The Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission (JSSC) has invited the online applications for the post of District / Unit Inspector of Police which need to be filled up to take the Jharkhand Police Sub Inspector Limited Competitive Examination 2017. As per the notice 09/ 2017, there are overall 1544 vacancies for the mentioned post and seats have been reserved for the reserved categories and women. Check all information on Eligibility Criteria, Application form and result for JSSC Police SI Limited Competition Examination below.
Jharkhand Police Sub Inspector Limited Competitive Examination 2017
The official dates have been released by the Jharkhand SSC. Refer to the tabular data below.
|Opening Date of Online Application Process||09 Aug 2017|
|Last Date to Submit the Application Form||08 Sep 2017|
|Last Date to Deposit the Examination Fee||12 Sep 2017|
|Closing Date to upload the Photograph and Signature|
|Admit Card Available (Online)||20 Nov 2017|
|Date of Main Exam||26 Nov 2017|
|Date of Final Answer Key||26 Dec 2017|
|Date of written exam result||08 Jan 2018|
|AIMS ATMA 2018 Exam||Register to get Top MBA College|
|Times Group Bennett University||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
Total No. of Posts: 1544
|Vacancies for the Post of District/ Unit Inspector of Police|
|Name of the Category||Total Number of Posts||Posts Reserved for Women|
|Other Backward Class||124|
Age limit: Upper Age Limit is not applied under the eligibility conditions to appear for the examination.
Pay Scale: The selected candidates for the post of District/ Unit Inspector will be paid as per the pay structure mentioned below.
Basic Pay: Rs.9,300 – Rs. 34,800/-
Grade Pay: Rs. 4200/-
Application Fee: The Examination fee of Police SI Limited Competitive Examination 2017 can be remitted through both online as well as offline mode.
Online Mode: One can use Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking to deposit the fee online.
Offline Mode: The option of payment through challan will also be available. Visit the nearest SBI branch to deposit the challan along with the requisite fee.
- UR/ BC/ OBC : Rs. 460/-
- SC/ ST : Rs. 115/-
JPSILCE Eligibility Criteria
Educational Qualification: An applicant applying for the post of District/ Unit Inspector of Police should have completed graduation or its equivalent qualification from a redeemed University or recognised by the Central or State Government.
Physical Measurement: Along with the qualification, it is necessary to be physically fit to qualify the exam for the applied post. Below are required physical measurement.
|Name of the Category||Minimum Height (cm)||Minimum Chest (cm)|
|UR/ BC/ OBC||160||81|
The interested individuals can apply for the online application process once they have verified the eligibility conditions set up by the Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission. The link to apply for the online application process is mentioned above on the page. The Application forms for Jharkhand Police SI Limited Competitive Examination are available online.
The initial phase of the application process is registration and after you complete the registration process, you will receive registration number and password on the registered email id and password. Login using the received details and fill the JSSC Application Form before the deadline. Make sure that the details entered by you in the registration form/ application form are as per the particulars printed on the Class 10th and Class 12th Mark sheet and Certificate.
Written Exam Pattern for JPSILCE 2017
As per the official prospectus, the selection will be based on the three phases of the examination.
- Phase I (OMR Based Examination)
- Phase II (Physical Fitness Test)
- Phase III (Medical Fitness Test)
Phase I (OMR Based Examination)
- Study the examination scheme of the OMR based examination through the pattern below.
- The offline based exam will contain multiple choice questions and each question carries 1 mark each.
The Phase I includes 3 papers as mentioned in the table below.
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration of Examination|
|General Hindi and Language Knowledge||120||120||2 Hours|
|General Knowledge||120||120||2 Hours|
|General Studies||120||120||2 Hours|
Syllabus of the Offline Based Examination
General Hindi and Language Knowledge (Paper 1)
An aspirant will be tested based on their understanding of Hindi language and grammatical skills.
|Topic||Number of Questions|
General Knowledge (Paper 2)
The subject of General Knowledge will be taken in two parts. Get to know the number of questions from each topic.
|First Part of the General Knowledge|
|Topic||Number of Questions|
|Police manual related to Police work||20|
|Code of Indian Penal Code||20|
|Indian Penal Code||20|
|Second Part of the General Knowledge|
|Topic||Number of Questions|
General Studies (Paper 3)
From this section, a total of 120 questions will be given in the question paper.
|Name of the Topic||Number of Questions|
|Indian History and Culture||20|
The candidates who aspires to get the job for the post of District/ Unit Inspector of Police will need to follow the selection criteria mentioned below.
- Obtain Minimum Qualification Marks in the Phase-I Examination: The examinees who manage to obtain at least 45% aggregate in the paper 1 and paper 2 separately and have scored 50% combined marks in both the papers (applicable to general category candidates) whereas the test takers who belong to SC/ ST category will require 45% aggregate in the OMR Based Exam.
- Tie Breaking Methodology: In an event of a tie, he/ she will be assigned rank in the merit list as per his/ her date of birth.
- Preparation of Merit List: In order to make it to the list of shortlisted candidates, you will require to achieve the minimum qualifying marks (category wise) mentioned above.
- Physical Fitness Test: The aspirants who have cleared the OMR Based Examination can only appear for the PET. He/She will have to satisfy the following Criteria for the Physical Fitness Test.
|Criteria for Physical Fitness Test|
|Male||10 KM||1 Hour|
|Female||5 KM||40 Minutes|
- Medical Fitness Test: An aspirant who has cleared the OMR based examination and Physical Fitness Test will be invited for the MET at Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences, Ranchi. Those individuals who will be found suffering from the following diseases during the medical exam will not be considered for the selection.
- Bend Knee
- Sagittarius Legs
- Flat Feet
- Visual Impairment
- Colour Blindness
- Hearing Problem
- Infectious Disease or Mental Illness