centre may be increased if the number of applications with higher percentage is received.
- Those who qualify written examination will undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and Initial Medical Examination (Preliminary). The testing procedure will take 2-3 days. Physically Challenged candidates are not eligible to apply for this examination.
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT): PFT will be conducted for all those who qualify the written tests. All candidates are advised to be in possession of sport rig (Shoe, T-shirt, Trouser, etc). The PFT will consist of:
- 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes
- 20 Squat ups (Uthak Baithak)
- 10 Push up. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
- Candidates who qualify the Physical Fitness Test (PFT) will only be required to undergo initial recruitment medical examination at the respective recruitment Centres or any other place as decided by the Indian Coast Guard.
- Based on the performance in the written examination, candidates will be shortlisted for medical examination in a ratio as may be decided by the Indian Coast Guard. Mere declaration of fit in the initial medical examination does not indicate selection of the candidate for the final medical at INS Chilka.
Official Website: www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in
For More Details regarding Indian Coast Guard Navik Domestic Branch (DB) Recruitment 02/2019 – Check Official Advertisement