Sub-Inspectors Meghalaya Home Guard 2018 – Directorate of Meghalaya Home Guards & Civil Defence Department has published a recruitment notification to fill 229 Meghalaya Home Guard Vacancy 2018. Candidates who are searching government jobs have golden oppoturnity to take job in government sector. Interested and Eligible candidates can apply offline as per the schedule and they can get all the information related to this recruitment on this page like application process, important dates, eligibility criteria, selection process,etc.
Meghalaya Home Guard Recruitment 2018.
Interested candidates can take the application form various officies for the Recruitment of the Meghalaya Home Guard 2018-19. All the information related to this recruitment is available on this page. So, candidates are advised to check all the information before applying online.
|Application Form available from||15 Jan 2018|
|Application Form ends on||15 Feb 2018|
|Physically Efficiency Test||To be announced|
No. of Posts: 229
Name of Posts: Sub-Inspectors, Draftsman, Compounder/Dresser, Guardsman, Driver, Non- Combatant Employee.
Age Limit: 18 – 27 years
Educational Qualifications: Bachelor Degree in any stream from recognizes university.
Meghalaya Home Guards & Civil Defence Department has released application form to fill the 229 vacancies in home guard. Candidates can fill the application form which is available at offices of the Dixtrict Home Guards Commandant Shillong / Jowai / Tura, District training centers Nonstoin / Willian Nagar, Civel Defence Offices, Jowai / Tura / Nongstoin / Baghmara / William Nagar and Central Training Institute Civil Defence & Home Guards Mawdiangdiang, Shillong.
Applications received by hand or by post after the last date will not be entertained under any circumstances. Incomplete Applications or applications not accompanied by the required certificates, testimonials will be rejected and no corroespondances in this regard will be entertained.
Application Fee: Rs. 50/- by hand or post.
- 3 (three) copies of recent passport size photograph one of which is to be pasted in the Application Form.
- Educational Qualifications Certificates.
- Birth Certificate or Age Certificate as per school records.
- Scheduled Tribe / Scheduled Caste Certificates / Domicile Certificates.
- Home Guard / Civil Defence training Certificates for candidates applying for the posts of Guardsman and equivalent ranks, Drivers and Non- Combatant Employees.
- Additional Qualification(s) if any.
- Applications may be submitted by hand or by registered A/D number receipt must be collected for hand delivered applications from the counter opened for receiving applications.
- A self-addressed stamped envelope (size 10 x 25 cm) alongwith Rs. 5/- postage should also accompany the application.
Note: There will be relaxation of 5 years in the Upper Age for candidates belonging to SC/ST as per the Govt. policy.
Minimum Medical Requirement
- Eyesight should not be less than 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in the other i.e. 6/6 for the right eye in right handed individuals and 6/6 for the left eye in left handed individuals, without glasses.
- Should be free from color blindness.
- Should not have knock knees, flat foot, varicose viens or squint eyes or any other physical deformaties.
- Any debilitating disease which in the opnion of the doctor is likely to impede the candidates’ functioning in the civil defence and home guards department.
For recruitment of posts of Sub-Inspector
Physical Efficiency Test – 100 Marks
Written Examinations – 300 Marks
Interview – 50 Marks
Total – 450 Marks
For recruitment of Guardsman, Driver and equivalent ranks
Physical Efficiency Test – 200 Marks
Written Examinations – 200 Marks
Interview – 50 Marks
Total – 450 Marks
For recruitment of posts of Non-Combatant Employees
Physical Efficiency Test – 200 Marks
Trade Test – 50 Marks
Total – 250 Marks
For recruitment of posts of Draftsman and Dresser / Compounder, there will be no physical efficiency test and written examination.
Physical Measurement Test
Candidates who do not meet the standards of minimum height requirement as prescribed will be rejected and further test events of such rejected will not be conducted.
Registration and Authentication
After the Physical Measurement Test, the candidate will be required to register themselves at the Physical Efficiency Test (PET) registration counters at the venue of recruitment, where the biometric data such as Candidates’ Finger Print in respect of each candidate will be captured by the Bio-metric application software. The candidate’s bio-metric profile will be verified and only the candidates successfully verified will be allowed for Physical Efficiency Test (Race).
Race in Time equipment
Each candidate will be issued with a Lockable Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) tag, which will be attached to the candidate during the course of the Physical efficiency test. The automatic timing equipment based on RFIO technology will be geared to record start time,. finish time and net time of all runners individually. Those who do not finish the race within the minimum prescribed time will not be allowed to participate in other subsequent recruitment events. 5 KM race for male candidates will have to be completed within 24 Minutes and 3 KM race for Female candidates will have to be completed within 19 minutes.
Candidates who are not physically fit should not attempt this race. Candidates are advised to consult a medical doctor about their physical state of health before preparing themselves to participate in the running test. The Central Recruitment Board will not be responsible for any injury sustained by a candidate during the 5 KM or the 3 KM race.
Only those candidates who qualify in the Physical Efficiency Test will be allowed to appear in the written examination, which will be conducted at the time, venue and date to be notified by the Recruitment Board. The dates and the venues shall be published on the Newspaper and the Departmental Website.
The written examination for the post of Sub-Inspectors shall consists of the following 3(three papers)
- General English- Including precis writing, essay writing, drafting and questions on grammar.
- Elementary Mathematics, Power of Reasoning and Elementary Science (Multiple choice OMR based)
- General Knowledge (Multiple choice OMR based)
The Written Examination for Guardsman, Driver and equivalent posts shall consist of one paper only, comprising of elementary and basic knowledge of English, Basic Arithmetic and basic General Awareness. This paper will be on multiple choice OMR Basis and will carry a maximum of 200 marks. There shall be no written test for Non Combatant Employee [NCE]. For NCE a Trade Test cum Interview of 50 marks will be conducted.
- For vacancies in the posts of (i) Sub-Inspector and equivalent ranks, (ii) Guardsman and equivalent ranks and (iii) Driver, 2 (two) times the number of vacancies will be called for the Personal IntervieW from amongst the candidates who qualified in the PhYSical Efficiency Test and based on the total marks scored in the Physical Efficiency Test and Written Test.
- In the case of Non Combatant Employee, 2 (two) times the number of vacancies from amongst the candidates who qualifies in the Physical Efficiency Test will be called for the Trade Test cum Interview.
- For recruitment to the post of Draftsman and Compounder Dresser, there will be no
Physical Efficiency Test and Written Examination. Selection will be based solely on
their performance in Personal Interview carrying 50 marks.
Note: No separate intimation regarding interviews will be sent. It shall be the responsibility of the candidate(s) to check the results and appear for the interview on the dates as notified on the Departmental Notice Boards and website. www.meghomeguards.gov.in. The selection for the Personal interview will be strictly as per the merit.
- Medical Examination will be conducted only in respect of all candidates who have
qualified in the written tests.
No person shall be appointed from the merit list unless he/she is found physically fit and the Medical doctor certifies that the candidate is free from any debilitating disease which according to the opinion of the doctor is likely to impede the candidates functioning in the Civil Defence and Home Guards Department.
- Recruitment process for Physical Measurement Test and Physical -Efficiency Test shall take place at Central Training Institute, Mawdiangdiang, Shillong and Civil Defence and Home Guards Complex at Tura for which candidates will have to indicate their choice at the time of applying. Written test venue will be intimated later. Personal interview shall be conducted in Shillong only and the date will be intimated later.
The Admit card will be issued in respect of the applications which fulfill all the requirements as enumerated in the Application Form and shall contain information details. The date for issuance of Admit Cards will be intimated on the office notice boards and the Departmental website and an Acknowledgement Receipt will be given to the candidates at the time of submission of the application form. The Recruitment Board will send the Admit Card to each candidate.
The Admit Card will be uploaded in the Civil Defence& Home Guards Department website in a downloadable format (www.meghomeguards.gov.in) The candidate will affix his recent passport size photo on the Admit Card and attend the Venue with the Admit Card.
The selction of candidates will be done as follows.
- Personal Efficiency Test
- Written Test
For selection of driver, a seperate list shall be prepared based on the total marks obtained in Physical Efficiency, Written Test, Personal Interview and Driving Test. The Driving Test shall carry a maximum of 100 marks.
For recruitment of posts of Draftsman and Dresser / Compounder, selection will be based on their performance in Personal Interview carrying 50 marks.
- The Department shall not be responsible for any damage/injury to the candidates
during the entire Recruitment Process.
- Candidates should come duly prepared to stay for 2/3 days under their own
arrangements and no TA/DA will be admissible for journey on stay.
- dergoing medical examination at the end of the tests and qualifying in it, does not guarantee appointment.
These vacancies will be filled up as per Reservation Policy of the State. Selected Candidates will have to serve anywhere in the state of Meghalaya after successfully completing the Basic Training of 9 (nine) months duration, extendable at the discretion of the undersigned. Candidates who fail to pass the Basic Training and who perform unsatisfactorily will be summarily discharged from service.
Official Website: www.meghomeguards.gov.in.
For more information about Meghalaya Home Guard Recruitment 2018, download advertisement.